I'm having mk17 scar inaudibility issue. It sounded when i fire, but no sound come out when i look at ai firing it.

17 minutes ago, Bukain said:

I'm having mk17 scar inaudibility issue. It sounded when i fire, but no sound come out when i look at ai firing it.

I have this issue aswell with the mk17. When the AI fires it, sound is very often not audible, at least on some more complex maps with lot of objects (Livonia). On less crowded maps (like older Takistan) it didn't happen. I haven't noticed this issue with the other weapons.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, uzabit said:

I have this issue aswell with the mk17. When the AI fires it, sound is very often not audible, at least on some more complex maps with lot of objects (Livonia). On less crowded maps (like older Takistan) it didn't happen. I haven't noticed this issue with the other weapons.

Hmm maybe that's why i can't reproduce the issue now. It working again for now. 

When it wants to happen, it happen with only RHS mods loaded, in Stratis, only 5-6 soliders. But something it didn't happen even with shit loads of mods, in Xcam's Taurus map 😵 confuse!?

Sometime i think it was becaz of 3cb faction mod, SVD sniper to be exact,as soon as i gave this ragtag this particular sniper rifle, the sound of mk17 gone in mission. But now two rifles are working well alongside smoothly without problem. Then i started blaming on JSRS, which i loaded beforehand, saved some rhs mission with it. But now, after deleting all me saves games the issue happen randomly with and without jsrs(with or without rhs compat). Now i think maybe it's my laptop's speaker which is the issue here 😕⁉️ 

Anyway I'm trying to find the real culprit right now, will tell you guys as soon as i find.

Edited by Bukain

The SVD in the 3CB Faction pack should simply be a wooden reskin of their original weapon. It inherits all the rest from the RHS SVD - sounds etc...

• Like 1

When there is a new Serbian uniform, maybe You could start working on tactical vest for special forces, such as CLIMBING VEST PANTHER?

2 hours ago, marek1986 said:

When there is a new Serbian uniform, maybe You could start working on tactical vest for special forces, such as CLIMBING VEST PANTHER?

i got to quoting myself...

Are there any pro and con in using specific rhs ammo type over one another? Especially the Soviet ones like 5.45×39; do they have effects in gameplay point of view (accu, damage, bc, etc)? If so, by how much/are they significant?

Thanks

If you use ace, the ace arsenal show you most of the relevant stats for different ammo types

2 minutes ago, ShaKodemon said:

have a m1a1 a fire control system? how to shoot in mooving target?

Yes, M1A1 and M1A2 tanks in RHS have FCS.

You find moving target. Track it, press TAB or T or whatever key you use for laser range finder. Then you still track target a bit to get a good lead, and then you shoot.

RHS uses more realistic way to simulate modern FCS. When you lase the target and FCS induces lead, you can notice that turret moves independently to the sight.

• Like 2

Yes, laser range show me correct distans, and i shooting in correct distance, but i have no good lead. In CUP m1a1 (all other tanks too), in Steel beasts simulator, in original arma tanks i have a good laed while shootin in movin target, but in RHS mod it does not work, or i do something wrong.

It's odd, I just tested it yesterday, and FCS lead was working as intended, I could even hit a very fast moving targets.

11 hours ago, ShaKodemon said:

Yes, laser range show me correct distans, and i shooting in correct distance, but i have no good lead. In CUP m1a1 (all other tanks too), in Steel beasts simulator, in original arma tanks i have a good laed while shootin in movin target, but in RHS mod it does not work, or i do something wrong.

Check in RHS Game Options if you have FCS lead enabled

39 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Check in RHS Game Options if you have FCS lead enabled

thanks, now laed is working

On 10/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, Bukain said:

Are there any pro and con in using specific rhs ammo type over one another? Especially the Soviet ones like 5.45×39; do they have effects in gameplay point of view (accu, damage, bc, etc)? If so, by how much/are they significant?

Thanks

Get CBA and ACE if you don't have them already.

On the main menu under tutorials, where you'd go to open Bohemia's Virtual Arsenal, click on ACE Virtual Arsenal. Equip the gun and the magazine you are interested in (you can change the loaded mag in the arsenal interface), then click Try. Press escape, click on CONFIG in the bottom center, and wait through the loading screen.
In the bottom left corner, you can doubleclick on the weapon, magazine and ammo to navigate to them and look at their config properties.

Starting on the ammo, indirectHitRange is the radius of your explosion, with damage dropping off from indirectHit at the epicenter to zero at the edge (and obviously zero outside the radius). ACE fragmentation is required for realistic high radius, semi-dangerous effects like 100+ meters on artillery fragments.

On submunition config you don't need to understand all the details. You will either see a single penetrator created at 1000 m/s, or 30 chunks of steel in a cone starting at 200 m/s as a sub-sub-munition on the penetrator. This is essentially required to achieve decently catastrophic effects on some RHS tanks, but other mods are not going this route because there is a less resource intensive way of doing it.

caliber is not the diameter of the projectile model (for anything but visuals, your projectile does not have a size at all), but is penetration capability. Enter this, impact velocity and a value for the strength of the material into a formula to get millimeters. More is better, same is same unless your velocity is also different. Higher velocity with the same caliber means deeper penetration. This is NOT body armor penetration - body armor doesn't exist in the physics simulation. This is only for object penetration, like punching through walls or destroying vehicles.

hit is the amount of damage if you impact at typicalSpeed. Higher impact velocity than typicalSpeed is more damage, lower is less. Same hit at different typicalSpeed is not the same.

indirectHit, hit and armor on body armor use the same unit of measurement. An unarmored torso can withstand 1 damage, big RHS plate carriers increase that by ~30, vanilla plate carriers by 20-25, soft kevlar vests are ~10. Causing 50% damage to the torso is slightly less than 50% change of a kill, 40% damage is around 20% chance of a kill, 90% damage is >95% chance.

On the magazine, initSpeed is the base value for muzzle velocity. You can and will find the same ammo class in different magazines with different initSpeed values. The weapon then has an initSpeed property of its own, which is either positive, negative or zero. Positive values are used as an override, ignoring the magazine, which creates some of the more powerful combinations for the minmaxer to find. Negative values are made positive and used as multipliers on the magazine's value. Zero causes no calculations to happen at all, not even velocity increases from muzzle devices, and the magazine property is used directly.

How quickly that velocity gets reduced from drag is determined by airFriction on the ammo. As the name implies, more is worse. In contrast to that, real life (or ACE Advanced Ballistics) BCs are "how good is my bullet compared to this standard bullet", so more is better. Both ingame and in real life low airfriction usually comes at the cost of muzzle velocity, and you tend to not catch up in time of flight (and same ToF = same bullet drop, because gravity is a constant acceleration), though you do get improved impact velocities at the far end of your effective range. You can use the ACE rangecard to see how much actual drop you have at a certain distance.

In basic ballistics, precision is directly tied to the firemode's dispersion stat, which is configured in radians and shown in the ACE Arsenal as milliradians and minutes of angle. One MoA is 2.91 cm dispersion diameter at 100 meters, 5.82 cm at 200 meters, and so on - meaning less is better and AKs fucking suck. With ACE Advanced Ballistics enabled, there is some additional effect based on rifling twist.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:13 AM, SnakeDocc said:

If you use ace, the ace arsenal show you most of the relevant stats for different ammo types

Those are mostly for AB, and the muzzle velocity can get a bit janky at least for basic ballistics - I think on the gun it is taking the loaded mag into account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow Blutze, huge thanks!

To be honest i asked the above question over here just to making sure rhs has different ammo value on it's own(without any mod) before going on ACE3 thread and ask about if ace take consideration on rhs ammo variants or not(i went to asked on ace thread anyway before getting this answer) . Now you answer both:D. I'll check all those things you mentioned in the tomorrow morning. 

Oh about that scar sound issue, i can't find the culprit, couldn't still reproduce it properly:(. Me and friends are currently playing with jsrs, going really well.

Edited by Bukain
Scar sound

Unless you are mixing vanilla guns and magazines with RHS stuff, the only thing ACE changes about basic ballistics is an additional 70 m/s on the MP7 hollowpoint mag. And that change hasn't even been released yet.

Advanced Ballistics only changes where your bullet impacts and at what velocity. For terminal ballistics the game still takes that impact velocity and does all the calculations with hit, typicalSpeed and caliber.

14 hours ago, Blutze said:

or 30 chunks of steel in a cone starting at 200 m/s as a sub-sub-munition on the penetrator. This is essentially required to achieve decently catastrophic effects on some RHS tanks, but other mods are not going this route because there is a less resource intensive way of doing it.

Just to correct this thing - spaling is more for crew wounding rather than achieving catastrophic effects to tanks per se (although you may argue that lack of crew in tank is kind of catastrophic 😛 ) and so far I haven't seen any non scripted way to achieve it beside submunition. Proper spaling simulation inside of vehicle requires also quite precise fire geometry (without geo fillers inside) and it's not so common practice to model such things.

Its mostly about the downstairs (aka behind the main plate) position of the carousel on T72s and T90s. Non-RHS penetrators have, almost universally, about twice as much hit than RHS classes of comparable power level, giving them a much higher radius on the... lets call them shockwaves. The intent being to send a round horizontally through the turret, and the shockwaves clipping the ammo. But either because of some damage resistance config, or because of air gaps in the model, I can send a non-RHS 120mm APFSDS round through the tracks sideways, and if I'm just a few centimeters off towards the engine the autoloader isn't even getting scratched. In both of those cases, I need RHS spalling to essentially shoot around the corner.

I've tinkered with slapping spalling on the penetrator base class, which kinda (at least in SP) works for shaped charges. But if I do that for the vanilla APFSDS base class, your tank rounds cause massive FPS drops when fired because they have some submunition config themselves that I dont see a reason for, which doesn't overwrite all properties needed for spalling on normal classes.

A different approach could be to put hitpoints for some currently loaded/handled rounds into the turret.

48 minutes ago, Blutze said:

But if I do that for the vanilla APFSDS base class, your tank rounds cause massive FPS drops when fired because they have some submunition config themselves that I dont see a reason for, which doesn't overwrite all properties needed for spalling on normal classes.

RHS rounds have sort of 2 stages - unlike missiles, triggerOnImpact  on shotShell/Bullet is actually triggered on first impact. Missiles on the other hand can go through small objects (leaves/windows/bushes - it's controlled by caliber param) and then, when proper collision is detected, they are exploding). Due to that fact, there is rhs_ammo_ap_penetrator for RHS APFSDS rounds which triggers spalling after timer is reached. Not sure where did you put submunition config but what you are describing sounds like submunition spawning new submunition and if I would have guess, it's probably triggerTime being placed in base of APFSDS class.

1 hour ago, Blutze said:

lets call them shockwaves

It's indirectHit basically which doesn't care if there was penetration or not. In past hitting M1A1 optics (aka dog house) could trigger ammo explosion if hit value of ammo was high enough. Same was on T tanks - hitting front hull plate without penetration could trigger carousel damage. This behavior was mainly fixed by introduction of armorComponents so damage is no longer leaking through armor.

With shockwaves, I don't mean indirectHit. This stuff, which on CAMan feels like hydrostatic shock - shoot someone in the leg with .50, and his head takes damage. Or shoot him in the torso through a +30 platecarrier, and ACE puts the wound (plus limb break) on his arm because the direct damage on torso is a lower percentage than the shockwave damage on the arm, and the percentages (as opposed to the absolutes) are the only thing we have access to. The same should be able to happen on vehicles: go through one component, do minor (but potentially enough) damage to a neighboring component.

2 minutes ago, Blutze said:

With shockwaves, I don't mean indirectHit. This stuff, which on CAMan feels like hydrostatic shock - shoot someone in the leg with .50, and his head takes damage. Or shoot him in the torso through a +30 platecarrier, and ACE puts the wound (plus limb break) on his arm because the direct damage on torso is a lower percentage than the shockwave damage on the arm, and the percentages (as opposed to the absolutes) are the only thing we have access to. The same should be able to happen on vehicles: go through one component, do minor (but potentially enough) damage to a neighboring component.

What I meant it's working like indirectHit and it's basically damage leak thing. You have basically no control how it behaves and only armorComponents can prevent from damage leaking through such shots

Is 57-N-231(89) suppose to be the improved steel cored regular Russian PS bullet which started manufacturing around 1989, or is it suppose to be the 7N23 armour piercing variant which developed around the same time?

I haven't been able to play Arma for the last two weeks until last night, so I'm guessing I'm at least one, if not two, Dev updates "newer" than what I was playing before.  Given that, this is a question to see if it's something new before I make a ticket...

I'm finding that the RHS M249 isn't accepting the 200 round box mags EXCEPT for the one initially loaded on the gun at mission start.  I've triple-checked the ammo names in the mission and they're all the same (vest and back pack), but they won't show up as "usable" in-game (but they are still loaded in the player's inventory).  I switched out ammo the 100 round nut-sacks and they work fine.  Anyone else seeing this issue or is it known already?  I didn't have time to check "factory" RHS units to see if they had the same issue.