13 minutes ago, General Yudenich said:

It's certainly very cool, but... What for? We already have these vehicles in the original ARMA 3... Wouldn't it be better not to waste your time on what is already in the game, and focus on the new content?

The M-ATV is one of the most requested vehicles we've ever had. One man's waste of time is another man's hobby, and besides this is entirely new content in as far as what is in the game is NOT an M-ATV.

• Like 21

When will we have certain Humvee model with shields around the gunner hole? I don't know the exact model number but you know what i mean right? Those Humvees with all sorto shields and metal attach right around the gunner's gun hole lay. I'm referring to the one we have on RHS's mraps gunner holes. I know we can have those by installing certain mods, but we all love quality RHS and love to have rhs quality Humvee hehe:) i also love to have humvee with CROWS too. Becuz as i have looking at the images of current conflict zones, i rarely see humvee without those shields or CROWS attached. Thank you very much.

Oh i would love to have Army Ranger units too, with their squad and team (like motor team). I think rhs already have some of what rangers are using, like scar, this particular m4 and g3 uniform. And yes they also wear mbav (eagle) , but sadly only in the past, right? So we just need certain Cyre products, AVS and lv-mbav, then we get Rangers! Plus marsoc dudes wear those too!

Btw this new plate carrier that bundled with contact expansion abit looks like AVS in it's plate carrier form , but not much though:(  I want that thing in multicamo 🙂 but i think retexture artists will do that.

And i think i already talked about rpk here, so that's it. Thank you very much rhs team:)

I heard Jester's Super Tucano is coming on the way to Horizon Island Defense Force! I'm very happy!!!!!!!!!!! Thx both rhs and jester for cooperation!  I have been wanting propeller light attack aircraft in HIDF for so long. I even requested in addon request thread to slap up some munitions on this Caesar thing of HIDF. Now seem like it's even better, the Super Tucano!!! Do you guys also consider putting the A-29 under USAF too? 

5 hours ago, Bukain said:

Do you guys also consider putting the A-29 under USAF too?

It was discussed within RHS right at the start when Jester introduced the project to the mod and we decided no, because there appears to be little actual movement towards the US using A-29 as part of their own operational capabilities in the near future.

Most US testing and purchasing of A-29s have been on the behalf of the Afghan Air Force, and more recently a handful for prolonged testing of the Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance concept. The LAAR program to date, seems to be just kicking the A-29B and AT-6B around in the grass to develop requirements for another competition that may or may not materialise at some indefinite time in the future. The US hasn't fully established if they want a manned or unmanned aircraft for such a role yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, General Yudenich said:

It's certainly very cool, but... What for? We already have these vehicles in the original ARMA 3... Wouldn't it be better not to waste your time on what is already in the game, and focus on the new content?

Wouldn't it be better not to concern yourself with what other people are wasting their spare time on? I'd think that would be the sensible thing to do...but hold on, this is the internet, where people actually think their own opinions matter the most, especially for stuff they receive for free...

4 hours ago, Bukain said:

When will we have certain Humvee model with shields around the gunner hole? I don't know the exact model number but you know what i mean right? Those Humvees with all sorto shields and metal attach right around the gunner's gun hole lay. I'm referring to the one we have on RHS's mraps gunner holes. I know we can have those by installing certain mods, but we all love quality RHS and love to have rhs quality Humvee hehe:) i also love to have humvee with CROWS too. Becuz as i have looking at the images of current conflict zones, i rarely see humvee without those shields or CROWS attached. Thank you very much.

Oh i would love to have Army Ranger units too, with their squad and team (like motor team). I think rhs already have some of what rangers are using, like scar, this particular m4 and g3 uniform. And yes they also wear mbav (eagle) , but sadly only in the past, right? So we just need certain Cyre products, AVS and lv-mbav, then we get Rangers! Plus marsoc dudes wear those too!

Btw this new plate carrier that bundled with contact expansion abit looks like AVS in it's plate carrier form , but not much though:(  I want that thing in multicamo 🙂 but i think retexture artists will do that.

And i think i already talked about rpk here, so that's it. Thank you very much rhs team:)

You must be new here...have a read - http://www.rhsmods.org/faq

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

It was discussed within RHS it right at the start when Jester introduced the project to the mod and we decided no, because there appears to be little actual movement towards the US using A-29 as part of their own operational capabilities in the near future.

Most US testing and purchasing of A-29s have been on the behalf of the Afghan Air Force, and more recently a handful for prolonged testing of the Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance concept. The LAAR program to date, seems to be just kicking the A-29B and AT-6B around in the grass to develop requirements for another competition that may or may not materialise at some indefinite time in the future. The US hasn't fully established if they want a manned or unmanned aircraft for such a role yet.

Yes yes, i see. And they also start to swap the A-10 wings, so the LAAR would unlikely to be contribute in USAF. Anyway thx for the reply

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

Wouldn't it be better not to concern yourself with what other people are wasting their spare time on? I'd think that would be the sensible thing to do...but hold on, this is the internet, where people actually think their own opinions matter the most, especially for stuff they receive for free...

You must be new here...have a read - http://www.rhsmods.org/faq

Oops sorry xD

8 hours ago, Bukain said:

If I had a dollar for this question.. but I'll restate the answer because perhaps we haven't addressed it recently. The current HMMWV in game cannot support the up armored turrets full stop. Also, the up-armor package is much more than the turret, it encompasses changes to the entire vehicle, including suspension, chassis, the body, interior, etc. The up-armored series began officially with the M1114 (and other earlier kits), but you don't see those anymore. The in service armored HMMWVs are the M1151 / M1152 / M1165 (and others). Those are basically an entirely new model, almost nothing can be re-used. So, it is not as simple as just putting on the armored turrets. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

It was discussed within RHS right at the start when Jester introduced the project to the mod and we decided no, because there appears to be little actual movement towards the US using A-29 as part of their own operational capabilities in the near future.

I completely understand you guys not wanting to have to retexture with everything else you have going on, but for what it's worth, the above isn't  completely accurate.  The USAF has its own programs, along with the ANA aircraft, but IF was a separate program.  Admittedly, not still on-going, which further validates your reasoning I'm sad to say. 

If there was a retexture, one done in U.S. Navy livery would be correct.  I think I might even still have the BUNOs from when I was very fortunate to get a peak behind the curtain as the program was starting back in 2007.

ETA:  Completely forgot to thank RHS for adding the Super-T and picking up the project so it could be continued.  It's great to have it in-game, regardless of livery.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, gatordev said:

I completely understand you guys not wanting to have to retexture with everything else you have going on, but for what it's worth, the above isn't  completely accurate.  The USAF has its own programs, along with the ANA aircraft, but IF was a separate program.  Admittedly, not still on-going, which further validates your reasoning I'm sad to say. 

If there was a retexture, one done in U.S. Navy livery would be correct.  I think I might even still have the BUNOs from when I was very fortunate to get a peak behind the curtain as the program was starting back in 2007.

ETA:  Completely forgot to thank RHS for adding the Super-T and picking up the project so it could be continued.  It's great to have it in-game, regardless of livery.

We never said that there will be or won’t be a usaf livery (down the line)

The reasons for this particular inquiry  were simple and logistics oriented - should we stick the p3d in gref directly or in usaf and have gref versions dependent on usaf? we choose to get it directly in GREF, for the reasons stated above

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Richards.D said:

If I had a dollar for this question.. but I'll restate the answer because perhaps we haven't addressed it recently. The current HMMWV in game cannot support the up armored turrets full stop. Also, the up-armor package is much more than the turret, it encompasses changes to the entire vehicle, including suspension, chassis, the body, interior, etc. The up-armored series began officially with the M1114 (and other earlier kits), but you don't see those anymore. The in service armored HMMWVs are the M1151 / M1152 / M1165 (and others). Those are basically an entirely new model, almost nothing can be re-used. So, it is not as simple as just putting on the armored turrets. 

Thx for clarifying things up for me. I know these Humvee has their respective designation but couldn't remember them. 

My full appreciations for rhs teams for always trying to make in-game military machine as realistic/accurate as possible for us, the players to play with. 

6 hours ago, PuFu said:

We never said that there will be or won’t be a usaf livery (down the line)

The reasons for this particular inquiry  were simple and logistics oriented - should we stick the p3d in gref directly or in usaf and have gref versions dependent on usaf? we choose to get it directly in GREF, for the reasons stated above

Makes complete sense, thanks for clarifying.  Again, thanks for picking up the mod and adding it, regardless of livery.

I can see the USAF Tucano being a GREF-dependent addition, sort of like BRDMs for the Russians. This isn't anything new to RHS.

• Like 2

I make custom units anyway, I just pair USAF pilots with the empty Super Tucano's and call it a day. Horizon Defense Force is in GREF, but they're BLUFOR anyway. Shouldn't stress too much about what unit it falls under.

I'm just thankful to have such a nice little COIN CAS plane.

• Like 1

Is the tac reload fixed in the dev branch? Also noticed a bug that when saf is loaded all m70 ak's use a reload sound that doesn't fit the animation. Additionally the screen gets very dark when turning in and out of the M1117 ASV.

Edited by Greensnack
d

For the foreseeable future the Super Tucano is a GREF-appropriate airplane. It wouldn't make sense to put something used 99% of the time by non-U.S. nations under U.S. in RHS.

As much as I (both an American and a big fan of light attack planes) would love to be able to say otherwise, that is the reality right now. The USAF has been talking about and not buying light attack for well over a decade. I won't believe they're serious about it until there are actually numbered squadrons flying one.

A limited (<50) number of aircraft may be bought in the next few years by AFSOC and used in a purely advisor-trainer role, but that is the limit of what we can reasonably believe right now.

I today noticed a new sight that is looking WIP on the dev branch. I justed wanted to thank you guys for continueing to add new optics. I personally can never have enough to choose from, and i'm also a huge fun of Soviet/Russian sights !!! Keep up the good work.

7 hours ago, nillie said:

I today noticed a new sight that is looking WIP

What is the name of new sight?

7 hours ago, Sanya said:

Probably this one
fMXKSLm.png

On 9/28/2019 at 8:44 AM, Dallas Medina said:

M-ATV is looking good. Any new pictures of the WIP T-64?

20 hours ago, General Yudenich said:

yes i am personally wait for T-64 too. Do you still streaming work on it??

when there is something to post, it usually happens here as well as on our social media channels. 

7 hours ago, Sanya said:

OKP7

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2019 at 12:14 AM, NAS_Juno said:

I make custom units anyway, I just pair USAF pilots with the empty Super Tucano's and call it a day. Horizon Defense Force is in GREF, but they're BLUFOR anyway. Shouldn't stress too much about what unit it falls under.

I'm just thankful to have such a nice little COIN CAS plane.

Same here 😄