Hey guys, was just playing your mod on a server and got this while trying to blow up a tank:

Hardkill triggered (UNLIMITED TEST MODE)

What does it mean and how to get rid of it? it actually stopped me from blowing up the tank ruining the mission.

Thanks

9 hours ago, darkxess said:

Hey guys, was just playing your mod on a server and got this while trying to blow up a tank:

Hardkill triggered (UNLIMITED TEST MODE)

What does it mean and how to get rid of it? it actually stopped me from blowing up the tank ruining the mission.

Thanks

T-14 is work in progress assets and it contains some systems in Proof of Concept state. There is no way to turn off that test mode and only thing you can do is wait till that feature is done. As mentioned in 0.4.9 release post, we aim to release more frequent updates and no longer hold release with i.e. some important fixes to already existing assets due to some WIP stuff since in fact, there will be always something in some sort of unfinished state. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, reyhard said:

T-14 is work in progress assets and it contains some systems in Proof of Concept state. There is no way to turn off that test mode and only thing you can do is wait till that feature is done. As mentioned in 0.4.9 release post, we aim to release more frequent updates and no longer hold release with i.e. some important fixes to already existing assets due to some WIP stuff since in fact, there will be always something in some sort of unfinished state. 

Ahh okay, fully understandable, totally missed that part in the release notes, thanks 🙂

I had reskinned the ACU uniform prior to the latest patch without any prior knowledge of its status regarding modification - extremely disappointed to find out on booting the game with the new version of RHS that my skins no longer work and were actually never sanctioned in the first place (despite having the hidden selections available for so long...). There has got to be an alternative to including content in RHS that is not open to 3rd party modification? it appears that with everything, over all 4 packs, the only content we are not allowed to edit for some reason are the 3 amazingly rendered ABU, ACU, and BDU uniforms. We're free to alter incredibly high quality community made vehicles, weapons, helmets, vests, and etc, but not these three uniforms? This is particularly out of place given that the ACU and BDU are among the most common uniforms used by nation's world wide, even in the year 2019. ACU cut uniforms are even commonly used by Russian military & law enforcement organizations in a number of camouflage schemes, and a staggering number of nation's SWAT, SOF teams, or regular grunts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, germanaagun said:

I had reskinned the ACU uniform prior to the latest patch without any prior knowledge of its status regarding modification - extremely disappointed to find out on booting the game with the new version of RHS that my skins no longer work and were actually never sanctioned in the first place (despite having the hidden selections available for so long...). There has got to be an alternative to including content in RHS that is not open to 3rd party modification? it appears that with everything, over all 4 packs, the only content we are not allowed to edit for some reason are the 3 amazingly rendered ABU, ACU, and BDU uniforms. We're free to alter incredibly high quality community made vehicles, weapons, helmets, vests, and etc, but not these three uniforms? This is particularly out of place given that the ACU and BDU are among the most common uniforms used by nation's world wide, even in the year 2019. ACU cut uniforms are even commonly used by Russian military & law enforcement organizations in a number of camouflage schemes, and a staggering number of nation's SWAT, SOF teams, or regular grunts.

I also find it annoying not to be able to reskin these amazing looking uniforms, but (as I understand it) no re-skins was a condition from the model makers when they allowed their models to be used in the RHS mod. I would much rather have these uniforms available in game than not, so I appreciate the authors' willingness to make and share them, even in this limited way. 

This topic comes up pretty regularly, and as usual I think it's best to simply be grateful for all that we do have available to reskin ("incredibly high quality community made vehicles, weapons, helmets, vests, and etc") and leave it at that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SterlingC said:

I think it's best to simply be grateful for all that we do have available to reskin ("incredibly high quality community made vehicles, weapons, helmets, vests, and etc") and leave it at that.

Good reply mate. Yes, it's a shame. You're right - @soul_assassintold me many years ago this was a condition placed upon RHS by the original author. For me, that uniform is one of the jewels in RHS, it's such a nice piece of work. I'm thankful we have it.

3 hours ago, germanaagun said:

I had reskinned the ACU uniform prior to the latest patch without any prior knowledge of its status regarding modification - extremely disappointed to find out on booting the game with the new version of RHS that my skins no longer work and were actually never sanctioned in the first place (despite having the hidden selections available for so long...).

We are very sorry to hear about the fact that we've disappointed you this way. /s

Hidden Selections is a feature that allows us to have multiple textures on the same model file without duplicating everything, it isn't in fact a feature aimed for 3rd party retextures to begin with.

There has got to be an alternative to including content in RHS that is not open to 3rd party modification? it appears that with everything, over all 4 packs, the only content we are not allowed to edit for some reason are the 3 amazingly rendered ABU, ACU, and BDU uniforms. We're free to alter incredibly high quality community made vehicles, weapons, helmets, vests, and etc, but not these three uniforms?

You might want to read our EULA once again - http://www.rhsmods.org/page/EULA#re-textures - Retextures are actually not allowed (we use a non derivative license) , we can choose to tolerate it (or not). There is a very important distinction to be made here.

This is particularly out of place given that the ACU and BDU are among the most common uniforms used by nation's world wide, even in the year 2019. 

What would actually be out of place would be to disregard any of our individual developers desires in relation to the content they produce and release for you for free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This hits me with the big sad since the uniform had been in for over a year before this change was made. I wish they would reconsider this choice but ultimately this is their decision 

Can you open/close the doors of vehicles via script?

In my case the M1238.

Mostly just curious, is there a certain motivation for restricting the public from modifying (retexturing in particular) your models? The ARMA modding community seems to be.. the most particular about this kind of thing, and it's something I've personally never understood, as most modding communities thrive on building upon each other's works, and discouraging that seems at best counter-intuitive, and petty at worst.

I understand re-releasing your work without permission or at the very least the proper credits could be a problem, (as inevitable as it apparently is as I've found my personal work in random packs, which honestly, i'm just flattered) but it's a simple feat to release textures that still require the base mod as dependencies and are therefore not even stand-alone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoWZRD said:

is there a certain motivation for restricting the public from modifying (retexturing in particular) your models?

It's a decision made by whoever made the model. Not a team decision. So motivations vary on a case by case basis. The team merely respects decisions made by our artists, and we expect our users to give it equal respect.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

It's a decision made by whoever made the model. Not a team decision. So motivations vary on a case by case basis. The team merely respects decisions made by our artists, and we expect our users to give it equal respect.

Sure, then I guess the (rhetorical) rhetoric is directed to the artist, not the team. Didn't mean to put the team on the defensive, my apologies. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, germanaagun said:

This hits me with the big sad since the uniform had been in for over a year before this change was made. 

There was actually no change in terms of our license and/or the fact that we have never allowed the ACU/ABU and BDU to be re-textured from its very first release.

It seems you simply ignored the license altogether for the past year or so.

5 hours ago, NikoWZRD said:

Mostly just curious, is there a certain motivation for restricting the public from modifying (retexturing in particular) your models?

You seem to disregard the fact that out of all the RHS content, the ones that we (or in fact the original author(s) ) doesn't tolerate re-textures is under 1% out of all the custom content provided, so it is an exception rather than the rule.

The ARMA modding community seems to be.. the most particular about this kind of thing, and it's something I've personally never understood, as most modding communities thrive on building upon each other's works, and discouraging that seems at best counter-intuitive, and petty at worst.

I am not gonna comment on other people's motivations here, nor generalize things like you just did, but...I can tell you though that arma modding community has been plagued (maybe more than others) by theft, commercial and monetization issues and cases of blatant disregard and ignoring other people's licenses and limitation that (might) come with a mod release. There might be a connection here.

On the other hand, as an example, the gorka's cut i did only comes in 2 variants of color iRL, no camo variants whatsoever, and it is the same in the mod. Sure, someone did retextures and added camo variants on it as a separate addon dependent on AFRF immediate after.

I personally don't mind it whatsoever, even though it is 100% wrong, but someone else might consider that to be an abomination. The easiest way to stop these sort of "abominations" is to limit/deny 3rd party modifications.

That being said, we are getting really offtopic here, this has nothing to do with RHS anymore, there will be no changes on this matter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

The problem of stolen assets, illegally ported assets, unpermitted alteration, etc is one of the reasons the photography thread prohibits "private" mods. In many cases, those "Private" mods were based on illegally ripped assets from other games (old GEARSOC, VSM's last update before Jarrad saved it as MLO, to name to more public examples)

It's also why much of the milsim and content creation A3 community despises the Life community; too many of them rely on not just legally purchased assets from 3D shops (which are usually fine), but just straight taking stuff from other games, not even mentioning the amount of repacking of other mods' assets into their own PBOs in violation of our terms. CUP had one incident dealing with this kind of nonsense in 2017 that has become an inside meme. #350

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This is so unfortunate, I can only hope they will have a change of heart in the future regarding their content! Perhaps they could include woodland and 3 color desert variants of the ACU uniform, as well as GREF variants in the future?

@germanaagun That's entirely on them. I wouldn't count on the ACU, but maybe Deltahawk's donated BDU model that is being used for the ABU and ERDL. But that's RHS' decisions I'm not privy to, and it would be irresponsible to speculate.

If you want a solution now, CUP's dev branch just dropped an a-bomb of BDU variants, or there's of course DHI Uniforms and Gear

• Like 1

I love how t-14 is currently immortal. 

The Russians inside the tank would welcome you with a pop of flash and the tag up the left side of your screen, and that's it, your missile just gone. Believe it or not, it did hardkilled sortes of firewill marverick lol 

Luckily it won't hardkill the paveway though

Thx for the work done guys! I know the fact it's a wip feature, it's existing for now anyway. Love the new hand grenades and explosive too!

But still wishing for some sorto rpk (I'd take rpk74m for this near perfected Russian ground troops)

6 minutes ago, Bukain said:

I love how t-14 is currently immortal. 

The Russians inside the tank would welcome you with a pop of flash and the tag up the left side of your screen, and that's it, your missile just gone. Believe it or not, it did hardkilled sortes of firewill marverick lol 

Luckily it won't hardkill the paveway though

Thx for the work done guys! I know the fact it's a wip feature, it's existing for now anyway. Love the new hand grenades and explosive too!

But still wishing for some sorto rpk (I'd take rpk74m for this near perfected Russian ground troops)

The T-14 is still very much WIP, and an RPK is in the works.

• Like 1

I guess this is a request; so prepare your faq links, forum dwellers. Will there be an M-88  compatible version of the chicom chest rig? I am really enjoying all the new ww2 grenades and other stuff. 

9 hours ago, Greensnack said:

I guess this is a request; so prepare your faq links, forum dwellers. Will there be an M-88  compatible version of the chicom chest rig? I am really enjoying all the new ww2 grenades and other stuff. 

Perhaps at some point

Correct me if i'm wrong. 

Is bradley undestructable with RPG or any other launcher that hit the sides of Bradley's ammo? I tried all variants and hitting it side armor plate does nothing. I know realism is your point, but even such armor plate with no distance (at some height) from the basics Alluminium armor makes no problem for PG7VL, at least it should not make the problem. 

I have played campaign "Red Hammer" (i had moment of nostalgia to play OFP campaigns and started from this one 😉 ) and with mission "Alamo" (guarding montignac from US tanks and IFV's i had very big difficulties in killing tanks... lets just get it straight - abrams and bradley's;
-  I have hitted the side armor of abrams at 0 degree from 70 meters with PG7VL at driver place - tank have moved away (i believe i hitted fuel tanks or smth)
- I hitted him on the side hull at 0 degree from same distance with PG7VR between engine and compartment bay - nothing happens.
- I have succesfully destroyed him by detonating ammo compartment at turret as this was the only way of destroying it. 

Then Bradleys turn - situation when i was out of RPG rockets.....
- Hitting engine - succesfully immobilize
- hitting turret's front to dispose it....
- now hitting all armor places from the side - turret, hull (even areas not covered with additional armor plates) and i was out of rockets while bradley was still standing and more was to come. So it have survived 20 x PG7V rockets ALL AROUND THE SIDE from 0 degree, 4 x PG7VR rockets.

After i tought i was using some other mod i have restarted game, checked mods and was shocked. I didnt used any other mod ( i didnt launched game for veeery long) and i recorded shorter video and included single player cheat menu so i could fire bradley from few meters just to be sure i'm hitting correctly.
Here are the effects:

RPG warheads will penetrate it all day long, but the odds of you hitting the ammunition feed are not very high because it's a small chute in the middle of the turret-ring. And even if you do, it's only a 25mm gun: the vehicle's not going to explode in a huge fireball from a 25mm round detonating.

• Like 2