7 hours ago, easyeb said:

Love the new update, especially the new M1238 and M1239. The deployment versions look absolutely killer and I’d love to see that kind of stuff on more vehicles sith cargo and bits and bobs added! 

Is it possible to have the ammo cans on the roof show on the versions that don’t have it? The empty racks look like it’s low on ammo.

anyway, great update. Can’t thank you guys enough.

Sure, can throw that in

Edit- done, will be in next release

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Few months ago I ve noticed the lack of idle and acceleration engine sounds in MKV SOC boat, I ve made entry in bug tracker but nothing came of it.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=4967

Is this known global issue or is something not right on my end? Tested without any other mods.

Regards.

13 hours ago, Richards.D said:

Sure, can throw that in

Edit- done, will be in next release

Thanks! I look forward to it!

Edit: Also noticed that the spare wheel hanging on the vehicles right side is not visible from inside (gunners position). The attachment hardware is there, but the wheel itself is not.

8 hours ago, easyeb said:

Thanks! I look forward to it!

Edit: Also noticed that the spare wheel hanging on the vehicles right side is not visible from inside (gunners position). The attachment hardware is there, but the wheel itself is not.

Is this on the M1239 or M1238A1?

I'm not seeing this in the changelog or in the forum, but all of the NAPA IFV's have vanished, such as the BMP-1. Is this is a mistake?

20 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

I'm not seeing this in the changelog or in the forum, but all of the NAPA IFV's have vanished, such as the BMP-1. Is this is a mistake?

NAPA/Nationalists never had any armoured vehicles apart from the BTR-70s in GREF. Only INS/CHDkZ and CDF had BMPs, BMDs etc.

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

NAPA/Nationalists never had any armoured vehicles apart from the BTR-70s in GREF. Only INS/CHDkZ and CDF had BMPs, BMDs etc.

True (I got my faction wrong), but the class name was "rhs_bmd1_chdkz" and that no longer exists. I justed updated it to "rhsgref_ins_g_bmd1" in the mission.sqm. I guess other class names have changed as well.

49 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

"rhs_bmd1_chdkz"

Those classes are in the old obsolete rhs_c_cti.pbo which was in AFRF with the first few RHS releases.

All the classes from that addon were put in private scope and replaced by GREF more than three years ago...

2 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Those classes are in the old obsolete rhs_c_cti.pbo which was in AFRF with the first few RHS releases.

All the classes from that addon were put in private scope and replaced by GREF more than three years ago...

Yeah Shadow Fall was started before GREF existed, although the class was still loading until this update / had no idea it was in the obsolete category. Was the only instance of it in the entire campaign. Thanks for clearing this up for my brain.

Back to Arma after a long hiatus, can't but say being impressed by the continual additions to RHS. However, I wish to inquire about any progress to the AH64? Does the IHADSS serve any purpose beside night vision and target identification (not acquisition) now?

Few issues i found (and obviously cant report it)
- BMP -1 with 3 crewmans inside (commander, gunner, driver) have AKM on its side that is showing up outside vehicle when its turning around - repro:
Crew the bmp, order to rotate left or right - akm should appear on the left track.
- All Russian attack helicopters cant hit anything and missing every unguided rocket. Even whole squadron of Mi-24, Mi-28, Ka-52 will use Guided rocket very rarely (against armor), they rather use unguided rockets and miss the targets mostly for 200M. 

^^
The second issue is pretty annoying, but new sounds, including T-72 family engine sounds rock. However what settings in Windows are you recommend? I had strange sound just like alien trying to connect with radio ONLY ONCE when i started T-72 engine. Cant this bee issue of wrong format audio (i use 24bits, 48000 Hz)?

On 8/20/2019 at 1:32 AM, pulstar said:

Does the IHADSS serve any purpose beside night vision and target identification (not acquisition) now?

HMD can be used for i.e. accurate rocket (cannon too I believe) fire with CCIP

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

HMD can be used for i.e. accurate rocket (cannon too I believe) fire with CCIP

So I can slave cannon with TrackIR or is that still a pipe dream?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pulstar said:

So I can slave cannon with TrackIR or is that still a pipe dream?

Are still talking about Arma 3?? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

When I fly the AH-64 and put AIM-9X AA missiles on it, I can't seem to lock on to a target unless I am really close to it.  AIM-9x missiles are supposed to have a range of 8km.   I've experienced this on several Exile servers, haven't tried it out in the editor without Exile, but I would presume its the same. Has anyone had success in shooting the AA's, if you so how do you do it?  I press T and R and get no lock on tone until i am really really close. 

8 hours ago, SMACKDATAS said:

haven't tried it out in the editor without Exile, but I would presume its the same

Never presume that Exile doesn't break something. Exile is breaking soooo much stuff just because they feel like it. It's so annoying. Test without it.

• Haha 1

Its that mod, works perfectly fine up to 7.9km when I just tested it with just RHS.

• Like 1

I meet second time issue with T-72 sound (WARNING! EARRAPE):

• Haha 1

Yeah I had this weird sound effect too then my game crashed to desktop.

I was using JSRS at the time though, thought it might be sound mod conflict...

• Like 1

Is the invisible res lod on the BMP 3 (Early) known?

Affected classname: rhs_bmp3_msv

On 8/22/2019 at 10:29 PM, DeathMetalNinja said:

Yeah I had this weird sound effect too then my game crashed to desktop.

I was using JSRS at the time though, thought it might be sound mod conflict...

Actually i wasnt using any other mod than those required for Campaign "Red Hammer" (CUP Terrains)

EDIT: My game also has crashed after this bug.

some Stryker work in progress footage with another batch of improvements for Vehicle Commander seat

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, nice. I hope we'll see more interiors like this, in time. The map display is especially nifty, though I haven't played much with it yet.