19 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

Hi. New upcoming DLC will contain russian radio protocols. Are you planing to use them? These may contain more details that are missing in protocols from Arma 2. Not to mention Polish protocols will be also available. I'm asking beacuse your mod is "must have" for this game, and i have installed game again after long time to see if there is something new/fixed in updates, and if RHS would use new radio protocols i would buy this DLC. 

I'm sure they will transition to the new Russian radio voices. I saw the trailer, the little bit we heard sounded great. It's way better than the outdated and robotic Arma 2 port.

(Even if they don't change the configs so RHS units utilize the new radio voices, you can change each unit in the editor to use them)

• Like 2

On 6/19/2019 at 12:10 AM, bludski said:

Some screens from il-padrino

#RHSKATYA

Where do you get those green t-14?

• Like 1

I have also played tanks, and must say vanilla tanks sound and look great, specially - sound. RHS T-72, T-90 engine sounds are very loud in this game, specially bass - i can hardly stand it - i tried it on creative speakres, edifier speakers, headphones and 2 pc's. Is that intented? Vanille engine on T-100 is much.... more natural. When i play T-72, even my neighbour knows that 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the hardkill make it hard to kill a T-14 with guided/unguided projectiles so if you want to kill a T-14 shot it with 120mm+ APFSDFS or heat thats all you can do or place a big fkn AT mine if you can predict its path

17 hours ago, cpt.ghost said:

the hardkill make it hard to kill a T-14 with guided/unguided projectiles so if you want to kill a T-14 shot it with 120mm+ APFSDFS or heat thats all you can do or place a big fkn AT mine if you can predict its path

That's the whole point of the T-14. It's Russia's answer to the modern battlefield. A tank with unrivaled protection and armor. The latest and greatest.

However, IRL the T-14 will have a limited amount of APS hardkill projectiles that will need to be reloaded during a lull in combat, and I'm sure in the mod as well. They have a debug mode enabled (with unlimited APS hardkill munitions) so we can test it. Currently, the T-14 APS destroys it's own ATGMs fired by the tank, which is a bug I'm sure they're working on.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

That's the whole point of the T-14. It's Russia's answer to the modern battlefield. A tank with unrivaled protection and armor. The latest and greatest.

However, IRL the T-14 will have a limited amount of APS hardkill projectiles that will need to be reloaded during a lull in combat, and I'm sure in the mod as well. They have a debug mode enabled (with unlimited APS hardkill munitions) so we can test it. Currently, the T-14 APS destroys it's own ATGMs fired by the tank, which is a bug I'm sure they're working on.

have you test it in real life? your information seems good

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cpt.ghost said:

have you test it in real life? your information seems good

Counter ATGM / SAM systems are being used for some years now.

They have some drawbacks and some huge bonuses (until they run empty tho).

Israel, US and EU are getting in on the APS game big time as well.

RF simply rushed the new stuff for the '15 parade and it shows.

If you dig deep enough you can see them constantly adding or removing stuff by the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bars91 said:

Counter ATGM / SAM systems are being used for some years now.

They have some drawbacks and some huge bonuses (until they run empty tho).

Israel, US and EU are getting in on the APS game big time as well.

RF simply rushed the new stuff for the '15 parade and it shows.

If you dig deep enough you can see them constantly adding or removing stuff by the year.

i know all of that , i was asking if he tested the thing in real life because he said some solid things 

• Like 1

Maybe I will explain a bit.

T-14 concept focuses on high protection levels of the hull front and high crew survivability. However, T-14 turret is lightly armored only against smaller calliber autocannon and only from the front. On the sides even 20mm or 25mm can pierce turret armor.

The idea is to increase front hull protection and crew protection to very high levels, without significantly increasing vehicle weight.

As for Afganit active protection system, like all APS it's capable only to intercept RPG's, ATGM's and HEAT/HE rounds fired from tank guns or similiar armament.

This means that while T-14 is difficult to be completely destroyed, it should be relatively easy to knock it out of the fight through damaging or destroying it's turret and main armament.

So it's something for something.

In the end won't be surprised if T-14 will be a very capable machine, very dangerous one, but T-14 "Armata" is not indestructible "wunderwaffe" that can't be stopped on the battlefield.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Damian90 said:

Maybe I will explain a bit.

T-14 concept focuses on high protection levels of the hull front and high crew survivability. However, T-14 turret is lightly armored only against smaller calliber autocannon and only from the front. On the sides even 20mm or 25mm can pierce turret armor.

The idea is to increase front hull protection and crew protection to very high levels, without significantly increasing vehicle weight.

As for Afganit active protection system, like all APS it's capable only to intercept RPG's, ATGM's and HEAT/HE rounds fired from tank guns or similiar armament.

This means that while T-14 is difficult to be completely destroyed, it should be relatively easy to knock it out of the fight through damaging or destroying it's turret and main armament.

So it's something for something.

In the end won't be surprised if T-14 will be a very capable machine, very dangerous one, but T-14 "Armata" is not indestructible "wunderwaffe" that can't be stopped on the battlefield.

so any hit on the turret by lets say 120mm APDFS turns the armata into an armored tracked car? 

2 minutes ago, cpt.ghost said:

so any hit on the turret by lets say 120mm APDFS turns the armata into an armored tracked car? 

Not any, it depends where it hits. If it hits in the center of the turret mass, it can damage and take out the main gun. In general the turret itself is very small, very lightweight and have nearly no armor.

1 minute ago, cpt.ghost said:

Not any hits, it depends where it lands, the type of shell etc. it would mean its the time for crew to bailout. It would survive a few projectiles to the frontal armour part of the, by this time they should've returned fire. 

Also, is there any config/script to put GAU-19 on the ESSS blackhawk stubs?

12 hours ago, M. Glade said:

Also, is there any config/script to put GAU-19 on the ESSS blackhawk stubs?

You can force it with the game's native setPylonsLoadout command.

_vehicle setPylonLoadOut [2, "rhsusf_mag_gau19_melb_left", true]; _vehicle setPylonLoadOut [3, "rhsusf_mag_gau19_melb_right", true]

The "true" part at the end of each array is the important values, which allows you to force any dynamic loadouts magazine on to any dynamic loudouts vehicle.

The GAU-19 models only really fit the Littlebird properly though because of the ammunition linkage

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 11:43 PM, M. Glade said:

it would mean its the time for crew to bailout.

I think that the idea is that the crew would retreat in that case, not bail out. The general idea is that the hull can take quite a beating, even from the best modern AT weapons. The way T-14 is designed means that damage to the turret wouldn't be a direct threat to the crew, so in most cases they'd want to drive the tank away, as opposed to bailing out and exposing themselves to MG fire.

Considering that a modern APFSDS hit on the turret is pretty likely to cause a mission kill on any modern tank (that's what those rounds are for, after all), I'd say this may not be as much of a disadvantage as it seems. With armor that thin, you'd get less spallation, so it might actually help with survivability in this scenario. Of course, autocannons or even HMGs could become a threat with armor that thin, but I suppose a competent crew should be able to avoid being shot at with autocannons from the side.

9 hours ago, dragon01 said:

I think that the idea is that the crew would retreat in that case, not bail out. The general idea is that the hull can take quite a beating, even from the best modern AT weapons. The way T-14 is designed means that damage to the turret wouldn't be a direct threat to the crew, so in most cases they'd want to drive the tank away, as opposed to bailing out and exposing themselves to MG fire.

Considering that a modern APFSDS hit on the turret is pretty likely to cause a mission kill on any modern tank (that's what those rounds are for, after all), I'd say this may not be as much of a disadvantage as it seems. With armor that thin, you'd get less spallation, so it might actually help with survivability in this scenario. Of course, autocannons or even HMGs could become a threat with armor that thin, but I suppose a competent crew should be able to avoid being shot at with autocannons from the side.

No you are wrong. It depends what tank and what round. For example newest M1A2SEPv3 (M1A2C) have front turret armor not only increased in it's real, physical thickness from around 900mm up to around 1000mm (yes, it's around or even over 1m thick!) but also uses completely new type of special armor codenamed NGAP (Next Generation Armor Package) (and it's actually 2nd generation NGAP, 1st generation is used on some M1A2SEPv2's (M1A2B) and M1A1SA's). Same goes for the front hull by the way, it's thicker than it was (thickness increases from around 700mm to around 800mm) and uses NGAP armor.

NGAP is designed to protect against the newest KE and CE threats.

Of course for such high levels of protection in a conventional tank design with manned turret, there is a price, with weight of around 72.5 metric tons, compared to T-14 50+ metric tons of weight.

So it all depends on vehicle concept and design.

For example current European and Asian tanks focuses on mobility and firepower. US, UK and Israeli tanks focuses on protection and firepower. Russian tanks balance these factors thanks to more compact design to keep lower weight but with good protection. Of course this is simplification, but I hope it explains why things look as they look.

• Like 4

theres some videos for the iraqi m1a1 abrams eating a direct hit by russian made kornet in front arc of the turret during a battle against isis and she survived ... well actually iraqi tactical cell posted some pics showing the area that got target by kornet and it looked that the abrams didn't care for one of the best AT missile in the world also theres a video for the iraqi abrams target by a kornet on the side of the turret and she also survived and continued its battle and won 

btw the iraqi m1a1 doesn't have the DU armor , so i think the abrams is far better protected tank the the others ( not leopard ) 

• Like 1

Something went wrong. I have information in dialog window: "Addon 'rhs_main' requires addon 'A3_Data_F_Enoch_Loadorder"". Please help!

1 minute ago, marek1986 said:

Something went wrong. I have information in dialog window: "Addon 'rhs_main' requires addon 'A3_Data_F_Enoch_Loadorder"". Please help!

Reyhard just updated the mod for incoming Contact DLC. If you are on the mainbranch, the dev version of the mod won't work now before the next main game patch. However if you move your Arma3 to devbranch version, everything will work just ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have some questions:

1. From which distance can the F22 radar recognize in the game the

a) Mig 29,

b) Su 25,

c) T50

2. from which distance can the radar of the
a) Mig 29,
b) T50
recognize the F 22?

hello guys and gals,

quick Question: how do I get the attachments (grippod etc) to properly function on the ai? I mean, when I equip an AI with a rifle and one of the attachments, they don't Change the handanimation to as if they're Holding the grippod or whatever attachment. It works flawless on my own unit, just not on the AI.

many many thanks by the way for the insane (in a positive way) mod you created!

The function responsible for the change in hand animation does not appear to be running on AI forces.  The simplest way is to equip accordingly:  correspond the attached grip with the underlying classnames. In the case of the HK416:  rhs_weap_hk416d145_grip, rhs_weap_hk416d145_grip2, rhs_weap_hk416d145_grip3

-k 

1 hour ago, flv*venom* said:

hello guys and gals,

quick Question: how do I get the attachments (grippod etc) to properly function on the ai? I mean, when I equip an AI with a rifle and one of the attachments, they don't Change the handanimation to as if they're Holding the grippod or whatever attachment. It works flawless on my own unit, just not on the AI.

many many thanks by the way for the insane (in a positive way) mod you created!

It's working automatically in current dev version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are experiencing a problem starting Arma 3 now with running RHS DEV mods, it is because they are now configured to use Arma 3 Dev or RC branches, in light of preparation to the new features. Please refrain from submitting bug reports related to this.

RHS Team

• Thanks 1