Once in a while someone asks us if there is anyway they could help, and now there is. Today we are opening our Patreon page over at https://www.patreon.com/redhammerstudios Come have a look, read the description and if you can and want, support our cause! Every little contribution helps.

Thank you!

RHS Team

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome. Don't make a whole lot of money but will contribute what I can when possible. Keep up the awesome work guys. 

• Like 1

Do wonder why the change of heart for the entire RHS team but I won't question it. Wish you all greatness in the years and beyond to come!

7 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Do wonder why the change of heart for the entire RHS team but I won't question it. Wish you all greatness in the years and beyond to come!

What change of heart? We were never against donations, and let streamers and servers alike get the financial help they need. We just never had a single point where this could be done.

• Thanks 1

So I noticed that the 6B43 vest has been in the mod for a while, but just the empty version. Are y'all gonna add versions with different loadouts (rifleman, grenadier, team leader, PKM, SVD, medic, etc)? Its really a great looking vest, I love the high neck protection.

• Like 3

I support the decision of the RHS team. It's a good way for fans to say thank you for all the content we've been getting for free for a long time.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:05 AM, Dallas Medina said:

So I noticed that the 6B43 vest has been in the mod for a while, but just the empty version. Are y'all gonna add versions with different loadouts (rifleman, grenadier, team leader, PKM, SVD, medic, etc)? Its really a great looking vest, I love the high neck protection.

I hope they are making 6b45 and it will replace 6b43 someday.

So I'm all for you guys going to Patreon. And forgive me if you have addressed this already but here's my unsolicited advice and concerns. 

You might have to reconsider how you guys update the community regarding planned features and what the roadmap is. People will have more of a right to ask about specific plans when they are actually throwing money. Most games and mods that go to Patreon or early access that keep the good will of the community provide pretty detailed updates and roadmaps on what content is in the works.

In the Skyrim modding scene for example there is a ton of drama around the multi-player mod and the team that makes it. They're on Patreon bringing in thousands of dollars a month and still shit on the community. Since the Patreon fundraising model when applied to modding doesn't work too well since it doesn't deincentivize the gaining Patrons without actually having to do anything. Since many of the people that pledge money will never cancel their pledge. No matter the rate of progress or what is done with the money since they will simply forget about it.

For example you guys have every right as of now to be as blunt about how annoying the "when is X weapon/vehicle coming" and "are you going to make Y"  questions as you want. But there is the potential for that to get old fast if you guys blow up on Patreon as I expect you will. The RHS model of allowing modders to make whatever they want at whatever pace loses its relevance when you're actually making money. 

Anyway just my two cents. I don't mean this in a negative way and I'm sure you've had these discussions. I just love this mod and want to see it continue to grow. 

• Like 3

All the Patreon proceeds are managed by a single member of RHS for the sake of covering expenses incurred by our own development. It is not distributed among our large-ish team of past and present members.

There is no financial gain to be made for our content creators (in fact a bunch of the patrons currently subscribed are members of RHS paying towards our hosting since we didn't have a formal way to do this within the team before). As such, there is no incentive for our content creators to provide additional information on what they are working on, or change the way they work either.

Donations are 100% voluntary and nobody working on the mod or donating to the mod receives any special treatment as a result of it. If the terms are not satisfactory, then we don't encourage you to donate. But people in the past have asked to donate money, so we are providing them a single place to do that.

We're not looking to draw in large sums of money to subsidise anybody's lifestyle, so tips on making the mod marketable and draw in more money really don't concern us.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

All the Patreon proceeds go to a single member or RHS for the sake of covering expenses incurred by our own development. it is not distributed among our large-ish team past or present.

There is no financial gain to be made for our content creators (in fact a bunch of the patrons currently subscribed are members of RHS paying towards since we didn't have a formal way to do this ourselves before). So there is no incentive for our content creators to provide additional information on what they are working on either.

Donations are 100% voluntary and nobody working on the mod or donating to the mod receives any special treatment as a result of it. If the terms are not satisfactory, then we don't encourage you to donate.

indeed, my learned colleague is correct here. We stressed that in the descriptive text as well. We encourage only the people who want to contribute and are happy by the way we operate atm. We hardly also need to make updates on developments as the latest and greatest version of the mod is made available freely for everyone on steam weekly. Unlike other Patreon pages, people are already very familiar and enjoy our work for years, and trust us to deliver a good product. Look, we want your money to go to good use, namely good content, and faster. Spending time answering questions that serve no purpose or making update posts, takes away from that speed and focus. 

• Like 8

Indeed, now let we buy you a beer. 🍻

• Like 1

18 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Once in a while someone asks us if there is anyway they could help, and now there is. Today we are opening our Patreon page over at https://www.patreon.com/redhammerstudios Come have a look, read the description and if you can and want, support our cause! Every little contribution helps.

Thank you!

RHS Team

I Can i donate to T-64? Why don't you want to add it? It is very necessary for the creation of Ukrainian scenarios... Or T-62 for Syria?

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, General Yudenich said:

I Can i donate to T-64? Why don't you want to add it? It is very necessary for the creation of Ukrainian scenarios... Or T-62 for Syria?

No you cannot donate towards a specific goal, that would be payment for services and promises. Exactly what we want to avoid. But who said that we dont want to add it? We very much do, and I assure you I want to add both of these and more in the near future. But it takes time.

• Like 13

On 5/16/2019 at 3:44 PM, ferpo_the_great said:

In the Skyrim modding scene for example there is a ton of drama around the multi-player mod and the team that makes it. They're on Patreon bringing in thousands of dollars a month and still shit on the community. Since the Patreon fundraising model when applied to modding doesn't work too well since it doesn't deincentivize the gaining Patrons without actually having to do anything. Since many of the people that pledge money will never cancel their pledge. No matter the rate of progress or what is done with the money since they will simply forget about it.

Patreon isn't Kickstarter. It was never intended to be a means to purchase a service. It's a donation system where the beneficiary can offer perks to encourage larger donations. If you don't feel a creator appreciates your contribution/is not using it for what they claim, just stop giving them your money. As for the accusation of rudeness... I'm not affiliated with RHS, but I can tell you that answering the same five questions countless times gets a little old. Even if each individual asker means no harm. And not all of them mean no harm. Unfortunately quite a few will use apparently innocent questions as a means to try to assert some kind of Patron-Artist relationship or contract where none exists.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, war_lord said:

I can tell you that answering the same five questions countless times gets a little old. Even if each individual asker means no harm. And not all of them mean no harm. Unfortunately quite a few will use apparently innocent questions as a means to try to assert some kind of Patron-Artist relationship or contract where none exists.

:yeahthat: SPOT ON!!

On 5/16/2019 at 5:44 PM, ferpo_the_great said:

You might have to reconsider how you guys update the community regarding planned features and what the roadmap is. 

As previously said, that is impossible to do. We have short term roadmaps due to the way modding works. There will be no changes there

People will have more of a right to ask about specific plans when they are actually throwing money.

Nope. we are not selling a product or a service. We have just set a system in place for donations (which are 100% voluntary).

Most games and mods that go to Patreon or early access that keep the good will of the community provide pretty detailed updates and roadmaps on what content is in the works.

Again, you are comparing apples with pies. RHS is not an early access thing, has been around for long enough to get an idea about what this mod is about. We have also been pretty transparent about our WIP stuff (these gets published on our social media)

The entire purpose of the Patreon for RHS is NOT to fundraise the mod development or its direction or scope. We won't make a profit on this, we simply wanna cut down some of the fixed costs that have been paid from SA own pockets so far, in particular the servers supporting RHS internal pipeline, website, feedback tracker etc.

This system also allows any of us in the development team to share the costs of our IT infrastructure (there are several developers including myself that have already pledged money via this system).
The patreon revenue will NOT be split (as profit of sorts) between development members btw, since this has a very specific purpose.

For example you guys have every right as of now to be as blunt about how annoying the "when is X weapon/vehicle coming" and "are you going to make Y"  questions as you want. But there is the potential for that to get old fast if you guys blow up on Patreon as I expect you will.

We can't blow it up simply because any amount of money pledged by the users of RHS from this very community will translate directly into relief in regards to the money that goes out from our own pockets to support our infrastructure, or acquire scanned data

The RHS model of allowing modders to make whatever they want at whatever pace loses its relevance when you're actually making money. 

The description is pretty clear about it why there is such patreon for RHS to begin with. It is not about the content we provide, nor the roadmaps and plans we might have.

Anyway just my two cents. I don't mean this in a negative way and I'm sure you've had these discussions. I just love this mod and want to see it continue to grow. 

Cheers, but RHS will continue to exists and grow no matter of the Patreon outcome.

We will like to thank all our current patreon supporters

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

thanks for your great work! Have a (cheap) beer on me 🍺

• Like 1

Tanoan Liberation Army huh? That's interesting

• Like 1

Seriously thanks for the response guys. I wasn't in any way trying to shit on you guys or anything. You have all been outstanding since the beginning. I was just relaying some minor concerns that pop up when Patreon and modding are mixed. I honestly love the mod and how you guys approach working on the mod.

And just clarification I meant "blow up" on Patreon in terms of you guys bringing in a lot of money very fast. It's very easy to say that it will only cover costs associated with development but what happens if the money coming in exceeds that several times over?

1 hour ago, ferpo_the_great said:

And just clarification I meant "blow up" on Patreon in terms of you guys bringing in a lot of money very fast.

I'm not saying that cannot happen but it is very unlikely all things considered (the mentality that modding is free and it doesn't cost a penny to produce / time excluded). but as we said, we are thankful to everyone able and willing to contribute no matter how little or generous that contribution is.

It's very easy to say that it will only cover costs associated with development but what happens if the money coming in exceeds that several times over?

if that ever happens we'll most likely use that overhead to acquire more scanned data (example - https://gumroad.com/digitalforms), or directly commission 3D scans for specific gear.

1 hour ago, ferpo_the_great said:

Seriously thanks for the response guys. I wasn't in any way trying to shit on you guys or anything.

I know, i was just pointing out some key differences between how we do things (and that is not going to change) and how other (groups of) people who have patreon pages do it.

You have all been outstanding since the beginning. I was just relaying some minor concerns that pop up when Patreon and modding are mixed. I honestly love the mod and how you guys approach working on the mod.

cheers. i think it makes more sense for everyone considering the further explanations about it.

we have already got - i would donate for *insert content* - type of messages on various platforms, which sort of means that the purpose of patreon was, at least in part, misunderstood. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

we have already got - i would donate for *insert content* - type of messages on various platforms, which sort of means that the purpose of patreon was, at least in part, misunderstood. 

That honestly was my biggest fear. I'm donating out of a sense of just "you've already provided us with x-amount of free material, lemme buy you a beer" whereas some are going to think it is a pipeline for requests.

I hope folks understand exactly what this is for, instead of what they want it to be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NAS_Juno said:

That honestly was my biggest fear. I'm donating out of a sense of just "you've already provided us with x-amount of free material, lemme buy you a beer" whereas some are going to think it is a pipeline for requests.

I hope folks understand exactly what this is for, instead of what they want it to be.

agreed, and we have tried to make that as clear as possible.

• Like 2

Guys, mission maker question;

I'm making a small inventory of magazines for BLUFOR RHS players and I was wondering what are the 8 most commonly used type of grenades by RHSUSAF players? Hand grenades, smokes, frags, even the UGL types. The ones that go in the funky 6 barrel launcher too. The most used 8 types please?

^^ I assume this enquiry is aimed towards RHS players preference and maybe server admins, rather than us mod devs. Because it's not something RHS has any means to gather telemetry/data on.