Arty calculation tables/formulas for manual fire, especially for the upcoming 2S1, would be well appreciated. Arty computer fells like such a cheat.

• Like 1

The system we had in place to generate all the class data automatically from configs with our builds was unexpectedly a resource hog, and driving up hosting costs by quite a lot. So it has been taken offline indefinitely.

The boss has more important things to do than come up with a new API for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That T-14 looks sick. I'm curious, could you use the existing T-14 interior from the tanks DLC for it, or is that legally not possible?

22 minutes ago, Dallas Medina said:

That T-14 looks sick. I'm curious, could you use the existing T-14 interior from the tanks DLC for it, or is that legally not possible?

It could be used with proxy but that means no animations inside for things like turret or any of the instruments. Did silly experiment almost exactly one year ago with T-100 interior in T-80. Having everything static inside ruins the immersion so I didn't continue that experiment unknown.png

How do you think guys, T-80 looks similar to T-64? 🤔 I make scenarios of war in East Ukraine having T-72B3 for pro russians guys, but do not have any T-64 for ukrainians forces. I remember some T-64's for Arma 2 from your guy Kenji Nakamura. He is still working with you on mod? Thanks for your answers in advance, love your mods.😎

3 hours ago, Navalny for president said:

I remember some T-64's for Arma 2 from your guy Kenji Nakamura. He is still working with you on mod?

he isn't, he went AWOL quite a few years ago. We have no current plans for T-64s

• Sad 1

I... I think I'm looking too hard at the latest Screenshot... is that.. new textures for AK-74M as well?...
Edit: nope just my imagination :P

Wow, the T-14 even has a functioning APS! A lot of pop up messages but, who cares. You never cease to amaze me RHS Devs!

2 hours ago, russian spy said:

A lot of pop up messages but, who cares.

as said in our Dev builds announcement, that is 100% expected, as what you get on Tuesday is not really curated, you get whatever state the mod it is in, being auto-pushed from dev SVN to Steam

49 minutes ago, solviper said:

Are there plans to add selections to the magazines?

There are selections on magazines

I got the PMAG to work but that appeared to be the only one on first glance. I'll take another look.

Other mags in the current stable version probably don't have hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"}; array the config (because we didn't have alternate textures for them). However, the camo selections have always been there in the models and model.cfg regardless. So it should work if you add the parameter to your own classes yourself in addition to the hiddenSelectionsTextures[] array.

In Dev version of the mod though, we have an all new STANAG mag model with a couple of texture versions to represent EPM mags and SCAR mags (so if you're making textures for the current/old STANAG model... RIP!), and Sabre did some real nice UCP, Woodland and Coyote Brown textures for the 100 and 200rnd M249 nutsacks.

So these now have a defined hiddenSelections[] array.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A couple of more screens of the upcoming new AFRF toy 😉

47006539454_a4cb0423f2_o.png

46982577464_f178d14c29_o.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Loving the new L1A1 SLRs in the dev branch - are there plans to replace the FN FAL style knob charging handle with the proper folding charging handle on the SLRs? 

edit: Also, it looks like the pistol grip on the SLRs is the style only seen on the metric FALs as well. 

Either way, it's awesome to see even more variety within GREF - easily my favorite mod alongside DHI's stuff. Great work all!

• Like 1

Probably not, no. Graham made the receiver based on the L1A1 and a variety of other parts that we can configure to suit GREF.

It's not so much meant to be an exact replica since we also have parts that weren't on the real SLR like a folding stock (that accommodates the ramp sight rather than the typical aperture para sights) and picatinny dust-cover, that we will probably add in some form down the line once we decide how we want to use them to make different configurations.

We have a wooden Inch pattern pistol grip that will likely be used at some point with the wooden furniture, but the polymer one is based on an R1(metric) for now. I don't think there is a folding cocking handle in the parts set.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Probably not, no. Graham made the receiver based on the L1A1 and a variety of other parts that we can configure to suit GREF.

It's not so much meant to be an exact replica since we also have parts that weren't on the real SLR like a folding stock (that accommodates the ramp sight rather than the typical aperture para sights) and picatinny dust-cover, that we will probably add in some form down the line.

We have a wooden Inch pattern pistol grip that will likely be used at some point with the wooden furniture, but the polymer one is based on an R1(metric) for now. I don't think there is a folding cocking handle in the parts set.

Would maybe make sense to seperate the SLR from the metric FALs since there are some significant differences between the two in form and function. Additionally metric FALs have seen service around the Globe with many different armies and militias while L1A1s are a bit more confined (similar to how you guys have two SCARs in RHSUSAF and RHSSAF now). I obviously understand if that is not possible because of additional modelling/texturing you might have to do. Really just a thought that came to my mind.

you guys wouldn't happen to have an STG58 patttern handguard in that parts set would you?

28 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

Would maybe make sense to seperate the SLR from the metric FALs since there are some significant differences between the two in form and function.

It's not clean cut like we have a metric fal and an imperial FAL and intention to make specific FAL variants yet.

We have the rifle that is built around an L1A1 so has the L1's front and rear sights and gas system and bolt with lightening cuts, selector switch, etc. etc. etc. and optics: SUIT, and a PVS-2 (original PVS-2, not the equivalent L1 IWS). Then we have some additional parts of furniture to configure the rifle in different ways, should we choose, but not all the parts for every FAL out there.

Graham may decide to make specific SLR parts to bring it closer to the original UK-spec rifle, or make more FN-style parts that could lead to some variants that look more like metric FALs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Right - most of the differences are pretty minor and (from a gameplay standpoint) entirely cosmetic.  The metric FN FAL saw more use worldwide, but the inch pattern rifles were widely used throughout the Commonwealth (and successor nations). Both are highly suitable for a "green force" mod pack. 

Great work either way!

I've been wanted to ask if you guys are going to put the m240 on the Humvee's (like on the transport or on the armored variant)? I also been wondering if you guys are going to add the avenger, the us doesn't have any AAA except for the linebacker. Anyhow keep up the good work I like see them picture you guys have been teasing us with lol

10 hours ago, payne2010 said:

I've been wanted to ask if you guys are going to put the m240 on the Humvee's (like on the transport or on the armored variant)? I also been wondering if you guys are going to add the avenger, the us doesn't have any AAA except for the linebacker. Anyhow keep up the good work I like see them picture you guys have been teasing us with lol

not really. also, there is no armored variant in RHS. Avenger is also unlikely to happen anytime soon (very low priority).

4 hours ago, PuFu said:

not really. also, there is no armored variant in RHS.

I meant the ones with the medal doors and not the canvas ones. That's sad to here but understandable, keep up the good work!