In dev version T-72B (1984) can take 9 PG-7Vs before exploding. Is this normal?

1 hour ago, russian spy said:

In dev version T-72B (1984) can take 9 PG-7Vs before exploding. Is this normal?

as an arma 3 armor fighting expert i can suspect that you hit the front of the tank AKA front arc which is impossible to kill a t-72B from that side with an rpg-7 loaded with a pg7v2 rocket , try pg7vr or vl or better AT if the tank still undamaged then it is not normal and you have to report the comrades at RHS HQ 

happy day

Hit to the sides btw

Make sure you're actually hitting vital areas of the tank, like the auto-loader carousel where ammo is stored. If the PG-7V is penetrating areas that are mostly just empty space, it does minimal damage (if any at all) to the vehicle's global health/armor value. Some components like the gun, turret, optics, tracks, engine, crew, etc. might get disabled, but if the round doesn't penetrate anything critical, you'd probably have to fire RPG's at it for most of the day before it would finally completely destruct. I just tested it, and a single well placed PG-7V is more than enough to cause a catastrophic kill.

• Like 2

Yep. I was hitting the wrong area most of the time. Thanks.

If you're using the vanilla RPG7, you'll essentially have to very precisely aim for the carousel. Non-RHS shaped charges have only one single penetrator submunition, and if that slips just past the component you are trying to destroy, nothing really happens. With RHS warheads, you can almost shoot around corners (horizontally into the o-ring and then some of the spalling scatters downwards into the autoloader). Because there are no blowout panels or wet storage or anything in game, that creates this twist where IRL, the russian autoloaders are notoriously unsafe... but in RHS, hidden behind the front glacis instead of up in the turret, they are one of the more robust solutions.

Can anybody on the team comment on the feasibility of some enterprising modder creating a patch to make the GM vehicles inter-operate with RHS (i.e. have compatible damage/penetration/protection characteristics)?

Are differences likely to be purely in configuration or are some aspects baked into the models/materials?

Yeah, it's not a config-only thing. Custom penetration .rvmats are baked in to the fire geometry LOD of the models

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

Yeah, it's not a config-only thing. Custom penetration .rvmats are baked in to the fire geometry LOD of the models

The rvmats and bisurfs in RHS are the same as the armor rvmat from Arma 3, they just had a different file name for when we used the HEAT penetrator script. Was previously necessary because the script got the amount to slow down a HEAT penetrator when hitting composite armor from the file name of the rvmat that was applied to the fire geometry component that was hit. Since the Tanks DLC, this is no longer valid and they function as in vanilla. Same rvmat/bisurf, different name.

1 hour ago, Defunkt said:

Are differences likely to be purely in configuration or are some aspects baked into the models/materials?

So, yes, it is just a matter of adjusting the ammo hit and vehicle hitpoint armor values in the config, if they don't seem balanced.

• Like 6

I'm working on a custom faction config, and I'm using RHS US assets to base it. But, I'm running into a strange issue. With the M1A1, the M109, and the M2A2 I've got the following in the vehicle config. I've already successfully changed the components for all the humvees, m113s, and other vehicles. But the M1A1, M2A2, and M109 are giving me fits. It will NOT hide the IFF Panels, or MILES panels in the M1A1's case. Even after spawning the vehicles in and checking the config viewer and animationList, it shows the components should be hidden but they are not.

animationList[]=
        {
            "IFF_Panels_Hide",
        };

1 hour ago, thick1988 said:

I'm working on a custom faction config, and I'm using RHS US assets to base it. But, I'm running into a strange issue. With the M1A1, the M109, and the M2A2 I've got the following in the vehicle config. I've already successfully changed the components for all the humvees, m113s, and other vehicles. But the M1A1, M2A2, and M109 are giving me fits. It will NOT hide the IFF Panels, or MILES panels in the M1A1's case. Even after spawning the vehicles in and checking the config viewer and animationList, it shows the components should be hidden but they are not.

In order for animationList[] to work, the vehicle has to run "bis_fnc_initVehicle" in its init EventHandler. If it's not working, there's a good chance the script isn't being called for that vehicle.

Try adding this to the vehicle classes that aren't working:

class EventHandlers: EventHandlers

{

init="if (local (_this select 0)) then {[(_this select 0), """", [], false] call bis_fnc_initVehicle;};";

};

Nice! Looks like you're getting a lot of work done! Is it new 6sh92 or am i wrong? And i have a few questions: is it possible to make a reticle on 1P87 a little brighter? And don't you think that Altyn helmet in your mod shoul have a higher ballistic protection settings? I wonder how you make such things like ballistic protection settings or explosive resistance of different helmets and body armor. It's really interesting to me. Thank you!

Am curious to what this new script forcedInitialOrientationDir does for the 125mm and 120mm cannons. Do elaborate? :O

Reyhard, thank you SO much for adding face-wear proxies! I LOVE YOU RHS TEAM!

21 hours ago, ballistic09 said:

In order for animationList[] to work, the vehicle has to run "bis_fnc_initVehicle" in its init EventHandler. If it's not working, there's a good chance the script isn't being called for that vehicle.

Try adding this to the vehicle classes that aren't working:

Thanks man, this worked!

10 hours ago, russian spy said:

Reyhard, thank you SO much for adding face-wear proxies! I LOVE YOU RHS TEAM!

What does this mean with the face wear?

• Like 1

This means now gloves in face-wear slot can be visibile in third person

Happened across the new mines and grenades (or should I say... old mines and grenades?) in the dev branch last night and I just gotta say wow, guys- you really do spoil us for choice!

I'm glad to see you're finding places to stick more Westwall content in RHS, it's all of a fantastic quality, and as a big fan of the history of WWII-era kit being used postwar, it brings a smile to my face- thank you!

• Like 1

Been having a blast playing an OFP Cold War Crisis redux which uses mix of CUP/RHS but am having problem with the Hammer Tank missions. Basically it seems that when commanding RHS Tank Platoons, the AI tanks tend to trun their engines off or something everytime they reach a player given waypoint after a few moments. Meaning, ill order my 3 subordinate tanks to Move positions, but when needing them to move again (sometimes quickly) they are extremely slow to get going sometimes not responding at all. It seems they are sometimes stuck in between trying to Move and maybe restarting their engine..i dont know but i sometimes lose total control of them with their utter refusal to move at all after sometime.

3 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Been having a blast playing an OFP Cold War Crisis redux which uses mix of CUP/RHS but am having problem with the Hammer Tank missions. Basically it seems that when commanding RHS Tank Platoons, the AI tanks tend to trun their engines off or something everytime they reach a player given waypoint after a few moments. Meaning, ill order my 3 subordinate tanks to Move positions, but when needing them to move again (sometimes quickly) they are extremely slow to get going sometimes not responding at all. It seems they are sometimes stuck in between trying to Move and maybe restarting their engine..i dont know but i sometimes lose total control of them with their utter refusal to move at all after sometime.

AI was quite notorious for turning off engine moment it reached waypoint so I tweaked engine startup script on Dev version of RHS few months ago so engine startup doesn't take so long if i.e. engine was shutdown 3 or 12 seconds ago (startup is proportional to time it was last shutdown). From what I tested, it helped a lot with AI handling AI which are using gas turbine tanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1