4 hours ago, RL - AVE said:

I'm looking to have the Medical M1085A1P2B (CBPS) truck with deployable medical tent as a mobile respawn point and ACE Adv. healing area when, and only when, the tent is deployed. Preferrably just inside the tent. MP Dedicated.

Any known solutions how I could make this work?

i suggest you ask in the scripting suibforums and/or ACE thread

15 hours ago, RL - AVE said:

I'm looking to have the Medical M1085A1P2B (CBPS) truck with deployable medical tent as a mobile respawn point and ACE Adv. healing area when, and only when, the tent is deployed. Preferrably just inside the tent. MP Dedicated.

Any known solutions how I could make this work?

If you do get that to work I would love to use it 

I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this but... I was hoping to make a mod I'm working on compatible with RHS gripods / fwd lower rail attachments.

Do I need to ask permission first before attempting this? (And if the answer is yes, may I have permission, please?)

15 minutes ago, Steve 161st said:

I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this but... I was hoping to make a mod I'm working on compatible with RHS gripods / fwd lower rail attachments.

Do I need to ask permission first before attempting this? (And if the answer is yes, may I have permission, please?)

I’m not a member of the RHS team, please keep that in mind, but as far as I know you don’t need their permission since you won’t be altering any part of their mod. But you probably will need permission of the author of the mod you want to make compatible (if you aren't the original author) and access to the source files.

There is some documentation on the RHS wiki regarding the grip system: http://www.rhsmods.org/page/developers

Thanks for the link to the 'For Developers' page - I'd completely forgotten about that!

The mod I'm making compatible is my own - so no issues there.

I agree that I'm not changing any RHS content so legally think there is no issue but as a (much smaller scale!) mod maker myself, thought I should check first - even if it's purely just for courtesies sake.

2 hours ago, Steve 161st said:

You don't need permission in case you are not modifying RHS content (which seems it isn't the case here).
In case you are modifying RHS original content, we do not provide individual permissions outside our EULA, no exceptions - http://www.rhsmods.org/page/EULA

• Like 1

Hi,

Been experiencing on both stable and dev recently, that AT4 (particularly HEAT rounds) are not doing much to BTR's. Obviously the BTR's have very thin armor and you would expect a normal HEAT round to be able to go through, however i was scoring side and rear shots and the vehicle just kept on driving. Shots the the front seem plausible that they could be deflected, however even the HP variant are only sometimes killing the crew or at most knocking out the engine. I wonder if this is due to the changes to adopting the sub munitions or are the BTR's more tanky then they should be? Or i could be experiencing a unique experience. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Any chance of add MICH helmet with accessories? Sometimes have strobe marker, or sometimes have battery back, also sometimes have both. You can see in pictures, goes on loop spots either back or top. And these things already exist, I think should not be a difficult thing to do.

9lfvhj.jpg29c81aa.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, -ben- said:

Hi,

Been experiencing on both stable and dev recently, that AT4 (particularly HEAT rounds) are not doing much to BTR's. Obviously the BTR's have very thin armor and you would expect a normal HEAT round to be able to go through, however i was scoring side and rear shots and the vehicle just kept on driving. Shots the the front seem plausible that they could be deflected, however even the HP variant are only sometimes killing the crew or at most knocking out the engine. I wonder if this is due to the changes to adopting the sub munitions or are the BTR's more tanky then they should be? Or i could be experiencing a unique experience. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks.

Those HEATs rounds are penetrating BTRs/BMPs but since there is nothing explosive behind that armor, they are not exploding. Usually crew & equipment inside should be destroyed although I've noticed that turret/gun hit registration inside is sometimes not working as intended. I'm planning to tweak it + add non explosive destruction to those vehicles at some point although it might require some time.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, reyhard said:

Those HEATs rounds are penetrating BTRs/BMPs but since there is nothing explosive behind that armor, they are not exploding. Usually crew & equipment inside should be destroyed although I've noticed that turret/gun hit registration inside is sometimes not working as intended. I'm planning to tweak it + add non explosive destruction to those vehicles at some point although it might require some time.

Well that explains it. For the time being i think we are going to stick to HP rounds and try go for crew kills. 

Thank you for the response. 

Any plan to add vanilla tank FCS to M1Abrams series ?

Then Abrams can lead moving target.

6 hours ago, a.d.3001 said:

Then Abrams can lead moving target.

As if they don't already? :icon_confused:

6 hours ago, a.d.3001 said:

Any plan to add vanilla tank FCS to M1Abrams series ?

No, absolutely not. The lead functionality on the vanilla FCS is not only entirely fictional, it's also fucking awful to use... For most moving targets, you have to spam the lase key because it takes a not so insignificant amount of time for the vanilla FCS to lay the elevation and lead, and any minute change in target speed or direction during that time causes the lead calculation to become inaccurate. In real life (and in RHS tanks), tanks have inertial lead where the turret/cannon direction moves independently of the sight direction, and lead is calculated continuously based on the lased range and speed at which the sight is turning as it tracks a target. No need to constantly spam the lase to get updated lead calculations, it all happens automatically as you keep the reticle on target. It takes some getting used to, but once you understand how it works, it's vastly superior to the flaming pile of poo that is the vanilla FCS lead...

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

hope people are enjoying today's dev release

Do the dev releases have changelogs?

8 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

Do the dev releases have changelogs?

There's a buildlog file, which has the informal changelog

• Thanks 1

There's no immediate workaround for that. Weapon animation sources cannot be conditional of other sources.

If we added an animation to unfold the sight again when the GL muzzle is selected so that it was up when optics are attached, it would then be folded forward when there is no optic attached.

Unless we model a quadrant sight for the side rail some day, you'll just have to put up with it

• Sad 1

Finally something for russian side! New suit "Gorka-1" looks really good and realistic! I like this textures. May i ask you a question? Will this replace old Gorka model or you are planning to add new "Gorka-3" as well? (I hope I do not confuse "Gorka-1" and "Gorka-3")

Not replacing anything.

The Gorka-1's (including the original "Afghanka" type texture and an additional Flecktarn one that comes with GREF) are in the Arsenal alongside the existing Gorka-R.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mihal190 said:

Gloves REEEEEEEEEE

Why can't you just be normal?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

From memory the ai don’t use the foregrips animations. Is this still the case?

also is there a way to edit a config of an existing weapon to permanently use a foregrip without model editing including the animation associated with that foregrip?

So the end would be everytime the weapon is chosen in Arsenal it automatically uses the foregrip with the associated anim.

26 minutes ago, ruff said:

From memory the ai don’t use the foregrips animations. Is this still the case?

also is there a way to edit a config of an existing weapon to permanently use a foregrip without model editing including the animation associated with that foregrip?

So the end would be everytime the weapon is chosen in Arsenal it automatically uses the foregrip with the associated anim.

AI grip anim are working on dev version. As for second questions, there is no way to force weapon having grip via config. If you want to do it for AI/faction creation, then you can use those hidden classes for grip anim variants and add proper accessory. You can already notice how it's working even stable version of RHS - AI units are using special variants of weapons with proper linked items.

Example

class rhs_m4a1_grip_compm4 : rhs_weap_m4a1_grip3
{
	class LinkedItems: LinkedItems
	{
		class LinkedItemsOptic
		{
			slot = "CowsSlot";
			item = "rhsusf_acc_compm4";
		};
		class LinkedItemsAcc
		{
			slot = "PointerSlot";
			item = "rhsusf_acc_anpeq15_top";
		};
		class LinkedItemsUnder
		{
			slot = "UnderBarrelSlot";
			item = "rhsusf_acc_kac_grip";
		};
	};
};

If you want, you can also risk cluttering your arsenal and adding baseWeapon param to all those grip variants but beware of ~100 extra entries on the list

• Like 2

I was testing around with the 9M120O variant of the Ataka missile on the Mi-28 (missile is supposedly proximity fuzed for anti air).

The idea that the helicopters would get something that could be used for AA against enemy helicopters was something i wanted to try but i could not get it to work?

Are the missiles bugged or how do the promiximity fuze work? I tried to get it to get close to the enemy helicopter (so close it went above the tail and under the main rotor as it  was flying) but to no avail it just passed by and hit the water behind it.

If someone here knows how to use them, it would be very helpful to get help, thanks. 🙂