50 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Posted 15 days ago on artstation... :hmmm:

... a very elaborate April fools’ prank indeed. :wink_o:

Oh, my God! So it's the same guy who made TT-33 and 6P53 models for RHS. High quality work) And what about your CAG/Delta Force Faction?) Everything that you planned is ready for the next RHS release?))

14 minutes ago, Disgusting_Man said:

And what about your CAG/Delta Force Faction?)

you seem new around here...

Everything that you planned is ready for the next RHS release?))

we don't make our plans public, so not sure what you refer to. There is a new RHS release each Tuesday 04.00 GMT

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

EDIT:Took some time to figure out what was the bug.

Muzzle Eventhandlers ( Muzzle EH )  not working properly while running arma with RHS mods.

Tested on latest arma3 DEV branch EXE rev. 145470 (game)

Pistol / pistolcore muzzle EH's work

Rifle / riflecore  muzzle EH's don't work at all, no errors on RPT file.

Are all the RHS Russian ATGM's lock on targeting? IE "R" key and then fire?  Or are there any SACLOS missiles on the Attack Helis?
My unit is messing around with the Russian stuff and I thought there were SACLOS missiles in now?

Some sort of mod issue was causing problems with gunnery.  Never mind the questions above.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:03 AM, goko-- said:

EDIT:Took some time to figure out what was the bug.

Muzzle Eventhandlers ( Muzzle EH )  not working properly while running arma with RHS mods.

Tested on latest arma3 DEV branch EXE rev. 145470 (game)

Pistol / pistolcore muzzle EH's work

Rifle / riflecore  muzzle EH's don't work at all, no errors on RPT file.

You have to make proper config in order to get them working. Rhs is using muzzle for 1 year at least

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, reyhard said:

You have to make proper config in order to get them working. Rhs is using muzzle for 1 year at least

Thanks for reply but I have one more Q:

Is it normal for regular/vanilla arma MX not reporting muzzle EH with RHS is loaded?

It somehow stops working when loaded with RHS USAF or AFRF. Same cfgWeapons muzzle eventhandler config/initialization reports fine with no USAF/AFRF.

40 minutes ago, goko-- said:

Thanks for reply but I have one more Q:

Is it normal for regular/vanilla arma MX not reporting muzzle EH with RHS is loaded?

It somehow stops working when loaded with RHS USAF or AFRF. Same cfgWeapons muzzle eventhandler config/initialization reports fine with no USAF/AFRF.

It appears you are loading it after RHS. Current configs are expecting some base value and since they are not present, there is empty class present. Something like that might appear in vanilla game one day though.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2019 at 12:26 PM, reyhard said:

It appears you are loading it after RHS. Current configs are expecting some base value and since they are not present, there is empty class present. Something like that might appear in vanilla game one day though.

I think I understood the problem.

RHS uses "Fired" muzzle EH to do what it does. The class you mention is F_Rifle_Base, just looked up RHS weapon muzzle configs.

What I forgot to add at my old post, I was using (trying to use) "Reload" muzzle eh, which was broken until last DEV branch update, now game has pure reload detecting EH for first time.

Now coming to issue; when I use this new/working muzzle "reload" EH with cfgWeapons on DEV branch, its all good and working.

But when RHS USAF or AFRF Loaded, reload eh debug not working. Pistols do work, rifles don't. I am using this

class CfgWeapons
{
	class RifleCore;
	class Rifle: RifleCore
	{
		class EventHandlers
		{
			reload		= "systemchat format['reload EH output: %1 [time: %2]',_this, time]";
		};
	};
};

• Like 1

A while back someone here was looking for indepth breakdown of actual production AK-12.

So, a week ago the official distributor of high tier cringe Zvezda TV released this pearl:

PS: if you understand russian, be sure to mute it and put some background music on instead.

It's kinda hard to watch while collapsed of laughter 😂

4 hours ago, goko-- said:

I think I understood the problem.

RHS uses "Fired" muzzle EH to do what it does. The class you mention is F_Rifle_Base, just looked up RHS weapon muzzle configs.

What I forgot to add at my old post, I was using (trying to use) "Reload" muzzle eh, which was broken until last DEV branch update, now game has pure reload detecting EH for first time.

Now coming to issue; when I use this new/working muzzle "reload" EH with cfgWeapons on DEV branch, its all good and working.

But when RHS USAF or AFRF Loaded, reload eh debug not working. Pistols do work, rifles don't. I am using this

class CfgWeapons
{
	class RifleCore;
	class Rifle: RifleCore
	{
		class EventHandlers
		{
			reload		= "systemchat format['reload EH output: %1 [time: %2]',_this, time]";
		};
	};
};

Seems like you misunderstood what I meant. RHS is using class EventHandlers; in class Rifle_base_f. When config is loaded, it's trying to look up for it and since it's not found, it's creating empty class. If your mod is loaded before RHS, then everything will work fine. The issue lies in missing base EH in default weapon class which should be added in next arma patch.

• Thanks 1

Speaking about reload EH, here is something that I was working on during last couple days 😉

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

On 4/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, reyhard said:

Speaking about reload EH, here is something that I was working on during last couple days 😉

That is so cool.

Reload EH will bring many possibilities for content creators, exciting!

• Like 1

Nice work RHS Team, fan since OFP days and thanks for making us re-live those moments🙂😍   

The DEV build are very interesting and v. nice initiative.

small tiny request: are there any plan to have different variants of the FROG uniform like short sleeve, knee-pads....?

Thanks

On 3/23/2019 at 11:50 PM, kibyde said:

Since a lot of RHS aircraft do not have a warning system for heat seeker missiles I drop flares in intervals to prevent a lock-on because that is how I think it works. Although there are timed countermeasure modes what is really missing is a countermeasure mode that keeps dropping flares in 2 - 3 second intervals and can be turned on and off with a button. The countermeasure modes that are in RHS at the moment stop after a certain number of flares dropped. This isn't ideal because in the heat of the action I often forget to start it again.

Ideal would be to press the countermeasure button once to start dropping flares in 2 - 3 second intervals and turn it off by pressing the same button again. Holding the countermeasure button would burst flares as long the button is held.

Anyway, love your mod and thank you for your hard work!

You're just wasting flares bud, ArmA doesn't work like that as far as I know. And IRL most systems are completely automatic, detecting the launch through various means, and deploy the appropriate amount of flares to defeat the specific threat absent any interference of the crew, to the point that there isn't even a switch in the cockpit to turn the system on. There IS usually a manual flare switch, but its for the rare circumstance where you maybe might need to do it manually. The only countermeasure that's 100% manual, at least in the US Army, is chaff (Because it gives away your position on radar if the operator hasn't noticed you yet and also FODs out the aircraft, also there are TTPs in place where chaff is used very specifically)

The ideal situation would be having automatic detection of IR guided missiles, because the computer onboard can tell what kind of missile it is by the launch signature, and automatic flares, and then having manual flare and manual chaff where it pops one off. But I'm sure the RHS team already knows this and they've either already tried or don't think its important enough to justify the butt-pain, which is completely fair.

36 minutes ago, b00ce said:

You're just wasting flares bud, ArmA doesn't work like that as far as I know. And IRL most systems are completely automatic, detecting the launch through various means, and deploy the appropriate amount of flares to defeat the specific threat absent any interference of the crew, to the point that there isn't even a switch in the cockpit to turn the system on. There IS usually a manual flare switch, but its for the rare circumstance where you maybe might need to do it manually.

IR missiles detectors are not that much wide spreed even now so timed poping out of flares is still quite common and thats how for example it's working on Mi-24. It's rather rare view (alright, I'm exaggerate but same as you 😉) to see UV missile detector like  AN/AAR-57 on US Army UH-60M.

ps: poping out flares is valid tactic in Arma 😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, reyhard said:

IR missiles detectors are not that much wide spreed even now so timed poping out of flares is still quite common and thats how for example it's working on Mi-24. It's rather rare view (alright, I'm exaggerate but same as you 😉) to see UV missile detector like  AN/AAR-57 on US Army UH-60M. 

ps: poping out flares is valid tactic in Arma 😉

At a minimum every US Military helicopter in the mod has this feature, obviously I can't speak for any non-US aircraft. Basically any modern western aircraft should have it.

But I stand corrected on the preemptive flare thing, I wasn't aware that it did anything, I'll have to test it.

1 hour ago, b00ce said:

At a minimum every US Military helicopter in the mod has this feature, obviously I can't speak for any non-US aircraft. Basically any modern western aircraft should have it.

But I stand corrected on the preemptive flare thing, I wasn't aware that it did anything, I'll have to test it.

Preemptive flares should confuse the IR seeker head preventing the lock on your aircraft. 

On 4/12/2019 at 8:46 AM, b00ce said:

And IRL most systems are completely automatic, detecting the launch through various means, and deploy the appropriate amount of flares to defeat the specific threat absent any interference of the crew, to the point that there isn't even a switch in the cockpit to turn the system on. There IS usually a manual flare switch, but its for the rare circumstance where you maybe might need to do it manually.

I know this is a little beyond the scope, but...  It really depends on how the system is configured, and by extension, how integrated it is to the various ASE installed.  A typical setup would be "Semi-Auto" where the thread could be varied (IR and radar guided).  When a launch is detected by the fisheyes, it cues the operator, who then hits the deploy switch which kicks out a pre-programmed spread.  The problem with that is that it may burn through countermeasures that you don't need yet for that particular threat.  You could also be in an "Auto" mode, where it kicks out automatically for a plume detected with no associated radar energy.  And then there's auto-jammers (for both non-radar and radar guided systems, each utilizing a different sub-system of the ASE, if equipped).

Of course none of this addresses the kind of countermeasures used for a particular threat.  Not all flares are the same, for very good reason as the threat gets more capable, but again, that's beyond the scope of what's modeled in-game.

Random AF, but I never knew about the animations you guys added for the passengers in the UH-1Y! Makes sense that someone sitting in a helicopter wouldn't have a static "hands on their knees" look about them.

I can't believe I missed it, and I just wanted to show some love for this mod. You guys have been putting little touches here and there that I'm still discovering!

• Like 2

I'm looking at making a future mod compatible with RHS's M249 magazine proxies. One thing that (I think!) makes this tricky is the M249 has the ability to load STANAG magazines in an adaptor which means the mag proxy's position and rotation is set to use this STANAG adaptor. (Meaning the box mags are quite strange rotations and locations from where you might first expect them)

I don't suppose anyone knows and would be prepared to share the relative rotation and position of the softpack and boxmags from the proxy would they? It would save me a LOT of trial and error tweaking....

23 minutes ago, Steve 161st said:

I'm looking at making a future mod compatible with RHS's M249 magazine proxies. One thing that (I think!) makes this tricky is the M249 has the ability to load STANAG magazines in an adaptor which means the mag proxy's position and rotation is set to use this STANAG adaptor. (Meaning the box mags are quite strange rotations and locations from where you might first expect them)

I don't suppose anyone knows and would be prepared to share the relative rotation and position of the softpack and boxmags from the proxy would they? It would save me a LOT of trial and error tweaking....

I have in my notes somewhere from converting Toadie's original box/pouches that were aligned with the weapon model:

M249 Mags
RotX = -69.0667
Then translate
X = 0.0284
Y = 0.04472
Z = 0.049878

But I suppose it's kind of dependant on the origin of these translations, and I can't remember what the origin coordinate was

I'm looking to have the Medical M1085A1P2B (CBPS) truck with deployable medical tent as a mobile respawn point and ACE Adv. healing area when, and only when, the tent is deployed. Preferrably just inside the tent. MP Dedicated.

Any known solutions how I could make this work?