14 minutes ago, PuFu said:

Considering the fact that a single 4K texture relates to a single draw call, while 4x 2k textures (same resolution as a 2k texture) means 4 draw calls, on the long run is more efficient to have higher resolution textures than multiple smaller ones. That also allows people who have lower grade GPUs to enjoy the content at a lower detail resolution without having an immediate effect on ingame FPS, opposed to having multiple textures = 4x times more draw calls to deal with. So no, this isn't aimed for the "rich people", it is actually more efficient in terms of performance to do it this way.

_mc on a second .uv set for the painted-on markings might be an option, I guess. But it would overlay on any such 3rd party re-textures?

13 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

_mc on a second .uv set for the painted-on markings might be an option, I guess. But it would overlay on any such 3rd party re-textures?

i actually considered that when i did the texture, it is a bit more stupid to setup in SP than i thought . It would overlay on any 3rd party textures as well, yes. Might give that a try. The only downside was in regardins to normals map that i have on top of some of these "stickers"

On 3/10/2019 at 12:29 PM, da12thMonkey said:

Only the FAL/SLR is a model for RHS

For the others. Don't assume that every model made by an artist who has contributed to RHS, is intended for RHS.

We never posted either of those other images on our own social media channels - i.e. we have never announced they will be part of the mod. You simply assumed by association, that we have automatic access to them (we don't).

But the TT33 with silener- if should be a really nice if we can see it in GREIF

1 hour ago, t.g.1911 said:

But the TT33 with silener- if should be a really nice if we can see it in GREIF

grief indeed...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Since a lot of RHS aircraft do not have a warning system for heat seeker missiles I drop flares in intervals to prevent a lock-on because that is how I think it works. Although there are timed countermeasure modes what is really missing is a countermeasure mode that keeps dropping flares in 2 - 3 second intervals and can be turned on and off with a button. The countermeasure modes that are in RHS at the moment stop after a certain number of flares dropped. This isn't ideal because in the heat of the action I often forget to start it again.

Ideal would be to press the countermeasure button once to start dropping flares in 2 - 3 second intervals and turn it off by pressing the same button again. Holding the countermeasure button would burst flares as long the button is held.

Anyway, love your mod and thank you for your hard work!

10 hours ago, kibyde said:

Ideal would be to press the countermeasure button once to start dropping flares in 2 - 3 second intervals and turn it off by pressing the same button again. Holding the countermeasure button would burst flares as long the button is held.

countermeasures (chaff/flares) systems don't work like that

Hi guys, I'm curious. The U.S. Army uniform pants, are they Crye G3's? Or something that's similar? Can't seem to find pics of present day Army regulars with pants like these?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jonstyle said:

Hi guys, I'm curious. The U.S. Army uniform pants, are they Crye G3's? Or something that's similar? Can't seem to find pics of present day Army regulars with pants like these?

Those are G3's

46 minutes ago, jonstyle said:

They're Massif Army Combat pants. They were a lot more common around the time the troop models were made in like 2013 or 2014. Nowadays OCP is replacing the old OEF-CP stuff, and I'm not entirely certain if the Massif Army Combat pants are offered in OCP or even made anymore...

35 minutes ago, Jordi.M said:

Those are G3's

Nope.

• Like 4

Thanks for clearing this up! Were they not popular since they're out of production? Will have to google this🤔

The KamAZ-63968 of the VDV troops, can carry up to 16 soldiers, but in your mod, only driver and one passenger can get in, was that deliberately changed or is it wip?

21 minutes ago, FallTry45 said:

The KamAZ-63968 of the VDV troops, can carry up to 16 soldiers, but in your mod, only driver and one passenger can get in, was that deliberately changed or is it wip?

I suppose its not the cargo variant.

31 minutes ago, FallTry45 said:

It's just the BIS Tempest repair vehicle retextured to act as a prop for KamAZ-63968.

We can't give it troop transport capability because BIS didn't make it with an interior model or proxies to put passengers in it.

44 minutes ago, FallTry45 said:

it wasn't changed, it was never differently

10 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

We can't give it troop transport capability because BIS didn't make it with an interior model or proxies to put passengers in it.

I actually asked BI to provide me the model, so i can make interior for it and send it back to them, and they said no (that was 3-4 years ago).
The only other option is to make a new model ourselves, but is such a low priority

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, PuFu said:

it wasn't changed, it was never differently

Ah okay, thanks for the quick answer

For some reason it won't let me submit a ticket on the feedback tracker, so I'll post it here instead.

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/kVzhLKaojNs

(Sill processing as of posting, check back in 15 minutes if it's not there)

Image of the ticket I would've posted if it weren't for "Invalid form security token"
https://imgur.com/a/ixSFYy0

Saw in the latest Devbranch concerning FCS. Impressive work! If I can I will get the clan testing it out atraight away!

Question. How did you go through the process of fixing it? 😮

7 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Saw in the latest Devbranch concerning FCS. Impressive work! If I can I will get the clan testing it out atraight away!

Question. How did you go through the process of fixing it? 😮

Since I think about year or maybe a little bit more there are 2 issues in engine regarding MP synchronization. First is precision of user animationSources after second position after zero so very small numbers get rounded. Second is visual representation of tracks in multiplayer - damper sources have negative values if tankX is non local. Both are engine issues and affects vanilla content so maybe one day they might get fixed. As for animationSources rounding, I've multiplied all FCS animationSources by 10000 to get past that nasty rounding issue - we will see how well it works.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 12:28 PM, Redphoenix said:

To stop that shit once for all:

M24 with a rethreaded barrel can take OPSInc silencer. If you really want the M40A5 to have a supressor, model one yourself.

looks like A2,  mars,  ops inc  .. so ...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Bolec said:

looks like A2,  mars,  ops inc  .. so ...

so...more weaksauce from you. ignore list for you

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PuFu said:
-snip-

What have you done....  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

NOW THERE WILL BE MORE REQUESTS FOR OTHER STUFF!

(On the down low though, awesome! )