Is the 6B43 vest reskinable? Will you add hiddenSelections for it in the future? I can't currently apply my texture to it via config 😞

Love the dev mod, the Stryker seems like It needs to sit higher, looks to low and wide. I think if it sat higher it would fix it but that's my guess. I do have a question about saving the way the vehicle looks when it respawns ( I'll change the camo and addons on the vehicle in the editor but when the vehicle respawns it goes back to default) how do I keep the vehicle form going back to its default look when it respawns?

55 minutes ago, payne2010 said:

Love the dev mod, the Stryker seems like It needs to sit higher, looks to low and wide. I think if it sat higher it would fix it but that's my guess. I do have a question about saving the way the vehicle looks when it respawns ( I'll change the camo and addons on the vehicle in the editor but when the vehicle respawns it goes back to default) how do I keep the vehicle form going back to its default look when it respawns?

Please we do not deal with perception or subjective matters. if you feel something is wrong please investigate, measure ingame, measure in reality compare and let us know if there is a disparity. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, payne2010 said:

Seems like It needs to sit higher, looks to low and wide.

Comparison is to a LAV III rather than Stryker, but also bear in mind Stryker is about 2 tons heavier than the LAV III (in spite of the LAV's turret)

https://i.imgur.com/HlRyW0u.jpg

It's no more than a couple of inches off from the direct object-to-object comparison above, and any such difference is entirely attributable to variances in damper compression of the M113, M1126 or any other vehicle we have ingame. The model is as we said before, built to the correct dimensions.

It might look smaller ingame in comparison to photos because of various visual factors such as the height of Arma soldiers being above average (unless you're Dutch or Serbian), and FOV and camera position causing foreshortening.

But the reality is, Strykers are quite low profile compared to a lot of 8*8s like Rosomak/AMV (Arma's Marshall) and probably quite a lot smaller than you think it is.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Comparison is to a LAV III rather than Stryker, but also bear in mind Stryker is about 2 tons heavier than the LAV III (in spite of the LAV's turret)

https://i.imgur.com/HlRyW0u.jpg

It's no more than a couple of inches off from the direct object-to-object comparison above, and any such difference is entirely attributable to variances in damper compression of the M113, M1126 or any other vehicle we have ingame. The model is as we said before, built to the correct dimensions.

It might look smaller ingame in comparison to photos because of various visual factors such as the height of Arma soldiers being above average (unless you're Dutch or Serbian), and FOV and camera position causing foreshortening.

But the reality is, Strykers are quite low profile compared to a lot of 8*8s like Rosomak/AMV (Arma's Marshall) and probably quite a lot smaller than you think it is.

I have no doubt it has the correct dimensions, you guys are good at that. I also know the Stryker has a automated suspension so it can lower and raiser its self so it can fit in small spaces for transport. but in this picture (https://i.imgur.com/HlRyW0u.jpg ) looks like the tires need to move out a little. In the real picture you cant see the back fender because the tiers are even with it, but in the in game picture the tires are to far in, showing the back fender ( iOp6QsH.jpg ). Now as I said before its just my opinion, correct dimensions or not I'm just pointing out what I see!

• Like 4

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for the devbranch releases.

• Like 1

Can i ask the team when we will get full official release 0.4.9? I mean not dev-build. Don't get me wrong, i don't need concrete date. Just asking what should happen for release.

Just now, Disgusting_Man said:

Can i ask the team when we will get full official release 0.4.9? I mean not dev-build. Don't get me wrong, i don't need concrete date.

Just asking what should happen for release.

finish up all the WIP stuff that is available in dev builds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The scar (awesome actually) is in his final version or the texture will be better? From what i saw on dev, some weapons and the m4 are getting new sound??!

46 minutes ago, -Lucas said:

The scar (awesome actually) is in his final version or the texture will be better? From what i saw on dev, some weapons and the m4 are getting new sound??!

Please don't bait.

• Thanks 1

ehm what? 
I dunno what you mean, i asked two simple question.
If the questions are intrusive or violate some of your rules i'm sorry.

4 hours ago, -Lucas said:

The scar (awesome actually) is in his final version or the texture will be better?

what's wrong with the textures if you don't mind me asking? Also, define "better"

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PuFu said:

what's wrong with the textures if you don't mind me asking? Also, define "better"

The side writings and some details are not so much smooth...barely readable...

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, PuFu said:

Also, define "better"

*Laughs in Socrates*

26 minutes ago, -Lucas said:

What texture detail setting are you running?

The SCAR textures are 4k, so will only show at full res for people with Very High or Ultra settings, but might still get mip-mapped to a lower res if the game deems it necessary to re-allocated more memory to other textures.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, -Lucas said:

i suggest you switch you texture quality higher (very high/ultra). The textures for the SCAR family are 4096x4096 (a single 4K texture sheet)

edit - ninjaed

edit2 - i just checked (on a GTX1070) - on high the texture is 1k, on very high it is 2k, and on ultra is 4k.

i have high settings at 1680x1050, with some filter on, its enough to read very well the other modded weapon's writings...and the vanilla writings on all the objects, and i got it, only for ultra.

• Confused 1

the texture will be better?

details are not so much smooth...barely readable...

31 minutes ago, -Lucas said:

and i got it, only for rich people.

i tried to write something that wasn't ironic and/or vulgar, but i couldn't...so whatever...i don't make mods for people who have high end PCs, nor for the ones that have potatos either, i make them for myself.

edit: i see you made a sneaky edit right there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

ahahahah don't worry, it's all good, reporting something now is equal of being an a##hole, just cause i have normal pc, and nowhere is written a changelog about what i asked for....ty for the answer in any case...this gone too far, i was expeting a "yes" or "no", and i got "your high settings are not enough".

you did a very good job i like audio and models (i'm no one indeed so i just apreciatet your job) you just could respond without being ironic (so i replied in an ironic way).

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

So thanks for the good contents, and thanks for the answers.

19 minutes ago, kilo-bravo said:

is this guy for real? 

No i'm an ethereal presence in your mind.

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

What texture detail setting are you running?

The SCAR textures are 4k, so will only show at full res for people with Very High or Ultra settings, but might still get mip-mapped to a lower res if the game deems it necessary to re-allocated more memory to other textures.

Thanks for being clear and helpfull.

19 minutes ago, PuFu said:

i tried to write something that wasn't ironic and/or vulgar, but i couldn't...so whatever...i don't make mods for people who have high end PCs, nor for the ones that have potatos either, i make them for myself.

edit: i see you made a sneaky edit right there

sneaky or not, you do what you want, you just started hell for an information, where i repeat, a simple answer was enough, and we (simple player) have no info and we have to ask.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, -Lucas said:

Before this all gets nuked by a mod anyway, let me offer some advice...

Commenting on a free mod that you have (I assume) contributed nothing to having texture issues that you yourself are seeing is typically done in a fashion that is not along the lines of "hurr durr, do better."

Under normal circumstances, you would take your concern to their feedback board (feedback.rhsmods.org) and really you'd only do that on the finished product, not the dev build. They literally state this is not the final product. The tone in which you typed your response betrays someone that is ungrateful and critical, rather than constructive and supportive. Maybe you should look at your phrasing on your first post to see why the devs would take such issue with your comment.

But you do you, homie...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NAS_Juno said:

Before this all gets nuked by a mod anyway, let me offer some advice...

Commenting on a free mod that you have (I assume) contributed nothing to having texture issues that you yourself are seeing is typically done in a fashion that is not along the lines of "hurr durr, do better."

Under normal circumstances, you would take your concern to their feedback board (feedback.rhsmods.org) and really you'd only do that on the finished product, not the frickin dev build.

But you do you, homie...

i din't said nothing like this and i do not asked for nothing apart from info. Affirmation, request and questions are completely different things,  and da12thMonkey gave me my answer without problems. 

Just now, -Lucas said:

I'm not going to go back and forth with you on what you did or didn't say, just again, how it was probably perceived. @da12thMonkey responding to your question "without problems" does not mean your initial question wasn't "problematic."

I'll just offer this advice, @-Lucas, just be mindful and respectful with how you ask questions, bro. Maybe you don't feel like you were being rude in your post, but again, what you think you sound like and how others perceive it are two different things. 

I'm dropping this now. 

28 minutes ago, NAS_Juno said:

I'm not going to go back and forth with you on what you did or didn't say, just again, how it was probably perceived. @da12thMonkey responding to your question "without problems" does not mean your initial question wasn't "problematic."

I'll just offer this advice, @-Lucas, just be mindful and respectful with how you ask questions, bro. Maybe you don't feel like you were being rude in your post, but again, what you think you sound like and how others perceive it are two different things. 

I'm dropping this now. 

Got it. I had no malicious intentions. Have a nice Day/Night.

55 minutes ago, -Lucas said:

ahahahah don't worry, it's all good, reporting something now is equal of being an a##hole, just cause i have normal pc, and nowhere is written a changelog about what i asked for

[...] you just could respond without being ironic (so i replied in an ironic way).

a. there is no changelog (for now at least) regarding dev builds.

b. i actually wasn't being ironic in my reply, nor was i making fun and saying "your high settings are not enough". This is not the only game out there (actually most do just this) that mipmap textures to lower resolution on lower texture settings.

I was actually intrigued by what you meant because (while i always run Ultra texture resolution) couldn't get why you can't see an otherwise detailed texture i spend quite a bit of time doing.

That being said, none of the BI content bar some of the TanksDLC has 4K textures for any of the content. Most are 2k and 1k. The game is also 5 years + old and the newer generation GFX cards are a ton more capable than what was the norm back then.

Considering the fact that a single 4K texture relates to a single draw call, while 4x 2k textures (same resolution as a 2k texture) means 4 draw calls, on the long run is more efficient to have higher resolution textures than multiple smaller ones. That also allows people who have lower grade GPUs to enjoy the content at a lower detail resolution without having an immediate effect on ingame FPS, opposed to having multiple textures = 4x times more draw calls to deal with. So no, this isn't aimed for the "rich people", it is actually more efficient in terms of performance to do it this way.

50 minutes ago, NAS_Juno said:

Under normal circumstances, you would take your concern to their feedback board (feedback.rhsmods.org) and really you'd only do that on the finished product, not the dev build. 

actually we do take feedback on dev builds, that is the main purpose of releasing them. There is content that is obviously WIP (like the stryker) where we thing some of the things are obviously not ready (interior, FFV positions etc), and there is content which we consider finished (like i do with the SCAR-H, maybe minus some custom new reload animations).

That being said, please drop this subject. We, as a mod, try to keep things around the same polycount/texture count as vanilla. But as explained above, we also have a bit more room to play with both, mainly because the advances in hardware, and because we do strive to get the most of what is possible within this engine (both asset and feature wise)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2