loving the Dev build update. New plate carriers and MRDS backups 👍 also really loving that you applied the new UCP uniforms to the Army units, any chance the OCP will be updated ? KEEP IT UP MAN! you guys rock 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenin said:

any chance the OCP will be updated ?

We don't have OCP to update. Only OEFCP.

OCP requires different uniform models.

will you guys add 30rnd magz for scars/mk17? also the left hand doesn't seems fit on the mk17/scar in my POV

1 hour ago, cpt.ghost said:

will you guys add 30rnd magz for scars/mk17? ...

Why? There is no logical use for it if it even exists, as the 7.62 rounds are heavier than the rounds used by operators that are not Teamleaders/Marksman. Simple issue with weight/size where having a 30 round magazine would be unnecessarily bulky. If you look around, most DMRs or battle rifles generally only have max 20rd magazines.

Not trying to speak for RHS here, but this seems like a weird request for a super edge-case scenario that doesn't even seem to be produced by anybody.

I mean, at least ask for the 50rd X-25 drum if we're talking about more rounds. Lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NAS_Juno said:

Why? There is no logical use for it if it even exists

AFAIK there is some 30rnd SCAR mag around by a small company who do a bunch of different size polymer mags for the civilian market including 5 and 10 rounders for states that don't allow large-capacity magazines.

But as you said, it kind of contradicts the main  military usage of Mk17, and we've not seen any being used in the field. So it doesn't feel like it'd be worth the effort whatsoever. Particularly since the shape/construction of those polymer mags is a lot of modelling work compared to the regular FN steel ones.

However, the RHS SCAR's do support mag proxies, and in this case also CBA JAM magwell classnames: So it's entirely possible for other people to make such a mag instead of RHS.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

AFAIK there is some 30rnd SCAR mag around by a small company who do a bunch of different size polymer mags for the civilian market including 5 and 10 rounders for states that don't allow large-capacity magazines.

But as you said, it kind of contradicts the main  military usage of Mk17, and we've not seen any being used in the field. So it doesn't feel like it'd be worth the effort whatsoever. Particularly since the shape/construction of those polymer mags is a lot of modelling work compared to the regular FN steel ones.

However, the RHS SCAR's do support mag proxies, and in this case also CBA JAM magwell classnames: So it's entirely possible for other people to make such a mag instead of RHS.

Yeah, still so edge case, wouldn't be worth the polys.

But now that @cpt.ghost has put it out there, a 50rd drum would be quite sexy. Practicality/usage be damned. Lol

I'm just thankful for the project in its entirety. RHS could stop making new things today and it would still be more than what we ever could have asked for.

18 minutes ago, NAS_Juno said:

Yeah, still so edge case, wouldn't be worth the polys.

But now that @cpt.ghost has put it out there, a 50rd drum would be quite sexy. Practicality/usage be damned. Lol

I'm just thankful for the project in its entirety. RHS could stop making new things today and it would still be more than what we ever could have asked for.

Once Toadie2k has updated all the packs you'll be able to load the NIArms 50rnd 7.62 mags with RHS SCARs.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Once Toadie2k has updated all the packs you'll be able to load the NIArms 50rnd 7.62 mags with RHS SCARs.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THOSE!

Good sh*t. Thanks for reminding me! Lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cpt.ghost said:

will you guys add 30rnd magz for scars/mk17?

no

also the left hand doesn't seems fit on the mk17/scar in my POV

maybe at some point i'll produce some custom hand anims, for now - feedback.rhsmods.org

6 hours ago, NAS_Juno said:

weird request for a super edge-case scenario that doesn't even seem to be produced by anybody.

there are some civilian versions of 30rnd mags no one actually uses in the military anyways, besides, we don't take requests.

I mean, at least ask for the 50rd X-25 drum if we're talking about more rounds. Lol

we still don't take requests - http://www.rhsmods.org/faq

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PuFu said:

Of course. Wasn't intimating that a request should be made, just that from a logical standpoint, it wouldn't make sense. More so wishcasting on my end.

Appreciate all you do!

Would you consider adding an OEF version of the Army Combat Uniform? Thats what Army infantry is wearing right now.

Thanks love the mod!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, harveydent said:

Would you consider adding an OEF version of the Army Combat Uniform? Thats what Army infantry is wearing right now.

Thanks love the mod!

It is restricted under EULA, NO modifcations to it's textures can be made to it as per requested by the model author. the only exception is the naming tabs in hiddenselection.

3 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

It is restricted under EULA, NO modifcations to it's textures can be made to it as per requested by the model author. the only exception is the naming tabs in hiddenselection.

I think that doesn't apply to the members of the RHS team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fingolfin said:

well it does state it's restriction to 3RD PARTY, but I don't think any of them are interested in doing that and will just direct us to the FAQ xD

• Like 2

Just now, Poentis.K said:

well it does state it's restriction to 3RD PARTY, but I don't think any of them are interested in doing that and will just direct us to the FAQ xD

Probably, yes... :wink_o:

11 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

7 hours ago, fingolfin said:

since the model is made y a RHS member, exclusively for RHS. indeed, that doesn't apply to us. that said OCP would require some modifications to the existing uniform cut. It's up to @clima_x to do it or not.

PS: seems you already know your way towards FAQ, so won't link that now for you 2

Not to be that guy, because I'm aware of the RHS policy on working on that which currently has your fancy, but the FRACU deployment uniforms from the interim period before we got OCP are Multicam patterned and retain the classic ACU cut. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers and request anything, but has anyone in your crew tossed that idea on the backburner or is it completely ruled out?

1 hour ago, REFORGER88 said:

Not to be that guy, because I'm aware of the RHS policy on working on that which currently has your fancy, but the FRACU deployment uniforms from the interim period before we got OCP are Multicam patterned and retain the classic ACU cut. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers and request anything, but has anyone in your crew tossed that idea on the backburner or is it completely ruled out?

i think i previously explained this - we prefer the original authors to work on their meshes themselves, and we do respect individual desires. We also feel it is in poor tasted to re-textures or do modifications to someone else's IP, especially when that person is active, and has expressed his desire not to have this retextured for reasons mentioned above.

So unless clima-x, in this particular case, asks someone else specifically to do just that, is not gonna happen. So it is neither on a backburner, nor is it tossed aside.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PuFu said:

i think i previously explained this - we prefer the original authors to work on their meshes themselves, and we do respect individual desires. We also feel it is in poor tasted to re-textures or do modifications to someone else's IP, especially when that person is active, and has expressed his desire not to have this retextured for reasons mentioned above.

So unless clima-x, in this particular case, asks someone else specifically to do just that, is not gonna happen. So it is neither on a backburner, nor is it tossed aside.

Oh ok, I must have missed that. Sorry for rehashing that then, but I appreciate the clarification.

I've got an old OEF-CP ACU and from all indications the cut is the same as the old UCP ones like you guys already have in the pack, so they would theoretically work for those multicam ones made for ME deployments before OCP came in. and everything else you guys got is OEF-CP anyways. however, I respect the decision to not go against clima's wishes and to leave any further work with the mesh be left to the author. anyways, back before that model was forbidden from retexture I took a stab at an OEF-CP one, it was terrible lmao, almost glad I had to discard it. the only real way I can see good quality alternate textures being made for that model is with the source on-hand and doing it in SP or exporting fresh UVs or something because it really does not lend itself to reverse-engineering like some other assets. best bet is just crossing your fingers that some day clima decides to come back to it.

• Like 4

Let me know if you'd rather this goes in the feedback tracker - but are the weights of the 7.62x51  M240 boxes not significantly too light?

This might be deliberate for game play but most of RHS's weights are normally very accurate so thought this might be an oversight?

The 50rnd soft packs look about right but the 100rnd box is less than 50% heavier.

MG mags and launcher munitions have a scale factor of between 60% and 75% so that you can fit a reasonable amount of them in a vest or pack without us making specific MG/AT vests that can be abused to carry a ludicrous amount of rifle ammunition and grenades, and to stop AI lagging behind with fatigue so much while carrying completely normal amounts of MG link.

Inventory "weight" in Arma 3 doesn't really exist in terms of lbs and kg. The config property for inventory space is a value that is called "mass" but is a made up value, that attributes both the size and mass of an object to determine if it fits inside a container.

Mods that convert these values to lbs/kg are simply using an approximation. We use the same approximation for the base inventory size of objects, but have to make adjustments to certain objects because Arma's inventory capacity and fatigue system are really quite disjointed.

• Like 3

Understood - thanks for the quick reply.

It would have been nice if items had both a weight and volume statistic when the game was written!

I should also note that IIRC the 100rnd M240 mag is supposed to be configured along the lines of a 100rnd loose belt stuffed in to the gunner's gear (feeding from the assault pack or taken from a bandoleer on the vest) whereas the 50rnd mag is indeed a proper magazine pouch with the various fittings to hang it on the weapon, which add a little extra weight beyond the 50 rounds of ammunition itself. There isn't an actual 100rnd pouch/mag for the M240 IRL. Having the Arma 2 box there just looks "cleaner" than the unsatisfactory appearance loose belts have in Arma.

So the 100rnd belt is not exactly double the "mass" of the 50rnd pouch for this reason.

• Like 3

But I think the main point was it was intentional/for game play purposes so not an oversight.

And a big thanks to the whole RHS mod team. Excellent stuff! Really liking the Dev branch releases on Steam as well. (Quite excited by the new content in there too!)

• Like 1