There's a couple of different rounds for the SMAW (illum and smoke I think) which you can add to your backpack in the arsenal, yet you can't add them to the weapon or load them from your backpack.
Are they not supposed to be available or is something broken?

7 hours ago, fingolfin said:

I agree, 2014/15 is probably the watershed for the equipment currently in RHS. Afterwards EMR uniforms in a new cut and new variations were introduced and the Ratnik equipment enter service outside of some elite formations.

Just as well, Russian military equipment is currently a moving target. With Armata, Su-57, Ratnik and many other projects kicking into high gear (and, at the same time, money trouble due to economic downturn and sanctions), it's hard to say how the Russian military will end up looking like. I'd imagine it'll take them a while to both iron out the kinks in the new equipment and to find the best ways to make the most of it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

The Russian gear and uniforms are stuck in the 90s.

o'rly? is that based on what precisely? 

At the very least, the current uniform models need varients with gloves and kneepads or something.

so no kneepads and gloves = 90s

kneepads and gloves = current

yes? no comment

• Haha 8

15 hours ago, PuFu said:

o'rly? is that based on what precisely? 

so no kneepads and gloves = 90s

kneepads and gloves = current

yes? no comment

Hi, PuFu! I just wanted to ask if someone in RHS team is currently working on new russian equipment. That's all))

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Disgusting_Man said:

Hi, PuFu! I just wanted to ask if someone in RHS team is currently working on new russian equipment. That's all))

http://www.rhsmods.org/faq

ps: cause they don't need to keep replying the same text 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone experienced BMP-2 turret barrel getting stuck at maximum elevation? Had two instances in separate missions of the cannon traversing up without player control and then getting stuck. No crew was turned out at the time, i have also not yet ruled out other mod interference yet but was just curious if anyone else had even heard of the problem.

47 minutes ago, -ben- said:

Has anyone experienced BMP-2 turret barrel getting stuck at maximum elevation? Had two instances in separate missions of the cannon traversing up without player control and then getting stuck. No crew was turned out at the time, i have also not yet ruled out other mod interference yet but was just curious if anyone else had even heard of the problem.

are you sure commander didn't engaged turret override with freelook key?

Might seem a bit late to the party, but one can't commend enough the craftsmanship that went into these beautiful new assets! Congratulations on really stellar looking models 🙂

Since there is rather little info on these upgrade projects perhaps somebody knowledgable can enlighten me on the (real and simulated) differences of T-90AM and SM variants?

And will both be available with Kord and PKT-M RCWS versions?

5 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

differences of T-90AM and SM variants?

Really, the difference is that the AM version was proposed for the Russian military to improve T-90A and the SM/MS version is the version for the export market (like the T-90S model Festival has done is the export model of the T-90A that was already in the mod).

So far as the models go RHS T-90AM is in the original "Proryv-2" (Breakthrough) configuration from ~2012 and T-90SM/MS has changes that were introduced on the configuration that was demonstrated in the Middle East from 2015 and updated in 2018 at Russia's Army exhibition.

The version demonstrated to in the Middle East had some additional features like LED lights (similar to T-14), a commander's hatch that opens backwards instead of forwards, a thermal viewer for the driver, changes to the ERA layout on the hull and turret, and various other small changes.

The initial Proryv-2 version was only demonstrated with a PK-T, and the NSV-T was added late on to T-90MS after Russia identified further improvements that have lead to its own Proryv-3 configuration. Proryv-3 seems likely to be what Russia finally adopts.

What was shown of Proryv-3 in 2017 looked like a bit of a mix of parts from previous versions (no LED lights, but 2016 Kuwait hull ERA configuration) with the addition of KORD, plus a few other visible changes that don't completely match the previous two iterations. So it's difficult to say exactly what features that have been on the previous domestic demonstrators vs the export demonstrators, will carry forward in to what Russia wants the final configuration on its own tanks to be.

The vehicle shown at the Army expo in 2018 was a T-90SM/MS in a mostly similar configuration to the 2016 Kuwait demonstrator. However it was updated with NSV-T similar to the 2017 Proryv-3's KORD, but different ammo stowage for it. As such, it seems to be the latest version.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a bunch!

Much appreciated information, as well as additions to the game!

I did read on the wiki though, that the AM version would use the T-14's main gun while the export version 2M46-5 - what implications does this have both real world and in-game?

Is integrated night vision for the driver in the latter variant possible in ArmA?

Last but not least: The T-90SA (also beautiful looking model!!) will be the exact same version as the in-game T-90A or will there be slight deviations apart from the obvious one (missing Dazzlers)?

I wonder since it specified that the SA Version was obr. 2016 while the current model is obr. 2006.

Has there been any other modernisation of Vladimir tanks since 2006 other than the Proryv versions?

23 hours ago, reyhard said:

are you sure commander didn't engaged turret override with freelook key?

No, no i am not sure. As i was not aware that was a feature. I will investigate though. Thank you kind sir for the information. 🙂

3 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

Is integrated night vision for the driver in the latter variant possible in ArmA?

Yes the driver's thermal NVS on the T-90SM is functional. So are rear-view day cameras for the 2016 spec T-72B3 and T-90SA

I wonder since it specified that the SA Version was obr. 2016 while the current model is obr. 2006. 

Festival did do the original version of the T-90SA as well (i.e. pretty much T-90A without Shtora dazzlers).

The difference on the 2016 SA version is that the ERA side skirts are the same type seen on the 2016 T-72B3, and now also the T-90M variants. It also has the previously mentioned rear-view camera à la T-72B3 and a box on the back of the left track fender à la T-90M. IIRC the box houses an Auxiliary Power Unit.

T-90SA with this 2016 configuration are what was sold to Iraq recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

Thanks a bunch!

Much appreciated information, as well as additions to the game!

I did read on the wiki though, that the AM version would use the T-14's main gun while the export version 2M46-5 - what implications does this have both real world and in-game?

Last but not least: The T-90SA (also beautiful looking model!!) will be the exact same version as the in-game T-90A or will there be slight deviations apart from the obvious one (missing Dazzlers)?

Has there been any other modernisation of Vladimir tanks since 2006 other than the Proryv versions?

Nope, 2A82 gun in any subvariant can't be mounted in any legacy tank. This gun fits only T-14. It's breech is too large to mount in older vehicles turret, and also would demand very serious modifications to the hull to fit it's new autoloader, in general it would mean cutting hull sides and welding them again to make vehicle wider.

No no, neither T-90AM nor T-90SM nor T-90M can use 2A82 125mm smoothbore gun used by T-14.

scale_2400

scale_2400

As you can see such modifications would be required, this makes such modifications extremely difficult, and extremely expensive.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your response, Damian!

So to recap: AM, SM carry the same 2A46M-5 gun?

The SA obr. 2016 for instance does so as well, i reckon?

Has there been any new development in respect to the autoloader on T-90M variants, and what is to think of the new turret bustle? How well is it implemented in comparison for instance to Abrams tanks and is it any advantage in terms of e.g. crew survivability vs tanks like the Leo2?

Speaking of new features - does the SA variant use any new (i.e. updated) sensor/ sighting/ FCS equipment? In case of the M models - how did you implement the new sighting system, how will it differ from the regular A model?

So information regarding T-90M proryv-3

having a 2A82 cannon is false?... well that'a a bummer :[

The SA obr. 2016 for instance does so as well, i reckon?

No. 2A46M-5 is distinctive because it has a muzzle reference system above the barrel. This, and higher build tolerances for straightness and rigidity are undoubtedly significant parts of what accounts for T-90M's apparent improvement in the accuracy of its gun over the T-90A/T-90SA.

T-90SA lacks the new muzzle reference system, so is evidently using an older 2A46M version (IIRC 2A46M-1 and 2A46M-4 were to fit T-80's autoloader, so it's not those versions). And naturally it's not using the T-90M's Armata-derived FCS since it lacks such parts of the pointing system.

Currently though, our T-90M's sighting system doesn't significantly differ from the existing T-90A's systems, due to lack of time/availability anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

Has there been any new development in respect to the autoloader on T-90M variants, and what is to think of the new turret bustle? How well is it implemented in comparison for instance to Abrams tanks and is it any advantage in terms of e.g. crew survivability vs tanks like the Leo2?

T-90AM, T-90SM and T-90M uses AZ-185 autoloader under the turret. AZ-185 is upgraded wariant of AZ-125 used in T-72 series and it's the same one used in T-90A and T-90S. AZ-185 main upgrade is capability to use APFSDS rounds with penetrator lenght of ~740mm.

As for turret bustle, well these tanks do not have a real turret bustle, what they have is an armored box bolted to the turret rear bulkhead, for storage of some secondary main gun munitions (projectile + propelant charge). The crew does not have any access to this box from vehicle interior so to use ammunition there, they need to leave vehicle.

t-90ms_storage_box_ammunition_rear_of_th

IMG_3039+%25D0%25BA%25D0%25BE%25D0%25BF%

IMG_3041+%25D0%25BA%25D0%25BE%25D0%25BF%

Similiar in concept armored box is bolted to the rear bulkhead of the turret of BM "Oplot" tank.

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

image017.jpg

In general T-90AM, T-90SM and T-90M will have slightly better survivability in case of it's armor being pierced than Leopard 2, because in these T tanks, autoloader and secondary ammunition rack, are placed slightly lower than hull ammunition rack of the Leopard 2.

However their survivability will still be lower than that of the M1A1 and M1A2 tanks, because these have their entire ammunition for main gun, stored in isolated ammunition magazines. These magazines are isolated by thick, sliding armored doors, and have blow off panels.

Rnqnh5p.jpg
This is photo I made inside an M1A2SEPv2 (it was quiet an old example from one of the first production batches, so quiet an used tank before main overhaul), you can see two blast doors for both turret magazines, each magazine stores 18 rounds so 36 rounds in total.

MEgzeJ1.jpg
And this is hull ammunition magazines, with one of the blast doors opened, each of these magazines hold 3 rounds so 6 in total.

18 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

So information regarding T-90M proryv-3

having a 2A82 cannon is false?... well that'a a bummer :[

Yes this was a false information. T-90AM/SM and T-90M uses 2A46M-5 gun, not 2A82.

• Thanks 2

Hi,
I am currently making Stryker models and was wondering, if you have separate interior model in Bradley, or is it part of one model. I was wondering because of how it is handled when you open the rear ramp.
Thanks for answer

15 hours ago, wendaf said:

Hi,
I am currently making Stryker models and was wondering, if you have separate interior model in Bradley, or is it part of one model. I was wondering because of how it is handled when you open the rear ramp.
Thanks for answer

this belongs to a editing section - but for vehicles that you can see the insides of it when the ramp opens, there is a fully modeled interior in the direct visual lods, as well as a more detailed one (ideally) in the cargo/driver etc lods 

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 1:14 AM, da12thMonkey said:

No. 2A46M-5 is distinctive because it has a muzzle reference system above the barrel. This, and higher build tolerances for straightness and rigidity are undoubtedly significant parts of what accounts for T-90M's apparent improvement in the accuracy of its gun over the T-90A/T-90SA.

T-90SA lacks the new muzzle reference system, so is evidently using an older 2A46M version (IIRC 2A46M-1 and 2A46M-4 were to fit T-80's autoloader, so it's not those versions). And naturally it's not using the T-90M's Armata-derived FCS since it lacks such parts of the pointing system.

Currently though, our T-90M's sighting system doesn't significantly differ from the existing T-90A's systems, due to lack of time/availability anyway.

T-90, T-90A, T-90S and T-90SA uses 2A46M-2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you everyone for the insight - very much appreciated!

In regards to the ammunition storage of T-90Ms - is the "turret bustle" just a marketing ploy or what purpose does it really serve?

I would imagine that perhaps less ammunition is stored inside the vehicle; though I would argue that this makes reloading the carousel even more awkward and when that external ammunition storage is hit, not only is it gone, but the ensuing fire would pose a threat to the vehicle, especially since burning material might drip into the engine compartment. Are there any measure to prevent this?

And last but not least - how will the storage compartment be implemented in-game?

Do the new tanks come with new ammunition types?

5 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

Thank you everyone for the insight - very much appreciated!

In regards to the ammunition storage of T-90Ms - is the "turret bustle" just a marketing ploy or what purpose does it really serve?

I would imagine that perhaps less ammunition is stored inside the vehicle; though I would argue that this makes reloading the carousel even more awkward and when that external ammunition storage is hit, not only is it gone, but the ensuing fire would pose a threat to the vehicle, especially since burning material might drip into the engine compartment. Are there any measure to prevent this?

And last but not least - how will the storage compartment be implemented in-game?

Do the new tanks come with new ammunition types?

The external ammunition box was added to T-90AM/SM/M to increase vehicle survivability by moving secondary ammunition from crew compartment to safe external storage, leaving only 22 rounds in autoloader, which is safer as autoloader is quiet low and have some spall shields, altough still any direct hit there will cause catastrophic ammunition cook off. Also there is additional 8 rounds inside stored inside fuel tank.

JtWtKuu.png

As for burning material it's not a problem, if burning propelant charge is spit around vehicle it will not cause anything more than cosmetic damage, even burning fuel or napalm etc. will not cause any harm if crew hatches are closed. However flames can cause some problems, if they are sucked by engine air intakes these flames can damage some things like air filters etc. Or can be sucked by the NBC protection systems. This is why it's advised, that when possible turret should be rotated to 9 o'clock, 3 o'clock or 6 o'clock, so turret bustle is either on the side of vehicle or over front glacis plate.

So this is for example how it looks like in M1 Abrams tanks.

And here something from manual.

3Fx4NoW.jpg

As for implementing this in game, we want to have such system at one point, but do not expect it anytime soon.

In case of new ammunition, maybe, dunno.

• Thanks 4

Am I the only one who finds the Spectre Elcan optics BDC to be absolutely ridiculous. That main red dot is the size of an actual supernova. It could easily get away with being 1/5th the size it is now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Any update on the FN FAL or M16A2 for the HIDF faction in GREF?  

Would love to see the FN FAL with proper animations (not the awkward old anims from Toadie's pack)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1