21 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

7ee1750f7e.jpg
With the tease of that T-90MS, would there be a counter for it on the US side?

Let's say M1A2SEPv1 is equal to it or even slightly superior in armor protection and also optics. As for anything newer, one day perhaps, we gonna see.

To be more precise with ERA counted in, T-90MS is equal in protection to our M1A2SEPv1.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Okay maybe not the barrel mounting optics. But you can already attach your rail stuff. Flash and IR i think.

On 08/11/2018 at 1:23 PM, Damian90 said:

Let's say M1A2SEPv1 is equal to it or even slightly superior in armor protection and also optics. As for anything newer, one day perhaps, we gonna see.

To be more precise with ERA counted in, T-90MS is equal in protection to our M1A2SEPv1.

Hope to see M1A2 SEPv2 coming too, with a good CITV / CROWS and hunter-killer / override feature  :don13:

• Like 2

What is this hunter killer/override you speak of? - I googled it 

2 hours ago, kgb613 said:

Hope to see M1A2 SEPv2 coming too, with a good CITV / CROWS and hunter-killer / override feature  :don13:

pretty sure hunter/killer is impossible in arma

3 hours ago, sargken said:

I think he means the Commander´s ability to override the gunner´s turret control.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sargken said:

Hunter-Killer is a description of the armored fighting vehicle crew working process in which there is constant loop of actively seeking targets, identifying them and engaging. However not all vehicles are capable of Hunter-Killer, such capability have only vehicles with mostly digital fire control systems, very good optics, especially commander needs some sort of stabilized panoramic sight, and of course vehicle needs the commander override capability, so commander can either quickly designate target for gunner, or take complete control over vehicles main armament and engage target himself.

This is probably the simplest description of Hunter-Killer I can come up with.

14 hours ago, charlie1210 said:

pretty sure hunter/killer is impossible in arma

Not exactly, it is possible to some degree. Heck in a sorts it's allready in vanilla game, where you can designate targets for gunner, of course it's simplified. Besides Reyhard allready implemented TC override for some RHS vehicles, tough it's a slow process. ;)

• Like 7

On 5/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, reyhard said:

There are some PiP scopes in RHS mode already - namely M150 ACOG &  M145 Elcan. You can switch it on in RHS Game Options by setting Optics Preference to PiP. As far as I know, this mod is using modified version of RHS scripts which I gave permission to modify https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aYAiIqAtLhHd2_Yf82uIhG8mghSsgfgwDsBZmo_rvlo/edit

As for introducing new optics, after evaluating how it works in Arma, there are some limitations which makes that solution not worth investing more time since there are more pressing issues.

Dear @reyhard ,

I respect your opinion and decision, and I won't insist you on implementing this in RHS. 

I guess the creator of that PIP scope has to go Solo then.

best of luck

- Best Sniper Simulator-

p.s.:

In the video below, I'm testing that PIP Scope. I put the Scope on your M40A5 rifle & shoot some M118LR ammo. And yes I'm running ACE3 Advanced Ballistics. And I don't see any problem at all with this PIP technology :/ It looks really good & It works really damn awesome even with ACE3 Advanced Ballistics. With this scope and your rifle, I can land dozens of long range shots without any issue at all. I can even hit 1000 yard target flawlessly. Well perhaps PIP Scope is not really that bad after all ;) cheers mate!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Best Sniper Simulator said:

Dear @reyhard ,

I respect your opinion and decision, and I won't insist you on implementing this in RHS. 

best of luck

- Best Sniper Simulator-

p.s.:

In the video below, I'm testing that PIP Scope. I put the Scope on your M40A5 rifle & shoot some M118LR ammo. And yes I'm running ACE3 Advanced Ballistics. And I don't see any problem at all with this PIP technology :/ It looks really good & It works really damn awesome even with ACE3 Advanced Ballistics. With this scope and your rifle, I can land dozens of long range shots without any issue at all. I can even hit 1000 yard target flawlessly. Well perhaps PIP Scope is not really that bad after all ;) cheers mate!

Its really cool, but screws those of us who run sli...I def prefer rhs’s 2d options.

If bi could fix its sli compatibility issues it would be awesome

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but would dual rendered scopes have twice the performance hit of normal PIP scopes?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 10:42 AM, Damian90 said:

Not exactly, it is possible to some degree. Heck in a sorts it's allready in vanilla game, where you can designate targets for gunner, of course it's simplified. Besides Reyhard allready implemented TC override for some RHS vehicles, tough it's a slow process. ;)

wait WHAT?

I must have missed something, definitely never knew about this. Must have been a nightmare to figure out

3 hours ago, charlie1210 said:

wait WHAT?

I must have missed something, definitely never knew about this. Must have been a nightmare to figure out

The "Shtora" system on the T-90, which has the capability from the commander seat to put it into automatic mode, where you can make it so upon a laser rangefinder hitting the tank, the turret, even if there is someone in the gunner seat, automatically slews in that direction, or in semi-automatic mode where you hit a button and it slews in that direction upon a laser warning. I'm not sure how technically feasible a "hunter-killer" program would be, but if the Shtora system is any indication of it's technical feasibility, I'll leave that up to more knowledgeable people in here.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2018 at 11:23 PM, t.g.1911 said:

that’s because i have not figured out a way to do that without duplicating some textures/materials across from afrf to usaf. i’d rather not use hasOptics on that second ring either, that will be visible as soon as it has any sort of scope, forward mounted or not

On 11/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Best Sniper Simulator said:

Dear @reyhard ,

best of luck

- Best Sniper Simulator-

there are too many drawbacks to pip (including max possible render resolution) to worth the extra time.

the issues might be less obvious @1080, but for higher res and non 16/9 format it’s starring in your face(i run a 21/9 3440x1440 screen for instance)

edit - as the mod seems to be working just fine in conjunction with RHS, why don't you just use it this way.

• Like 1

Are you considering the possibility to use CBA?
For example with CBA you can do more adequate work Eotech with G33 or another weapon attachments (switch between AN\PEQ and flashlight, for example) without current crutches.

Cheers.

• Like 8

Just now, Ulmann said:

For example with CBA you can do more adequate work Eotech with G33 or another weapon attachments (switch between AN\PEQ and flashlight, for example) without current crutches.

Cheers.

From the moderators the last time this topic was flooded/spammed by CBA requests:

On 5/28/2015 at 10:54 AM, R0adki11 said:

Off topic posts removed, this thread is for RHS only.

If you wanna talk about CBA, there is a thread.

If you want to talk about ACE there is also a thread

Any further deviation will result in the appropriate punishment.:thumb:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2018 at 9:32 PM, Ulmann said:

i have answered this before:
NO - we have no control over CBA development, and we'd like to to keep RHS dependency free.

i have no idea what you mean by "crutches" here btw

If I may ask is it possible to limit how many rounds of main gun ammo on the ah-64? As I want a more realistic round count on the main gun 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kenta Panda said:

If I may ask is it possible to limit how many rounds of main gun ammo on the ah-64? As I want a more realistic round count on the main gun 

yeah sure, just learn to use the editor and/or the available scripting commands - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_3:_New_Scripting_Commands_List

2 hours ago, Polyus said:

I thought the Russians weren't adopting the T-90MS?

I think I made an error and it may be just be a T-90AM..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kenta Panda said:

As a matter of fact, the AH-64 actually does carry 1200 rounds for its main gun. It is a very large amount, but that's exactly what you get on the real thing. 30x113 is fairly short (for a 30mm round) and the shell casing isn't that much larger in diameter than the bullet itself, so you can cram a lot of them into a small space.

If you still want to adjust I recall there being an "ammunition" slider somewhere in the unit attributes. That said, I don't know how it interacts with dynamic loadouts, you might end up with some missiles gone, as well.

• Like 1