5 hours ago, Harzach said:

I said that I have tried every key command related to weapon switching. The F key is the default bind for "Next Weapon." How is that confusing?
It works perfectly fine for switching fire modes on rifles and switching weapons in tanks/IFVs/etc. It does not work (for me) for switching weapons in the GAZ Tigr. I have not rebound the key command and my install is valid.
Thank you for your kind attention.                                       

Perhaps try vanilla with RHS only, if this does not work, reinstall.

I gonna test it in our internal version to see if everything is ok.

Update:

Tested our latest internal version, and Tigr weapons seems working ok, I can switch without problems using F between PKM and AGS.

Strange that you can't, again, try without any other mods, and if it still happens, reinstall RHS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damian90 said:

Strange that you can't

OK, turns out that I had to manually delete all AFRF files - no combination of unsub/restart/resub was removing it fully (the "reinstall" would take all of five seconds). Not sure what went wrong but it appears to be working now.

2 hours ago, Harzach said:

OK, turns out that I had to manually delete all AFRF files - no combination of unsub/restart/resub was removing it fully (the "reinstall" would take all of five seconds). Not sure what went wrong but it appears to be working now.

sometimes steam just sucks at content delivery and files get corrupted. the most minute hiccup can fuck up a lot of different things. I can't tell you how many time's I've downloaded a full game through steam and it's had missing meshes or textures all over the place forcing me to reinstall.

just a general feedback to RHS team regarding the night visions. Their view are is unfortunately to tight. I know it makes them look realistic but problem is, it makes not possible to see the CTAB, Sensors, or STHUD. It makes bigger issues by pilots than infantry as they cannot see them to orient themselves on the field. Is there any possibility to have wide view area versions for RHS NV Scopes ?

55 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

just a general feedback to RHS team regarding the night visions. Their view are is unfortunately to tight. I know it makes them look realistic but problem is, it makes not possible to see the CTAB, Sensors, or STHUD. It makes bigger issues by pilots than infantry as they cannot see them to orient themselves on the field. Is there any possibility to have wide view area versions for RHS NV Scopes ?

As the Arma helicopters pilot I have not a problem with NVG and any staff of  equipment when I fly and think that this view is allright. Nothing to change.

do you use sensors and CTAB? If yes send me a screenshot please when you fly in darkness with the NVG on. Ofcourse if you set your gamma totaly off from how it should be, then you might not see any issues

this is no NVG

http://prntscr.com/lc8s3p

This is with NVG

http://prntscr.com/lc8scq

so sensors are not visible, ctab is hard to see and almost imposible to notice the markers on map

On our group 7WEDS everyone fly with CTab and sensors, it is not easy but we flying. Sometime if situation is critical, can help You zoom view, try.

check the pictures above and show me yours. NVGs are used to make things visible right? So flying blind with NVG sounds weird to me

1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

hmm thanks for that. Yes ACE was installed and I didn't know it was effecting the RHS NVGs :/

for the Nth time, and this is not related to you only - please do NOT post about bugs/changes etc related to RHS, unless you actually tried the said bugs without any other mod loaded but RHS.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Could someone explain how to change the lettering on the tail rotor of a helicopter? I'd like to use the Horizon Island Defense Force texture from GREF on a UH-1H, but put the US Army decal on the tail. I read the Decals module page on the RHSmods.org wiki, but they only seem to cover decals and license plates.

There are some green US Army textures for the UH-1 already available in GREF. They're selectable through the heli's Attributes menu

Otherwise you'd need to change the decal _ca with e.g.

_vehicle setobjecttexture [3,"rhsgref\addons\rhsgref_air\uh1h\data\decals\uh1h_us_decals_ca.paa"]

Bear in mind, the roundels are painted on to the base texture of some of the HIDF paint schemes

Noticed that ak74 kills from one shot to the knee but akm doesn't. Is it intended or a bug?

1 hour ago, b3lx said:

Noticed that ak74 kills from one shot to the knee but akm doesn't. Is it intended or a bug?

feedback.rhsmods.org

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, b3lx said:

There are so many rounds that you could use so it's hard to tell whether it's bug or intended situation

Is there a way to see the steering point either by MFDs or HUD of RHS air vehicles if server has hard difficulty settings? 

Dear Red Hammer Studio devs,

I just stumbled upon this beatiful PiP Scope video and now I'm wondering if you guys are interested in implementing this PiP Scope into your mod. Please consider having this kind of scope in your mod. It would be tremendously great to use this PiP Scope for realistic long range shooting in this Milsim. Without any doubt, PiP Scope is the future of ARMA. Other shooter games already successfully adopted dual render scope. Now imho it's time for us to do the same.

So I humbly suggest you to contact the scope maker and involve him in your project. 

So what's your thought on this?

Many thanks!

-Best Sniper Simulator- 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Best Sniper Simulator said:

Dear Red Hammer Studio devs,

I just stumbled upon this beatiful PiP Scope video and now I'm wondering if you guys are interested in implementing this PiP Scope into your mod. Please consider having this kind of scope in your mod. It would be tremendously great to use this PiP Scope for realistic long range shooting in this Milsim. Without any doubt, PiP Scope is the future of ARMA. Other shooter games already successfully adopted dual render scope. Now imho it's time for us to do the same.

So I humbly suggest you to contact the scope maker and involve him in your project. 

So what's your thought on this?

Many thanks!

-Best Sniper Simulator- 

There are some PiP scopes in RHS mode already - namely M150 ACOG &  M145 Elcan. You can switch it on in RHS Game Options by setting Optics Preference to PiP. As far as I know, this mod is using modified version of RHS scripts which I gave permission to modify https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aYAiIqAtLhHd2_Yf82uIhG8mghSsgfgwDsBZmo_rvlo/edit

As for introducing new optics, after evaluating how it works in Arma, there are some limitations which makes that solution not worth investing more time since there are more pressing issues.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi RHS team.  I love your mod and want to thank you for all the hard work.  I especially like the  pump shotguns.  Are there plans to add reload sound FX for the shotguns?

In a mission I just released (Last Tango in Tanoa 2: Razing Cane), your shotguns are used to hunt flying birds (works great...just like shooting pheasants).  I also scripted destroying small bushes, sugar cane, and thin palm trees when they are hit with buckshot at close range.  This makes CQB with shotguns in dense jungle or cane fields really fun.  Thanks again for the pump shotguns!

• Like 3

7ee1750f7e.jpg
With the tease of that T-90MS, would there be a counter for it on the US side?

Edited by Poentis.K
the word assuming was offensive.

11 minutes ago, Poentis.K said:

should we as fans assume

Ever heard the proverb:

When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me?

?

Don't make assumptions. Fan or not

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Spoiler

PuFu, the Val and VSS with barrel mounts, it`s still on work?