4 hours ago, ballistic09 said:

It's the US Military's standard issue stock for the M249

Also for the Mk46 and Mk48 Mod 1s

cmtyokdl.jpg

Any US Minimi variants that previously had a solid buttstock or the Savit stock, has most likely had the stock replaced with the new type of collapsible stock by now

• Like 2

12 hours ago, reconteam said:

In my humble opinion the Marines should find a good higher capacity magazine for the M27 IAR when it's actually used in its intended role. Yet last I saw they were trying to make the M27 the standard issue rifle which may have been their plan all along.

M27 doctrine isn't the same as M249 doctrine and they don't get to use them like M249s. right now, M27s are still used to suppress and cover fire, but in a more conservative and deliberate way than just pouring lead downrange in the enemy's general direction like with the M249. almost like a designated marksman role with full-auto capability and a smaller cartridge. so really the 30 round mag does fit its intended role. 50, 60, and 100 round mags are harder to transport and exponentially less reliable as far as feeding and durability goes, they've been evaluated but deemed not really worth it. but yes, you're correct, all in all it was just a ploy to get every Marine a 416. the direction they're going is commonality across all rifles in the squad, the differences are in how the rifles are used and how the rifles are configured, ie. the SDM gets a rifle scope, suppressor, and bipod, AR gets the SDO and a bipod, other guys get RCOs. not unlike how vanilla NATO is with their MX rifles.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Can someone give me some tips how to use AGM-114K with modes except lock on before  launch? I am not able to hit any target if I use other modes than this one although the direction which I fire is directly towards target and target is lased

For anybody who has the same question, I found the magic words in google which lead me to here :)

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/ah64d

Note that aside from the (undoubtedly useful) info to launch from outside 1km, this is very much not the "tips how to use AGM-114K". The wiki page is a somewhat lacking systems description, not a manual. It tells you what the modes do, more or less, but nothing on how to actually employ them in combat.

I haven't played in quite a while, TBH, but I can say that the other modes are standoff - you're best off firing from well outside 1km. They should be able to get over hills, so if you've got a rough bearing on where your target is and have someone to lase it, you can launch without exposing yourself (or at least, that's how it works IRL). 

9 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

M27 doctrine isn't the same as M249 doctrine and they don't get to use them like M249s. right now, M27s are still used to suppress and cover fire, but in a more conservative and deliberate way than just pouring lead downrange in the enemy's general direction like with the M249. almost like a designated marksman role with full-auto capability and a smaller cartridge. so really the 30 round mag does fit its intended role. 50, 60, and 100 round mags are harder to transport and exponentially less reliable as far as feeding and durability goes, they've been evaluated but deemed not really worth it. but yes, you're correct, all in all it was just a ploy to get every Marine a 416. the direction they're going is commonality across all rifles in the squad, the differences are in how the rifles are used and how the rifles are configured, ie. the SDM gets a rifle scope, suppressor, and bipod, AR gets the SDO and a bipod, other guys get RCOs. not unlike how vanilla NATO is with their MX rifles.

I understand the idea but it doesn't seem to be a huge improvement over the days when one guy in the squad would be given what was basically an M16A1 with a bipod slapped on it and told to fire on automatic more often. Several of the other contenders in the IAR competition were more suited to use as an automatic rifle. One had a feature that would automatically switch from closed-bolt to open-bolt operation if the weapon got too hot for example. The fact that they went with the HK416 derivative always suggested to me that they were also shopping for something they hoped would also replace the M4/M16. Good luck getting that past Congress though.

I wouldn't expect an IAR gunner to carry only larger magazines but I still think a number of them would be useful for situations where the IAR has to serve as a base of fire for a fireteam or squad. A quad-stack design would theoretically fit in the same pouch as two 30 round magazines. I've heard that 60 round Magpul drum is also reliable but drum magazines are inherently rather cumbersome as you've said. Really it's just an item I would have expected the Marine Corps to put out a request for, get all of the civilian vendors to offer what they can come up with, and hopefully choose one if it works well enough.

Do Russian automatic riflemen with RPK-74  carry only the larger 45 magazines or do they carry a mix of those and standard 30 round ones?

SDM is the new M38 right which is really just a M27 with some different accessories? I don't know why they gave it a new designation. Then again nothing seems to use designation system by the book these days. M38, F-35, B-21, etc.

17 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Also for the Mk46 and Mk48 Mod 1s

Any US Minimi variants that previously had a solid buttstock or the Savit stock, has most likely had the stock replaced with the new type of collapsible stock by now

So wait they even got rid of the original Savit stock for the smaller Lima version Savit stock? :O.. well that's a shocker.

I just saw "Sparky Was Wrong" on the barrel of an M1A2 Abrams. Is that a reference to the same crazy M113-obsessed Mike Sparks I'm thinking of?

2 hours ago, reconteam said:

I just saw "Sparky Was Wrong" on the barrel of an M1A2 Abrams. Is that a reference to the same crazy M113-obsessed Mike Sparks I'm thinking of?

Yes, a lot of people in tankers or soldiers communities that are close to subject of AFV's are making jokes from this nutcase all around the world. ;)

Ah, combatreform, right every once in a while, one not-terrible idea here and there, usually so hilariously wrong

Does anyone have a template for the ACU rank, name and patch? Maybe someone has already been through the pain of creating this?

On 2018-10-20 at 5:37 PM, Belbo said:

You mean like the ones right here? http://www.rhsmods.org/w/acu

Thanks but no. I mean a high quality one with matching UCP tape and correct franklin gothic text, preferably editable in .psd (tga etc. or similar) file. When I make it the colour is always a bit off and the text could look slightly better. It's nothing big but noticable to some so I thought I'd ask. Shadows don't function with it for me so that could be why though. 

So I was poking around on the workshop today and came across the NIA arms MP5 mod. I noticed the textures have had a recent facelift that is very “RHS-like” lol was this a one off collaboration or would I be correct in my belief that there may be the addition of MP5s in the future?

1 hour ago, broduz said:

I noticed the textures have had a recent facelift that is very “RHS-like” lol was this a one off collaboration or would I be correct in my belief that there may be the addition of MP5s in the future?

I'm afraid your immagination is running away with you here

Nobody involved with RHS development other than toadie2k, has worked on the NIA MP5 pack. There are no plans for MP5s in RHS

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

I'm afraid your immagination is running away with you here

Nobody involved with RHS development other than toadie2k, has worked on the NIA MP5 pack. There are no plans for MP5s in RHS

Ahh I see lol Well hats off to toadie2k for his awesome signature style! 

As for the other news..... well darn 

On 10/21/2018 at 10:04 PM, Greensnack said:

Hey I submitted an issue I have. I haven't seen any other instances of this being reported.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=4698

Is this largely to allow for the use of the iron sights on the svdm as a back up?

You have your reply on the same platform.

9 hours ago, Spatsiba said:

Thanks but no. I mean a high quality one with matching UCP tape and correct franklin gothic text, preferably editable in .psd (tga etc. or similar) file. When I make it the colour is always a bit off and the text could look slightly better. It's nothing big but noticable to some so I thought I'd ask. Shadows don't function with it for me so that could be why though. 

i think it should be easy enough to do with some low level PS skills to be honest. (.TGA is not an editable file btw)

4 hours ago, broduz said:

As for the other news..... well darn 

there is little reason to include a weapon platform that was/is being phased out from the US military.

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

there is little reason to include a weapon platform that was/is being phased out from the US military.

• Haha 3

Heya, I might be dumb.

In the GAZ Tigr, how do I switch between the PKM and the AGS-30?

4 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Heya, I might be dumb.

In the GAZ Tigr, how do I switch between the PKM and the AGS-30?

F

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

F

I should mention that I have tried every key command related to weapon switching. No other mods loaded.

23 hours ago, Harzach said:

I should mention that I have tried every key command related to weapon switching. No other mods loaded.

I'm quite sure that Redphoenix meant the F key :P

9 minutes ago, canadian1337 said:

I'm quite sure that Redphoenix meant the F key :P

I am fully aware. Not sure why you would think otherwise.

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

I am fully aware. Not sure why you would think otherwise.

because thats your solution right there and there was no need to say anything further, your follow up seemed as though you were not understanding the solution given to you. if pressing F key doesnt work you've probably rebound the firemode switch key, or your install is corrupt, which are both things that arent their problem. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

because thats your solution right there and there was no need to say anything further, your follow up seemed as though you were not understanding the solution given to you. if pressing F key doesnt work you've probably rebound the firemode switch key, or your install is corrupt, which are both things that arent their problem. 

I said that I have tried every key command related to weapon switching. The F key is the default bind for "Next Weapon." How is that confusing?
It works perfectly fine for switching fire modes on rifles and switching weapons in tanks/IFVs/etc. It does not work (for me) for switching weapons in the GAZ Tigr. I have not rebound the key command and my install is valid.
Thank you for your kind attention.