46 minutes ago, sputnik monroe said:

EDIT 2: Do the stingers have a maximum lock range? I cannot get a lock cursor at 2Km?

Locking range against targets with terrain behind them is much shorter than against targets with clear sky behind them

With sky background, it should be able to lock ~6.5km

6 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Locking range against targets with terrain behind them is much shorter than against targets with clear sky behind them

With sky background, it should be able to lock ~6.5km

Wow, I never knew that, I guess that's to simulate how there's thermal background?

Now, 3D modeling of IAV Stryker has been released. If you are an addon and will be in the next update, will there be various types of vehicles as well as basic models?

For example, the MGS system with a 105mm gun, or a 30mm low-pressure cannon deployed in the field, or a low-level anti-aircraft armored vehicle that is currently being tested by the US Army.

https://breakingdefense.com/2016/10/army-rolls-out-upgunned-stryker-30m-autocannon-vs-russians/

https://breakingdefense.com/2017/08/laser-in-front-grunts-in-back-boeing-offers-anti-aircraft-vehicles/

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, SUNDRYH said:

Now, 3D modeling of IAV Stryker has been released.

what?

2 hours ago, SUNDRYH said:

If you are an addon and will be in the next update

who's an addon? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, PuFu said:

what?

who's an addon? 

If a Stryker vehicle is built, I will tell you about the derivation of the armored car. Last time I saw Stryker modeling in the rhs forum. Am I mistaken?

38 minutes ago, SUNDRYH said:

If a Stryker vehicle is built, I will tell you about the derivation of the armored car.

very thoughtful of you, thanks, but not needed.

38 minutes ago, SUNDRYH said:

Last time I saw Stryker modeling in the rhs forum.

rhs doesn't have a forum of its own

• Like 2

Ah, one more thing. Now, we can see a Stinger portable ground-to-air missile on AH-6M Little Bird helicopter arsenal (ATAS) at the time of the change of Pylon.  Currently, no matter how many times you press the rock-on key, R-key or T-key,  l can't lock-on to enemy planes or helicopters.

I'd appreciate it if you could fix the pictures and videos together. (I am Korean so I can see Hangul.)

https://imgur.com/a/9myBU1v

https://imgur.com/a/er2mCTB

https://imgur.com/a/0Thgza1

5 hours ago, SUNDRYH said:

I'd appreciate it if you could fix the pictures and videos together.

i'd appreciate if you'd use feedback.rhsmods.org and create a ticket on the matter.
there is nothing wrong with your pictures or video btw, not sure hwy you'd want these fixed.

5 hours ago, SUNDRYH said:

I am Korean so I can see Hangul.

no idea what you are talking about...who is Hangul? is he the mentioned addon?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SUNDRYH said:

I'd appreciate it if you could fix the pictures and videos together. (I am Korean so I can see Hangul.)

I am afraid we can not understand your messages. It is hard to answer. Could you ask a friend to write them for you? Thank you :smile_o:

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, PuFu said:

i'd appreciate if you'd use feedback.rhsmods.org and create a ticket on the matter.
there is nothing wrong with your pictures or video btw, not sure hwy you'd want these fixed.

no idea what you are talking about...who is Hangul? is he the mentioned addon?

Hangul is the Korean Alphabet.

Dumb question, is there any way to enable third person gunner cross-hairs on the M1 Abrams? I've been trying to find a way to enable cross-hairs but I'm not having any luck. Reason I'm asking is that I'm making a world of tanks like scenario where you mostly play third person save for scoped aiming.

I tend to keep a list of minor bugs and errors I encounter in ArmA 3 mods. Most of it is really minor stuff but if using your website should I create a ticket for each individual issue? Stuff like some variants of the M249 SAW missing the gas regulator or whatever that is on the end of the gas tube.

I know you guys don't really like suggestions for content or improvements being made here but I can't resist one suggestion in case in case nobody on your team had thought of it. Now that we've got the capability to show different mag types visually on small arms would you guys consider adding the Surefire 5.56mm 60 round quad-stack magazine? It would definitely be useful on the M27 IAR for example. Also more practical an accessory than the "tac-sac" grip which was worth a laugh the first time I saw it.

Anyway keep up the great work. You guys do such good content that I'm only left wishing the US Army would hurry up and field some new variants of their primary AFVs or new ones altogether so I can eventually mess around with them in ArmA 3.

Oh BTW da12thMonkey what sort of M4 variant is that in your signature?

On 09/10/2018 at 4:43 PM, SUNDRYH said:

Ah, one more thing. Now, we can see a Stinger portable ground-to-air missile on AH-6M Little Bird helicopter arsenal (ATAS) at the time of the change of Pylon.  Currently, no matter how many times you press the rock-on key, R-key or T-key,  l can't lock-on to enemy planes or helicopters.

https://imgur.com/a/9myBU1v

https://imgur.com/a/er2mCTB

https://imgur.com/a/0Thgza1

Hello, what is the name of the custom mounted Mod in the first picture?

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-

Ace pylons interface. Makes Pylons changeable via Zeus or by Players provided the CBA settings allow for it.

12 hours ago, reconteam said:

Stuff like some variants of the M249 SAW missing the gas regulator or whatever that is on the end of the gas tube.

Oh BTW da12thMonkey what sort of M4 variant is that in your signature?

Modern M249 barrel assemblies don't have an adjustable gas regulator. Which is why it's only on the oldest M249 variants in the mod.

And the picture is an L129A1, not an M4 variant

Speaking of the M249s, there will be a couple of additional modernised variants in future:

A version of the classic solid-stock M249 PIP with RIS, and support for grips

bM4uEZgl.png

And I whipped up a new buttstock

uMH3ccdl.png

mDgsH5Xl.png

Might spot something else in the last image too

• Like 14

12 hours ago, reconteam said:

Most of it is really minor stuff but if using your website should I create a ticket for each individual issue? 

yes, a single ticket per issue please.

Now that we've got the capability to show different mag types visually on small arms would you guys consider adding the Surefire 5.56mm 60 round quad-stack magazine? It would definitely be useful on the M27 IAR for example.

if ever, low priority. m27 IAR is only fielded with 30round stanag mags. that being said, indeed now there is a reason to make more magazine variants (that make sense)

Also more practical an accessory than the "tac-sac" grip which was worth a laugh the first time I saw it.

tac sacks weren't made by RHS, but we found it funny enough so to get them in

3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Might spot something else in the last image too

An M16a4 with an adjustable stock, neat!

Still no a2 though.:hehe:

11 minutes ago, b00ce said:

An M16a4 with an adjustable stock, neat!

Yup

We had a discussion about collapsible stocks on M16A4s a while back and found that before the USMC opted to switch to wider use of M4A1s they were considering an M16A4 PIP with VLTOR EMOD or IMOD stocks.

The PIP didn't go through Cops-wide, but intermediately armourers were given authorisation to field modify M16s with collapsible buttstocks and some opted to do so on deployment

@toadie2k made a superb IMOD stock for the NIA HK416 pack, so I asked to use that in order to create something similar

lUmqO4Il.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

And I whipped up a new buttstock

e4c9ed33eb.jpg

Love the lighter color metal on that M249L!
I'm going to assume there's also a retexturing and buttstock remodelling of a M240L As well? :)

33 minutes ago, Poentis.K said:

I'm going to assume there's also a retexturing and buttstock remodelling of a M240L As well? :)

No. The M240L isn't just a new stock and receiver. It has a trigger group and barrel assembly (both long and short) that are completely different to the M240B. So there is a lot more to model to make those (also depending if we wanted the new adjustable bipod).

I could do just the stock for an updated M240B (the collapsible one is used on the M240B and M240L nowadays). However, it doesn't make sense to do just the stock adapter when down the line, I will need to pack the new stock stuff along with all the M240L parts on a single texture panel for the sake of section efficiency.

There's something else that I've had sitting in my Maya binaries for months, that I need to finish modelling before I'll consider looking at doing any M240L parts.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

No. The M240L isn't just a new stock and receiver. It has a trigger group and barrel assembly (both long and short) that are completely different to the M240B. So there is a lot more to model to make those (also depending if we wanted the new adjustable bipod).

I could do just the stock for an updated M240B (the collapsible one is used on the M240B and M240L nowadays). However, it doesn't make sense to do just the stock adapter when down the line, I will need to pack the new stock stuff along with all the M240L parts on a single texture panel for the sake of section efficiency.

There's something else that I've had sitting in my Maya binaries for months, that I need to finish modelling before I'll consider looking at doing any M240L parts.

the shorter barrel i knew that was different, but trigger group and a new adjustable bipod I didn't realized!
Also can't wait to see what project you're actually doing before trying to start the process of an M240L.

I have another question that is kind of a shot in the dark and to help clarify for myself. We all know that all the models in-game are detailed to be realistic as possible (to that end I see few idiots commenting you guys take forever), but I'm also going to obviously assume this is to make sure they are still usable in the far future as well yes? Same with how some models went from Arma 2 to 3, it will be used for whatever future Arma game there is?

Edited by Poentis.K
wanted to ask one more question.

5 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

We all know that all the models in-game are detailed to be realistic as possible (to that end I see few idiots commenting you guys take forever)

few do understand that this is a hobby, the average age in RHS is around 27-30, we all have studies, jobs, families, other hobbies etc (in short real life responsibilities). also a ton of people do not understand the amount of time things take to make things properly

5 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

but I'm also going to obviously assume this is to make sure they are still usable in the far future as well yes? Same with how some models went from Arma 2 to 3, it will be used for whatever future Arma game there is?

i cannot speak for anyone else, but in general most of the new content is made future proof yes. Will some of it need to be redone/improved/enhanced by the time some future arma game is released, in a couple of years time? Maybe, but there is a reason i keep my work files, and i keep my raw data, especially since it is done in using current industries standards software and workflow. And believe me, when it comes to assets porting some of it over is the easy part, all the advanced systems reyhard makes (which is, for the most part - black magic to me), depending on engine would most likely need to be redone from scratch.

and since it is picture time, much thanks for the time monkey put into helping me inject these:

scarH_jung2.png

kobreScar.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

few do understand that this is a hobby, the average age in RHS is around 27-30, we all have studies, jobs, families, other hobbies etc (in short real life responsibilities). also a ton of people do not understand the amount of time things take to make things properly.
I cannot speak for anyone else, but in general most of the new content is made future proof yes. Will some of it need to be redone/improved/enhanced by the time some future arma game is released, in a couple of years time? Maybe, but there is a reason i keep my work files, and i keep my raw data, especially since it is done in using current industries standards software and workflow. And believe me, when it comes to assets porting some of it over is the easy part, all the advanced systems reyhard makes (which is, for the most part - black magic to me), depending on engine would most likely need to be redone from scratch.

Thank you for the valuable and informative response! and an extra bonus for all to see!! <3