1 hour ago, reyhard said:

It could be done at some point but it would require two things:
* New reload animations

* Script executed on "reloaded" event handler - it would handle state of ammo between two magazines. There are plenty of scenarios to handle there (reload between two magazine when one is fully empty, partially empty or reload to different magazine) so it might take some to develop & then polish it.

It would require some to create something like that & since I would i.e. prefer to spend time on missing reload animations for Garand, PKM/PKP or M240 you might guess that such task is rather low priority

Would you consider reducing the weight until such a system is implemented (if ever)? Now the taped magazines are just heavier but have the same ammo count and are actually a disadvantage besides looking cool.

2 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Would you consider reducing the weight until such a system is implemented (if ever)? Now the taped magazines are just heavier but have the same ammo count and are actually a disadvantage besides looking cool.

Right now those 2 mags have mass of 1 full mag + 1 empty mag so I think it's quite fair deal.  Later it might get increased to mass of 2 full mags

On 20.9.2018 at 11:28 PM, da12thMonkey said:

RHS_ENGINE_STARTUP_OFF = true;

Hey which file is this? I can't find it. Thank you for any help:)

I haven't played arma in a bit, but I think it either goes in unit init in editor or it's in the rhs settings in the esc menu.

What is actually with the development blog, RHS wikipedia etc. on the homepage? Will it be updated?

Hello guys, 

How do you activate the Shtora system in the T-90 tank? It seems gone from the action menu in commanders position, I have also tried the vehicle interaction keys, ctrl+c, to no avail.

Thanks in advance

19 minutes ago, unskilledfreak said:

How do you activate the Shtora system in the T-90 tank? It seems gone from the action menu in commanders position, I have also tried the vehicle interaction keys, ctrl+c, to no avail.

It was removed from mod. There is no estimated time when it will be back

19 minutes ago, unskilledfreak said:

What is actually with the development blog, RHS wikipedia etc. on the homepage? Will it be updated?

Wiki is updated from time to time when we have some spare time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FallTry45 said:

As reyhard commented we try to update them as much as we can. But free time is always an issue. :smile_o:

Is there any particular part you'd like to be updated? Meaning, do you need any specific info?

4 hours ago, mistyronin said:

As reyhard commented we try to update them as much as we can. But free time is always an issue. :smile_o:

Is there any particular part you'd like to be updated? Meaning, do you need any specific info?

Ammo Tabs for USA

is there any chance you guys would consider changing how the zoom works on the DH 5-26x50 scope? right now it zooms by holding RMB, however, some people may have their controls set up so that bringing up optics/iron sights is bound to holding RMB so then they kind of get an involuntary zoom in. it would be very nice to see this scope function solely via the zoom in and zoom out actions ( + and - numpad keys by default afaik) akin to the US optics. or is there a particular reason it was done this way?

We wont be able to have continuous zoom on the Dedal scope if we change it to the stepped zoom system. Other scopes use the stepped zoom mechanic because it's the only way to scale the reticles depending on magnification.

The DH 5-20x56's reticle doesn't scale with magnification so allowed us to use the game's continuous zoom mechanic, which is technically more realistic than the stepped zoom we have to use on other scopes.

• Like 2

there will be another way to download beyond the armaholic and steam?

5 hours ago, Jig0 said:

there will be another way to download beyond the armaholic and steam?

nope. our single mean of public distribution is Steam Workshop.
Both users and server admins (via steamCMD) can easily update both local and server files.

• Like 3

Having a hard time with the A-10 form USAF, it dosen't have any missile warning, so everytime I get shotdown from MANPADS. I'am I doing something wrong ? Also it dosen't have any radar unlike many other aircraft, is this an intended behaviour ?

Yes it's intentional.

A-10A can only detect radar-guided missiles. They didn't have a MAWS for IR-guided missiles, until the A-10C.

And A-10s don't have a radar

1 minute ago, da12thMonkey said:

Yes it's intentional.

A-10A can only detect radar-guided missiles. They didn't have a MAWS for IR-guided missiles, until the A-10C.

And A-10s don't have a radar

Great thanks for the response, any tips on how to survive if the ennemy has AA hahahaha ?

Drop flares when you enter the hot zone to prevent a lockon. Make use of the different countermeasure modes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alexgardien5 said:

any tips on how to survive if the ennemy has AA hahahaha ?

Increase the speed to 100% and pull it about 90° to the left or right and push it to the ground too and drop flares in a 2-3 second distance - works only if AA-Rockets aiming you

• Like 1

Also, plan your approaches so that you're not flying over AA for extended periods of time and at high altitude. If you're doing CAS, coordinate with ground forces to keep the enemy AA down. If you're not, the preferred tactic is the tried and true "one pass and haul ass". TOO's are fine, but anything with a ZSU-23 or a bunch of guys with MANPADS next to it doesn't count as an "opportunity".

• Like 1

From the gunner position of the M6 Linebacker, how do you get a lock with the Stingers? I've tried \ T and Tab but I get no tone or anything. Tried in both Infrared and standard optics as well.

I tried looking at the RHS wiki entry but it mentions nothing about obtaining a lock. 

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m6a2

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out. It is T . I just was having a hell of a time getting a lock.

EDIT 2: Do the stingers have a maximum lock range? I cannot get a lock cursor at 2Km?