Hey.

In RHS Su-25 or A-10 there is a CCIP reticle for bombs, FFAR and autocannon.

Is there any way to get it`s position in the world ? (As array like getpos).

I know you tweaked the dispersion of the YakBu but it is still quite big. Fighting infantry with the YakB is a pain in the ass because the bullets land all around them although the gun is supposed to be used against infantry. At the moment though it is very ineffective and the gunner wastes tons of ammo to hit something.
For comparison: The Mi-8 turret with the PKT has much better precision and is a lot more efficient in killing infantry than the YakBu.
The other weapons like rocket pods, gun pods, missiles etc. (KMGU-2 is awesome!) play very good but the YakB as the main weapon is a bit of a letdown.

• Like 1

does anyone know where I can find information on the differences, if any, in performance between the several russian flashbang grenades, Fakel, Fakel-S, Zarya-2 and Plamya-M?

The Plamya and Zarya are spherical, thus allowing the opportunity for extraordinarily immature jokes about flashing, banging, and balls

Oh you meant on a technical level? Sorry, no clue :P

Edited by Hvymtal
I can't believe I initially missed the potential joke about "banging"
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I'm not updated with tha game and mod itself, but i found AA sight in BMP-2, problem is, its fitted to commander seats, commander cannot move turret, so its facing only forward (same as gunner sights) and its unusable. Am i missing some key combination to unlock commander/gunner override? 

I dont know if that issue had been reported but a full BMP-1 or BMP-2 (top + inside) cargo result to a huge frame drop (client/server).

On 9/24/2018 at 8:58 PM, wsxcgy said:

does anyone know where I can find information on the differences, if any, in performance between the several russian flashbang grenades, Fakel, Fakel-S, Zarya-2 and Plamya-M?

Fakel - highest range (20m) although it release some fragments and can severely damage people close to it. Trigger time 3s

Fakel-S - no fragments but it also has reduced range (10m), trigger time 3s

Zarya - 2 - medium range (15m) and no fragments. Trigger time 4s

Plamya-M - medium range, no fragments & very short trigger time (1.5s)

In game data was based on this https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Светошумовые_боеприпасы with some small exceptions to make it more gameplay friendly

12 hours ago, damsous said:

I dont know if that issue had been reported but a full BMP-1 or BMP-2 (top + inside) cargo result to a huge frame drop (client/server).

Yes, we are aware of it but it seems to be some Arma limitation. Issue usually happens when 3 such vehicles with full cargo are close to each other. Probably FFV calculations are pretty expensive in such case and thats why FPS goes down so low. On the other hand, full cargo is equal to ~30 units & all of them rendered (also those inside because you can open cargo doors + turn out options). 3 full BMPs means in such case that game is rendering around 90 units which might also explain FPS drop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm not updated with tha game and mod itself, but i found AA sight in BMP-2, problem is, its fitted to commander seats, commander cannot move turret, so its facing only forward (same as gunner sights) and its unusable. Am i missing some key combination to unlock commander/gunner override? Just, hold ALT and move your mouse. To fire use "Manual Fire" from action menu.

• Thanks 1

On 23.9.2018 at 7:54 PM, kibyde said:

I know you tweaked the dispersion of the YakBu but it is still quite big. Fighting infantry with the YakB is a pain in the ass because the bullets land all around them although the gun is supposed to be used against infantry. At the moment though it is very ineffective and the gunner wastes tons of ammo to hit something.
For comparison: The Mi-8 turret with the PKT has much better precision and is a lot more efficient in killing infantry than the YakBu.
The other weapons like rocket pods, gun pods, missiles etc. (KMGU-2 is awesome!) play very good but the YakB as the main weapon is a bit of a letdown.

I guess no answer means no but is there a way that I could reduce the dispersion myself? Maybe with a certain command in the init field of the object in the 3den editor?

Hi.

I ve noticed that I can t fold/unfold the rotor on UH-1Y and AH-1Z helis while in game, there isn t context menu user action for that function. I can only do that in eden editor using vehicle specific actions or virtual garage. I also noticed that at least in virtual arsenal garage the UH-1Y folded rotor model looks broken.

Is this a known bug or simply that function hasn t been implemented yet on that birds?

Regards.

8 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

Hi.

I ve noticed that I can t fold/unfold the rotor on UH-1Y and AH-1Z helis while in game, there isn t context menu user action for that function. I can only do that in eden editor using vehicle specific actions or virtual garage. I also noticed that at least in virtual arsenal garage the UH-1Y rotor folding animation looks broken.

Is this a known bug or simply that function hasn t been implemented yet on that birds?

Regards.

OK disregard my previous post, I ve found the relevent case on feedback tracker:

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=4172

The issue regarding the UH-1Y double rotor model bug in virtual arsenal still stands though.

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2018 at 3:12 AM, reyhard said:

Yes, we are aware of it but it seems to be some Arma limitation. Issue usually happens when 3 such vehicles with full cargo are close to each other. Probably FFV calculations are pretty expensive in such case and thats why FPS goes down so low. On the other hand, full cargo is equal to ~30 units & all of them rendered (also those inside because you can open cargo doors + turn out options). 3 full BMPs means in such case that game is rendering around 90 units which might also explain FPS drop.

In my case that happen with 1 full BMP only, if i add 6 bmp group with passanger inside the bmp didn't get this issue.

But thats an issue for a mission with a script that spawn AI and auto-fill cargo, if a 1 BMP spawn that breack the mission (perf).

I say that just in case but maybe add a top cargo disabled for BMP 2/1 and BTR that can fix few issue without rework everything cause there few problem with the AI on top of this vehicle.

-Fix the performance issue.

-Fix an other problem cause the AI group get on top first so that breack the mecanised assault (they die before reach the disembark area) they are often killed by light weapon

-Fix an other issue thats happen sometimes the BMP or BTR do not want to move if there nobody in commander sit and an AI on top (front left or right).

I really enjoy RHS the quality is very good, but i can't use it for a mecanised deployement i must use CUP but i don't really like it.

My english is bad i hope you understand.

4 hours ago, damsous said:

In my case that happen with 1 full BMP only, if i add 6 bmp group with passanger inside the bmp didn't get this issue.

But thats an issue for a mission with a script that spawn AI and auto-fill cargo, if a 1 BMP spawn that breack the mission (perf).

I say that just in case but maybe add a top cargo disabled for BMP 2/1 and BTR that can fix few issue without rework everything cause there few problem with the AI on top of this vehicle.

-Fix the performance issue.

-Fix an other problem cause the AI group get on top first so that breack the mecanised assault (they die before reach the disembark area) they are often killed by light weapon

-Fix an other issue thats happen sometimes the BMP or BTR do not want to move if there nobody in commander sit and an AI on top (front left or right).

I really enjoy RHS the quality is very good, but i can't use it for a mecanised deployement i must use CUP but i don't really like it.

My english is bad i hope you understand.

There is already eden attribute to disable top cargo seats. As for performance it is something not fixable and impact vary on user pc too. Alternatively, you can try fixing your script so you don't have to worry about that fps drop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, reyhard said:

There is already eden attribute to disable top cargo seats. As for performance it is something not fixable and impact vary on user pc too. Alternatively, you can try fixing your script so you don't have to worry about that fps drop.

Ha ok thanks never notice that

8 hours ago, reyhard said:

I have tried to lock the top without success there is a simple init line for this ?

I try different method but i got a script error with the rhs_lockTop.sqf (line 15)

Or no error but the vehicle spawn with men on top.

How would it be possible to make taped mags functional (other than making them 60rnders) or will they just weigh twice as much for the time being?

guys hii for all i download the the all mods but say addon rhsgref_c_airweapons requires addon rhsusf_main what is that ?

1 hour ago, Greensnack said:

How would it be possible to make taped mags functional (other than making them 60rnders) or will they just weigh twice as much for the time being?

functional how? faster reload time? afaik engine doesn't allow change of reload speed based on mag used...just as it doesn't allow change of reload animation

18 minutes ago, Mohamed aamer said:

guys hii for all i download the the all mods but say addon rhsgref_c_airweapons requires addon rhsusf_main what is that ?

GREF requires both USAF and AFRF to be loaded in order to work. where did you download the mods from?

51 minutes ago, PuFu said:

functional how? faster reload time? afaik engine doesn't allow change of reload speed based on mag used...just as it doesn't allow change of reload animation

Not sure exactly, but what you described is accurate to what I was asking.

is there any way to make custom rhs decals for vehicles and apply them?

thanks.

4 hours ago, Greensnack said:

just put one in your rifle and one in your inventory and tell yourself in the back of your head that its the same one even though they're two separate instances.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greensnack said:

It could be done at some point but it would require two things:
* New reload animations

* Script executed on "reloaded" event handler - it would handle state of ammo between two magazines. There are plenty of scenarios to handle there (reload between two magazine when one is fully empty, partially empty or reload to different magazine) so it might take some to develop & then polish it.

It would require some to create something like that & since I would i.e. prefer to spend time on missing reload animations for Garand, PKM/PKP or M240 you might guess that such task is rather low priority

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Greensnack said:

well, it seems i was wrong and there is indeed some black magic possible according to reyhard.