Great job on the update, guys. Thanks for all your hard work (and for fixing the vest shadow error!).

Thank you for the update! It is great to see more frequent updates which help in pvp orientated community.    

I was wondering if someone in your team is working with MTLB platform?

1 hour ago, Blahh- said:

I was wondering if someone in your team is working with MTLB platform?

not at this time, no

• Like 1

Why there is no love for russian scopes? No RHS famous 2d, 3d, PIP mode like US faction have...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sammael said:

Why there is no love for russian scopes? No RHS famous 2d, 3d, PIP mode like US faction have...

Shape of PSO and 1P29 make it impossible to make 3D scopes that don't look completely shitty. Could maybe do PiP 1P29, but PSO is for longer ranges than was feasible to use PiP for, due to resolution, rendering distance etc.

NIT-A does have 2D/3D option (no need for PiP because it's not magnified)

That leaves 1P78, which IIRC does have 2D/3D/PiP available

• Like 2

Hello, i have a question about RHS helicopters which have toggle wheel brakes as option(hinds,havoc,etc..), is wheeled landing working even with standard FM? i tried it a few times, in like 50% cases it worked fine, however in another 50% i tried to land in like  50-100 kmh, then as heli was slowing down at about 20kmh whole thing just "jumps" a little bit(no more then 0.5m) and damages itself badly

1 hour ago, SzepyCZ said:

Hello, i have a question about RHS helicopters which have toggle wheel brakes as option(hinds,havoc,etc..), is wheeled landing working even with standard FM? i tried it a few times, in like 50% cases it worked fine, however in another 50% i tried to land in like  50-100 kmh, then as heli was slowing down at about 20kmh whole thing just "jumps" a little bit(no more then 0.5m) and damages itself badly

More than 25 kmh leads to damage. Same applies to Vanilla choppers though. Quite a while ago BIS changed the behaviour of helicopters rolling on the ground. Before I was able to do rolling take offs and landings with 100 kmh. Not anymore since BIS changed it. This is for AFM

4 minutes ago, kibyde said:

More than 25 kmh leads to damage. Same applies to Vanilla choppers though. Quite a while ago BIS changed the behaviour of helicopters rolling on the ground. Before I was able to do rolling take offs and landings with 100 kmh. Not anymore since BIS changed it. This is for AFM

i have to say that i dont have any problems with AFM, even at higher speeds, i was talking about SFM because i dont like to use AFM wihtout analog input of collective

if the rifles were held a bit further out or the view point was moved back a bit, a 3D 1P29 and maaaybe a 3D PSO wouldn't look so bad would they? Squad has 3D 1P29s and PSO-1s that are actually pretty comfy to use, although it seems that the PSO-1 is mounted further forward than normal. the rubber eye cup pieces take up a lot of the screen but its better than just a flat black overlay covering the entire screen imo. if nothing else, doing something like this for the 2D optics, decreasing the size of the lens on the screen and adding a negative space at the edges so the whole screen isn't occupied by scope would be a step forward. however I'm sure is all a lot of hassle when theres more pressing things to deal with right now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

the rubber eye cup pieces take up a lot of the screen

That's not the problem

To make even short 3D scopes in Arma you kind of have to flare the whole scope model outwards with a cone deformer, because of how Arma's FOV is when Aiming Down Sights.

The longer the tube, the wider the cone deformation needs to be. Otherwise, you get a big black ring all around the edge of the scope - You can see it on some US optics, but on the PSO it would be 100 times worse because the scope is a lot longer compared to the diameter, and flaring it out enough to negate that problem will noticeably distort the model's shape in the first person view (game uses the same model when ADS as it does when in first person, unless you use 2D modeloptics).

1P29's problem is that the ocular lens isn't even in line with the objective lens. This means that significant parts of the model would probably need deleting in the first person view (again, this is not just the model when ADS) so that there is a straight line of sight without parts of the scope blocking the view through the back lens.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SzepyCZ said:

It should work with SFM but take in mind that there might be some quirks here & there since PhysX tech fore Helis was never fully completed. If you have some more data then you can fill ticket on feedback tracker and I can take a look what can be done. Name of asset, terrain & speed are quite important factors so don't forget to write it down somewhere. Current system for wheel brakes is just unhiding old, PhysX blocks (like those in geometry LOD) when speed is below ~15km/h, since PhysX wheels (like those on cars or jets) don't have working brakes, so old solution is used here as workaround. That's also the reason why you might sometimes see those bumps - just try not pressing heli so much to the ground but  rather try to gently slide it on the ground.

@wsxcgy adding to what @da12thMonkey said, 3d scopes additionally doesn't support pg up/down zeroing and that is quite huge show stopper

12 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

That's not the problem

To make even short 3D scopes in Arma you kind of have to flare the whole scope model outwards with a cone deformer, because of how Arma's FOV is when Aiming Down Sights.

The longer the tube, the wider the cone deformation needs to be. Otherwise, you get a big black ring all around the edge of the scope - You can see it on some US optics, but on the PSO it would be 100 times worse because the scope is a lot longer compared to the diameter, and flaring it out enough to negate that problem will noticeably distort the model's shape in the first person view (game uses the same model when ADS as it does when in first person, unless you use 2D modeloptics).

1P29's problem is that the ocular lens isn't even in line with the objective lens. This means that significant parts of the model would probably need deleting in the first person view (again, this is not just the model when ADS) so that there is a straight line of sight without parts of the scope blocking the view through the back lens.

very sad that PIP only 512x512 . Here is PIP PSO video

e1586911dc78.jpg

I made a feedback ticket for random CTDs with IHADSS.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=4617

Sorry for creating 2 more duplicate tickets – there were error pages after sending about too long strings which said I should go back an correct a line. Seemed the creation did work after all.

46 minutes ago, nomisum said:

I made a feedback ticket for random CTDs with IHADSS.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=4617

Sorry for creating 2 more duplicate tickets – there were error pages after sending about too long strings which said I should go back an correct a line. Seemed the creation did work after all.

i thought this was common knowledge, but when reporting bugs, do so without using any other mods but RHS ones please

• Like 1

Guys i have question about SU-25 and KAB-250 and KAB-500 bombs and how they should be used with this plane?

Is there a way to lock them to someone other's laser or they can just follow laser from Klen PS?

51 minutes ago, Frenki said:

Is there a way to lock them to someone other's laser or they can just follow laser from Klen PS?

They will seek laser targets designated by other's lasers. You use the CCIP marker to drop the bomb roughly where a forward observer is lasing, and it will guide towards the lased point.

It's not necessary to lock on before releasing the bomb.

Klens only points forward, so is of no use designating for bombs that travel slower than the aircraft

• Thanks 1

@da12thMonkey thank you good mister! I was trying it out today, and i saw that bombs followed my laser wich i was designating from ground, but they were not droping right on target, possibly becouse i didnt droped them from far enough so they dont have enough time to aim.

4 minutes ago, john1 said:

https://goo.gl/images/MBmVne

Possible to get a stand-alone helmet of this? Would make a useful part added to MH-9 versions.

That would not make sense.... That system is only used and built for the AH-64 Apache, not for any other helicopter

• Like 1

I meant, use this as a way to use the TV-camera system for Observer and lase stuff as a stand-alone for any other type ,as part of the Arsenal choices .Useful for SP-players.Just get a helmet.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

I meant, use this as a way to use the TV-camera system for Observer and lase stuff as a stand-alone for any other type ,as part of the Arsenal choices .Useful for SP-players.Just get a helmet.

RHS makes their mod to be as realistic as possible. They're not going to make something knowingly unrealistic just because it could be useful to SP players.

I really enjoy RHS, but after some playing I came to the conclusion that for me, M1 Abrams' long turbine start-up delay combined with Arma 3's automatic engine turning offs is a game breaker. Is there anyway to disable either of these features?

Compared to CUP's, on RHS, as soon as one or the AI stops the vehicle, the engine turns off, making it impossible to properly move in formation and the AI keeps lagging behind.

• Like 4

@Storm Rider

Select "eject" and not "get out" when you exit the vehicle. That should keep the engine running if I remember correctly  

1 hour ago, Storm Rider said:

Is there anyway to disable either of these features?

RHS_ENGINE_STARTUP_OFF = true;

• Like 5