How many LCAC's were in the same situation as tanks, being fired from all directions? Are LCAC's APU's mounted inside boxes made from armor grade steel plates? You see, in terms of AFV's, nothing is same as in case of other vehicles, and a lot of stuff needs to be solved differently, including taking a lot of consideration in to survivability under fire.

• Like 2

The APU still has to have its exhaust come out at somewhere. Bet that's how that MG bullet got in, you can't really armor an exhaust pipe (a grate is just not the same as a proper plate). One in a million shot, but if you spray something with enough bullets, you will get a handful that do strange things like that. It's not a really the kind of thing that could be consciously exploited, though.

@Damian90 

As I stated before, I was merely pointing out your incorrect statement.

Once again for clarity: 

You see neither diesel fuel, neither JP-8 jet fuel will ignite due to fire

It can and it does. No amount of armour protection (or lack thereof) will change this. I know this from my 10 years in the military. I also know this from my time in combat in Iraq. I also know this from my 10 years as a professional Firefighter / Paramedic.  Your opinion and misinformation will not change this fact. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, dragon01 said:

The APU still has to have its exhaust come out at somewhere. Bet that's how that MG bullet got in, you can't really armor an exhaust pipe (a grate is just not the same as a proper plate). One in a million shot, but if you spray something with enough bullets, you will get a handful that do strange things like that. It's not a really the kind of thing that could be consciously exploited, though.

Exhaust is not directly behind APU itself, tough I can imagine at some ridiculous angle it could get inside that way.

Altough still, IMHO it was not APU fire per se, but all that stuff crews carried on turret. I will point out again that one single fact, US Army changed regulations about storing equipment on vehicles, sying clearly that it's forbidden in combat zones, APU's were not changed on M1A1's. On M1A2's change to APU design was based on fundamental design changes to the vehicle, there is significant difference between Block 0, Block 1 and Block 2 M1 variants, so significant that these can be considered as different vehicles even.

8 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

@Damian90 

As I stated before, I was merely pointing out your incorrect statement.

Once again for clarity: 

It can and it does. No amount of armour protection (or lack thereof) will change this. I know this from my 10 years in the military. I also know this from my time in combat in Iraq. I also know this from my 10 years as a professional Firefighter / Paramedic.  Your opinion and misinformation will not change this fact. 

Ok I will admitt my statement was wrong.

More accurate would be to say, JP-8 and Diesel fuel greatly reduces chances of being ignited during combat causing fuel fire compared to gasoline, thus increasing survivability and safety, but of course not in absolute terms as my previous statement would imply previously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Exhaust is not directly behind APU itself, tough I can imagine at some ridiculous angle it could get inside that way.

Altough still, IMHO it was not APU fire per se, but all that stuff crews carried on turret. I will point out again that one single fact, US Army changed regulations about storing equipment on vehicles, sying clearly that it's forbidden in combat zones, APU's were not changed on M1A1's. On M1A2's change to APU design was based on fundamental design changes to the vehicle, there is significant difference between Block 0, Block 1 and Block 2 M1 variants, so significant that these can be considered as different vehicles even.

That the crew's stuff was burning is not in question, but the APU fire might've still been there. In fact, I imagine that if the latter caught fire the crap in the bustle rack would soon follow suit (another reason not to keep it there). Of course the exhaust is not in the back, but things like "bounce off the back of the turret, then the rear deck, then off the inside of an APU's armor plate, and hit a fuel line" are well within the realms of things bullets are known to do. I once saw a video where a guy was shooting a .50cal at a range, at some distant targets and the bullet flew back and took his earmuffs out. It happens, though thankfully not often. If you shoot a few belts' worth of rounds at a complex shape (like the back of a tank's turret), you're bound to get at least one or two that seem to have no regard for proper terminal ballistics. :) 

Hi guys,

I have a few questions here:

- someone knows why when I am in eden, I set an RHS vehicle as simple object, I go in Zeus to try the mission then i go back to eden and the vehicle is not in simple object anymore ?

- why simple object vehicles(from RHS) have a red fist logo on the side ?

- why simple object vehicles(from RHS), equipped with gun, have flames coming out from the barrel like if the vehicle was frozen ?

Thanks for your answers and the great work you guys do !

19 hours ago, calahan59 said:

- why simple object vehicles(from RHS) have a red fist logo on the side ?

Not exclusive to RHS. Happens with CUP vehicles as well.

Just now, sammael said:

Changelogs  will be written immediately on steam or after some time?

Will be available on our site sometime tonight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm like waiting for my birthday:hehe:

Thank you RHS team for your hard work on this amazaing mod

• Like 1

Hi

Sorry for bothering you. I want to know some non-standard weapon classes (like ak74 with suppressor and colimator) but your new RHS engine on your website doesn't work for me, probably is still under construction. Can I find this classes somewhere else?

Regards Hans(z)

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

Woo.  Come on SCAR and FAL....

nope and nope ;)

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, PuFu said:

nope and nope ;)

<thumbsdown.jpg> 
Boo!!!  Hisss!!!

Oh well, next time Gadget!

24 minutes ago, PuFu said:

nope and nope ;)

my hopes... my dreams... :down:

3 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Why are these releases occurring at around 2000 US Eastern time on Sundays? Many milsim units have events on or around that time. Would you consider please moving these releases earlier, or later, or to Mondays?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

Why are these releases occurring at around 2000 US Eastern time on Sundays? Many milsim units have events on or around that time. Would you consider please moving these releases earlier, or later, or to Mondays?

Well, I am sure that many communities play on monday, tuesday, ... and so on. Finding a date that suites everybody will never happen, so devs release when  a) they have time, b) they fill comfortable with what they have.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

Most selfish thing I've seen in a while. There are also many groups in other places than US Eastern...

Be happy that they are updating and move your scheduled OP for tomorrow. Or even better be thankful that RHS didn't decide long time ago to have their mod be made in Russian language only )

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

Many european and russian units have their events before this time and many west coast units have theirs after... The devs can't please everyone and it just so happens that on this occasion units on the East Coast have to take one for the team.

20 minutes ago, Sgt.Makarov said:

Most selfish thing I've seen in a while. There are also many groups in other places than US Eastern...

There are, yes. Thus why I mentioned Monday. And, no, it's not selfish.

46 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

while we try to have this sort of stuff in the back of our collective (hive) mind, we will always release stuff when it is convenient to us, not to you.

16 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

There are, yes. Thus why I mentioned Monday. And, no, it's not selfish.

it is 100% selfish, because there are other groups that play in different timezones, and days

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

I'm afraid that you could find Arma units' events 24/7 hence it's impossible for us to please everyone. In fact Monday is quite a common day for Arma events around the world. In any case, you can always disable the steam auto-updates. :smile_o:

• Like 2