1 hour ago, RicHornet said:

That is actually implemented (and quite well so) in this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587631082&searchtext=

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28086

The project above (AH-64D Apache Longbow for Arma 3 by Nodunit and Franze) seems to be open source currently, so perhaps you could take look at it in order to implement the functionalities that allows the pilot to take over the gun from the gunner (and vice versa)? 

I believe that's an old version which might not even work in 64-bit Arma 3, here is the latest one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1351428303&searchtext=AH-64D but I can not confirm if it is open sourced too.

@Sgt.Makarov, @RicHornet I actually tried looking through that mod by Nodunit and Franze. It's even more intense than the RHS AH64 because you can interact with its dash menus, and you have to go through a series of switches to enable pilot control of the M230. Looking through the code was a nightmare, and the RHS code is equally scary (in a good way - it's advanced stuff way over my head). Most GI Joe-Arma crossover fans aren't going to want to mess with all the real-sim functions. I want the visual immersion, but less complicated to use. It's an elusive sweetspot, and alas I know my hopes are super lofty.

17 hours ago, Sgt.Makarov said:

I believe that's an old version which might not even work in 64-bit Arma 3, here is the latest one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1351428303&searchtext=AH-64D but I can not confirm if it is open sourced too.

Actually if you read the "AH-64D for Arm3 by Nodunit and Franze" changelog you can read that the latest version 1.43 addresses that - It makes the mod compatible with 64-bit Arma 3.

Regarding the mod/link that you shared, I actually tried it but in honesty I didn't like it much. That mod is basically the "AH-64D for Arm3 by Nodunit and Franze" with broken features and other issues/bugs which the original (by Nodunit and Franze) didn't have.

16 hours ago, scotg said:

@Sgt.Makarov, @RicHornet I actually tried looking through that mod by Nodunit and Franze. It's even more intense than the RHS AH64 because you can interact with its dash menus, and you have to go through a series of switches to enable pilot control of the M230. Looking through the code was a nightmare, and the RHS code is equally scary (in a good way - it's advanced stuff way over my head). Most GI Joe-Arma crossover fans aren't going to want to mess with all the real-sim functions. I want the visual immersion, but less complicated to use. It's an elusive sweetspot, and alas I know my hopes are super lofty.

Just to be clear, I not requesting here (for the RHS Apache) a clickable cockpit like the one by Nodunit and Franze. I'm basically asking for an option in the action menu which could toggle the Apache gun control between pilot and the (AI) gunner. 

in a old release of AFRF, there was a version of AKM with the wood texture much better than the new one. The new texture seems more "red"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, zukov said:

in a old release of AFRF, there was a version of AKM with the wood texture much better than the new one. The new texture seems more "red"

this is what i think too

57 minutes ago, cpt.ghost said:

this is what i think too

1 hour ago, zukov said:

so the problem is just the redish color or the wood pattern overall? i don't get it, mainly because you should know that AKM wood furniture comes in a fton of variants, and i did spend quite a bit of time doing these textures as close as one of the ref image i had 

• Like 5

It's the red army version... :f:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PuFu said:

so the problem is just the redish color or the wood pattern overall? i don't get it, mainly because you should know that AKM wood furniture comes in a fton of variants, and i did spend quite a bit of time doing these textures as close as one of the ref image i had 

is not a problem is only a matter of taste

35748053_2090419274576559_21771367464566

@PuFu

this is my personal akms a russian made 11 circle, the wood grips got a little bit yellow because of the sun ( i use it too much ) the grips was a little more red 

the wood grips of your akms needs a tiny yellowish touch in my POV other than that it is one of the best models around

• Like 3

10 hours ago, zukov said:

I can concur, but that's only because this is how it would look like if AKMs were brand new, but the entire production of AKMs were 1960s to late 1970s.. so by the turn of the century the wood would be a bit faded and the metal a bit scratched up at least (also like PuFu pointed out, it's wood! theres all sorts of different color wood stains.) But this is only for vanity sake, shouldn't really bother about the details unless they really want to. :P

Can anyone else confirm if the ability to move around in the C-130 while in flight was removed or if it is broken? I loaded with only RHSUSAF from Steam Workshop.

• Like 1

I just want to say great work with the AH64D. I love flying it with big, PMC maps. It handles very good, systems are amazing and I love it. 

But could you reduce gun recoil a bit? Now it shoots with artillery accuracy.

1 hour ago, BadHabitz said:

Can anyone else confirm if the ability to move around in the C-130 while in flight was removed or if it is broken? I loaded with only RHSUSAF from Steam Workshop.

Yes, it was removed due to changes to attachTo introduced in 1.72 patch. After that change there was constant lag and it seems this solution is no longer possible to utilize. It might be possible to use some other trickery in future but it's rather low priority.

55 minutes ago, czechu777 said:

But could you reduce gun recoil a bit? Now it shoots with artillery accuracy.

I think current dispersion is pretty close to what you can see on all those liveleak videos

On 8/28/2018 at 5:01 PM, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

Just a reminder, you can always submit a ticket at the above link and mark the 

Is it a wish/request?

to: YES

Whist not optimal, is does reduce the amount of non-essential "request, but not a request" commentary in this thread. 

I guess you missed the purpose of the discussion above (about HMD aiming the gun). It wasn't actually a request "per se" since someone already asked for this a few days ago, here:

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=4479

What was being discussed was the difficulties of accomplishing what was asked above and as such I posted a suggestion that could somehow help modeling/implementing this - by looking at a mod that already implements this. 

to everyone whining about the AKM wood, the model supports hidden selections, so you can very easily make any wood color you want: red, yellow, blue, orange, etc

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

to everyone whining about the AKM wood, the model supports hidden selections, so you can very easily make any wood color you want: red, yellow, blue, orange, etc

pink hello kitty :eyeheart:

• Like 2

On 29/08/2018 at 8:11 PM, Vasily.B said:

Any chances for that?

B3 available in RHS and that video is super inaccurate btw 

• Like 1

This video is nice BS truth to be told. But hey, Squad is not a vehicle sim. We aim at much higher realism.

• Like 6

On 29/08/2018 at 8:11 PM, Vasily.B said:

Any chances for that?

From the video may take only the sound of the recharge.

11 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

good lord what have you done telling them this! D:

Hey guys, 

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one having this bug, but it's been annoying me for a reaaaaaaaaaaaaally long time.

Anyway, every time I'm inside a BMP-2, any version, when I'm in the gunner position and I turn out, then turn in and get outside, I get an invisible 9m113 launcher that won't
go away, even after taking some real launcher.

Any ideas how to get rid of this bug?