9 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

That's a tease just missed the patch and hotfix.:dozingoff: does the stock fold like the AKs? 

well, if you think the moment you are done modelling and texturing you can put it in Arma you are wrong. There still needs to be secondary LODs done, geo LODs, configs and animations done (both weapons and reloads). stock folds of course it does

radu-costachescu-14-stock.jpg?1535066851

• Like 18

1 hour ago, deathmetalninja said:

Beautiful rifle PuFu. Coming to a PC near you sometime in 2019? lol ;)

as always, when ready

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, PuFu said:
a bit selfish self promo ^^

Nothing selfish when it's as amazing as this and recieves praise :D

On 8/23/2018 at 10:45 AM, reyhard said:

Could you write down which exactly key are you using for it? (Joystick #11 or something like that?)

Sure,

I'm using the "Thrustmaster Stick Button #22" for the 'User Action 10' command.

The "Thrustmaster Stick Button #22" (in ArmA 3) is the pressing down the "coolie hat" known as 'BTN H3' in the picture below:

joystickbuttons.jpg

Did anyone noticed, that you can t load six units into the Bradley IFV. The last two units end up somewhere outside of their designated positions.

When I checked in config viewer I ve discovered that two cargoProxyIndexes are missing from base Bradley vehicle class.

Regards.

• Like 1

I came here looking to see if, in Arma 3, the pilot can control the aiming and firing of the main turret and main gun. In the case of the RHS Apaches it's the M230. I need something like this for this helicopter:

As you can see, it's a one-man job with a mg turret up front. I know it's not as realistic as the AH64s, but I've put some research into it to make it plausible. It's at least game-plausible, and it's way more realistic than its toy counterpart ever was. I've been playing the RHS:USF mod trying to figure out how to get the IHADSS system to work, but so far no dice.

Any help on getting the pilot turret to work in-game would be nice, and help getting a simplified version of it on the FANG would be AMAZING! (I can dream.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi,

has someone else the problem, that the original BI mags are now invisible when you use them in the RHS US weapons?

For example the "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green".

It would be nice if the default mags would be working again, because we use them as default resupply mags, for the reason that they work in nearly any mod.

49 minutes ago, Meiestrix said:

Hi,

has someone else the problem, that the original BI mags are now invisible when you use them in the RHS US weapons?

For example the "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green".

It would be nice if the default mags would be working again, because we use them as default resupply mags, for the reason that they work in nearly any mod.

BIS needs to make their magazines use the proxy system that they made. There's not really anything we can sensibly do about it.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

BIS needs to make their magazines use the proxy system that they made. There's not really anything we can sensibly do about it.

Is there any documentation on that topic yet? 

50 minutes ago, pipewr3nch said:

Is there any documentation on that topic yet? 

reyhard has some WIP documentation that has been publicly shared on discord etc. when discussing it with CUP, CBA etc. and various community addons makers that hang around there

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbvofPPSUX4IqXuhRnqdjX9EtQbIiaEm/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LXiqdLdiUtIwJZqff8wC8ebrwH0xPWiV/view - his example models of some magazines

And I made another example addon using tigg's Magpul EMAG, which I've shared in discussions on reddit etc. to show how compatibility from different addons could work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/083zdyhpvg5tpz9/proxymag_example.pbo?dl=0 - packed. pbo for people to play about with

https://www.dropbox.com/s/am5ke5b02xr2jit/proxymag_example.7z?dl=0 - unbined project folder

Some additional materials showing off the suggested standard for positioning the mag proxies on the front lip of the weapon model's mag well:

https://imgur.com/a/m9CWIoO

https://i.imgur.com/MjddqLo.png

https://i.imgur.com/jusqNH2.png

Like all proxy models, the Mag model's [0,0,0] coordinate will snap to the corner  vertex of the proxy triangle in the weapon, if there is an autocenter 0 property.

Bear in mind that it is in itself, still a bit of a work in progress within in Arma 3 and there are efforts where interested community parties want to figure out some common "standard" for naming magazinewells[] classes etc., so that mags can be more easily shared across mods.

Current RHS implementation didn't seek to establish a standard by itself: Merely to show off the tech, and highlight some problems.

So certain aspects of the provided examples, could be changing

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Hi guys,

this might be an awkward question but, is there a way to obtain the 4.5 version of the AFRF somehow?

hello!sorry for my english that is not so advanced...

You are talking about compatiblity with mods and I see it is a big problem in Arma3!

now you introduced custom user action in rhs but not only you did it so every modder assign it without criterion...for example :

now we have rhs apache using user 1 for left mfd and 2 for right..but ah 64  of sacha voodoo uses user 1 for right and user 2 for left...so why dont you act like a community and find a standard??

and this was only an example, there are firewill'planes,kimi hud...all with user action in conflict each other...

the solution I suggest is to use cba where you can even unbind a key !!

This is not a critique directly to you  but a question to all you good modders

have a nice day

29 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Hi guys,

this might be an awkward question but, is there a way to obtain the 4.5 version of the AFRF somehow?

it is an awkward question indeed. there is no way afaik. mind me asking why would you want 0.4.5 version?

14 minutes ago, ab_luca said:

hello!sorry for my english that is not so advanced...

You are talking about compatiblity with mods and I see it is a big problem in Arma3!

now you introduced custom user action in rhs but not only you did it so every modder assign it without criterion...for example :

now we have rhs apache using user 1 for left mfd and 2 for right..but ah 64  of sacha voodoo uses user 1 for right and user 2 for left...so why dont you act like a community and find a standard??

and this was only an example, there are firewill'planes,kimi hud...all with user action in conflict each other...

the solution I suggest is to use cba where you can even unbind a key !!

This is not a critique directly to you  but a question to all you good modders

have a nice day

you can change / assign whatever keys you want for MDFs

we have said it before, we do not want to have dependencies on other mods we have no control over (to reply to your CBA related question).
as for overall compatibility, i think it is a bit late in Arma's lifespan to get together and create that framework.

55 minutes ago, PuFu said:

it is an awkward question indeed. there is no way afaik. mind me asking why would you want 0.4.5 version?

Well, I am playing the Ravage survival mode, and in 4.5 version I have a placed T-90A (obr. 2006) in the scenario. 

What Ravage does is it's damaging the placed vehicles so you have to find toolkits and repair 'em. In this case, my T-90 doesn't have any ERA on, which can be repaired with lootable toolkits.

So I updated today AFRF from 4.5 to 4.7 and restarted my scenario, reached to my T-90 only to see it has all of its ERA plates. I've recreated the scenario on numerous maps. Everywhere is the same. ERA is intact, periscopes, lights and Shtora are damaged on the other hand. T-72 and T-80 have all damaged ERAs but not T-90. 

So my thought is to rollback to 4.5 in order to keep the fun gameplay. Is there prehaps any kind of way, a script or something to at least remove all ERA on the T-90 so it can be repaired all over again?

I know I'm probably asking for too much (and for 4.5 version) but I apologize in advance. 

2 hours ago, PuFu said:

we do not want to have dependencies on other mods we have no control over

i know this:(

so why did you not add new keystrokes to the old rhs option settings (where you can choose what useraction assign to them)

thank you for answer

On 8/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, SnakeDocc said:

IHADSS is a really cool addition, nice work!

I agree, but what is it really if it doesn't slave the M230? All I see is that it makes a monocle overlay with night vision capabilities. That's cool, yeah, but you can't exactly call it IHADSS just based on that.

1 hour ago, scotg said:

I agree, but what is it really if it doesn't slave the M230? All I see is that it makes a monocle overlay with night vision capabilities. That's cool, yeah, but you can't exactly call it IHADSS just based on that.

The PNVS turret model is slaved to the pilot's head in cockpit view when the imaging system is turned on: i.e when TI overlay is on in the HDU, or when using pilotcamera view. Theoretically the M320 could do the same if there heli was a single seater or something.

The switching of full PNVS and TADS animation control sources between two crew members: That is not a simple matter. Which is why the CPG is the only one controlling TADS+M320, as it's primarily their job to operate the weapon targeting system while the pilot focusses on flying the aircraft, and using the PNVS turret for navigation.

There's not a simple way the transfer complete ownership of two turret between crew members without physically switching the seat they occupy in the vehicle - especially since regular turrets and pilotcamera turrets use completely different configuration.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, da12thMonkey said:

The PNVS turret model is slaved to the pilot's head in cockpit view or pilotcamera view. Theoretically the M320 could do the same if there heli was a single seater or something.

The switching of full PNVS and TADS animation control sources between two crew members, that is not a simple matter. Which is why the CPG is the only one controlling TADS+M320, as it's primarily their job to operate the weapon targeting system while the pilot focusses on flying the aircraft, and using the PNVS turret for navigation.

I get it, and let me say this is truly astounding what the RHS guys have done! I just want to point out that the documentation on the RHS site does imply that the pilot can control the M230. Further down it also says the Apaches are a work in progress overall, but doesn't specify what doesn't work.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:52 AM, da12thMonkey said:

Oh yeah, I forgot there are some people who play the ports that lag way behind.

But if it's invisible guns with floaty magazines, the cause remains the same: game version isn't compatible with the mod, and there is nothing we can assist with that

updating my game and verifying the cache fixed that. thank you

Is there a chance later down the road that we see a light machinegun tripod that has the same sysytem as the one from 3CB that allows the player to  attach and remove the light machinegun from the tripod ?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

The PNVS turret model is slaved to the pilot's head in cockpit view when the imaging system is turned on: i.e when TI overlay is on in the HDU, or when using pilotcamera view. Theoretically the M320 could do the same if there heli was a single seater or something.

The switching of full PNVS and TADS animation control sources between two crew members: That is not a simple matter. Which is why the CPG is the only one controlling TADS+M320, as it's primarily their job to operate the weapon targeting system while the pilot focusses on flying the aircraft, and using the PNVS turret for navigation.

There's not a simple way the transfer complete ownership of two turret between crew members without physically switching the seat they occupy in the vehicle - especially since regular turrets and pilotcamera turrets use completely different configuration.

That is actually implemented (and quite well so) in this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587631082&searchtext=

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28086

The project above (AH-64D Apache Longbow for Arma 3 by Nodunit and Franze) seems to be open source currently, so perhaps you could take look at it in order to implement the functionalities that allows the pilot to take over the gun from the gunner (and vice versa)?