38 minutes ago, RicHornet said:

You're absolutely right about IHADSS (including the HDU) being plugged to (or part of) the Apache which is one more reason or I would say the main reason why this recent "RHS decision" to model IHADSS as a helmet in 0.4.6 isn't accurate

The HDU/HMD display on our IHADSS helmet doesn't work in any helicopter other than the AH-64.

However, the Apache's HMD info only shows when wearing the IHDASS. The two are dependant on each other, as they should be.

57 minutes ago, [ACC] Maras said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's really good news! Anyway besides all recently reported issues with tanks can we also expect a hotfix of missing direction indicator in US Army vehicles such like M1 and M2? 

No, we're not adding a compass HUD to the Abrams driver. We need to make a new UI with a more realistic display than the digital compass used on BIS vehicles and that takes time.

You can use the GPS display to show your bearing

22 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

The HDU/HMD display on our IHADSS helmet doesn't work in any helicopter other than the AH-64.

However, the Apache's HMD info only shows when wearing the IHDASS. The two are dependant on each other, as they should be.

Again, HDU which is part of IHADSS is not the helmet. The HDU, again part of IHADSS is plugged to the Apache helicopter itself and that's why the HDU doesn't work in any other helicopter, nonetheless this is totally and completely unrelated to the helmet itself.

Technically you can board an Apache helicopter with any Helmet and attach the HDU to any helmet as long as the helmet has an attaching point for the HDU. Additionally you can attach NVGs to the same Helmet that you can attach the HDU.

Hence why the latest implementation of having a "IHADSS Helmet"  in RHS version 0.4.6 is IMO completely unnecessary (and even less accurate than the previous versions or vanilla since it doesn't allow attaching NVGs for example) and brings a "can of worms" in terms of gameplay and simulation problems.

I love playing around with the mag proxies. While some may consider it unimportant, I think its just incredibly cool.

I'm eager to see the future of this system, another stellar update RHS crew!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am extremely happy with the Magazine proxies for the M249. Adding Soft Pouches that I use on my actual AR kit IRL, not to mention the ability to load (and see!) 30rd Stanag is amazing.

It's also great how loading a 30rd Stanag actually is a lot faster than a whole 200rd box.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, payne2010 said:

idk if this is a bug or just something that needs to be tweaked but the Abrams reload time is WAY to slow. It took 11 seconds to reload, it should take less then 6 seconds.

You need loader ;) Reload time is also dependent on speed & roughness of terrain you are driving (imagine loading shell when driving 60km/h on bumpy field)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@reyhard this is awweeesoomme.. -  w o w .

I am stunned beyond imagination - I did not even anticipate that something like this was possible.

Does that feature also apply to russian Tanks?

I cannot remember you ever disclosed such a feature in any of the changelogs - or did I miss something?

Regardless, tanks a lot!!

Just now, alessiomoreno said:

@reyhard this is awweeesoomme.. - wow ?

I am stunned beyond imagination - I did not even anticipate that Something like this was even possible.

Does that feature also apply to Russian Tanks?

I cannot remember you ever disclosed such a feature in any of the changelogs - or did I miss something?

Regardless, tanks a lot!!

Russian tanks are using autoloaders so it's different there. Their speed is dependent on distance to next preferred round. It's not super simulated atm but there are plans to expand it one day (i.e. since T-72 autoloader can rotate only in one direction, reload time could theoretically be up to 12 seconds if next shell

is to the right)

That thing was introduced in one of the first releases so it might not be available on website.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, reyhard said:

You need loader ;) Reload time is also dependent on speed & roughness of terrain you are driving (imagine loading shell when driving 60km/h on bumpy field)

lol that's true but I was sitting on the runway not moving, plus I tested the t80s reload time and it only took 7 seconds. So I know it wasn't the terrain or speed ;) even if it was any of that it still shouldn't take 11 seconds 

2 hours ago, payne2010 said:

lol that's true but I was sitting on the runway not moving, plus I tested the t80s reload time and it only took 7 seconds. So I know it wasn't the terrain or speed ;) even if it was any of that it still shouldn't take 11 seconds 

Without a loader that sounds fine.

Is the RHS team planning to push incremental patches for this release(bugfixes, tweaks, etc.) ?  I got that impression from the talk pre-release, so I was curious.

6 hours ago, HaceElOso said:

Is the RHS team planning to push incremental patches for this release(bugfixes, tweaks, etc.) ?  I got that impression from the talk pre-release, so I was curious.

Looks like it.

12 hours ago, MrGalaxy said:

all my weapons on the us faction seem to be invisible any fixes ;o 

Do you just see a floating magazine and no weapon?

For certain it happens when you don't have an up-to-date version of the game that supports the new magazine proxy tech. Like for example if you don't run a legitimately purchased copy of Arma 3.

In which case you will not find any help here, ever

Otherwise, if the weapon is completely invisible, magazine and all: the files containing the weapons (rhsusf_weapons#.pbo) are probably corrupted and the game can't load the models.

• Like 2

IIRC, this feature is very recent, so the version mismatch could well be caused by being on Linux or Mac (since the ports are currently a version behind). Then again, Linux and Mac ports are tagged "experimental" for a reason.

Oh yeah, I forgot there are some people who play the ports that lag way behind.

But if it's invisible guns with floaty magazines, the cause remains the same: game version isn't compatible with the mod, and there is nothing we can assist with that

unknown.png

unknown.png

Managed to do some weird trickery and transparency now works on R2T texture defined in object :)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LandKampfJager said:

There is a bug with all ak (zenitco), rds signs are falling through the picatinny rail on top of a gas tube.

It's a preview bug.. just "try" and it fixes itself... you're not the first to fall to this trap :P

• Like 2

What's happened to the russian helicopters? They used to attack vehicles pretty regularly using their ATGM's, even from like 1-2 km's away, but over the course of the last few updates, they have progressively ceased using them.
If I ever see them use their ATGM's, it's like one and done and only from a medium range (like 900 meters or so and I didn't even notice it apart from the virtual reality), and up close (600 m and in) they just use their unguided rockets with horrendous accuracy - missing a target by hundreds of meters. Even if you tried to equip them with only ATGM's, they would rather use their canon than fire a rocket. For instance, Ka-52, which is exhibiting the worse behaviour, just circles aimlessly around doing nothing until it gets shot down by enemy tanks.

The same goes russian planes as they also like sparing their anti-tank rockets (KH-25's and 29's) for some reason. Honestly, I've never seen them use any. Weird..

US helicopters on the other hand work pretty well, regularly using their anti-tank missiles when renengaging a target.

Sorry, I don't want to sound like I am bad-mouthing you or anything, but at this point it's getting pretty frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Lothear said:

What's happened to the russian helicopters? They used to attack vehicles pretty regularly using their ATGM's, even from like 1-2 km's away, but over the course of the last few updates, they have progressively ceased using them.
If I ever see them use their ATGM's, it's like one and done and only from a medium range (like 900 meters or so and I didn't even notice it apart from the virtual reality), and up close (600 m and in) they just use their unguided rockets with horrendous accuracy - missing a target by hundreds of meters. Even if you tried to equip them with only ATGM's, they would rather use their canon than fire a rocket. For instance, Ka-52, which is exhibiting the worse behaviour, just circles aimlessly around doing nothing until it gets shot down by enemy tanks.

The same goes russian planes as they also like sparing their anti-tank rockets (KH-25's and 29's) for some reason. Honestly, I've never seen them use any. Weird..

US helicopters on the other hand work pretty well, regularly using their anti-tank missiles when renengaging a target.

Sorry, I don't want to sound like I am bad-mouthing you or anything, but at this point it's getting pretty frustrating.

Perhaps try filling ticket next time here http://feedback.rhsmods.org

it my save you some frustration in the future ;)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Perhaps try filling ticket next time here http://feedback.rhsmods.org

it my save you some frustration in the future ;)

I will, thanks, Reyhard.

Hello

First nice update!

But new Bugs inside, and already reportet

70EDBA4A1A96DD9C0FE6C71445DF07151E507FCB

have someone other that bug too with Advenced flight Modell and Intrument ui on?

I hope RHS can fix that.

• Like 1

Hello, thank you for hotfix, but:
1) Abrams still indestructible
2) Binocular M24 still have wrong animation
3) T-90 still missing "Shtora"
4) MP7A1 still have bug with AN\PEQ-15\16 (top)

17 minutes ago, Ulmann said:

Hello, thank you for hotfix, but:
1) Abrams still indestructible

just tested this in editor, all abrams versions vs pg7vl into rear side of turret= all of them exploded, hit into rear hull=all of them had disabled engines,

frontally with 3BM48 APFSDS all of them disabled/destroyed in 1-3 shots into different places,so i dont really understand what is your problem