4 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

that tokarev is already in the game, and they never said anything about adding that PPSh. it would be nice, but they never gave any hint that it would be included here.

Creator of PPSh specifically specified it would be part of RHS:GREF, however the model was publicly posted 4 months ago and plans may have changed by then.

2 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Creator of PPSh specifically specified it would be part of RHS:GREF, however the model was publicly posted 4 months ago and plans may have changed by then.

Not changed, we simply did not get to it. Lots of things have been going on the last 4 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

Thanks for the update!

Question: For those of us that run multiple weapons mods and run compatibility mods to get all of the weapons and ammo to play nice, how do we go about fixing the compats to work with the new magazine system? At present if I try to use "Mod X" magazines with RHS weapons the magazine is invisible. Thanks in advance.

There is nothing you can do right now except adding magazine proxies to those weapons too. Documentation for magazine proxies should be available soon

• Like 1

hello! Amazing work, your update is great! I ve got one question thoug, is the VHS the base line for the katiba rifle in the vanilla game? Because it looks like a current version of it! 

Just now, marez12 said:

hello! Amazing work, your update is great! I ve got one question thoug, is the VHS the base line for the katiba rifle in the vanilla game? Because it looks like a current version of it! 

Nah it's a prototype Iranian rifle,  the KH 2002 Sama.

• Confused 1

1).  Great update, I've been itching for this for a while.  It's nice to be scratched.  

2).  I'll ask here and post a bug report later if it's not just me...  Anyone else having issues with PKM/PKP mags in Virtural Arsenal?  

3).  Beautiful UH1H, VHS's, that M1 is beautiful so far, canoe motor boat noises give me a chuckle(please replace with sound of human making motor noises :) ), I like the direction RHS is going with Gref, HIDF forces are really rounded out now, M3A1(SD) is awesome, Magazine selection thingy is spectacular, and lastly thank you.  Nice work.

• Like 1

Id like to remind you of few bugs, and make a new report

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3406

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3798

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=4279

And, wishfull thinking-

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=610

Now for the "new" one (Which is not new, but maybe it will finally be dealt with)

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=4367

Cheers.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Charlie 7 said:

2).  I'll ask here and post a bug report later if it's not just me...  Anyone else having issues with PKM/PKP mags in Virtural Arsenal?  

yeah, can't find the PKM/PKP Mags for some reason

3 hours ago, Charlie 7 said:

I'll ask here and post a bug report later if it's not just me...  Anyone else having issues with PKM/PKP mags in Virtural Arsenal?  

1 hour ago, zivooo said:

yeah, can't find the PKM/PKP Mags for some reason

try without any other mods please

On 8/14/2018 at 12:08 AM, da12thMonkey said:

In real life, HIMARS (and almost all FMTV variants for that matter) need their tyres deflating in order to fit in a C-130. They're too tall to fit in under normal circumstances.

You can see it in the photo you posted.

Might be something we could do in Arma (would have been dead easy in Arma 2, but physX wheels are a bit more complex). However, it's not something to approach with high priority.

Additional factoid:

In the original series of FMTV A0s (i.e. long before the trucks had armoured cabs), there was a special "LVAD" subset of FMTV variants that had collapsible cabins, so that they could be air-dropped and driven from the LZ without as much heavy equipment as is needed to prepare a normal FMTV for transportation in a C-130.

The SOCOM M1084 that Richards added in the mod, is based on that kind of cab.

Thanks for the clarification!!

Are there any plans for additional MLRS ammo? I mean mostly the M31 and M30 guided rounds, as well as the ATACAMS. All of them can be launched from HIMARS units. ATACAMS may not even need a new launcher model, because it uses a 6-lid container that makes it look the same as a standard launcher from outside.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cpt.ghost said:

the PKM mags will not show up in arsenal because of ACE/RHSRAF compat

Ace3 and or Ace3 AFRF Compat seems to be the issue. (blushes at not double checking myself)...  

So back to my original comments... Love the update! 

I love RHS , but something needs to be done about AFRF to make it up to date, I mean really guys, it's literally just config, I can do that myself: everything is just so outdated on russian infantry. From top, helmet 6B27M not standard issue, at least not anymore, 6B71M and new 6B47 would be more accurate, the sarf is not even in use at all, never seen a russian federation soldier wear that, VKBO balaclava, mostly worn during cold time, balistic vest 6B23 with 6sh92... please change that to 6sh116, even 6sh116 being replaced by 6sh117, also 6B45 replace 6B23. Uniform is fine, though you could add 6SH122 in the future, gloves should also be added, "Ratnik" gloves issued since awhile now. Kneepads and elbow pads are details and kinda bit of work, but 6B51set is issued. ESS on helmet is also a common thing especially in VDV. The VMF only has Flora camo... Please, that isn't used since more than 4 years straight! This is feedback  and should take it as so, really appreciate all of your hard work. Down below 45th Guards reconaissance  regiment of VDV and russian soldiers in Syria.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Russian-Airborne-Troops.jpgOK_Fausto.jpgRussian-soldiers-in-Syria.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrDBoy12 said:

I love RHS , but something needs to be done about AFRF to make it up to date, I mean really guys, it's literally just config, I can do that myself: everything is just so outdated on russian infantry. From top, helmet 6B27M not standard issue, at least not anymore, 6B71M and new 6B47 would be more accurate, the sarf is not even in use at all, never seen a russian federation soldier wear that, VKBO balaclava, mostly worn during cold time, balistic vest 6B23 with 6sh92... please change that to 6sh116, even 6sh116 being replaced by 6sh117, also 6B45 replace 6B23. Uniform is fine, though you could add 6SH122 in the future, gloves should also be added, "Ratnik" gloves issued since awhile now. Kneepads and elbow pads are details and kinda bit of work, but 6B51set is issued. ESS on helmet is also a common thing especially in VDV. The VMF only has Flora camo... Please, that isn't used since more than 4 years straight! This is feedback  and should take it as so, really appreciate all of your hard work. Down below 45th Guards reconaissance  regiment of VDV and russian soldiers in Syria.         

Just a note - we are not trying to constantly update loadout of all units and instead we decided to make some loadout for ~2008-2014+ (with some exceptions). Changing loadouts of already existing classes would be a little bit messy because imagine someone making mission set in 2008 and then he gets all 2018 fancy stuff. There might be added some additional groups/ categories (like maybe EMR 2018 or something like that) but we have to be careful there since its easy to make thousands of classes variants which are impossible to handle/clog whole editor. 

10 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Are there any plans for additional MLRS ammo? I mean mostly the M31 and M30 guided rounds, as well as the ATACAMS. All of them can be launched from HIMARS units. ATACAMS may not even need a new launcher model, because it uses a 6-lid container that makes it look the same as a standard launcher from outside.

There are configs entries for it already it but its not as easy you portray since they need new models.

Btw: Did anyone tried to play with SPBE-500D? ;) It's configuration is not final (missing parachute stage & model for it) but it still quite funny toy to disable vehicles in game

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/spbe-500d.htm

Code for testing

{cameraon setPylonLoadOut [_x,"rhs_mag_rbk500_spbed",true,[]]}foreach [1,2,3,4,5,6]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How can I accurately throw these ammunition (rbk kmgu spbe )on   tanks from a  height (1000-2000m)? Only with vanilla ccip + ? 

I'll try it out. It looks like a Russian equivalent to SADARM, which would be nice to have. Speaking of which, does US have any SADARM rounds available, or is the Russian variant a test case for the concept?

Hello, can anybody help me with the Tu-95? Whenever I launch a missile (conventional and nuclear) it just flies right over the target it is supposed to hit

Hello, I ve got an other question, does anyone know how to propely use the 9K11 anti tank missile? I might be the first to ask but it s a bit unclear how it works. 

7 minutes ago, marez12 said:

Hello, I ve got an other question, does anyone know how to propely use the 9K11 anti tank missile? I might be the first to ask but it s a bit unclear how it works. 

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/bmp1

It's still sort of WIP

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

I'll try it out. It looks like a Russian equivalent to SADARM, which would be nice to have. Speaking of which, does US have any SADARM rounds available, or is the Russian variant a test case for the concept?

Sort of test - new parameters brought with Encore update allowed to do something like that effectively

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

does US have any SADARM rounds available, or is the Russian variant a test case for the concept?

As reyhard said:

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

new parameters brought with Encore update allowed to do something like that effectively

While I was doing the work on the US Tactical Munition Dispensers pre-Encore, we were in fact having no success in getting submunitions to select multiple targets. They would all either converge on a single target vehicle, or the centre of the parent dispenser's CCIP "target" on the ground

I wanted to do CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon when I was doing the new CBU-87 CEM and CBU-89 GATOR models. As people may have noticed: we now have a fully modelled SUU-65 dispenser and BLU-97 for CBU-87, plus the SUU-64 dispenser and BLU-91/BLU-92 mines for CBU-89.

But it didn't seem worthwhile to do work on the SFW, if it wasn't going to work properly. So I shelved initial plans to model the BLU-108 and required part to convert the SUU-64 to SUU-66 (only difference is a cover for the two option lanyards on the right, and removal of the mine self-destruct timer on the left side of the dispenser).

I might have another look at it in future, now that we can make more or less functional sensor fuzed munitions.

Is there a way to open and close the cockpit doors of helicopters via a trigger/script etc? Some helicopters you have certain options in the ArmA menu to open and close doors. I would like to do that with the cockpit doors as well. Maybe via an addaction command...

20 minutes ago, kibyde said:

Is there a way to open and close the cockpit doors of helicopters via a trigger/script etc? Some helicopters you have certain options in the ArmA menu to open and close doors. I would like to do that with the cockpit doors as well. Maybe via an addaction command...

When in the editor there is a menu option for configs. Find cfgVehicles and look for the RHS_ tags for the class name you want and drill into it looking for something like 'user actions'. I usually find what I need in there, such as an RHS script that could be called via addAction. I'm at work or I would give you a more precise answer.

While RHS is looking better and better and there are great looking changes regarding helicopters, namely the AH-64D I must say that these new changes with the latest patch makes the AH-64D a bit unplayable specially during night time.

Despite the new IHADSS implementation looks very interesting at first glance I must say (and sorry for this) that in practical terms it doesn't work well and neither it is more realistic than the "vanilla" HMD implementations or the IHADSS implementation in the previous versions of RHS and this is why:

1- IHADSS is not an helmet! IHADSS is a device that's attached to an helmet.

Apache%20helmet%2016%20Feb%202015.jpg

This is IHADSS:

hidss.jpg

Here:

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/2015/02/elbit-apache-helmets.html

You can read the following:

The display unit attaches to the side of the helmet and feeds pilotage, navigation, and weapon-aiming symbology and imagery from the Apache's nose-mounted infrared camera to the crew member's right eye via a half-mirror, optical combiner.

2- When using IHADSS night vision, IHADSS stops showing the flight and targeting information - This makes night time navigation which is one of IHADSS main features/purposes totally useless, I'm afraid.

3- Related to the previous points, with the current implementation it is impossible to attach Night Vision Googles (NVGs). If this would be possible (like it is in real life, see image below) at least it would partially fix problem 2-

Attaching and using NVGs together with IHADSS is possible and often used operationally as it can be seen in the photo below:

a-pilot-equipped-with-night-vision-goggl     

So technically any helmet can be fitted with IHADSS which IMO contradicts a bit the new feature of having a dedicated helmet for using IHADSS. But if this "strategy" is to be followed in the future than I would advise let the player to be able to attach NVGs to the "IHADSS helmet" - this at least would partially solve problems 2- and 3-

Also related to the Apache but a different subject are the Hellfire missiles on the Apache with this newest RHS version: 

- They miss a lot when using an AI as the gunner! I'm don't know why this is happening but it happens very, very often! This happens with both the AGM-114K Laser guided version and the AGM-114L Radar guided version of the Hellfire.

I also noticed that the "laser pointer" seems to be a bit lower to the left regarding the center of the crosshair when playing as the gunner, perhaps this could be a reason why the AGM-114K (Laser guided Hellfire) is missing a lot. On the other hand the AGM-114L (Radar guided) also seems to miss alot.   

Yes, I'm aware that this is a "work in progress" but unfortunately these new features as they currently are, unfortunately makes the Apache unplayable in some/many situation such as night time. I would say with sorrow that it would probably be better to have the features of the previous version of RHS instead of these new features (despite being very promising).