2 minutes ago, Frenki said:

Whats progres on TV guided missles for Mig-29, they are still not operational?

They are not fully operational but you can more or less use it now. I'm still planing to finish it one day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those UH-1H are amazing! Really like the different camo schemes! Now we just need the Unimog from Global Mobilization in HIDF camo!

So that it's not overlooked by people skimming the release text on Facebook, forgotten about in the excitement to try all the new things in this update, or concealed by the variety of problems we're currently having with the RHS website: I thought I better do a post directly in the forum regarding the blogpost we've prepared, explaining the equipment changes in GREF (which were hinted at previously in this thread)

http://www.rhsmods.org/b/11

• Like 5

Congrats on the update! It all looks great. Really excited for all the love that the HIDF is getting. Are we gonna get a Tanoa themed OPFOR faction for them to fight? 

Could anyone share some media of the new UH-1H's for the ones unlucky enough to have no access to their computer right now? :*

40 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

no, only steam.

Ok...so how to have the files for a server(without workshop)? will you add a link to your site?thank you

31 minutes ago, ab_luca said:

Ok...so how to have the files for a server(without workshop)? will you add a link to your site?thank you

Try googling Arma 3 Steam Mod Update Server - there are solution both for windows & linux machines

• Thanks 1

I would like to ask if there's a feature for the C-130 for Static Line Paradrop and if so, how do I do it?

Hi...

Funny you should mention it - I was playing around with exactly this feature over the weekend - before the update... The RHS team made it EXTREMELY simple to implement - in the editor - just load up a C130 with all your squads - create waypoints to create the path to your drop zone - at the point you want the troops to disembark - place the special “RHS Paradrop” waypoint (under the RHS category in waypoints) - that’s it - your squads will automatically static line jump from the aircraft starting at this point...

It really looks quite realistic - superb job whomever made this for RHS...

No need to equip squads with parachutes - the RHS function automatically equips with standard round chute and spaces the jumpers realistically...

In my setup - I slowed the aircraft down to 270 KPH and set the altitude to 250 meters well before the drop zone... I had two aircraft - one thirty seconds behind the first - with a total of 60 jumpers... Looks impressive...

My only beef - is the RHS waypoint - seems to force a landing immediately after the drop is complete - ignoring all other waypoints that come after... I can’t seem to override this - so it’s a bit unrealistic landing at the airport my squads are assaulting... I got around this by deleting the C130’s via a trigger shortly after the drop...

Enjoy...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Problem with that is, you need AI pilot. It would be nice to have action menu item to start the static line jump(so forcing all players out) with parachutes inside the airplane inventory (so possible to use steerable or not steerable chutes based on wish). It will again open the chute right after person is out like in real static line jump

p.s. I will try to code something after my holiday for this

Is it a bug that when you go to reload the SMAW, you automatically stand up and then reload?

No that is not a bug. That is how you would do it in real life, you cant lay down and reload a weapon like that

17 minutes ago, Gravefiend said:

No that is not a bug. That is how you would do it in real life, you cant lay down and reload a weapon like that

Was not talking of laying down, was speaking of if you try to reload while kneeling, you automatically stand up.

IRL the HIMARS is able to be loaded onto the C-130J, but in arma it doesn't fit, not sure if it is the HIMARS being to big, or the C-130J being to small. Any one able to verify any of it, and if it will see changes in the future

tech-sgt-michael-brown-a-mc-130j-command

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gravefiend said:

You can if you have to. It's clumsy and probably not recommended (especially on dirt or mud), but if there isn't anything tall to hide behind, then reloading when prone might be the only option. It mostly involves replacing the rocket canister, so it's not like it's something terribly delicate.

1 hour ago, Foxone said:

not sure if it is the HIMARS being to big, or the C-130J being to small

In real life, HIMARS (and almost all FMTV variants for that matter) need their tyres deflating in order to fit in a C-130. They're too tall to fit in under normal circumstances.

You can see it in the photo you posted.

Might be something we could do in Arma (would have been dead easy in Arma 2, but physX wheels are a bit more complex). However, it's not something to approach with high priority.

Additional factoid:

In the original series of FMTV A0s (i.e. long before the trucks had armoured cabs), there was a special "LVAD" subset of FMTV variants that had collapsible cabins, so that they could be air-dropped and driven from the LZ without as much heavy equipment as is needed to prepare a normal FMTV for transportation in a C-130.

The SOCOM M1084 that Richards added in the mod, is based on that kind of cab.

• Like 3

Wouldn't compressing the suspension all the way be a workable substitute? IIRC, a few vehicles do that when loaded into a transport.

I can 100% confirm that all accessories on any weapon system that is used in the US army has some form of tie down be it steel wire or 550 cord like in RHS. I have personally spent 2 days on lock down looking for a PEQ15 that fell off a M4. And thats no record I've heard of people who got locked down for a month.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

From my time in the USMC, we were taught to dummy cord our stuff from the beginning, from Infantry School, all the way to my last deployment. Not only PEQ's, but RCO's, NVG's, sometimes the occasional boot to his rifle.

• Like 4

Hello guys. I have a bug to report. I placed a M142 HIMARS with just the driver to check things out, and it turns out that when occupying the commanders seat I could select between my primary weapon and pistol and fire both while turned in.