11 hours ago, PuFu said:

will sure do, i just want to finish the black textures on this one (European SCAR-H version and specific decals) first

Oh crap, Black version? Is it for the Serbs? cause they only adopted the L version.. H version belongs to their Special Police unit.

52 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

SOCOM usage of M320s seems to be that they are always carried as a standalone module; not mounted on SCAR. I've never even seen one mounted on a M4B2/B3 or a HK416 in SOCOM images for that matter. Only older M4A1 configurations even in the presence of newer rifles.

If you think about it, yeah you never see them carrying an underslung GL of any sort for the newer generation of rifles. I'm assuming it's because they don't need that firepower in the first place since most of their operations isn't direct action. If it was they have bigger things to use.

12 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Why so? The rifle is very well capable of using the older GLs, which are in RHS. From what I found, the US forces don't use the EGLM, anyway, so using something like M320 seems like a logical choice.

from my entire reference gathering tour i did, i haven't seen a single MK17 rifle being used with EGLM and/or any sort of attached grenade launcher. That goes for the very few MK16s that are still about.

12 hours ago, Flari said:

Afaik SOCOM stopped purchasing SCAR-Ls and is using the conversion kit for the MK17 instead, so for a US Forces themed mod the latter would be more appropriate. 

indeed. i know it exists, i have no idea if it is actually in use and fielded. But since i plan doing the SCAR-L military version (so it is an MK16 anyways), not sure how to do it. still.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/04/29/potd-caliber-converted-scar-mk17/

12 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

the only instance I can recall seeing any GL besides the ELGM being mounted on a SCAR-series rifle is an M203... in Call of Duty. It just doesn't happen much. generally speaking, in US use, the guys who get the SCARs are not the guys who get the GLs anyways. if you absolutely MUST have a grenade launcher and a SCAR, you can always just use the standalone M320 that is available in the secondary slot.

indeed. 

10 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Oh crap, Black version? Is it for the Serbs? cause they only adopted the L version.. H version belongs to their Special Police unit.

precisely for the SAF (and maybe other countries made by 3rd parties that are using it).

I mean you can see some scars being used in kenya out of all places.
799224-660x428.jpeg

If you think about it, yeah you never see them carrying an underslung GL of any sort for the newer generation of rifles. I'm assuming it's because they don't need that firepower in the first place since most of their operations isn't direct action. If it was they have bigger things to use.

so, for ArmA use, the EGLM can simply be skipped altogether. I am not planning to allow any other sort of GL to be fit on it. I have said i have no plans for that EGLM because i don't see it as a priority for RHS anyways. Might do it at some point, after the SCAR-L just so i have the entire FN SCAR package done if nothing else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PuFu said:

any sort of attached grenade launcher

Generally the majority of the countries has make a turn to use MSGL , Multi-Shot Grenade Launcher, instead of an attachment.

logo_head.png

M32A1-MSGL

http://milkorusa.com/product/m32a1-usmc-40mm-v-02/

product_M32A1_01.jpg

RG-6 or 6G30

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RG-6_grenade_launcher

1024px-RG-6_Interpolitex-2011.jpg

Remember children, Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should!

2 hours ago, PuFu said:

indeed. i know it exists, i have no idea if it is actually in use and fielded. But since i plan doing the SCAR-L military version (so it is an MK16 anyways), not sure how to do it. still.

5.56 NATO conversion kit are used by 75th Rangers Regiment for years. Here is a perfect example, might help you with your development: 

• Thanks 3

@PuFu I understand that there will be no version of the mk 17 with the eglm but my I ask why we have have a mk 18 mod 1 with a m320 ?

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Jordi.M said:

@PuFu I understand that there will be no version of the mk 17 with the eglm but my I ask why we have have a mk 18 mod 1 with a m320 ?

Because RHS made it and because it's a quite common combination in US Forces actually? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jordi.M said:

do you also understand that your question makes no sense? what does MK17 have to do with MK18? really curious to know what you mean by that

• Like 2

@PuFu The UH-60s are labelled as Mike models, but they have none of the features of Mike model UH-60s. The ones currently in game have the wrong exhaust, wrong rotor blades, wrong interior, wrong weapons, etc. Do you see those aircraft being updated to actual Mike models in the future? 

Thanks to you and your fellow RHS modders for spending hours of your free time to make this awesome mod. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Montgomery said:

@PuFu The UH-60s are labelled as Mike models, but they have none of the features of Mike model UH-60s. The ones currently in game have the wrong exhaust, wrong rotor blades, wrong interior, wrong weapons, etc. Do you see those aircraft being updated to actual Mike models in the future? 

not 100% sure why these are labeled as Mike variants.
There are long terms plans for improving most of the A2 meshes we use, but there are times when for some stuff, it is easier just to model it from ground up.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Montgomery said:

Do you see those aircraft being updated to actual Mike models in the future?

Isn't worthwhile to do to the ported Arma 2 model

We've reached out to other addon makers in the past who have worked on more accurate UH-60M models, but haven't received positive  interest from them.

So as it stands our option is making an entirely new Blackhawk model from scratch. But that takes a ton of time and dedication to do; and probably isn't happening in the near term.

• Like 2

Now that the Tank DLC has been out for some time, is there any new things planed like the AAV or LAV? Sense the marines are kind of lacking in the armor department lol. I know the RHS Team would make beautiful ones too :f:

1 hour ago, payne2010 said:

Now that the Tank DLC has been out for some time, is there any new things planed like the AAV or LAV? Sense the marines are kind of lacking in the armor department lol. I know the RHS Team would make beautiful ones too :f:

there are tons of things "planned" - but that doesn't necessary translate directly into any of our 3d artists working on it. Most here have no idea how much time a model made from scratch in hobby time takes, especially with a job, familly etc that are "using" the same type of free time. 

I really doubt there is any "suggestion" you can make here that we have not think about ourselves.

To somewhat answer your question, there is no one actually working on a new AAV model as far as i know.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PuFu said:

there are tons of things "planned" - but that doesn't necessary translate directly into any of our 3d artists working on it. Most here have no idea how much time a model made from scratch in hobby time takes, especially with a job, familly etc that are "using" the same type of free time. 

I really doubt there is any "suggestion" you can make here that we have not think about ourselves.

To somewhat answer your question, there is no one actually working on a new AAV model as far as i know.

I under stand completely, I've just been curious because having to download another mod for the unit just to have a certain vehicle that I know can be made way better by you guys, sucks. But I enjoy every update, keep up the good work!

On 8/5/2018 at 4:53 PM, payne2010 said:

I under stand completely, I've just been curious because having to download another mod for the unit just to have a certain vehicle... 

well, for you it might be the AAV or LAV, for someone else it might be some F18 or whatever, for some other it might be RPK (*pun). Yeah i know, ideally it would be "make all things" but that is not really feasible. 

• Like 4

Is there any idea on when the next update for RHS will release? I know it was said that it was going to be after the Encore update due to the mod team (or the mod itself) being on the Dev Branch and was forced to wait till then. 

Going without my beloved Bradley due to the armor and whatnot broken from the Tanks DLC for almost 4 months or so is heartbreaking. :icon_cry:

• Sad 2

It was like this in the previous update, as well (even worse, in fact, I believe they clocked over 6 months between releases). I do hope they aren't inclined to go for another record, but it's a very real possibility. Tanks DLC involved some drastic changes, maybe not as bad as Jets DLC (not to mention of the RHS devs was heavily involved), but it's balanced by the fact that there are a lot more tracked vehicles in the mod, all of which need to be updated. 

2 hours ago, mannulus said:

Is there any idea on when the next update for RHS will release?

ideally this week...emphasis on ideally

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

It was like this in the previous update, as well (even worse, in fact, I believe they clocked over 6 months between releases). I do hope they aren't inclined to go for another record, but it's a very real possibility. Tanks DLC involved some drastic changes, maybe not as bad as Jets DLC (not to mention of the RHS devs was heavily involved), but it's balanced by the fact that there are a lot more tracked vehicles in the mod, all of which need to be updated. 

i think this upcoming updated holds the record, since 0.4.5 was released on 16th of January 2018. 

• Like 16

well that is good news even if it is ideally im hopeful anyways. if it doesn't then it doesn't just keep up the good work lads

Hey RHS devs what status on deploying new update? what left to do before release, im not going to ask when, because when its done, but what needs to be done? 

Hey RHS devs what status on deploying new update? what left to do before release, im not going to ask when, because when its done, but what needs to be done? 
Read the comments above yours.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, mihal190 said:

It was literally answered 2 post above yours...

2 hours ago, PuFu said:

ideally this week...emphasis on ideally

The current delay is because we haven't mp tested at all yet to make sure everything works, due to people having lives and being busy and silly reasons like that. We have a lot of fixes and new content that aren't fully finished, but are more or less in working condition... or at least it works better now than it does in the present release, post Tanks DLC update. In all likelihood, the next patch will be a bit of a WIP update that will need lots of community testing and feedback, which will probably be followed with a hotfix "relatively soon" after its release.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, mihal190 said:

but what needs to be done? 

inhouse tests (MP) more or less.

Both @reyhard & @da12thMonkey need a couple of bronze statues each on on this upcoming update.

• Like 10