On 7/28/2018 at 2:28 AM, ballistic09 said:

Probably not... At least not without creating a separate model and class for each vehicle with a different optic, which would bloat the mod quite heavily.

While it's highly unlikely that we'll add any kind of optics for the M2's on standard/basic vehicles like the M1025 or M113, we'll probably do it for more exotic SF type stuff, which I believe we've teased about already:f:

Thanks man! Appreciate the reply.

I blame the US for not giving their HMGs optics :p

Feel free to remove this if you guys consider this a "will you make X" question. But based off what I've seen on ArtStation, is it fair to expect the VHS bullpup assault rifle posted by the designer here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JAQaR to make an appearance in RHS? I'm only asking since he states its free for anyone to use and mentions RHS helping him import it to the ARMA engine.

Isn't that VHS-2 a separate mod already? Or might be another model.

It's on Steam somewhere.

8 hours ago, bars91 said:

Isn't that VHS-2 a separate mod already? Or might be another model.

It's on Steam somewhere.

Yes, Tim provided it to CROMOD, who already have a version of it ingame.

We will have it in RHS too, but we've developed separately apart from the initial top/pilot LOD and textures that Tim supplied. So there will be technical differences between the two like all the res LODs and shadows. And features, like our iteration using the safety mode, grip attachments system,  GL sight calibrated for our grenades etc. etc.

Not sure if CROMOD's has some different reload anims that ours doesn't (we're just using the Katiba ones at the moment), but handanims are also different

I'll say now, that one of the previously mentioned equipment changes to GREF, does involve the VHS-2

• Like 8

Awesome! Thanks for the response! I hope the Project OPFOR people take advantage and equip some of their Iraqi Army units with it since some Iraqi IRL units use it. Love the mod and thank you.

am I out of line to ask if anything is ever going to come of those takistani militia files in the gref folders? it would be really exciting to no longer need to outsource taliban type units to other mods.

• Like 2

There's no concerted effort towards making Takistani content at this time

5 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

There's no concerted effort towards making Takistani content at this time

torn between a sad react and a thanks react lol. oh well, thanks for the response. CUP and project opfor are perfectly fine anyways.

I have been trying to play with Mechanized Teams and would like to ask if it's only me, or the AI is having amazing difficulties hitting AT missiles, in particular the bradley launched TOWs, against moving vehicles? I think the problem has something to do with the top attack option, that shouldn't be a TOW option in the first place. Anyone?

2 small questions i cannot find the answer to.

the hmmwv models under the us army and marine crop factions for whatever reason is missing the bullbar weather it is set to switch to old bumper or not it does not show and i would normally take this as an omission but i have seen screen caps and other media showing it on there and after confirming the models were indeed RHS i figured i would ask it here. 

2nd question and this one is a little more of a fact finding mission so i dont have to sit in the eden editor all day.

what features ( i know this is broad but bare with me) does RHS incorporate (i.e) the mk v soc boat what vehicles can be stored using the load function.

what vehicles can the bigger trucks load and unload. what items can and cannot be stored in the back of the hmmwv models in the varying factions. what can and cannot be carried using varying scripts and other features. is there an online FAQ for this info or is it pretty much a figure it out by using scenario

i only ask as this is a fairly huge modification with the USAF and Russain armed forces and i know there is alot going on under the hood that some of us out here may not be aware of 

thanks for your time. 

• Like 1

Well done! Textures and baking is top notch! Would you post this to Artstation to show off the finer details and planning? :P

• Thanks 1

RHS devs have got to be the biggest tease's in the Arma 3 community by far :rotfl:, No matter what little teaser pic they show, it just makes you want it more and more but you just cant have it. Yet......

Keep up the amazing work lads! Cant wait!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Well done! Textures and baking is top notch! Would you post this to Artstation to show off the finer details and planning? :P

will sure do, i just want to finish the black textures on this one (European SCAR-H version and specific decals) first

4 minutes ago, Ulmann said:

Nice SCAR-H, any plans to EGLM/Mk16?

MK16 yes, still torn between using an MK16 conversion kit on the MK17 and the SCAR-L version (which will come either way). I have no plans for the EGLM

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PuFu said:

MK16 yes, still torn between using an MK16 conversion kit on the MK17 and the SCAR-L version (which will come either way). I have no plans for the EGLM

So, is the temporary m203,M320 grenade launcher attached to the SCAR rifle?

13 minutes ago, SUNDRYH said:

So, is the temporary m203,M320 grenade launcher attached to the SCAR rifle?

what what ?

He probably wanted to ask which GL will be used on GL variants of  SCAR. 

The obvious conclusion would be that there wont be GL variants of the SCAR

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Why so? The rifle is very well capable of using the older GLs, which are in RHS. From what I found, the US forces don't use the EGLM, anyway, so using something like M320 seems like a logical choice.

9 hours ago, PuFu said:

Afaik SOCOM stopped purchasing SCAR-Ls and is using the conversion kit for the MK17 instead, so for a US Forces themed mod the latter would be more appropriate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Why so? The rifle is very well capable of using the older GLs, which are in RHS. From what I found, the US forces don't use the EGLM, anyway, so using something like M320 seems like a logical choice.

the only instance I can recall seeing any GL besides the ELGM being mounted on a SCAR-series rifle is an M203... in Call of Duty. It just doesn't happen much. generally speaking, in US use, the guys who get the SCARs are not the guys who get the GLs anyways. if you absolutely MUST have a grenade launcher and a SCAR, you can always just use the standalone M320 that is available in the secondary slot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

From what I found, the US forces don't use the EGLM, anyway, so using something like M320 seems like a logical choice.

SOCOM usage of M320s seems to be that they are always carried as a standalone module; not mounted on SCAR. I've never even seen one mounted on a M4B2/B3 or a HK416 in SOCOM images for that matter. Only older M4A1 configurations even in the presence of newer rifles.

Part of the reason why doing the Mk13 EGLM or isn't seen as imperative to us, is that the M320 seems to be a much more common alternative. And that the SCAR's most frequent use seems to be in 7.62mm configurations, employed as a sort of DMR or support weapon for spotters, while its use as an assault rifle seems secondary.

The Mk13 EGLM's employment seems likely to diminish even further now that the USMC/MARSOC is adopting the M320 in addition to the Army. So far, MARSOC are the only group we have actually observed using the SCAR/EGLM combo, but even here the SCAR is not as common weapon for grenadiers as an M4B2/M203.

Not saying it will never ever be made. But Pufu doesn't want to make it alongside the SCAR, and it's not a priority for anyone else right now either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's few pics of EGLMs mounted on Mk17s on AFSOC pics, not many tho. And then there's this one:

Spoiler

Mk17 with M320

9aacf9bef5313cc87b63427b4943cbc0.jpg

I haven't seen any more so I'd also say it's not really worth the effort.