1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

what A2 that's been teased? I've never seen any indication that RHS was making one?

I don't know either, the only picture I was able to find was of a mod that adds the GSTAVO's M16A2 to the HIDF loadout through configs

10 hours ago, fingolfin said:

7wYxvepLwBw.jpg

Is that muzzle device for grenade launching?

59 minutes ago, Greensnack said:

Is that muzzle device for grenade launching?

It's an L2A1 recoil reducer.

4 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

what A2 that's been teased? I've never seen any indication that RHS was making one?

It was a LOOOONG time ago.

On 8/29/2016 at 5:33 PM, mistyronin said:

The addition of the M16A2 is something we would like to have in the mid-term. One of our devs is specially keen on getting it. So hopefully, in some months...  :)

yeah never actually believe @mistyronin ;) there were some small attempts done, all i can say that there is no current active development on it afaik.

• Sad 2

Hiya all.

Sorry for asking a possibly stupid question but haven't been able to scrounge up an answer anywhere.

Is it possible to outfit the M2 HMG with a scope or some such? I'm mostly thinking about the vehicle-mounted ones like on the HMVV (or M113).

One of the players in my group would prefer something like 3.4x on them and since I've been curious as well, figured I could ask here.

Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, Elienore said:

Is it possible to outfit the M2 HMG with a scope or some such? I'm mostly thinking about the vehicle-mounted ones like on the HMVV (or M113).

Probably not... At least not without creating a separate model and class for each vehicle with a different optic, which would bloat the mod quite heavily.

While it's highly unlikely that we'll add any kind of optics for the M2's on standard/basic vehicles like the M1025 or M113, we'll probably do it for more exotic SF type stuff, which I believe we've teased about already:f:

• Like 2

yummy, does that mean that boat is still in the works?

Something I wondered while trying to do CAS at night with the Mi-8.
Is there any particular reason that there is a lack of illumination/marking ammunitions such as the SAB-100, S-8 TsM, S-8 O, etc for the aircrafts?

Note : Thanks for the great mod. Keep up the great work!

22 minutes ago, electroesper said:

Is there any particular reason that there is a lack of illumination/marking ammunitions such as the SAB-100, S-8 TsM, S-8 O, etc for the aircrafts?

Arma's implementation of rockets isn't exactly ideal for illum/smoke rocket employment. You can only have one kind of rocket per pod, and aircraft flying with e.g. 20x S-8OMs in a e.g B-8 pod isn't typical - they're usually in smaller numbers mixed in with offensive rockets in those kinds of large-capacity pods

It's just not something we have seen as having high priority, since we consider that not many people will elect to give up a large number of offensive rockets in order to fire smoke/illum.

Also, ideally we would have distinct rocket models for such different warheads and their different stages; and it takes time and effort to make them.

• Like 2

I have a question about the 50cal and mk19 on the Humvees. Idk if its just me but it seem like the gun is really low on the turret, or the gunner him self just sits way to high in the turret and holds the gun in his lower chest. 

7 hours ago, payne2010 said:

I have a question about the 50cal and mk19 on the Humvees. Idk if its just me but it seem like the gun is really low on the turret, or the gunner him self just sits way to high in the turret and holds the gun in his lower chest. 

Arma man is ~ 6'1": above average height for US servicemen. So there is naturally some compared to variance in the position of gun mounts relative to tall people compared to shorter people

And also bear in mind that positioning the unit with his head higher above the gun stops the gun blocking so much of your view first person when not aiming down the sights. Games are somewhat more limited in their field of view and the ability of people to look around objects for situational awareness, and animation positioning needs to account for this.

• Like 3

hello.

Can this exterior camera be fixed for planed and helicopters?

I mean:

for helicopters, it's a bit too far (compared to vanilla ones - but still playable, no worry) and for the planes, it's way too close (compared to vanilla ones - really too close)

Thanks ;)

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

Arma man is ~ 6'1": above average height for US servicemen. So there is naturally some compared to variance in the position of gun mounts relative to tall people compared to shorter people

And also bear in mind that positioning the unit with his head higher above the gun stops the gun blocking so much of your view first person when not aiming down the sights. Games are somewhat more limited in their field of view and the ability of people to look around objects for situational awareness, and animation positioning needs to account for this.

I ve noticed curious thing regarding all vehicles equipped with M2 .50 cal and Mk19 though. When right click zoomed to iron sights on gunner station, animations like ammo belt feed, reload, feed tray cover or recoil don t work. Don t know if it s a bug or feature for better situational awareness but if I recall correctly it used to work ok in older versions of RHS. I havn t tested the Russian vehicles yet in that regard I don t use them that much as player vehicles.

Regards.

19 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

if I recall correctly it used to work ok in older versions of RHS

Might be various tanks DLC changes affecting which LOD is used when aiming down the sights.

Addition of interiors to various turrets and new view parameters were introduced, and have had an affect on how certain turrets display.

We fixed several instances of this wrong LOD display after Tanks DLC, but I haven't checked absolutely for the reload anims etc.

Edit:- After testing quickly, belts etc. are working in ADS view in our internal version, with the correct view LOD

5 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

ah makes sense. I also have one more question, will the transport Humvee ever get a m240 mount or possibly have a slot in the Humvee to were some one can stand in the bed and face forward? So when its driving some were it can defend its self and not rely on another Humvee to come protect it, if the case arises.

Horizon Islands fisherman spots something strange in the mangrove near his fishing grounds.

Spoiler

vTmHfYz.png

pKzvr50.png

• Like 36
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Gimpy said:

Paddling animation ?

would it be RHS if they didnt get overly complicated to do things in the most authentic way possible?

• Like 5

Got an issue here and I wonder if it is something reported or not (search gives no result on my end).

Trying to use the MCLOS and SACLOS (mainly the 9m120) with the Mi-24, and they just don't track where the gunner looks at.
Not sure if I'm missing something on their use, but they just go and fly straight ahead.

Thanks in advance.

Edit : Did more investigation, seems to not be related to RHS, looking into which of my mods does it :/ 
Edit2 : Seems to related to using it as Zeus take control... For some reason...

17 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

Horizon Islands fisherman spots something strange in the mangrove near his fishing grounds.

Reveal hidden contents

vTmHfYz.png

pKzvr50.png

I hope FFV is enabled for faster retreat by recoil :drinking:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1