3 hours ago, sammael said:

More pages ago one of the RHS team member say , that AINET smart fuse system for HE-FRAG rounds are WIP and will be in the next update.

So will it be in the next update ? 

It was removed in 0.44 and no idea when it will be reintroduced

Is it safe to say at this point that we can expect to see the next RHS update after this up and coming A3 update? I feel like it would be kind of silly to release a mod update just to have another game update kick over your sand-castle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b00ce said:

Is it safe to say at this point that we can expect to see the next RHS update after this up and coming A3 update? I feel like it would be kind of silly to release a mod update just to have another game update kick over your sand-castle.

Yes that is correct ^^

Alright, another teaser, this time the Cougar MRAP! Exterior by Shaftynsky, interior by me!

5Yr3gTZ.png

Enjoy!

• Like 16

Good to know, now I won't be racing to the forums every day hoping for an RHS mod update. At least until the next A3 update comes out.

That cougar is looking great BTW. Are we by chance going to see a variant with an M240 on the pintle as well? It would be nice to see on other vehicles as well. Just about every convoy I see IRL has a majority of the guns mounted being M240s, which is why the M113 with the 240 is one of my favorite vehicles to place in missions for the purpose of balance. That said, I don't have any hopes or dreams, the Army stole those from me long ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, b00ce said:

Good to know, now I won't be racing to the forums every day hoping for an RHS mod update. At least until the next A3 update comes out.

That cougar is looking great BTW. Are we by chance going to see a variant with an M240 on the pintle as well? It would be nice to see on other vehicles as well. Just about every convoy I see IRL has a majority of the guns mounted being M240s, which is why the M113 with the 240 is one of my favorite vehicles to place in missions for the purpose of balance. That said, I don't have any hopes or dreams, the Army stole those from me long ago.

Yeah, it's not a bad shout. The reason I don't generally do it, is that every time you make a new weapon variant, you have to duplicate the model (p3d) file. That means the file size gets huge if you have a ton of variants, as unfortunately one model file can't have interchangeable weaponry, hopefully A4 will have such a feature.

But never say never, if there's enough mass demand then it could be easily done. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, b00ce said:

...especially since we are using tech available only on the dev/RC branch that is bound to be released with this encore DLC update, even if we wanted, we have no other option but to wait on BI to release that update on their end first

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Richards.D said:

Yeah, it's not a bad shout. The reason I don't generally do it, is that every time you make a new weapon variant, you have to duplicate the model (p3d) file. That means the file size gets huge if you have a ton of variants, as unfortunately one model file can't have interchangeable weaponry, hopefully A4 will have such a feature.

But never say never, if there's enough mass demand then it could be easily done. 

All fair points, fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, PuFu said:

...especially since we are using tech available only on the dev/RC branch that is bound to be released with this encore DLC update, even if we wanted, we have no other option but to wait on BI to release that update on their end first

Awwe SNAP! :yay:

Love the new MRAP!

With BI adding their new SAMs, is there any chance we could see something like in the RHS mod?

19 minutes ago, Greensnack said:

How do you tow the d30 howitzer after you've folded it?

I Don't think you can. As Arma doesn't really allow it.

1 hour ago, amkronix said:

With BI adding their new SAMs, is there any chance we could see something like in the RHS mod?

http://www.rhsmods.org/faq#1

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Foxone said:

I Don't think you can. As Arma doesn't really allow it.

quite a while ago i did some testing with the lesh towing mod and basically just added lesh entries for the howitzer. it kind of worked but would need a little more work. also, i haven't tried it with the new updated version of lesh, so i have no idea if it would still work.

• Like 1

Just wanted to stop in and say I have loved this mod from the first day I saw it on the forums you guys do awesome job and for free on your own time and for that I say thank you, and to any team who devotes thier free time to making amazing mods making arma even better. I will also say I would love to see the M240 on other vehicles but I also understand that it does take a lot of time and effort to do and does extend the file size which is always something that needs to be kept in mind.

• Like 2

Hey Red Hammers I fired up Arma2 recently and realised the Russian intro music is missing from your mod, any chance of adding it to A3 for nostalgia feels? lol

Is there any plans in the near future for the Abrams to get the crow system (for the commander) and or the mine plow? Keep up the good work, love the Cougar! 

9 hours ago, payne2010 said:

Is there any plans in the near future for the Abrams to get the crow system (for the commander) and or the mine plow? Keep up the good work, love the Cougar! 

For CROWS on the Abrams, it would need to be the SEP V2 variant, which has a host of other changes. It's something we've wanted to do for a long time, just no one free to work on it. So, unfortunately not in the near future, but something we definitely want eventually.

As far as the plow, there's no plans for that, definitely not a high priority. 

• Like 4

Just something I've been working on using RHS content

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

hey guys love the mod got a quick questions / bug report possibly feel free to point me in the right direction if im in the wrong thread. 

possibly my favorite vehicles in the mod are the 2 socom truck variants and the mrzr buggy from the socom tab. recently in the last day or so playing and mission editing

anytime i switch the socom trucks camo to woodland it looks fine but as soon as the player gets in it the whole vehicle goes black and the weird neon green color starts flashing all over the vehicles. the tan version is fine no issues there. the buggy wouldnt change color at all for a day or to after changing it in the garage in 3den now it will change i did not test if the weird black /neon green thing happens to that as well. if you need pictures for proof just pm me and ill be more then happy to send it to you guys

forgive me for the complaints i do love the mod as a whole it is excellent and i love the new mrap 

37 minutes ago, uscg pilot 12 said:

hey guys love the mod got a quick questions / bug report possibly feel free to point me in the right direction if im in the wrong thread. 

possibly my favorite vehicles in the mod are the 2 socom truck variants and the mrzr buggy from the socom tab. recently in the last day or so playing and mission editing

anytime i switch the socom trucks camo to woodland it looks fine but as soon as the player gets in it the whole vehicle goes black and the weird neon green color starts flashing all over the vehicles. the tan version is fine no issues there. the buggy wouldnt change color at all for a day or to after changing it in the garage in 3den now it will change i did not test if the weird black /neon green thing happens to that as well. if you need pictures for proof just pm me and ill be more then happy to send it to you guys

forgive me for the complaints i do love the mod as a whole it is excellent and i love the new mrap 

Hello, try to report it here http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

It might be worth to check if it is happening without any 3rd parts mods since perhaps it is some sort of mod/script conflict

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Hello, try to report it here http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

It might be worth to check if it is happening without any 3rd parts mods since perhaps it is some sort of mod/script conflict

i thought the same thing so i did i ran it with my full mod suite and with no mods only rhs (also tried it with rhs russin side of "escalation" ) and it happened it both which is extremly strange as i was playing with them on that new pulau map a couple of days ago and no issue then yesterday on that old australian map and then for testing on no mod vanialla maps 

weirdest thing. ill look into reporting on that bug site you sent me as well 

@andehess Are you using any script for landing the littlebird or default waypoint setting?

On 7/8/2018 at 10:43 PM, andehess said:

Just something I've been working on using RHS content

2 hours ago, rangerskull said:

@andehess Are you using any script for landing the littlebird or default waypoint setting?

Using the same BIS_fnc_UnitCapture and BIS_fnc_UnitPlay settings from the original mission which still works in arma 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was looking through the class-names in RHS and found the U-5TS turret in the current version of the mod. Asking out of curiosity is it used in any assets or is it just being stored there for later use/older cancelled projects? 

No, there is nothing to use it at all.

AFAIK it's been in there as long as all the other Russian tank guns, magazines and ammo classes. They were all researched and configured at the same time, so that it didn't need to be done again at a later date.

Same as there are other unused guns like the D-10 etc.

hey guys any chance or plans to add additonal hmmwv variants to the list like a gmv variant for the socom faction listing or anything like that ? GMV-S%206.jpg37134_resize_620_380_true_false_null.jpg

8 minutes ago, uscg pilot 12 said:

hey guys any chance or plans to add additonal hmmwv variants to the list like a gmv variant for the socom faction listing or anything like that ? 

Not at the present time.