10 hours ago, reyhard said:

it should be as simple as open ramp, drive in, close ramp & take off

I've tested it a bunch, seems to work sometimes but a lot of the time the MRZR either falls through the heli on takeoff or the heli just blows up

13 hours ago, BLACKOUT6IX said:

I've tested it a bunch, seems to work sometimes but a lot of the time the MRZR either falls through the heli on takeoff or the heli just blows up

have you removed benches from it before attempting to load it? If yes, then perhaps let's continue here - http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php - since I wasn't able to reproduce it on my end

Hey guys, I have a strange little problem. From the gameplay videos I've seen, tanks in RHS seem to move normally when braking or accelerating from a halt. In my case though, the T-72 for example rocks back so hard when I apply gas from a halt that my sight lift up a few degrees since the cannon is at maximum depression. Similarly, when I press S to stop while driving, the tank will rock forward drastically, it looks like a toy. Either the suspension is modelled to softly or the tanks lack weight, but this doesn't look normal.

I was looking on yalls Facebook page and I notices some stuff that was released or was going to be released a while back, but was taken out or just never released. Like the US O-GPK turret, MTVR, Cougar 4x4, and the SOC-R boat. Just wondering if these were still in the works? I do know that the O-GPK turret were in he game but was taken out (maybe to be put on the MATV :f: if that's is in the future plans). but yea kind of wondering if yall forgot about some of this stuff so I figure id ask lol. :thumb_down:

4 hours ago, payne2010 said:

I was looking on yalls Facebook page and I notices some stuff that was released or was going to be released a while back, but was taken out or just never released. Like the US O-GPK turret, MTVR, Cougar 4x4, and the SOC-R boat. Just wondering if these were still in the works? I do know that the O-GPK turret were in he game but was taken out (maybe to be put on the MATV :f: if that's is in the future plans). but yea kind of wondering if yall forgot about some of this stuff so I figure id ask lol. :thumb_down:

oh yeah we forgot about it hahaha

manpower and time deficiencies often means that things get put on the shelf for a while. It does not mean they are forgotten, and might still see daylight. But also means they might not.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CptHrki said:

Hey guys, I have a strange little problem. From the gameplay videos I've seen, tanks in RHS seem to move normally when braking or accelerating from a halt. In my case though, the T-72 for example rocks back so hard when I apply gas from a halt that my sight lift up a few degrees since the cannon is at maximum depression. Similarly, when I press S to stop while driving, the tank will rock forward drastically, it looks like a toy. Either the suspension is modelled to softly or the tanks lack weight, but this doesn't look normal.

I might be wrong on this one but RHS armoured vehicles do not really work as intended after Tanks DLC patch. Wait for the update.

• Like 2

Yes, you better wait for update, as far as I am aware, in our internal build, most of these problems were allready solved, but some stuff needs to be completed before release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, payne2010 said:

Just wondering if these were still in the works?

For the most part, you can assume that pretty much everything shown but not released is still in the works. The one exception being the MTVR; the status of which is kind of up in the air as the person who was making it is unfortunately no longer with the team.

16 hours ago, payne2010 said:

I do know that the O-GPK turret were in he game but was taken out (maybe to be put on the MATV :f: if that's is in the future plans).

The O-GPK has been in the mod for years already, and is mounted on no-less than 5 separate vehicle types you can currently play with... :icon_confused:

I'm aware of the DLC breaking RHS tanks bu the thing is, I'm still on the version right before Tanks DLC.

2 hours ago, ballistic09 said:

The O-GPK has been in the mod for years already, and is mounted on no-less than 5 separate vehicle types you can currently play with... :icon_confused:

The turret its self yes, but I'm talking about the medal top it came with when yall first released it on the fmtv trucks. https://imgur.com/a/jfIk2Gp 

15 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

oh yeah we forgot about it hahaha

manpower and time deficiencies often means that things get put on the shelf for a while. It does not mean they are forgotten, and might still see daylight. But also means they might not.

Good point, didn't think about that lol :rofl:

2 hours ago, payne2010 said:

I'm talking about the medal top it came with when yall first released it on the fmtv trucks.

Ok, that makes more sense. It was removed because the FMTV's were redone, and the author chose not to add the overhead armor as it didn't seem very common on any of the vehicles presently in the mod. That said, it might be something that gets re-added through vehicle-customization/randomization in the future... :f:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ballistic09 said:

Ok, that makes more sense. It was removed because the FMTV's were redone, and the author chose not to add the overhead armor as it didn't seem very common on any of the vehicles presently in the mod. That said, it might be something that gets re-added through vehicle-customization/randomization in the future... :f:

ah gotcha :rthumb:. I hope it gets added back. I liked having the cover, something different and helps to keep the gunner safe when your driving in urban areas.

Man when you think of the O-GPK you think of how it is without the metal top. But then you realize there are over 30 different configurations of the O-GPK. It's so modular I drool about it. If ever the devs make one, I'm sure it will be glorious.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:38 PM, payne2010 said:

ah gotcha :rthumb:. I hope it gets added back. I liked having the cover, something different and helps to keep the gunner safe when your driving in urban areas.

Hey Payne, maker of that turret here. We still have the armored cover complete, but it's kind of derpy in arma, given you can't really move around the turret besides moving your head. So, you can't lean over anything or so forth. I also excluded it from the FMTVs because that vehicle is so tall already, it seemed a bit excessive. 

We might throw it on another MRAP if we make one that's a bit smaller. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Richards.D said:

I also excluded it from the FMTVs because that vehicle is so tall already, it seemed a bit excessive. 

But if it's like that IRL, why make it less realistic?

I can totally get behind not wanting to do additional 3D models for pure realism sake, but this is opposite of that.

Why bother removing what already has work hours behind it?

35 minutes ago, bars91 said:

But if it's like that IRL, why make it less realistic?

I can totally get behind not wanting to do additional 3D models for pure realism sake, but this is opposite of that.

Why bother removing what already has work hours behind it?

Well, FMTVs don't always have the overhead shield in place, in fact I haven't seen many that did. So in that sense, I don't think it's unrealistic. 

As far as hours of work, I actually completely re-did the FMTV, so we completely deleted the old model in Oxygen, and imported a brand new, re-scaled one. So, it wasn't really any work lost, as nothing was used from the old iteration. If we want to add the overhead shield in another vehicle, then it won't take more than a few minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hey All,

I am not sure how to work around this.

I noticed that your units on the US side all have a specific pair of NVGs in their inventory, even when I clear out the inventory, they end up there. When a night time mission starts, they are auto placed into the slot it looks like. So this prohibits me from equipping other NVGs onto RHS units, because when the mission starts, they get over written by the RHS NVGs.

Is there a way around this? So far, I have to place the NVGs I want into the inventory, and ask the players to switch... My other workaround has been to use BIS default units and put them in RHS gear, and this solves the problem. 

On 20.5.2018 at 12:57 AM, Richards.D said:

Well, FMTVs don't always have the overhead shield in place, in fact I haven't seen many that did. So in that sense, I don't think it's unrealistic. 

As far as hours of work, I actually completely re-did the FMTV, so we completely deleted the old model in Oxygen, and imported a brand new, re-scaled one. So, it wasn't really any work lost, as nothing was used from the old iteration. If we want to add the overhead shield in another vehicle, then it won't take more than a few minutes.

I don´t want to beat a dead horse, but wouldn´t it be possible to add the overhead shield with the vehicle customization options? That way the vehicle doesn´t get any taller except in instances where the mission maker wants it to.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lumnuon said:

I don´t want to beat a dead horse, but wouldn´t it be possible to add the overhead shield with the vehicle cutomization options? That way the vehicle doesn´t get any taller except in instances where the mission maker wants it to.

That's fair enough, I'll see how much time I have this week and I may do that. Currently I have a little (and I do mean little, nothing crazy) project I want to get finished this week before I go back and tweak something. But I think that's a good solution, didn't really consider that. 

• Like 12

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:10 PM, Richards.D said:

Hey Payne, maker of that turret here. We still have the armored cover complete, but it's kind of derpy in arma, given you can't really move around the turret besides moving your head. So, you can't lean over anything or so forth. I also excluded it from the FMTVs because that vehicle is so tall already, it seemed a bit excessive. 

We might throw it on another MRAP if we make one that's a bit smaller. 

Makes sense. Just thought id ask sense having a open top turret seem kind of meeh in arma and it doesn't look as cool lol. 

Hey all,

As promised, project I was mentioning was finished by end of week. It is the Marine Corps Transparent Armored Gun Shield! We needed this to supplement the O-GPK, and allowed us to make the proper USMC variant of the M1232 RG-33L 6X6 MRAP. More info on the Facebook, enjoy!

33528348_1987940161218967_84788412814542

• Like 26

So it's the Marine Corps, version of an armored turret, How different is it to the OGP-K and for what purpose of a different one?

11 minutes ago, Poentis.K said:

and for what purpose of a different one?

Marines wanted a gun shield that folds down flat when not in use. Presumably for rolling on and off ships

The ingame model doesn't do this though

• Thanks 1