In my profession, I don't like getting frivolous bug reports that I have to reject or send back because the user didn't understand what they're doing.... just so you know where I'm coming from, I was trying not to be one of those people. LOL

Anyway no problem, I understand you, thanks!

• Like 3

Hi RHS team

I am currently using a mod which makes it possible for the player to survive heli crashes/being in a vehicle which is destroyed...

This work great with RHS helo's/jets,but not with Tanks,cars or IFV/APC's. If i understand correctly its because RHS vehicles use a different system for counting damage,not like in Arma3 vanilla vehicles where they have Hitpoints  and blow up at 0 health. And as far as i know this mod would most likely calculate the vehicle destroyed and handle the players damage.

My question is,would it be somehow possible for this mod to work on RHS vehicles? I know its a long shot but im quite curious and keen on utilising this mod above after testing it with the new Tanks DLC.

Tanks guys :icon_biggrin:

EDIT :

Also is it intentional that RHS vehicles cannot be placed in the editor as simple objects?Upon reloading of scenario they loose this setting.

12 hours ago, redarmy said:

Hi RHS team

I am currently using a mod which makes it possible for the player to survive heli crashes/being in a vehicle which is destroyed...

This work great with RHS helo's/jets,but not with Tanks,cars or IFV/APC's. If i understand correctly its because RHS vehicles use a different system for counting damage,not like in Arma3 vanilla vehicles where they have Hitpoints  and blow up at 0 health. And as far as i know this mod would most likely calculate the vehicle destroyed and handle the players damage.

My question is,would it be somehow possible for this mod to work on RHS vehicles? I know its a long shot but im quite curious and keen on utilising this mod above after testing it with the new Tanks DLC.

EDIT :

Also is it intentional that RHS vehicles cannot be placed in the editor as simple objects?Upon reloading of scenario they loose this setting.

RHS vehicles are using same technic as vanilla vehicles - seems like this mod doesn't recognize hitHull damage. It most likely won't work with vanilla vehicles in most cases too (some vanilla vehicles are using pretty high passThrough value)

Script for generating simple objects wasn't released publicly and I'm not aware of any community mod which would do it (unless someone tried to do it by hand on small scale)

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

RHS vehicles are using same technic as vanilla vehicles - seems like this mod doesn't recognize hitHull damage. It most likely won't work with vanilla vehicles in most cases too (some vanilla vehicles are using pretty high passThrough value)

Script for generating simple objects wasn't released publicly and I'm not aware of any community mod which would do it (unless someone tried to do it by hand on small scale)

Ok thanks for explaining how it works/wont work.

Its working with all the vanilla vehicles iv tested thus far,including Car,tank,air classes.Il ask the author of that mod if he would possibly look at this if still supportin that mod.

Cheers

yeah he's right. theyre just gonna leave things broken from the engine upgrades and scrap all the works-in-progress.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

@alduric you only have to go one page back to find your answer

On 4/11/2018 at 12:16 PM, Damian90 said:

The team is working on it, be patient.

• Like 3

Since most of the team resides in Europe, and its pretty good weather out here:

Please excuse us while we are outside drinking some beer not working on the update.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 11

46 minutes ago, Redphoenix said:

Please excuse us while we are outside drinking some beer not working on the update.

Enjoy yourselves, mates!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

Nice weather = sun

Sun = reflection on the screen

Reflection on the screen = not being able to see what you're doing hence not possible to work.

Damn weather!

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

There are some interesting tweaks coming up on devbranch... any chance we'll get some compasses and watches to match what the relevant faction uses? :) 

16 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

Stop this. You're reminding me of James May and his wine drinking documentary lol.

• Haha 2

i'm sorry if i'm kicking a dead horse here but after reading http://www.rhsmods.org/w/acu my understanding  is that it is forbidden to change the texture of the acu uniform via setobjecttexture on hiddenselections 0 and 1 but it is allowed for hiddenselection 3. Can you please confirm?

Also: I got fingolfins ok for using his retextures of the m93 and m10 uniforms with custom insignias on. Do I have RHS permission for that?

1 hour ago, b3lx said:

i'm sorry if i'm kicking a dead horse here but after reading http://www.rhsmods.org/w/acu my understanding  is that it is forbidden to change the texture of the acu uniform via setobjecttexture on hiddenselections 0 and 1 but it is allowed TOLERATED for hiddenselection 3. Can you please confirm?

http://www.rhsmods.org/page/EULA#re-textures

Also: I got fingolfins ok for using his retextures of the m93 and m10 uniforms with custom insignias on. Do I have RHS permission for that?

we do not provide individual permissions. as clearly stated in our Non-Derivative EULA, we can only choose to tolerate 3rd party re-textures.

Ok, thanks for the very fast answer. So I guess in this context "tolerate" means that there is no denial in principle but RHS has the right to deny later at any moment for any specific case.

6 minutes ago, b3lx said:

So I guess in this context "tolerate" means that there is no denial in principle but RHS has the right to deny later at any moment for any specific case.

It means that for most things, we really don't mind people doing retextures, but in the case of the ACU specifically, the author has explicitly expressed his wishes that people not retexture them at all, aside from the identity selection (aka the separate nametape and rank texture that we provided a template for).

• Like 3

Ok, got it. Crystal clear now. Thanks

22 minutes ago, b3lx said:

"tolerate" means that there is no denial in principle but RHS has the right to deny later at any moment for any specific case.

yes, that is precisely the difference between tolerate and permission ;) otherwise what ballistic said

• Like 1

On 13/04/2018 at 5:17 PM, redarmy said:

Hi RHS team

EDIT :

It was working with the script version never try with ground vehicle on mod version, but make sure you add the parent class in the module for exemple ["Car","Tank","Air","Ship"] that should work with all the vehicle, i remember "Air" was working with parachute to so your parachute burn and do alarm sound like in the heli if he take damage.

LOL! WELL THEN... Ima just go right in there and comment on that. Also it disturbs me more that he's put a "special" helmet Miller in each of his pictures for the Description page.

I think the Tank DLC broke the M113 turret, the gunner can't use the turret, only his primary weapon.

Should be already fixed in our internal version. Be patient, team is working hard on fixing stuff for Tanks DLC compatibility.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

Assuming you guys are tracking but last night I noticed that the ZSU-23-4 Shilka driver has a black screen, you can't see out at all!

I know you guys have had some issues with Tanks DLC so hopefully its an easy fix!