^Above is one of the many reasons why I love you guys so much!

Thanks  a  lot  for the fun yesterday ;-)

And just like mentioned earlier - incredibly excited for the news in terms of AFVs!

Really grateful! 

Allow me though, please, to harken back to two things:

1.) In which category falls the part about the MTLB line-up and that russian LSW? Prank or WIP?

2.) Anyone interested in chipping in on my question regarding the differences of both real world and (not so) hypothetical in-game model of the Armata vs BI's Angara?

Spoiler

Hello everyone! =)

Now having been able to take a couple of looks at the up-coming DLC's BI take on the T-14, I wondered:
Since the RHS team, except for being made up of very knowledgeable people in general, has a model of it's own in the working.. what are your thoughts on the authenticity and accuracy of the BI model?

I don't mean to trash BI's work here - I am surely going to enjoy the vehicle in all its facets quite a lot - no matter the artistic liberties taken.
Honestly, so far, in the context of Vanilla lore, I am absolutely pleased, with this particular model!

How would "the real deal" however differ from what BI chose to present to us?
Especially curious about the issue of where the coaxial 7,62 'd be positioned or what the RCWS would/ could possibly use, other than (another) 7,62x54?
What else would make the tank different from, let's say, a T-90A in in-game terms?

Thanks a lot in advance to whomever takes his time to quench my curiosity!

And as always - since it can't be mentioned often enough:
Incredibly glad for the work you are all doing and allowing us to enjoy!
especially looking forward to the M24, and 'tacticool' Sa-58, though more HMMV variants are always more than welcomed ;)

~

P.S.: Since Easter is right around the corner, as I just realized:
Happy Easter holidays in advance to all of you!

Pleasant start into the week, y'all!

~

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

Allow me though, please, to harken back to two things:

1.) In which category falls the part about the MTLB line-up and that russian LSW? Prank or WIP?

There's an MTLB .pbo in the RHS AFRF mod folder, sooooo.... Illuminati confirmed?

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:26 AM, DEV614 said:

I just discovered the PIP version of the ACOGs and I'm in love, I just wish the PIP quality in Arma was better! I've refrained from using it until everything isn't so ugly, but would it be possible to switch the "PIP" image to the outside of the scope, and have the clear image on the inside? That would be super cool.

1)just discovered that RHS comes with some PiP scopes - however struggling to get them working.........................main problem is when I try and select  them (understand only the M150RCO and M145 MGO have PiP implemented?) - I get

a horribly blocky/pixelated picture (note have already set the PiP setting to either Ultra or 1200m(seems to be a new setting)) - however this only improves the situaltion slightly so still getting pixelated image - note am selected PiP from the main RHS menu

and when I set the scope as 3D from this menu getting a very nice sharp picture then flip back to PiP and get blurry picture - just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if I need to change another setting to get them working better? (note I also read that the PiP scopes should either have a PiP or 3d prefix after them - but none of my RHS scopes have any such prefix - any help appreciated?

2)Read also that ACE3 has PiP scopes implemented - can anyone give guideance on what how to select it what scopes this works with so I can give it as try.............?

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:26 AM, DEV614 said:

I just discovered the PIP version of the ACOGs and I'm in love, I just wish the PIP quality in Arma was better! I've refrained from using it until everything isn't so ugly, but would it be possible to switch the "PIP" image to the outside of the scope, and have the clear image on the inside? That would be super cool.

seems to have double posted.....................

Edited by mac1

3 hours ago, mac1 said:

1)just discovered that RHS comes with some PiP scopes - however struggling to get them working.........................main problem is when I try and select  them (understand only the M150RCO and M145 MGO have PiP implemented?) - I get

a horribly blocky/pixelated picture (note have already set the PiP setting to either Ultra or 1200m(seems to be a new setting)) - however this only improves the situaltion slightly so still getting pixelated image - note am selected PiP from the main RHS menu

and when I set the scope as 3D from this menu getting a very nice sharp picture then flip back to PiP and get blurry picture - just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if I need to change another setting to get them working better? (note I also read that the PiP scopes should either have a PiP or 3d prefix after them - but none of my RHS scopes have any such prefix - any help appreciated?

2)Read also that ACE3 has PiP scopes implemented - can anyone give guideance on what how to select it what scopes this works with so I can give it as try.............?

PiP scopes can be chosen through the RHS Game Options menu under the preferred optic style option. onve that option is selected, all ACOG and M145 scopes will be replaced with PiP ones. unfortunately, due to the really poor implementation of picture in picture by Bohemia Interactive, the PiP images are always going to be pixely, ugly, and really not practical as optics. the ACE3 PiP scopes are visible in the optic attachment slot of any joint rails-compatible weapon, they have (PIP) at the end, but this is only for vanilla scopes like the RCO and ARCO.

7 hours ago, b00ce said:

There's an MTLB .pbo in the RHS AFRF mod folder, sooooo.... Illuminati confirmed?

This file is there for a long time. In october 2017 Alex Vorobiev said that MTLB will be redone from scratch. Who knows in what stage it is now.....

3 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

PiP scopes can be chosen through the RHS Game Options menu under the preferred optic style option. onve that option is selected, all ACOG and M145 scopes will be replaced with PiP ones. unfortunately, due to the really poor implementation of picture in picture by Bohemia Interactive, the PiP images are always going to be pixely, ugly, and really not practical as optics. the ACE3 PiP scopes are visible in the optic attachment slot of any joint rails-compatible weapon, they have (PIP) at the end, but this is only for vanilla scopes like the RCO and ARCO.

wsx thanks for the reply

1)So just to be clear for the RHS PiP scopes you don't need to find/select one with the 3D or PiP prefix next to it?(note I am using MCC arsenal function) reason I ask is some of the stuff I read seems to say you need to select the ones with a 3D prefix or need to

select it from a M150 crate? - see link below (although note is was from a couple of years back) - also the image quality (in scope) he is getting in the youtube clip is much better than what I can see on my one.........................(note I already selected PiP from the RHS main menu)

2)I now have ACE3 installed (via steam) - so how do I enable PiP scopes? and how do I select one of these scopes in game - or is it simply a case of selecting the RCO or ARCO vanilla scopes with ACE3 running and they will have some kind of PiP effect automatically?

nice job on the prank guys. 

I've been waiting for an RPK release for a while, a couple or releases has been and gone but instead of whinging I just made my own using all the rhs goodies. keep up the good work guys.

tI0PDbb.jpg

3 hours ago, mac1 said:

wsx thanks for the reply

1)So just to be clear for the RHS PiP scopes you don't need to find/select one with the 3D or PiP prefix next to it?(note I am using MCC arsenal function) reason I ask is some of the stuff I read seems to say you need to select the ones with a 3D prefix or need to

select it from a M150 crate? - see link below (although note is was from a couple of years back) - also the image quality (in scope) he is getting in the youtube clip is much better than what I can see on my one.........................(note I already selected PiP from the RHS main menu

you don't need to look for specific scope suffix or prefiox, some of them can be switched from PIP to normal to 3d via RHS menu. There is a hard coded limit to what the PIP system can display in terms of resolution(512x512px) hence the pix-lation issue. Nothing RHScan do about it

12 hours ago, canadian1337 said:

I think the MTLB was canceled. Not sure doe.

old model was scraped, the MTLB as a project is not canceled though

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

@diabolicalcare to explain what you mean, by made your 'own'?

i'd like to know the same

• Like 1

5 hours ago, diabolical said:

I just made my own

I smell "prank stink" a mile away....beside...that badly photoshopped hand gives it up pretty easily.

2mr8ig1.jpg

31 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

I smell "prank stink" a mile away....beside...that badly photoshopped hand gives it up pretty easily.

lol that could very easily just be janky ol arma animations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

lol that could very easily just be janky ol arma animations.

LOL....you're right bud...but then..look how big those fingers are compared to the other hand..mmmmm..stink stink....hahahahaha

• Like 1

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, therefor first I am writing here to get you guy's opinion...

So I put two mraps(Mrap1 and Mrap2) whose front seats and gunner seats are occupied

e7ecdd.jpg

and then I get into one of them to cargo seat and run

player  moveInAny Mrap2;

I move to mrap 2's cargo seat but I cannot move my head anymore... I tried the same by vanilla Hemmt transport and there, no such thing is happening. Anybody has any idea what can be the reason?

@R0adki11 @PuFu well, I made the model, did the textures and got it ingame. used rhs as a dependency for the attachments. and sorry @zagor64bz thats just arma not knowing what wrists are, hents the wakkyness.

here are the renders from quixel

hRBicfa.png

• Like 19

Lol I love the instant insinuation that @diabolical didn't make it himself hahaha 

Looking good mate keep it up! 

5 hours ago, diabolical said:

@zagor64bz thats just arma not knowing what wrists are, hents the wakkyness.

You just need to adjust posing in hand animation, try different selections of hand, I think "LeftForeArm", "LeftForeArmRoll" with "LeftHand" are resposible for clunkyness in your case. Arma animations are working just fine, look to other weapon mods :)

BTW nice models, looking foward to see them ingame.

7 hours ago, diabolical said:

@R0adki11 @PuFu well, I made the model, did the textures and got it ingame. used rhs as a dependency for the attachments. and sorry @zagor64bz thats just arma not knowing what wrists are, hents the wakkyness.

here are the renders from quixel

Will you make your own thread for that, so we won't get warnings for talking about it in the wrong thread? :)  Ideally I'd like an RPD, but vOv you can only ask for so many things.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image as per our forum rules.

4 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Lol I love the instant insinuation that @diabolical didn't make it himself hahaha

Was simply the poor choice of phrasing:

"I just made my own using all the rhs goodies"

We've had a couple of instances of people ripping the AK-74s from RHS.So statements like that can be confusing, without the full context of how the RHS parts are used

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, diabolical said:

and sorry @zagor64bz thats just arma not knowing what wrists are, hents the wakkyness.

Suddenly the stink went away..hahahahaha... I own you an apology then, mate!

Great work with the model, but you should sort out the "legal" stuff with RHS before it gets misunderstood..other then that..AWESOME! 

11 minutes ago, Polyus said:

Are the MTLB's even in service still?

Of course. MT-LBM will be a great APC for moutain units for example.

Personally I would like to see the BTR-D class developed for VDVs.

Good luck to the whole team. You're doing a great job.:icon_biggrin:

• Like 3