Hi,

I have question: How is the SUBSONIC ammo implemented in RHS? I see that e.g. ak's have some type of subsonic, but i doesn't work better in the field of being spottted by AI. Do you implemented some sound enhancements for AI?

So how should I use subsonic ammo properly?

Regards Hans(z)

On 3/21/2018 at 7:51 AM, sammael said:

even russian RHS IR AG missiles need laser desegnation?

No, IR missiles doesn't need laser designation. If you can tell me which missile are you trying to use I might get better info but bear in mind that MiG-29SM missiles are work in progress.

Also, a lot of Russian missiles have pretty high minimal range requirement (IRL: 2km, in rhs it's scalled to 0.9-1.5km) so make sure that you within firing range

3 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi,

I have question: How is the SUBSONIC ammo implemented in RHS? I see that e.g. ak's have some type of subsonic, but i doesn't work better in the field of being spottted by AI. Do you implemented some sound enhancements for AI?

So how should I use subsonic ammo properly?

Regards Hans(z)

we are using following value for subsonic ammo
        audibleFire = 3;

standard value is 7. If you are using it with silencer then it's working pretty well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, copper252 said:

Is the ACU in OEF-CP still in development?

ClimaX is/was on a (Temporary?) hiatus from making the ACUs in favor of focusing on his Westwall WW2 mod contributions, but that's not in development anymore. That's where the situation is at now, beyond that I couldn't say because I would rather not step on toes by making baseless claims. So hopefully possibly, but maybe not.

• Like 2

if you guys ever need to know the diameter of the buttons on the fly of the pants or the number of teeth on the arm pocket zipper of a OEF-CP ACU, I'll gladly provide some references and dimensions. 

• Haha 6

On 23.03.2018 at 2:24 PM, b00ce said:

ClimaX is/was on a (Temporary?) hiatus from making the ACUs in favor of focusing on his Westwall WW2 mod contributions, but that's not in development anymore. That's where the situation is at now, beyond that I couldn't say because I would rather not step on toes by making baseless claims. So hopefully possibly, but maybe not.

:don13: and now he makes African Americans :don13:
                                                                                                         dmitry-chebotaryov-5-bouth.jpg?151924432

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5

11 hours ago, clima_x said:

:don13: and now he makes African Americans :don13:

Oh yeah arn't you doing advertisement... with.. music was it? great model by the way

7 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Oh yeah arn't you doing advertisement... with.. music was it? great model by the way

Good idea,  need to contact with Travis Scott :) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ranger_24 said:

Apologizes if it was already mentioned, but there's a 3rd-person view issue with the Mk 11 and Mk 18 that happens quiet often (at least for me):

https://imgur.com/GhYCbsi

Please check your mod list. When I use RHS only this doesn't happen. Has to do with a different mod.

Nah pretty sure this is a Vanilla problem as pointed out by RHS devs. it's a LOD problem.

yeah, its just a periodic LOD bug. restarting the game usually fixes it, but it won't be the last time you see it unfortunately.

11 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

yeah, its just a periodic LOD bug. restarting the game usually fixes it, but it won't be the last time you see it unfortunately.

I've experienced that same issue, however it only has ever happened on the Mk18s and the Mk11 as old mate stated. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Seeing as it continues to persist, it must be a hard to kill engine bug?

It's connected to hiddenSelectionMaterials and it's happening to vanilla assets too from time to time

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121534

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone! =)

Now having been able to take a couple of looks at the up-coming DLC's BI take on the T-14, I wondered:

Since the RHS team, except for being made up of very knowledgeable people in general, has a model of it's own in the working.. what are your thoughts on the authenticity and accuracy of the BI model?

I don't mean to trash BI's work here - I am surely going to enjoy the vehicle in all its facets quite a lot - no matter the artistic liberties taken.

Honestly, so far, in the context of Vanilla lore, I am absolutely pleased, with this particular model!

How would "the real deal" however differ from what BI chose to present to us?

Especially curious about the issue of where the coaxial 7,62 'd be positioned or what the RCWS would/ could possibly use, other than (another) 7,62x54?

What else would make the tank different from, let's say, a T-90A in in-game terms?

Thanks a lot in advance to whomever takes his time to quench my curiosity!

And as always - since it can't be mentioned often enough:

Incredibly glad for the work you are all doing and allowing us to enjoy!

especially looking forward to the M24, and 'tacticool' Sa-58, though more HMMV variants are always more than welcomed ;)

~

P.S.: Since Easter is right around the corner, as I just realized:

Happy Easter holidays in advance to all of you!

• Like 6

Hello anybody!

I like to report an issue to the RHS team and should make a video. Somebody knows which button i have to press for a video?

6 minutes ago, t.g.1911 said:

Hello anybody!

I like to report an issue to the RHS team and should make a video. Somebody knows which button i have to press for a video?

You need to have some kind of image recording program installed. If you have an Nvidia graphics card, chances are you have shadowplay installed. Just find out whatever keybind you have to switch it on/off, and open it ingame (should show as an overlay). Then hit record, and it will save the video in your windows user "videos" folder.

If that fails, try to explain it with screenshots and how to reproduce it. Then the devs can see for themselves, and probably figure out what's going on much faster.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

You need to have some kind of image recording program installed. If you have an Nvidia graphics card, chances are you have shadowplay installed. Just find out whatever keybind you have to switch it on/off, and open it ingame (should show as an overlay). Then hit record, and it will save the video in your windows user "videos" folder.

If that fails, try to explain it with screenshots and how to reproduce it. Then the devs can see for themselves, and probably figure out what's going on much faster.

Good luck!

Just find out whatever keybind you have to switch it on/off, .

Exactly it was my question, you know it? i have Nvidia graphics card

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, t.g.1911 said:

Just find out whatever keybind you have to switch it on/off, .

Exactly it was my question, you know it?

I don't know if I changed mine, but it's ALT+Z. Anyways, it's not the right place to be asking how to use shadowplay, so if this doesn't help, pelase visit Nvidias homepage or google "Shadowplay how to" and you'll be up in notime.

• Like 1

Hi, I would like to make a MARPAT retexture of the RHS USAF ACU uniform to make a YPG/YPJ faction mod. Can i get your permission? 

Sorry,  I just saw that this is not allowed in the EULA. Can I do it for the gref m93 instead?

5 hours ago, b3lx said:

Hi, I would like to make a MARPAT retexture of the RHS USAF ACU uniform to make a YPG/YPJ faction mod. Can i get your permission? 

ACU - MARPAT  dude, stop!  not too late to forget about it :turn: 

this is super illogical, you destroy the boundaries between the Marine Corps and Army 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm terribly sorry for this taking so long. All of my classes threw a metric @$$ ton of tests, evaluations, and projects so I have been swamped for the past week; it didn't help that I also had to perform at a concert last Wednesday... But i finally got around to testing the IFV penetration. I used cargo houses as the targets. They are a nice go between for intermediate caliber weapons. I tested the M2 Bradley, the BTR80, the BMP2K and the BMD2. Note that the Russian IFVs/APCs that use the large 75mm cannons fire HEAT projectiles so they won't be shown. For the uninitiated HEAT rounds use an explosive charge to mold a copper cone into a stream of superplastic metal that bores its way through armor; I've heard of it even being described as being able to part the molecules of the impacted surface. This jet disperses very quickly; the intent is to have it hit enemy armor while it is still a concentrated jet and dispersing after going through, creating a shotgun effect in the vehicle. Spaced armor works by detonating the warhead prior to it reaching the optimal detonation point; to put it simply, HEAT can only penetrate the first thing it hits, can kill soft targets behind that first layer, but cannot penetrate a second obstacle behind the first; hence why the game does not calculate a trajectory for HEAT rounds after impacting the first obstacle it hits.

M2

M2.jpg

The round is stopped by the opposite wall of the 2nd cargo house; anyone in the second cargo house is dead :)

M2INT.jpg

BTR80A

BTR80A.jpg

Almost the same deal as the M2, the APDS rounds have lower KE after penetrating the front wall of the second cargo house.

BMD2INT.jpg

BMP2K

BMP2K.jpg

BMD2

BMD2.jpg

Quick note about the M2 Bradley for the devs. Its M242 25mm cannon has a dual feed system, meaning it can instantly switch between APFSDS-T and HE-T. Right now, there is a considerable wait time when switching ammunition types, as if the crew have to swap ammo boxes.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, clima_x said:

ACU - MARPAT  dude, stop!  not too late to forget about it :turn: 

this is super illogical, you destroy the boundaries between the Marine Corps and Army 

he said for a YPG/YPJ faction, not a marine faction lol