They'll probably look cool in their own way, but yeah, the current gear looks like it does for a reason. I'd expect exosuits to look more like ones from STALKER (basically, modern body armor on exosuit frame) than any of those mockups. In particular, any kind of bulky helmet will be absolutely detested by troops that have to do any sort of shooting. Try going into an airsoft match in a paintball helmet and see how well you'll fare (speaking from experience here, I was a bit short on gear back then :) ). Adaptive camouflage sounds great, but it also sounds like something that stops being any good after a week of crawling through mud and dust, either due to electrical failure or, well, being covered by mud and dust. Fancy electronics belong more on vehicles than personal equipment, which, first of all, has to be reliable in the field.

Shall we return to the topic in hand. :f:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

on the bmp-2 1986 version (the only one i tested) when you shoot with armor piercing rounds from the cannon the tracer is red, but when you switch to he rounds and shoot the tracer is green.

i don't know if this is a glitch or if its supposed to be this way, but it seems wrong. its confusing in a big battle at night to say the least.

28 minutes ago, FoxhoundBC said:

Im not sure if this belongs in the ACE thread or here but I noticed that the NVGs wont increase brightness past 0, not sure if this is on purpose or not?

Thanks!

it surely doesn’t belong here

On 2/5/2018 at 3:21 PM, pognivet said:

on the bmp-2 1986 version (the only one i tested) when you shoot with armor piercing rounds from the cannon the tracer is red, but when you switch to he rounds and shoot the tracer is green.

i don't know if this is a glitch or if its supposed to be this way, but it seems wrong. its confusing in a big battle at night to say the least.

I'll look into it, thanks for the heads up. Just remember to post bugs like this to our feedback tracker if you can. Otherwise, we might miss your post.

So it is a bug after all? I couldn't find any info on what color BMP cannon tracers actually are, so I assumed it really is different between AP and HE for whatever reason. Guess not.

Can I ask for Blackhawks UH-60 NVG collision lights, as you see it`s very hard flights. For group flights it`s must have thing.

Thanks.

* You should watch film in dark room.

• Like 1

I just discovered that ECM in the form of ALQ-144 and ALQ-122 were implemented, however it doesn't seem to DO anything. Am I doing it wrong?

5 hours ago, jacd said:

as you see it`s very hard flights

The helicopter in your video doesn't appear to be made by RHS since we have no MH-60 in the mod. So it's not at all helpful in determining what you are asking for.

RHS' UH-60s have collision lights and strobes. But because you're showing us some other addon we have no idea if you mean some other kind of light, or are mistaking some other addon that doesn't have any collision lights, for our helicopter.

44 minutes ago, b00ce said:

however it doesn't seem to DO anything. Am I doing it wrong?

They release invisible flares at a reasonable rate, over an extended period of time.

Same limitations and effectiveness as with the regular flares, apply - it's not a shield of invulnerability, and some missiles will defeat the odds and hold their course. So you improve the odds by evading.

6 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

The helicopter in your video doesn't appear to be made by RHS since we have no MH-60 in the mod. So it's not at all helpful in determining what you are asking for.

RHS' UH-60s have collision lights and strobes. But because you're showing us some other addon we have no idea if you mean some other kind of light, or are mistaking some other addon that doesn't have any collision lights, for our helicopter.

It's normal RHS UH-60 with small add -- fuel probe. I know about strobe lights and collisions lights, try to read with understanding. I said about lights visible only with NVG (night vision google) not with normal view in night.

8 minutes ago, jacd said:

It's normal RHS UH-60 with small add -- fuel probe. I know about strobe lights and collisions lights, try to read with understanding. I said about lights visible only with NVG (night vision google) not with normal view in night.

light visible only with NVGs? interior lights/cockpit? is there such a thing available in the base game or any other addons out there as an example, because i also fail to understand what you want...

55 minutes ago, PuFu said:

light visible only with NVGs? interior lights/cockpit? is there such a thing available in the base game or any other addons out there as an example, because i also fail to understand what you want...

He's looking for an external IR strobe light :f:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Correct, external IR-only navigation/formation lights. AFAIK MELBs do have them already (although I'm not 100% sure, I'm only a passenger and/or JTAC for these guys) and they'd be extremely useful for night formation flying.

The heli is a normal UH-60M from RHS, just with a black texture and an attachTo fuel probe.

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2018 at 9:37 AM, jacd said:

I know about strobe lights and collisions lights, try to read with understanding. I said about lights visible only with NVG (night vision google) not with normal view in night.

In that case, no, we probably won't add them.

Marker lights only show on helicopters when collision lights action is turned on, and unlike reflector lights; the marker lights cannot be hidden by user animation. However, reflectors cannot be made to only show in NV (so no use for your desired purpose), and are only active when landing lights are turned on; so wont behave as collision lights (precluding the use of reflectors to generate the visible collision lights). Therefore we can't replace one set with reflectors.

So the choice is initially either to make normal visible collision lights, or lights with the onlyInNvg = 1; parameter. Or have both visible and "onlyInNvg" lights displaying at the same time, but that defeats the purpose of the NV-only lights.

Making marker lights selectable between visible and  is not possible, and I don't think it's appropriate for a regular UH-60 to have only IR collision lights like the MELB (it is more appropriate for SOF aircraft like the MELB)

Fake collision lights can be made with polygons in the 3D model and use of emissive[] in the .rvmat to make them glow in the dark. These can be animated (Black Wasp in the Jets DLC use this for the wingtips, as the lights need to move with the folding wingtips) but they don't produce a marker light halo that's easily observable at long distances (so are a bit shit as visible collision lights). There's not really a way to make an emissive[] .rvmat that is nice and strongly illuminated only in NVGs (can set low values that are more observable in NVG than in normal vision, but there is always a faint visible glow in normal vision as well). And again, scripting is involved  if one wants to make them strobe.

So ultimately,this is not an ideal route, and amounts to more work, for unsatisfactory results.

But I mean, if you want only the NV lights on that pseudo-MH-60 in the same way that the MELB has, it's surely possible for you to to add the onlyInNvg = 1; parameter to the class MarkerLights, if you are capable of adding a black texture fix and an attachTo'd refuelling probe to the RHS UH-60 at init.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m having an issue with the M1083A1P2 transport truck, where on even a slight incline, it can’t go above 13km per hour, and more severely occasionally shuffles between 13km per hour, back to 0, back to 13, etc if the incline gradually steepens. 

I’m wondering, is this a bug or perhaps I’m out of the loop on a new feature (such as manual transmissions or something like that)?

On 2/7/2018 at 10:25 PM, da12thMonkey said:

They release invisible flares at a reasonable rate, over an extended period of time.

Same limitations and effectiveness as with the regular flares, apply - it's not a shield of invulnerability, and some missiles will defeat the odds and hold their course. So you improve the odds by evading.

I did a LOT of testing and not a single missile was defeated, no matter what I did, is why I was wondering.

Also I don't know what y'all did, but a couple updates ago and all the sudden the UH60 can't roll-on for crap now, even ~30 KPH and she explodes. The real tailwheel can take 60 Knots and not break a sweat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, b00ce said:

Also I don't know what y'all did, but a couple updates ago and all the sudden the UH60 can't roll-on for crap now, even ~30 KPH and she explodes. The real tailwheel can take 60 Knots and not break a sweat.

Actually they couldn't drive on anything before and that should be working in latest released version. Otherwise I would recommend to write down of feedback tracker with some repro mission

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reyhard said:

Actually they couldn't drive on anything before and that should be working in latest released version. Otherwise I would recommend to write down of feedback tracker with some repro mission

I'm recording footage of my tests for inclusion in the tracker ticket I'm going to make. So far I've found that the tailwheel can handle up to 80 KPH (Approx. 40 Knots) with the provision that the aircraft is perfectly level with the landing surface. With any amount of roll (IE Sloping terrain, landing while coming out of a turn, or just being an imperfect meat-servo) that limit plummets to well below the previous speed and at a minimum the engine dies... and then you explode or you just explode instantly. I'm still working out the limit on that one. And it may very well be that lateral sliding could be the culprit. Again, more testing to follow.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Lots of technical reasons...

I think there's some confusion between position lights, anti-collision lights (smacks), and formation lights.  I can't speak to what the Task Force has, but for conventional forces, I can't think of a reason why an IR smack would be helpful.  It's just going to annoying Wing the whole time while providing no useful positional or closure information (and probably making it worse).  After FENCING IN, the lights would be off anyway.  Other times for non-IR smacks, it's common for -2 (or the last guy in the division) to run the smacks in "UPPER" and everyone else has them off, again, because they're blinding at night.

Now, for position lights (the red/green/white) lights, those are IR, and they're very dim even when aided, and probably blown out by the exhaust when more than a few rotor arcs away.

Formation (or Slime) lights are a third thing, and the most helpful when flying formation.  They're not IR (or at least, ours aren't) but can be turned down very low.  That's what you're using for positional/closure information, along with the engine exhaust.

@da12thMonkey has given relevant technical reasons why what's being asked for aren't practical in-game, but I'd argue what's being asked for isn't necessarily all that helpful to begin with, and not particularly accurate...something relevant given RHS's "Mission Statement" for their mods.

• Like 1

Is there a way to put ace hellfire missiles on the ah 64? They show up on the cobra, but not on the apache in the pylon config slots.  

5 hours ago, gatordev said:

@da12thMonkey has given relevant technical reasons why what's being asked for aren't practical in-game, but I'd argue what's being asked for isn't necessarily all that helpful to begin with, and not particularly accurate...something relevant given RHS's "Mission Statement" for their mods.

Not to mention it only matters when playing PvP against people without NVGs. As far as I know, Ai can't see the lights.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 11:52 AM, dragon01 said:

So it is a bug after all? I couldn't find any info on what color BMP cannon tracers actually are, so I assumed it really is different between AP and HE for whatever reason. Guess not.

its possible that its not a bug. i really do not know for sure. maybe someone who has served in the russian army can shed some light on this.

the only information i could find anywhere online was one sentence from this page: http://russianammo.org/Russian_Ammunition_Page_30mm.html

Tracers for the HE-T shells are first burning yellow, then red.

maybe since its not possible for tracer color to change mid-air in arma whoever did the configs just simply made them red? if so then i'm sorry for causing confusion, but i was also confused myself.