Anyone having trouble downloading through steam? The mod seems to download but it won't install

7 hours ago, czechu777 said:

This GPS system is amazing. Could that be integrated in other aircraft? I am thinking for example integrate it into MFD and add rotating map, kinda like in DCS A10C

Something like that is already available on PAK-FA. There are still few features missing that I would like to have (like changing zoom) & those will be most likely added later. Bear in mind that MiG29SM is also kind of WIP and additional cockpit MFD screens will be added later (Navigation mode & view from missile seeker like on A10A)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

Something like that is already available on PAK-FA. There are still few features missing that I would like to have (like changing zoom) & those will be most likely added later. Bear in mind that MiG29SM is also kind of WIP and additional cockpit MFD screens will be added later (Navigation mode & view from missile seeker like on A10A)

Thank you :) This feature is realy awesome. 

So to be clear...

And I read the Eula, and it only list the ACU uniform for now... 

RHS is allowing Weapon Retextures using HS and a seperate config and pbo with the texture files?

Yes.

We're only stipulating that no retextures be done by third parties, where an author has expressed a preference that people do not do this. As it is their right to determine how their work is licensed as part of RHS.

So far, nobody who has made content for RHS has stated that they would prefer that any of their equipment/vehicles/weapons other than the ACU, not be available for retexturing via hiddenSelections, using a separate config and .pbo. So for now, we are only asking this of the ACU uniform.

As ever though, we don't permit modification of .p3d files; so it is inherently prohibited to retexture models that do not, or cannot use hiddenSelections. As such, we're not saying it's a free-for all on retextures for every other model besides the ACUs. An example would be weapon attachment models; as the game does not support config-based retexturing of weapon attachments - though we would very much like that to be an option.

• Like 1

Is anyone else getting errors related to some S-25 variants? OF and LD, in particular. Something about missing config name. S-25 also doesn't show its name when selected (though the rocket itself seems to work fine otherwise).

Also, the "single shot" mode on S-25 and S-24 rockets doesn't seem to work as intended. If you hold down the trigger, multiple rockets will still be launched. This is inconsistent with how "single fire" works on the US rocket pods.

3 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Is anyone else getting errors related to some S-25 variants? OF and LD, in particular. Something about missing config name. S-25 also doesn't show its name when selected (though the rocket itself seems to work fine otherwise).

I've already opened a ticket for this issue.

No idea about the second one since I haven't tried them yet.

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

RHS is allowing Weapon Retextures using HS and a seperate config and pbo with the texture files?

....to add on what @da12thMonkey already said, the correct term is tolerate, as per EULA ;) i really want to make this distinction since we reserve the right to modify the contents of the list (to add or remove) anytime we as a group or individual authors within RHS requests that. As you can see, so far ACU is the only exception. Reverse engineering of RHS content, repacking is redistribution is still just as strictly prohibited as it has always been ;), i have only added to the EULA that particular list to make sure everyone is on the same page, as it has already been several (yet unreleased) ACU retextures. Other than that, happy re-texturing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

Yes.

We're only stipulating that no retextures be done by third parties, where an author has expressed a preference that people do not do this. As it is their right to determine how their work is licensed as part of RHS.

So far, nobody who has made content for RHS has stated that they would prefer that any of their equipment/vehicles/weapons other than the ACU, not be available for retexturing via hiddenSelections, using a separate config and .pbo. So for now, we are only asking this of the ACU uniform.

As ever though, we don't permit modification of .p3d files; so it is inherently prohibited to retexture models that do not, or cannot use hiddenSelections. As such, we're not saying it's a free-for all on retextures for every other model besides the ACUs. An example would be weapon attachment models; as the game does not support config-based retexturing of weapon attachments - though we would very much like that to be an option.

24 minutes ago, PuFu said:

....to add on what @da12thMonkey already said, the correct term is tolerate, as per EULA ;) i really want to make this distinction since we reserve the right to modify the contents of the list (to add or remove) anytime we as a group or individual authors within RHS request that. As you can see, so far ACU is the only exception. Reverse engineering of RHS content, repacking is redistribution is still just as strictly prohibited as it has always been ;), i have only added to the EULA a that particular list to make sure everyone is on the same page, as it has already been several (yet unreleased) ACU retextures. Other than that, happy re-texturing

I thought it might be a good time to clarify because of the other ACU thread that came up and it was fresh on everyones mind. 

I see that the list in the Eula currently only contains the ACU but could be updated at any time based on an authors request. 

I'm sorry if this seems thick of me because I just really want to be clear as I don't want to do something I am not supposed to and irritate people and then ruin it for everyone else.

I guess the meat of my question is that if I do a rusted retextured version of an RHS gun using the original texture, I cannot redistribute that in a seperate pbo with only a config and the texture file(s) because I have reverse engineered it from the original RHS files and now I am redistributing it even though I didn't touch a p3d.  However this would be permitted for personal use?

Appreciate the clarifications!

After depleting the missiles of the static TOW launcher in RHS:USAF, it does not get resupplied if you disassemble it and reassemble it with a new gun bag. Any way to fix this because I'd expect the launcher to have new ammo if you swap the tube for a fresh one :D
Thank you!

22 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

I thought it might be a good time to clarify because of the other ACU thread that came up and it was fresh on everyones mind. 

I see that the list in the Eula currently only contains the ACU but could be updated at any time based on an authors request. 

yes that is true

I guess the meat of my question is that if I do a rusted retextured version of an RHS gun using the original texture, I cannot redistribute that in a seperate pbo with only a config and the texture file(s) because I have reverse engineered it from the original RHS files and now I am redistributing it even though I didn't touch a p3d.  However this would be permitted for personal use?

Appreciate the clarifications!

in a utopia world, we would release .PSD templates for all our content so you don't need to dig through .paa files on your own. But since we cannot do that for various reasons, including that some of these .psd files have been lost, in other cases there no .psd anymore, but .spp files etc, you will have to make due.

our Eula is there to protect our IP rights (especially against people that rip, take credit for and use our content to make a buck by selling it or monetizing it), not to keep you from having a base to create variation on top of RHS content. We have yet to take any legal action about other people making retextures of RHS content, and we never asked how they did it, although obvious

I know you might want a more straight answer, but from a legal pov, while we have a NoDeriv license i cannot really tell you go ahead and rip some .paa out so you have a base for your retexture, that would be against the existing EULA ;)
But we can choose to tolerate such behavior in the absence of being able to release the mentioned templates for all the content that is hiddenselection ready

repack and redistribution usually means cherry picking things out of our .pbo files and redistributing as your own, which is such a big no no ;)

hope that helps 

• Like 5

Congrats on Release! New Physx On all tanks looks outstanding - recoild, suspension physics, overall vehicle feeling - it really should be vanilla content, and all that is vanilla now, should be a mod ;)
2 small issues;
- T-72/T-90 tracks are not moving/moving in right direction/opposite track is moving when making turn on stop
- Humvee is making instand 180 at handbrake at speed 90km/s (just like in NFS 2016)

Besides that, everything on the highest level as allways. I wasnt however up-to-date and the Xmas gift for USAF are the new faction - Island defenders (or something similar - sorry i played it too short) with old M113 variants?

58 minutes ago, PuFu said:

yes that is true

in a utopia world, we would release .PSD templates for all our content so you don't need to dig through .paa files on your own. But since we cannot do that for various reasons, including that some of these .psd files have been lost, in other cases there no .psd anymore, but .spp files etc, you will have to make due.

our Eula is there to protect our IP rights (especially against people that rip, take credit for and use our content to make a buck by selling it or monetizing it), not to keep you from having a base to create variation on top of RHS content. We have yet to take any legal action about other people making retextures of RHS content, and we never asked how they did it, although obvious

I know you might want a more straight answer, but from a legal pov, while we have a NoDeriv license i cannot really tell you go ahead and rip some .paa out so you have a base for your retexture, that would be against the existing EULA ;)
But we can choose to tolerate such behavior in the absence of being able to release the mentioned templates for all the content that is hiddenselection ready

repack and redistribution usually means cherry picking things out of our .pbo files and redistributing as your own, which is such a big no no ;)

hope that helps 

Thanks @PuFu

I understand what you are trying to say.  

The last things anyone needs is issues relating to IP rights, so I appreciate the clarification.

In my case, it would just be in limited situations where a particular firearm might add some gameplay value and certainly wouldn't be some massive pack where I try to pass it off as my own. If anything was deemed unallowable then I would make whatever adjustments asked to ensure it was "tolerable" ;).

Thanks to the team for all you do.

I'm having a problem with the BMD-1 since the update. I have a mission that is ready to be released that uses the BMD-1. Their are four in the mission that follow waypoints around the island and it worked perfectly. However since the update, One of them refuses to move and follow it's waypoints now and the other three are fish tailing and losing control a lot.

As a test I loaded up a fresh map (tanoa) and placed a BMD-1 and tried giving it a single waypoint, with behaviour set to safe and speed set to default (medium). I tried doing this at various locations on the island and each time there was a good chance the BMD would suddenly pause and not move anymore. When it would move it would fishtail non stop and continually slow down and speed up abruptly. The fishtailing was pretty drastic, about 45 degrees to the left and then to the right.

Can any one else test this out and let me know if you are having the same problem?

The mission also uses M113s, I didn't test them out yet other than dropping one on Tanoa during my BMD test and giving it a single way point set to safe and standard speed. The M113 in my single test followed the road to it's waypoin, however it did exhibit the fishtailing. The M113s fishtailing didn't seem as drastic as the BMD but it was noticeable. 

I'll do some more test tomorrow but I have to hit the hay for the night. 

The MERDC camo on the M113 is awesome guys. 

8 minutes ago, sputnik monroe said:

I'm having a problem with the BMD-1 since the update. I have a mission that is ready to be released that uses the BMD-1. Their are four in the mission that follow waypoints around the island and it worked perfectly. However since the update, One of them refuses to move and follow it's waypoints now and the other three are fish tailing and losing control a lot.

As a test I loaded up a fresh map (tanoa) and placed a BMD-1 and tried giving it a single waypoint, with behaviour set to safe and speed set to default (medium). I tried doing this at various locations on the island and each time there was a good chance the BMD would suddenly pause and not move anymore. When it would move it would fishtail non stop and continually slow down and speed up abruptly. The fishtailing was pretty drastic, about 45 degrees to the left and then to the right.

Can any one else test this out and let me know if you are having the same problem?

The mission also uses M113s, I didn't test them out yet other than dropping one on Tanoa during my BMD test and giving it a single way point set to safe and standard speed. The M113 in my single test followed the road to it's waypoin, however it did exhibit the fishtailing. The M113s fishtailing didn't seem as drastic as the BMD but it was noticeable. 

I'll do some more test tomorrow but I have to hit the hay for the night. 

The MERDC camo on the M113 is awesome guys. 

If you have not yet, please create an issue report in the feedback tracker.

• Like 1

I definitely will tonight, I'm at work right now. I want to run some more test before I send a tracker report, so I can include more information. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed or experienced the same issue.

I have a handful of complete missions that use RHS armor. I'll be able to check out a decent selection of vehicles in a scenario environment and see if they are having issues or not.

G'day RHS Devs,

I was wondering if you are going to be adding Vehicle-In-Vehicle Capability to the new SOV M1084 flatbed truck, allowing it to carry such vehicles as the MRZR, Quad Bike and Neddles' 6x6 Polaris ATV?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

I was wondering if you are going to be adding Vehicle-In-Vehicle Capability to the new SOV M1084 flatbed truck, allowing it to carry such vehicles as the MRZR, Quad Bike and Neddles' 6x6 Polaris ATV?

You already can (or at least you should be able to, unless something else is interfering with the FMTVs)

WByG9bml.png

1 hour ago, ShadyX said:

Is it possible to toggle interior light via script?

Depends on the vehicle

For something like the UH-1 it's

[_Vehicle, "cargolights_hide"] call rhs_fnc_toggleIntLight;

For trucks and MRAPs it's usually

[_Vehicle,1] call rhsusf_fnc_carLightToggle;

Or an equivalent command for AFRF vehicles

Maybe easiest to check the ingame config viewer and see what the statement = ; parameter is for the interior lights in class userActions for that vehicle. And adjust the variables accordingly.

Bear in mind that the vehicle's lights need to be turned on in order any lights to show. Whether internal or external.

• Like 1

Are the TV-guided missiles like the Kh-25MT and the Kh-29T working with the MiG-29SM's TV yet or is that to be implemented? If not are there any other missiles or bombs that are supposed to be used with the MiG-29SM's TV?

42 minutes ago, Sgt.Makarov said:

Are the TV-guided missiles like the Kh-25MT and the Kh-29T working with the MiG-29SM's TV yet or is that to be implemented? If not are there any other missiles or bombs that are supposed to be used with the MiG-29SM's TV?

TV system for the MiG-29SM is still WIP. Including the weapon sensors, pilotCamera dialog and in-cockpit MFD. Same with the navigation system

For now, treat it as an improved MiG-29S fighter, with the radar display for those that abhorred trying to use the HUD-only approach of the older aircraft.

• Thanks 1