Nice. Though you might want to adjust maximum speed on MiG-29 page. It says 1.3km/h... I can walk faster than that, and I'm not particularly fit. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Holy Crap, that is awesome stuff Reyhard!  Any chance those movable waypoints and map  will be integrated into any other aircraft? 

8 hours ago, reyhard said:

Some status report with some WIP material.

Mi-24 Moving Map

5GpsNc3.jpg

That looks awesome!
BTW what is the green crosshair for in the HUD/collimator sight?

2 hours ago, kibyde said:

That looks awesome!
BTW what is the green crosshair for in the HUD/collimator sight?

For the cannon

Another update from our social media pages:

Made by our dear leader @soul_assassin, who gives me far to much credit for lending him a couple of bits and pieces from an older model of mine.

I know you guys don't like to have dependencies (specifically on CBA), so were you able to have the dot on the Elcan change intensity solely within your mod or is it still a fixed illumination?

21 hours ago, reyhard said:

MiG-29S with working GPS unit

Man, Russian AIs make my head hurt.

Looks spectacular!

21 minutes ago, gatordev said:

so were you able to have the dot on the Elcan change intensity solely within your mod or is it still a fixed illumination?

No it will definitely still be fixed illumination.

Changing brightness on the reticle for 3D optics requires a different .p3d model file for each setting, and if we will replace all the existing Specter classes there will already be half a dozen different models required for basic things like different coloured textures, doing MRDS/no MRDS versions, 5.56 (SU-231) and 7.62mm (SU-231A) reticles and probably PiP optics for each one.

We wont be able to manage having an additional half dozen copies of each model, just to change the brightness of the dot. It makes doing eventual bugfixes and maintenance updates for the Specters, too much work if there are 50-odd p3d files to sift through every time and apply the changes to each one.

22 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

No it will definitely still be fixed illumination.

Changing brightness on the reticle for 3D optics requires a different .p3d model file for each setting, and if we will replace all the existing Specter classes there will already be half a dozen different models required for basic things like different coloured textures, doing MRDS/no MRDS versions, 5.56 (SU-231) and 7.62mm (SU-231A) reticles and probably PiP optics for each one.

We wont be able to manage having an additional half dozen copies of each model, just to change the brightness of the dot. It makes doing eventual bugfixes and maintenance updates for the Specters, too much work if there are 50-odd p3d files to sift through every time and apply the changes to each one.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the reply.

Anybody has any idea why custom patches on rhs_uniform_acu_ucp getting a weird colored frame? Example patch below is from opfor mod. I tried other custom patches and had such frame around

Spoiler

2ho8ej9.jpg

Here is another one and the frame which I mean with close up picture

Spoiler

acwidi.jpg

36 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Anybody has any idea why custom patches on rhs_uniform_acu_ucp getting a weird colored frame?

Alpha sorting got broken at some point.

Should be fixed next time

That GTA mod credits Bohemia Interactive in the readme file. This mod author isn't part of RHS I assume?

5 hours ago, tillee said:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/weapons/ak-74m-2k-full-animated

I mean, I might be wrong but this stuff from /r/ArmA seems really ... fishy. 

I may be blind, but you might as well want to talk to that guy.

The uniform is 100% RHS. However with the weapon system its hard to tell since there are so many similar models out there. 

12 hours ago, tillee said:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/weapons/ak-74m-2k-full-animated

I mean, I might be wrong but this stuff from /r/ArmA seems really ... fishy. 

I may be blind, but you might as well want to talk to that guy.

Thank you for reporting. We are aware of it, the AK74 seems not be from RHS, the uniforms/vest in the picture are though, but i cannot seem to be able to find the specific download for these. If you find such link, please do let me know

Isn't that the AK-107 from ArmA2? It somehow reminds me of that model, and the uploader credited BIS. It's not like a GTA player is going to know the difference, anyway.

Funny that the comments seem to acknowledge that it's a port. :) I guess you're gotta expect that from a game called Grand Theft Auto... I wonder if it ever occurred to them to, you know, ask for permission?

Would it be possible to see this somewhere in the future? A MRZR without roll cage, as an option in the Attributes or Virtual Garage

26233043_10159922757480046_2992529487985

• Like 2

On 1/9/2018 at 7:49 AM, PuFu said:

Thank you for reporting. We are aware of it, the AK74 seems not be from RHS, the uniforms/vest in the picture are though, but i cannot seem to be able to find the specific download for these. If you find such link, please do let me know

Comments section of that mod said that they intend to release the playermodel soon. so I'm assuming it's not released and will soon.

On 09/01/2018 at 7:32 PM, Foxone said:

Would it be possible to see this somewhere in the future? A MRZR without roll cage, as an option in the Attributes or Virtual Garage

...airless tyres...they always get to play with the newest toys...damn SF...hahahahah

ps:A MRZR without roll cage= cool!

• Like 1

Is there a trick to getting steamcmd to download the larger modfiles to a dedicated server?  USAF just will not download.

command line...

C:\Apps\Steam\steamcmd.exe +login <my private information removed> +force_install_dir C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Mods +"workshop_download_item 107410 843577117" validate +quit

logs...

[2018-01-11 12:12:32] Loading workshop items for 0 installed apps for user [U:1:10403911]:
[2018-01-11 12:12:33] Loading workshop items for 0 installed apps for user [U:1:10403911]:
[2018-01-11 12:12:34] [AppID 107410] Loaded workshop items in "c:\games\arma3\a3mods\steamapps\workshop" (13 installed, 14 needed)
[2018-01-11 12:12:34] [AppID 107410] Starting Workshop download job
[2018-01-11 12:14:21] [AppID 107410] Update canceled: File commit failed: staging file is missing "c:\games\arma3\a3mods\steamapps\workshop\downloads\107410\843577117\addons\3660.r2616.build" (Canceled) "c:\games\arma3\a3mods\steamapps\workshop\downloads\107410\843577117\addons\3660.r2616.build"
[2018-01-11 12:14:21] [AppID 107410] Download item 843577117 result : Request has been canceled
[2018-01-11 12:14:21] [AppID 107410] Finished Workshop download job : Canceled
[2018-01-11 12:14:21] [AppID 107410] Updating workshop item details failed with Failure

Hey RHS team,

I have had no success in searching for a guide or a tutorial for your Su-25. The Wiki gives some insight on the laser guided missiles, but I can get none of the other variants of the Kh-25 to work. Furthermore, the article supposed to be explaining the SPO-15 RWR is empty.

I would like to use your Su-25 more often because it is more challenging to fight with it than all the target pod equipped western fighters and it seems like you have put a lot of effort and love in the details of this plane. Can you help me understand how to use the weapon systems effectively please?

Best regards,

runy888

3 hours ago, runy888 said:

but I can get none of the other variants of the Kh-25 to work

Only laser guided variants can be used on basic Su-25. Rest of the missile is left there as a framework for future variants of Su-25

As for RWR, for now you can use this guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844502187

• Thanks 1

I could be looking into it too much, but are the camouflage fatigues added in GREF as of late a hint of a Takistani/Middle East faction later on?