On 12/10/2017 at 6:28 AM, Hans(z) said:

Hi

Guys I have one question! I can't find MOSIN SBR in the editor list, how can I place it in the mission? I find some other guns which are inaccessible in the virtual arsenal like DSR 1.

Do you have GREF loaded because it's a GREF weapon 

1 minute ago, Scotty_Z said:

Do you have GREF loaded because it's a GREF weapon 

Yep ... I have all RHS stuff loaded.

When I'm in editor I can change soldiers loadout via Virtual Arsenal or put Mosin SBR simply into the crate, but I can't find Mosin SBR on the right side where are units, weapons objects .. etc located and place it like an object on the ground or table.

2 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

DSR-1?.. we have DSR-1?

Yep, If you open editor object=>sniper rifles=>DSR1

On 12/10/2017 at 11:28 PM, Hans(z) said:

Hi

Guys I have one question! I can't find MOSIN SBR in the editor list, how can I place it in the mission? I find some other guns which are inaccessible in the virtual arsenal like DSR 1.

it's cause I was lazy and/or forgot to add it to the zeus/eden list of items; da12thmonkey has added it in now though

• Like 5

On 12/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, bek said:

it's cause I was lazy and/or forgot to add it to the zeus/eden list of items; da12thmonkey has added it in now though

gaaaddamit bek, you don't deserve that there meseeks icon :u

On 11/12/2017 at 9:40 PM, Hans(z) said:

Yep, If you open editor object=>sniper rifles=>DSR1

mmm...sorry man..couldn't find it....it's just me been dumb or there's a tryck? 

Hello there everyone :)

I want to apologize ahead, that his might seem inappropriate in light of recent events or unsuited for this thread; in which case, @admins, feel free to re-move 
this comment!

Recently gurdy gracefully announced the discontinuation of his splendid Westwall project, which I might add, deeply affected me as I was one of those looking
forward to it immensely, I felt, since some who worked on Westwall, like gurdy himself, are members of RHS, or at least contributors, that there should be a flow
of now unused assets to GREF.

Specifically I wanted to point out, that I believe @gfelton 's Sturmgewehr and Donnie Oliver's P38 might be of good use in GREF; for militia and ultra-nationalist forces.
In the same fashion I think also any wearables like the K98k stripper clip pouches or the infamous M43 cap would be a welcomed addition for these sub-factions!
Furthermore I have had the idea for quite while now already, that perhaps @Redphoenix's M3 Grease Gun could be implemented, now that in the HIDF there'd be a counter part to real life forces, that could very well use them! Also the M3's standard WW2 look for other-than-jungle environments would be gladly appreciated.
Lastly I was tremendously looking forward to the vast array of showcased WW2 explosives, like grenades, grenade launcher, panzerfausts, and especially so mines(!) - and in case those are among the more finished content of Westwall - I would also make the case that they certainly would make sense as GREF content.

As for my final words, I want to emphasize that this is by no means a request, merely a pitch, a talking point as to what other RHS fans here on the forums think of the idea; and an honest remark, as to the strong interest (hopefully more so in the community) in those assets as part of GREF.

Thanks to all of you, for the insane work you've done so far! We love it!
Best regards as always,

~ 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, alessiomoreno said:

Hello there everyone :)....

Hey man, allow me to chip in as a RHS happy user.

Although you're moved by a deep love for WW2 assets, I don't think they fit right in with most (if not all) factions in Arma. 

I highly doubt that ANY Army,PMC,terrorist group, resistance combatant,freedom fighter, even in the poorest country, will use ANY 70 years old weapon/explosive.Try to buy a working STG44 at an auction and then we talk. WW2 weapons are not cost effective in today theaters of operation. Did you know that in some country around the world you could get an AK for less than a dinner for 2  in a good restaurant?

Since RHS strive for realism,it make sense to see some late 60/70 soviet era weapons, which are still somehow present in eastern europe and middle east AO...but that's it.

That's my 2 cent Hermano!

3 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

mmm...sorry man..couldn't find it....it's just me been dumb or there's a tryck? 

Try Assault rifles, think it's in there for some reason

19 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Hey man, allow me to chip in as a RHS happy user...

You can still see even pre-1900 bolt action rifles used in some conflicts if there is ammunition available. Also buying Stg44 at an auction house is not really same thing as weapons imported into a country 70+ years ago and then sold around on the black market.

I for one would love to see Westwalls assets in RHS.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Shashmurin said:

You can still see even pre-1900 bolt action rifles used in some conflicts if there is ammunition available. Also buying Stg44 at an auction house is not really same thing as weapons imported into a country 70+ years ago and then sold around on the black market.

I for one would love to see Westwalls assets in RHS.

Ammunition/parts availabilities...that's the magic word.

I'm not an arm dealer,neither an insurgent group leader or whatever involved with weapons trafficking...but it takes no genius to understand that ammo and parts for 70 yo stuff is by now RARE and EXPENSIVE. Sure, there's no doubt in my mind that somewhere they are still in use by someone (as a single person) and their killing capabilities is still there. Damn...I still remember my grandpa hiding some "old" german handgun in the barn when I was a kid..20 years after ww2....but that pistol by then was nothing more than a rusty toys for us. And when I served as a Paratrooper we still use an european version of an updated  M1 GARAND , so don't get me wrong..I LOVE WW2 assets...but beside very FEW pieces it's not something I'll go into combat with.

1 hour ago, zagor64bz said:

[...] Try to buy a working STG44 at an auction and then we talk. [...]

I think I remember seeing more than few Stg44 during the Syrian Civil War and being use.

• Like 3

Couple of months ago there was this story; which was one of the main reasons why I came around to mention the Stg. in the first place.
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/the-stg-44-in-africa/
There have also been lots of other instances, e.g. of findings of US troops in Iraq back in 2003/4 and Afghanistan, but didn't research that now.

As in my example of ultra-nationalists, I was thinking of groups that'd go as far as to buy replicas, from the US for instance,  ammunition then coming as well from
producers in the US or also from Serbia (if I remember correctly they're manufactured down there).
Couldn't find a photo of someone using such a weapon in the field though; but I have something akin to that:

Back in 2010 I was visiting relatives in Sri Lanka and we came across a war time museum, at which they displayed weapons and other military equipment used by both the SLAF and the LTTE and among those weapons used by the terrorists, we found nothing less than an MG-42 (with spare barrels and everything).
The Lieutenant that accompanied us and gave us context to the the pieces displayed, said that such weapons often came from places like Vietnam and China, but also sometimes Korea or Japan. In the case of vintage German WW2 weapons, as he continued, this specific piece for instance was intercepted off the coast of Japan, where lots of these types of weapons would be produced and then sold on the black market; often to terrorist cells across Asia/ Oceania.

~

Edit: If I knew how to, I would upload the pics I took from the "museum", in case that was desired.
Edit II: A lot of these ultra-nationalists dig the old uniforms, they love their reenactment..

Spoiler

DFglXO_UQAELPdR.jpg

Spoiler

Ukraine-Nazi-Commander.jpg

Edit III: ^My last off-topic post.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, alessiomoreno said:

was nothing less than an MG-42 (with spare barrels and everything).

If it makes you feel better, at least that was in a museum...hahahahha..I carried one for 3 month when I served...sure, it was an updated version (caliber was changed to 7.62X51 NATO from the original WW2 7.92X57 mauser) but HEAVY as a fu*k nonetheless. AWESOME firepower tho.

ANYWAY...we each like to play with certain weapons/faction/assets....so it comes down to personal preference.

There's place for old weapons in Arma and / or RHS? YES.

Would I use it?Probably not.

So everyone...PEACE :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zagor64bz said:

Ammunition/parts availabilities...that's the magic word.

Handload/reload ammo )

A few years ago in an Arizona gun shop they had a box full of old Mosin Nagants for $300 each. Wish I had bought one. No idea if they worked.

no real reason to argue if it will fit in gref or not, if you don’t wanna use it you can choose not to.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

no real reason to argue if it will fit in gref or not, if you don’t wanna use it you can choose not to.

You know what? YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!

After reviewing my mental trip above I agree with you....and I realized we made the same statement at a certain point:

ANYWAY...we each like to play with certain weapons/faction/assets....so it comes down to personal preference.

There's place for old weapons in Arma and / or RHS? YES.

Would I use it?Probably not.

So..topic closed on my end.

PEACE brothers!

• Like 2

WW2 era weapons are much more common that many people may think in current conflict areas. 

LeeEnfield No4 Mk1s and Mosin Nagants were relatively common in use by the Taliban in southern Afghanistan (when they weren't using AKs and PK/PKMs). Even came across an Enfield rifle dated 1927. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LCpl Derr said:

WW2 era weapons are much more common that many people may think in current conflict areas. 

I was one of those then.

Damn...coming from a source with eyes on the field it's not something I can't disregard.I have to admit that I spoke based to an assumption and I'm not afraid to say that obviously I was wrong.

@LCpl Derr thanks for your service man! 

• Like 1

Haha no problem pal. On the other end of the spectrum, they also had brand new PKs, PKMs and AKs. It's also plausible for militias and insurgents to have limited night vision capabilities and captured US (NATO also) weapons. 

• Like 2

As I stated above, I served myself(paratroopers) , but never deploy in combat area.Knowing how much it takes to keep weapons efficient, I wrongly assumed that ww2/old weapons could be present, but not so common.

Boy..what do I know?LOL...

ps:BE SAFE bro if you are still active....

• Like 1