1 hour ago, lucapec said:

Thank you for the quick reply! But I can't make it work.. I've also tried to save a configuration in the vehicle arsenal and export it to the init, but when mission starts nothing happens..

Try eden attributes instead maybe

On 10/30/2017 at 7:32 PM, katipo66 said:

If you need a complete faction list for units and vehicles just throw them all in VR and save unbinarized, you can then open the mission.sqm in Poeseidon and grab them there, its easier than one at a time.

Even easier is to use gienkov's really excellent ACC DAC Toolbox - some simple-to-use scripts that generate classnames for units, helis, wheeled vehicles, and tracked vehicles. Place the desired subset on a map & run the scripts, get classnames in a format immediately usable in DAC 3 or spunFin's AISSP, etc.

To get weapon & kit classnames,  name a unit on the map & run the "getWeapons.sqf" script.

In each instance the output is copied to the clipboard. I've always pasted into an sqf file in Notepad ++ so it's ready to use. Just save that file as .txt to get both file formats.

Still need to pull plane & static info from the mission, but there are generally fewer items than for units, vehicles and weapons. I made a complete set fo CUP last year, took me about 2 - 3 hours - so much easier than copying & pasting all those lines from the mission file.

Cheers, gienkov! :respekt:

• Like 3

On 24.10.2017 at 12:33 PM, Strike_NOR said:

What do you base this on? Not to defend Laxemann or anything, but just think about the following for a few seconds. 

Helicopter make a wide range of different sounds. For instance:

• Blade tip vortices (main and tail rotor)
  • Rotor blades compressing air (main and tail rotor)
  • Main gearbox (whining)
  • Engine compressor(s - one for each engine)
  • Engine turbine(s- one for each engine)
  • Engine exhaust(s - one for each engine)
  • Engine gearbox(es - one for each engine)
  • Fuselage aerodynamic noise
  • Fuel pumps
  • Generators

Just in this simple list there are a possibility of perhaps ~20 sound sources which all make up "helicopter noise". 

Here comes the kicker:

Each sound has its own frequency and intensity, which make them act very differently depending on the environment. A lot of the low-frequency sounds (humming) will be heard from a long distance, and also through buildings/cover to some degree, because they are not absorbed by air, nor matter as much as high-frequency sounds. (Think of your neighbor playing loud music. You really just hear the bass, not the vocals or other high-pitch noise).

A simple chart from sound absorption in air:

aLJBb.png

Bear in mind that in ARMA 3, wind does not affect sound propagation, but it does in real life. If you are standing near a highway in gusty weather, you will hear the volume of the traffic noise oscillate, because wind is "tampering" with the sound propagation.

You may hear the gas turbine and whistle really well if you are standing close to a helicopter under calm conditions, but not as much as if the helicopter is standing downwind from you, or a little further away.

Youtube is not always a good reference, because different recording devices have very different microphone qualities. Some pick up all the noise, others just pick up a portion of the spectre. Add to that, the cameramans position in these clips, the weather conditions etc. You will "always" have a different idea of what the heli "should" sound like.

From personal experience, the F-16 is extremely loud from front/forward angle due to the high frequency of the compressor turning. If you are standing behind the wings, these sounds completely fade out and all you can hear is the low rumble and idling of the engine through the fuselage (all high-frequency noises are filtered). Standing directly behind an F-16, the sound appears to completely fade out and you can't even tell if the jet is shut down or operating. This is because the turbulent exhaust gas actually scrambles the sound so much that it fades out completely before it can reach you.

Anyways, this is why audio is so important to game developers nowadays and they have entire teams of audio-engineers to go into the field and record stuff from all angles and distances. In order to have a realistic game, you need more than good visuals. You need to trick the mind that it's hearing stuff realistically too!

Look at this video of recording sounds for Halo 4 and think about what it would sound like if you recorded it with your cellphone instead :P 

So to summarize I just wanted to say that we should show some appreciation of the total product of new sounds for helicopters in RHS, rather than nitpicking at small things that in the grand scheme of things, become less important.

It's just that this helicopter already had a good sound.

1 hour ago, shurka said:

*quotes my entire post*

A friendly tip... don't quote images or entire large posts. ?

I'm looking forwards to putting on a good headset and trying it out in game soon(tm)

Hi. 

Ok, so been playing around with the MELB helicopters after the last update and got to wondering. Is there any way to set it so the Copilot (with the FLIR camera) can be set to launch the acual missiles? aka the DAGR's and AGM-114K's with his lasersight/lock?
I cannot get it to work, and seeing as it makes close to no sense for the pilot to have control over the missiles, it renders the heli close to useless (as a CAS platform with 2 pilots in). Especially when the pilot cannot lock on to the acual laser from the copilot. 

Any help would be fantastic! Am I just doing somthing wrong here?

4 minutes ago, jonas p said:

Hi. 

Ok, so been playing around with the MELB helicopters after the last update and got to wondering. Is there any way to set it so the Copilot (with the FLIR camera) can be set to launch the acual missiles? aka the DAGR's and AGM-114K's with his lasersight/lock?
I cannot get it to work, and seeing as it makes close to no sense for the pilot to have control over the missiles, it renders the heli close to useless (as a CAS platform with 2 pilots in). Especially when the pilot cannot lock on to the acual laser from the copilot. 

Any help would be fantastic! Am I just doing somthing wrong here?

In current stable Arma version there is a bug with pylon selection menu which should be fixed in next Arma update (1.78)

• Like 1

1d58eeaf0d.jpg

Yugoslavian AP mine similar to Claymore, only you can also activate with tripwire. This thing is awesome, thanks Festival!

Edited by Poentis.K
quote format was showing for somebody not relavant to post
  • Like 17

Hi guys,

Is it me or the Move inside of the C-130J has some problems ? Maybe a fix or other solution to walk inside the cargo of a plane ?

55 minutes ago, ShiftyFR said:

Is it me or the Move inside of the C-130J has some problems ? Maybe a fix or other solution to walk inside the cargo of a plane ?

I'm aware that is broken after changes to attachTo behaviour but so far I don't have any idea how to solve it. Probably it will need some replacement but who knows

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, reyhard said:

I'm aware that is broken after changes to attachTo behaviour but so far I don't have any idea how to solve it. Probably it will need some replacement but who knows

Nice to heard, thanks for the great job

has anyone a proper http/ftp mirror, i just hate steamworkshop @dedicated server (you need a steam acc with arma3+subbed mod list), i could mirror it on a host with a gbit connection in reward.

^ Adjusted M1 coax FCS calculations

Tank you, tank you, tank you and a million times of tank you.

That was a terrible joke I know.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your continuing hard work. I can't express how much entertainment and sandbox satisfaction you have provided with your addons. ArmA would not be the same without you guys :)

Have a great weekend!

i think i found a bug in current RHSUSAF (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843577117) i redownloaded it twice (incl manual delete) from steamworkshop + armaholic mirror.

- load arma3 vanilla (no magical switches etc/mallocs etc) + only RHSUSAF 

- goto editor / open random map (altis/stratis whatever)

- place USA (USMC - D) - Helicopters - UH-1Y (RHS_UH1Y_FFAR_d)

Error: Popup "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'"

RPT 

2:45:53 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'.
 2:45:53 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 2:45:53 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.armor'.
 2:45:53 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.passThrough'.

Never had this error before 0.4.4...

Can anyone confirm this?

Ive encountered an issue but not sure where to start. I run alot of mods but with latest version on a dedicated server Im getting lots of crashes of various missions. We play mostly Ghost Enemy Assault missions but have tried a few others and same issue. Go back to v4.3.1 and no crashes. Didnt find anything in initial searches of rpt but still looking

13 minutes ago, Rockapes said:

Ive encountered an issue but not sure where to start. I run alot of mods but with latest version on a dedicated server Im getting lots of crashes of various missions. We play mostly Ghost Enemy Assault missions but have tried a few others and same issue. Go back to v4.3.1 and no crashes. Didnt find anything in initial searches of rpt but still looking

when you manage to find repro steps, put them on feedback.rhsmods.org, including the .rpt file

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yxman said:

i think i found a bug in current RHSUSAF (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843577117) i redownloaded it twice (incl manual delete) from steamworkshop + armaholic mirror.

- load arma3 vanilla (no magical switches etc/mallocs etc) + only RHSUSAF 

- goto editor / open random map (altis/stratis whatever)

- place USA (USMC - D) - Helicopters - UH-1Y (RHS_UH1Y_FFAR_d)

Error: Popup "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'"

RPT 

2:45:53 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'.
 2:45:53 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.armor'.
 2:45:53 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.passThrough'.

Never had this error before 0.4.4...

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes I can confirm this All UH-1Y Hueys have this error popup.

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'"

Tested with 0.4.4 without any other mods.

When I have a minute I will post it on the bug tracker.

Regards.

We're aware of the cause of the heli_light_03_base hitpoint error in the current version of Arma 3. But it might not be an issue after the next game patch for Tac-Ops DLC, which BIS say will be out Nov 30th.

The error doesn't seem to appear on dev Branch. It's likely due to some changes in this helicopter base class that have been referenced by our team during development of 0.4.4, but aren't in stable yet.

So for now, we'll monitor the issue and see whether it's necessary to include a fix for it or not in the next version of the mod.

If it is still a problem in 2-3 weeks: We know how to fix it :)

• Like 4

Would that be possible to make the S-24 and S-25 rockets "semi-automatic"? Ripple fire is great for smaller rockets, but when you have only between two or six rockets, you may want finer control over how many you fire. Right now, there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid firing them all off in a single volley.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, PuFu said:

when you manage to find repro steps, put them on feedback.rhsmods.org, including the .rpt file

Just an update. Only issue I found in rpt was about deinitialized RHS objects ( like alot of them if not all ). I restored the current RHS mods onto server today and no errors or crashes or errors in rpt so obviously just something random with arma or server yesterday. Currently all working well.