1 hour ago, AHTNTEPPOP said:

Thats perfect Sound of Mi24! Please don't Change this!

Make you also new Sounds for Mi8?

I don't know how to correct clearifying this typical Sound. So sorry for some german words.

Dieses hohe aber leise pfeifen, keine Ahnung woher es kommt, wenn die Mi8 über einen fliegt wie in dem Video. Thank you so much Laxemann fo your work!

I plan to update _all_ helis, then the tracked vehicles, then the wheeled ones. This will take a while, though. Once a vehicle is done, i'll push it into the mod though, so you'll be able to enjoy the finished ones with each update :)

• Like 9

Is there a function to call the tank ammo management in game like we can with the pylons?

15 hours ago, laxemann said:

More flap flap

There is not enough whistle and noise of the gas turbine.

7 hours ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

I just wanted to ask, since i remember a while back you posted picture of SOCR boat
13308247_1215326495147008_5171442431349134771_o.jpg?oh=44d9b8853decee4f8eb9423e20521b0e&oe=5A6D3BC3

I just want to ask, is it still planned or idea was canceled ? iam not saying when iam just would like to know if i should stay excited or no. 
Thanks ahead for answer and keep the great job

I second this, so many models that were donated but still unknown if W.I.P. or shelved :(

29 minutes ago, Poentis.K said:

I second this, so many models that were donated but still unknown if W.I.P. or shelved :(

It's still being worked on as far as I know. Hatchet (the author) is just busy with life and other obligations, and hasn't been able to finish it yet. These things can take years when you do them in your free time, have some patience. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, laxemann said:

I plan to update _all_ helis, then the tracked vehicles, then the wheeled ones. This will take a while, though. Once a vehicle is done, i'll push it into the mod though, so you'll be able to enjoy the finished ones with each update :)

No jets?

57 minutes ago, sargken said:

No jets?

They are my lowest priority at the moment :P

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

wasn't donated, @Hatchet_AS is in fact a member of RHS, and as previously said, he has other life priorities atm.

btw, we have no access to his wip files, or anyone's else for that matter, even if we had, we let each artist finish his own stuff unless he asks for a helping hand himself. afaik, none of the stuff he has been working on is shelved or canned. as always it will happen when it will happen.

• Like 4

How did you make the monochromatic black-white view on the Mİ-28N and UH-1Y? Is it something like an overlay which can be added with only config change or it's the optic texture itself?

18 hours ago, ballistic09 said:

It's still being worked on as far as I know. Hatchet (the author) is just busy with life and other obligations, and hasn't been able to finish it yet. These things can take years when you do them in your free time, have some patience. 

=-

11 hours ago, PuFu said:

wasn't donated, @Hatchet_AS is in fact a member of RHS, and as previously said, he has other life priorities atm.

btw, we have no access to his wip files, or anyone's else for that matter, even if we had, we let each artist finish his own stuff unless he asks for a helping hand himself. afaik, none of the stuff he has been working on is shelved or canned. as always it will happen when it will happen.

Good enough for me! Thanks for the quick response! :D

On ‎20‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 11:06 PM, laxemann said:

Thanks  @laxemann

Nice to hear this!

Hey guys i would like to ask you on this post on yours FB page

Does it mean that you will change interior at Mi-8MTSh? Also will you add a radar/nose to its model? Because at all pics of Mi-8MTSh i saw that new nose... (like in spoiler)

Spoiler

Mi-8AMTSh-V.jpg

Also do you think its possible to make the ramp at Mi-8MTSh make openable to load at least ATV quadbike (because VDV troops have them in their equipment)

Spoiler

Mil_Mi-171Sh_open_ramp.jpg

Best regards Luke_z_Brna

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luke_z_Brna said:

Does it mean that you will change interior at Mi-8MTSh?

We (RHS) aren't doing anything in this regard.

We asked for the sake of helping someone who has helped our project. Someone who had their camera nicked.

What they plan to to do with such photos, is at their own discretion.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen a way to change the Abrams ammo in game like a gui or something?

• Sad 1

Just wondering if anyone here has any suggestions on how best to go about updating RHS versions on a dedicated server? 

As it stands at the moment BI doesn't allow for the downloading of files via steamcmd without a copy of the game. Normally I'd install a copy for the server but the server's hard drive doesn't have enough physical space on it Arma and RHS.

I've looked at ModDB and PuFu's torrents but they both appears to be 0.4.2, not 0.4.2.1

Give it a try with USF, On my end it returns a error.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843577117

I think I might be a idiot, I'm in the process of retrying SteamCMD with an account which has arma on it.

Edit: Yep, Idiot. I'll leave this here in the event anyone else comes across the same difficulty.

Hi, I have question about SAF. Will you add Mile Dragić Tiger tactical vest with holster?

I cannot find the key to switch the mode on the g33 it’s not my normal key for every other optic I’ve fried everything!!

You set it in the RHS game options button in the arma 3 menu. By default it is numpad /

Just noticed while playing the latest hotfix that the ALICE pack now uas camo variants. A big thanks from me for that! RHS's backpacks are awesome and it is nice to have camo variations so that you can have a full UCP, EMR or in this case TTKSO loadout.

Loving as always, thanks guys!

On 10/20/2017 at 11:15 PM, shurka said:

There is not enough whistle and noise of the gas turbine.

What do you base this on? Not to defend Laxemann or anything, but just think about the following for a few seconds. 

Helicopter make a wide range of different sounds. For instance:

• Blade tip vortices (main and tail rotor)
  • Rotor blades compressing air (main and tail rotor)
  • Main gearbox (whining)
  • Engine compressor(s - one for each engine)
  • Engine turbine(s- one for each engine)
  • Engine exhaust(s - one for each engine)
  • Engine gearbox(es - one for each engine)
  • Fuselage aerodynamic noise
  • Fuel pumps
  • Generators

Just in this simple list there are a possibility of perhaps ~20 sound sources which all make up "helicopter noise". 

Here comes the kicker:

Each sound has its own frequency and intensity, which make them act very differently depending on the environment. A lot of the low-frequency sounds (humming) will be heard from a long distance, and also through buildings/cover to some degree, because they are not absorbed by air, nor matter as much as high-frequency sounds. (Think of your neighbor playing loud music. You really just hear the bass, not the vocals or other high-pitch noise).

A simple chart from sound absorption in air:

aLJBb.png

Bear in mind that in ARMA 3, wind does not affect sound propagation, but it does in real life. If you are standing near a highway in gusty weather, you will hear the volume of the traffic noise oscillate, because wind is "tampering" with the sound propagation.

You may hear the gas turbine and whistle really well if you are standing close to a helicopter under calm conditions, but not as much as if the helicopter is standing downwind from you, or a little further away.

Youtube is not always a good reference, because different recording devices have very different microphone qualities. Some pick up all the noise, others just pick up a portion of the spectre. Add to that, the cameramans position in these clips, the weather conditions etc. You will "always" have a different idea of what the heli "should" sound like.

From personal experience, the F-16 is extremely loud from front/forward angle due to the high frequency of the compressor turning. If you are standing behind the wings, these sounds completely fade out and all you can hear is the low rumble and idling of the engine through the fuselage (all high-frequency noises are filtered). Standing directly behind an F-16, the sound appears to completely fade out and you can't even tell if the jet is shut down or operating. This is because the turbulent exhaust gas actually scrambles the sound so much that it fades out completely before it can reach you.

Anyways, this is why audio is so important to game developers nowadays and they have entire teams of audio-engineers to go into the field and record stuff from all angles and distances. In order to have a realistic game, you need more than good visuals. You need to trick the mind that it's hearing stuff realistically too!

Look at this video of recording sounds for Halo 4 and think about what it would sound like if you recorded it with your cellphone instead :P 

So to summarize I just wanted to say that we should show some appreciation of the total product of new sounds for helicopters in RHS, rather than nitpicking at small things that in the grand scheme of things, become less important.

• Like 9

Hi guys,

Is it poossible to switch jumplight to Green with a trigger ? If yes, how to do ?

My C-130 is control by an AI and I want the jumplight switching to Green when entering a Trigger.

Need help !

Thanks

4 hours ago, ShiftyFR said:

Hi guys,

Is it poossible to switch jumplight to Green with a trigger ? If yes, how to do ?

My C-130 is control by an AI and I want the jumplight switching to Green when entering a Trigger.

Need help !

Thanks

this animateSource ["jumplight", 1]; 

• Like 2