11 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

Last question would it be unwise to pray to the eldars that there might be one day your beautiful m1's with helmet covers?

unwise indeed :)

5 hours ago, Realthinged said:

Hi Guys!

After today's SAF update on Steam all of my UAZs and Urals are now without engine sounds, only start engine sounds are working. Can anybody confirm the same?

feedback.rhsmods.org

4 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Or... did you guys make some changes that have broken Project Opfor?

no idea, but you are asking in the wrong thread, project opfor is not maintained by RHS

4 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Probably OT but its related to the downloading of RHS mods...

This is what I am using and the ONLY mod that will download correctly and completely is GREF

steamcmd.exe +login <my user> <my pass> +force_install_dir c:\arma_dl +workshop_download_item 107410 843577117 validate <<< fails... usually a timeout
steamcmd.exe +login <my user> <my pass> +force_install_dir c:\arma_dl +workshop_download_item 107410 843425103 validate <<< fails... usually a timeout
steamcmd.exe +login <my user> <my pass> +force_install_dir c:\arma_dl +workshop_download_item 107410 843593391 validate <<< works

Are the steam uploads bugged at the moment?

Update... apparently, yes.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

Issue 3667

Sigh!

no, as explained on the feedback tracker, the steam uploads are not bugged, you seem to have a problem downloading them for whatever reasons that are not under our control

3 hours ago, AZCoder said:

I found out yesterday one of the AH6 classes disappeared, in the editor of my mission I found 2 pilots floating mid-air without a helicopter, although the obsolete AH6 was still in the mission.sqm. I updated it to the new valid class. So yes it is possible that existing missions are broken. I should add that this was an unusual change from RHS because they were implementing the new weapons load system.

most of the time we keep stuff that we remove in for legacy purpose. Aligning RHS content to Jets DLC meant we had to do stuff differently this time.

3 hours ago, jtareb1 said:

Question about existing missions using RHS, especially the existing cti missions.

Do the missions themselves have to be updated to reflect the changes each time? I know the new weapons would have to be added but are the other changes automatically added? 

in general, no, not each time, only when we have to catch up with some of the core changes BI made with their vanilla game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, laxemann said:

Heya everybody,

i thought you might be interested in getting a first listen at the helicopter audio revamp I'm currently working on! :)

It's heavily WIP as I'm still experimenting on how to get the most dynamic soundscape out of the least amount of sounds/voices used, but you get the idea.

Cheers

LAxe

Beautiful work! Wunderbar!

You are the Mozart of battleground noise!

audio-engineer-definition-t-shirts-women

I am grateful nonetheless :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, laxemann said:

Heya everybody,

i thought you might be interested in getting a first listen at the helicopter audio revamp I'm currently working on! :)

It's heavily WIP as I'm still experimenting on how to get the most dynamic soundscape out of the least amount of sounds/voices used, but you get the idea.

Cheers

LAxe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shurka said:

How in UH60M ESSS to guide Hellfire missiles?

Can't do it on its own. It's a standard UH-60 support helicopter, not a MH-60 DAP attack helicopter.

The Hellfires and DAGRs were added mostly with multiplayer in mind, for use in fire support roles. With external laser targeting provided by e.g. and Apache or Little Bird in the same flight, or a FAC with a designator on the ground (or sat in the back of the Blackhawk's FFV seat works too).

UH-60s aren't routinely armed with anything other than guns, and generally only use ESSS for carrying fuel or baggage pods. But the above fire support role with FACs or mixed flights of Apaches etc. was envisaged as a secondary role during the Cold War, so it seemed fair to add the capability while we were doing dynamic loadouts for everything anyway.

• Like 1

I noticed in the Eden editor that the US Army unis are UCP...is that correct? I thought OCP was supposed to replace UCP.

15 hours ago, Realthinged said:

Hi Guys!

After today's SAF update on Steam all of my UAZs and Urals are now without engine sounds, only start engine sounds are working. Can anybody confirm the same?

Kamaz dont have high RPM sounds too.

• Sad 1

Dos anyone know how to get rid of the white, using photoshop (Photo in the spoiler)

Spoiler

8C528A6882CF1F2089297F3F5D71792F0904E9FA

1 hour ago, jtareb1 said:

I noticed in the Eden editor that the US Army unis are UCP...is that correct? I thought OCP was supposed to replace UCP.

The "Woodland Army" dudes are UCP "garrison uniforms", "Desert" Is the OEF-CP (multicam) uniforms.  It is my understanding that OCP ACUs are in the works, but they won't be ready for some time as the cut of OCP ACUs are different from the legacy UCP uniforms. clima_x is also working on combat shirts. But I want to stress that this is all on the back burner because clima_x is working predominantly on Westwall.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AIF_Infantrymen said:

Dos anyone know how to get rid of the white, using photoshop (Photo in the spoiler)

Create the image with an Alpha Channel and save as 32-bit .tga with a _ca suffix before converting to .paa

Example - check the Channels window in Photoshop and look at the "Alpha 1" channel (Ctrl+6)

• Like 1

Hi RHS team 

How do you use the  Mi-24 (P&V) effectively in single player? I know the older Hind has no radar but there is no indication of where the AI gunner is aiming or if the dude is even awake. I noticed the green crosshair in the pilots hud but it doesn't do anything.

Am I missing a secret button or something or are these models aimed only at multiplayer types?

Love the mod keep the hits coming ;)

Hey RHS Team, Been a long time fan of your mods. Quick question in the new release; how do you get AI Gunner in attack helicopters to aim hellfires now? (never seem to lock on) 

Love the mods guys, keep up the great work

hooray!, after a few hours of trial and error & hole lot of googling i got it working (ignore the white text, that next thing i need to tackle & need to bump the text size up a bit)

667BC9EB7CBB2F12DE9856843B53E30D97DFB7FA

I have two question about the custom names on the ACU:

- How does it work? Is there any tutorial available?

- Is there a plan to implemented this to other USAF uniforms of RHS, such as the G3s?

@Singh Aram where did get the name tags background & how did get it black, instead of white as i did

1 hour ago, ranger_24 said:

I have two question about the custom names on the ACU:

- How does it work? Is there any tutorial available?

- Is there a plan to implemented this to other USAF uniforms of RHS, such as the G3s?

It was mentioned in the last page: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183435-rhs-escalation-afrf-and-usaf/?do=findComment&comment=3242819

• Like 1

I just wanted to ask, since i remember a while back you posted picture of SOCR boat
13308247_1215326495147008_5171442431349134771_o.jpg?oh=44d9b8853decee4f8eb9423e20521b0e&oe=5A6D3BC3

I just want to ask, is it still planned or idea was canceled ? iam not saying when iam just would like to know if i should stay excited or no. 
Thanks ahead for answer and keep the great job

• Like 1

On 19.10.2017 at 3:42 AM, Realthinged said:

Hi Guys!

Yes  UAZ and Ural engine sounds don t work for me either. Already posted on bug tracker.

Regards.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, laxemann said:

More flap flap

Thats perfect Sound of Mi24! Please don't Change this!

Make you also new Sounds for Mi8?

I don't know how to correct clearifying this typical Sound. So sorry for some german words.

Dieses hohe aber leise pfeifen, keine Ahnung woher es kommt, wenn die Mi8 über einen fliegt wie in dem Video. Thank you so much Laxemann fo your work!