The M84 machine gun has an incorrect sight adjustment. When firing at a target of 200 meters, with the same adjustment of the sight, not too far up to 150 meters.

1 minute ago, [ha]boris said:

The M84 machine gun has an incorrect sight adjustment. When firing at a target of 200 meters, with the same adjustment of the sight, not too far up to 150 meters.

No good posting here, you need to log it on the RHS feedback tracker (http://feedback.rhsmods.org/).

• Like 1

No point making a ticket at all. The M84 MG is just a stand-in model that is going to be replaced

There wont be any fixes made to the current model in the interim

@Reyhard Thanks for that information.  I look forward to trying that out as a PMC/Host Country pilot in some missions :D

As far as the TV guided missiles, I assume those are CCD fire and forget style?  They lock onto a target silhouette and track it as best it can?  Not necessarily a TGP guided weapon, correct?

3 hours ago, ski2060 said:

As far as the TV guided missiles, I assume those are CCD fire and forget style?  They lock onto a target silhouette and track it as best it can?  Not necessarily a TGP guided weapon, correct?

They CCD fire and forget style but in real life they would require help from some sort of targeting system like Shkval. As I mentioned before, Su-25 is quite hard to use and it's especially visible with AI, therefore for now I decided to keep those missiles available in loadout selection. Thing would definitely change once Su-25T or Su-25SM3 would be available since those two are quite nasty armor killers.

@Devastator_cm - there was a lot of reference material + for russian aircrafts a lot of work was already done when making MiG-29, since both aircrafts share instruments.

• Like 1

Wow, no love for the hotfix? 

Thanks RHS, uploading to my server now so I can check it out after work.  I'll be checking out that SU25 with it's improvements for sure.

• Like 1

Extra selection for rank patch and name tape customisation on ACU.....:happy:......next question how do we do customise?

31 minutes ago, AIF_Infantrymen said:

Extra selection for rank patch and name tape customisation on ACU.....:happy:......next question how do we do customise?

We even made a template for you

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/acu

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IMPORTANT: SAF was reuploaded to steam 30 minutes ago. Please let it update again and if you have already loaded it up to your servers please reupload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soul_assassin said:

IMPORTANT: SAF was reuploaded to steam 30 minutes ago. Please let it update again and if you have already loaded it up to your servers please reupload.

Why was it reuploaded?

Uploaded the wrong version of a couple of configs

So the new desert vest and Zrak binocs weren't showing

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick update/hot fix!

It there something special to look out for when adding the AimPoint T1 LT661 (Forward) to a weapon in a config file?

This is the code I’ve used:

class rhs_weap_ak103_zenitco01_grip1;
class FGN_AAF_AK103_T1Front_FGrip: rhs_weap_ak103_zenitco01_grip1
{
       scope = 1;
       class LinkedItems
       {
              class LinkedItemsOptic
              {
                     slot = "CowsSlot";
                     item = "rhsusf_acc_T1_low_fwd";
              };
              class LinkedItemsAcc
              {
                     slot = "PointerSlot";
                     item = "rhs_acc_2dpZenit_ris";
              };
              class LinkedItemsMuzzle
              {
                     slot = "MuzzleSlot";
                     item = "rhs_acc_dtk";
              };
              class LinkedItemsUnder
              {
                     slot = "GripodSlot";
                     item = "rhs_acc_grip_ffg2";
              };
       };
};

and at the start of the mission it always looks like this (on AI units):

0RNtyiE.png

It seems the script in use only works for the player unit not for the AI controlled ones.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 12:06 PM, reyhard said:

5. Fire missile & watch it as it's automatically heading to the reticle center

First of all. WOW. Never thought I would see this kind of fidelity in ArmA 3 :) DCS level stuff there!

Now to confess one of my findings. The CCIP of the SU-25 (pipper) does not follow the ocean surface. It actually traces the ocean floor. So when aiming bombs, rockets, guns or guiding the awesome KH-29L or ML, it simply tracks the bottom of the ocean instead :)

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3660

13 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

It seems the script in use only works for the player unit not for the AI controlled ones.

Yup. For AI units you'd have to use the special AK version that's generated by the script, as the linkedItem

rhsusf_acc_T1_low_fwd_ak

• Like 1

Just now, da12thMonkey said:

Yup. For AI units you'd have to use the special AK version that's generated by the script, as the linkedItem

rhsusf_acc_T1_low_fwd_ak

Thanks, very appreciated!

Loving the new update thanks, also thoroughly enjoying the horizon island group, I did have a question though , I see you have three m113's one has the m2, one has the mk19, and one is unarmed, maybe there is a possibility for a switch out to the medical variant ? 

Last question would it be unwise to pray to the eldars that there might be one day your beautiful m1's with helmet covers?

• Like 1

Heya everybody,

i thought you might be interested in getting a first listen at the helicopter audio revamp I'm currently working on! :)

It's heavily WIP as I'm still experimenting on how to get the most dynamic soundscape out of the least amount of sounds/voices used, but you get the idea.

Cheers

LAxe

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Hi Guys!

After today's SAF update on Steam all of my UAZs and Urals are now without engine sounds, only start engine sounds are working. Can anybody confirm the same?

I am having a nightmare of a time downloading the mods via steamcmd (remote dedicated server).  Specifically the @RHSAFRF portion of the update.  Is there an issue with it?

Is there something about the way that steamcmd delivers files?  All the RHS @folders are goobered up.  Or... did you guys make some changes that have broken Project Opfor?

Probably OT but its related to the downloading of RHS mods...

This is what I am using and the ONLY mod that will download correctly and completely is GREF

steamcmd.exe +login <my user> <my pass> +force_install_dir c:\arma_dl +workshop_download_item 107410 843577117 validate <<< fails... usually a timeout
steamcmd.exe +login <my user> <my pass> +force_install_dir c:\arma_dl +workshop_download_item 107410 843425103 validate <<< fails... usually a timeout
steamcmd.exe +login <my user> <my pass> +force_install_dir c:\arma_dl +workshop_download_item 107410 843593391 validate <<< works

Are the steam uploads bugged at the moment?

Update... apparently, yes.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

Issue 3667

Sigh!

Question about existing missions using RHS, especially the existing cti missions.

Do the missions themselves have to be updated to reflect the changes each time? I know the new weapons would have to be added but are the other changes automatically added? 

I found out yesterday one of the AH6 classes disappeared, in the editor of my mission I found 2 pilots floating mid-air without a helicopter, although the obsolete AH6 was still in the mission.sqm. I updated it to the new valid class. So yes it is possible that existing missions are broken. I should add that this was an unusual change from RHS because they were implementing the new weapons load system.

1 hour ago, AZCoder said:

I found out yesterday one of the AH6 classes disappeared, in the editor of my mission I found 2 pilots floating mid-air without a helicopter, although the obsolete AH6 was still in the mission.sqm. I updated it to the new valid class. So yes it is possible that existing missions are broken. I should add that this was an unusual change from RHS because they were implementing the new weapons load system.

Yeah it looks like the cti missions for RHS are old and out of date. I'm trying to contact one dev on GitHub but he has not been there in 6 months.

Hey guys i would like to ask you if you will somehow improve mi-8mtsh/mi-171sh. I mean the ramp. It would be cool if the ramp would be openable (dont know if its even possible). It could carry at least ATV/quadbike... i can provide you some pics if you want.

Best regards Luke z Brna