18 hours ago, callofmarty said:

Hello,

im wondering why i cant use ctrl+right mouse button to toogle the new sights on the  cobra, aimpoint +1x zoom, holo +1x zoom sights?

it can be only switched via "/" this key.

Can you do somethink about it? or is it CBA issue?

Just assign ur keyring for optic change to ctrl + right mouse problem solves

16 hours ago, il_padrino said:

Hope you guys are having fun with the latest RHS update, I'm certainly having fun making screens with it as ever before.  :)

(PS. The amazing backpack you can see on the screen was made by our amazing artist Cunico).

Where are those camouflaged faces from?

4 hours ago, sargken said:

Just assign ur keyring for optic change to ctrl + right mouse problem solves

lol

Im not a new player...

the ctlr + right mouse button works for every optic but these new, added after update.

13 hours ago, callofmarty said:

dunno whats EH

Event Handler

The sight switching stuff for the magnifiers is scripted to detect the event of key presses (because we need a script to swap the model out for a new one). Normal optics mode switching is all engine-based.

Unfortunately scripts that detect your keybinds for other actions, aren't very good at registering mouse clicks.

I think the guys have suggested that using ctrl+rmb only for the keybind (i.e. getting rid of the NUM-/ bind), can work. But I'm not sure.

It's one of those limitations we don't have time to work around yet so you might just have to live with it

Since the last update, one of my own missions takes a popup error on start, or when I load it in the editor:

no entry CfgMagazines.rhsafrf_mine_msk40p_mag

I did not see that entry in CfgMagazines, which would explain the error, but could someone tell me what vehicle or soldier might possibly be associated with it so I can find the parent object and fix it in my mission? And no the class name is not explicitly in the mission.sqm or anywhere in my scripts.

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

could someone tell me what vehicle or soldier might possibly be associated with it

Unfortunately it's rhs_spec_weapons_crate

Has been fixed internally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

I don't know it is intentional but green opscor helmet had not matching nvs cover

2hmejo4.jpg

That's been that way since the current ops-cores were put in. And it's the same for every single one

• Like 1

With the new FMTV vehicles out, would there be a specialized variant of that carries the HIMARs Missiles? From what I understand the Cab and Chassis are somewhat built differently to specialize in that role so if so would that effect modelling?

On 12.10.2017 at 11:12 PM, fingolfin said:

On a different note: Is there a way for the Kh-25ML/ Kh-29ML to lock on targets lased by the AI via laser designator? I’ve tried it today flying a SU-25 and it didn’t work. Is it at all possible in real life?

We weren't sure about this feature so for now only self lasing is possible. If you have some source stating ability to lock on 3rd party laser targets then please don't be afraid to post it here ;)

obraz.png

Here is some update on Su-25 cockpit update - added warning lights & repainted rest of the gauges + calibrated them. I guess with all that functionality it will be nice to have some video tutorial ;)

• Like 14

AFAIK the KH-MLs can only work on self-lased targets. At least that's how it works in DCS

So how does one go about lasing with an SU25? I couldn't get into a TGP or camera view.  I may just be ignorant of the procedures for it though.

Sorry if asking this is against any rules or anything, but will you be updating the mini tanks (Abrams and T-55) now that it's gonna be possible for tanks to be fully controlled by a single person? Wouldn't mind a working turret frankly.

4 hours ago, GordonWeedman said:

Sorry if asking this is against any rules or anything, but will you be updating the mini tanks (Abrams and T-55) now that it's gonna be possible for tanks to be fully controlled by a single person? Wouldn't mind a working turret frankly.

Yes, I am planning on doing this :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, reyhard said:

Here is some update on Su-25 cockpit update - added warning lights & repainted rest of the gauges + calibrated them. I guess with all that functionality it will be nice to have some video tutorial ;)

Nice. I hope that the next RHS update won't take as long as the last one. :) This new cockpit is lovely, can't wait to make use of it. 

BTW, I hate to be that guy, but why isn't Armata in the latest release? I'm pretty sure that at some point in this thread, there was a picture of it working in-game. Is it still being finished, or are you waiting for new tanks functionality to go into stable?

6 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Nice. I hope that the next RHS update won't take as long as the last one. 

as always, it will take as long as it is needed

BTW, I hate to be that guy, but why isn't Armata in the latest release? I'm pretty sure that at some point in this thread, there was a picture of it working in-game. 

i also hate you have to be that guy. to get an answer to your question, please consult our FAQ page here: http://www.rhsmods.org/faq#2

i know you wouldn't know, but a picture with a model ingame doesn't mean it also WORKs ingame

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PuFu said:

i know you wouldn't know, but a picture with a model ingame doesn't mean it also WORKs ingame

I know, but with more than a month between picture being posted and the actual release, I kind of hoped you got it to work in the meantime... Considering how long you've been teasing that tank, some news would certainly be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I know, but with more than a month between picture being posted and the actual release, I kind of hoped you got it to work in the meantime... Considering how long you've been teasing that tank, some news would certainly be appreciated.

A project of this scale takes many long months. Given also the fact that the authors commonly jump from project to project to help with releases, it takes more and more. Please be patient, don't assume how little work it is and please don't ask. It has been stated a gazillion times that everything will be ready when its ready (i.e. when we feel its ready).

• Like 6

Hi RHS

I was doing a bit of Mission making and I could not find the command variant of this truck that was originally in the older version of RHS. Am I missing something?

original.jpg

FMTVs were replaced by a new nicer version and I suppose this command variant was not remade like the others.

Switching ammo is buggy when doing manual reloads on Russian tanks. Sometimes it doesn't load the ammo you had requested. When this happens, it simply loads the ammo you had fired previously. The bug happens with the scroll wheel actions for switching ammo and it also happens with the RHS Next Round hotkey for switching the dial in the top right of the screen. The bug only happens when manual reload is enabled. So, it does not happen when you turn on auto reloading. The bug happens with all Russian tanks (I haven't tested other factions).

Steps to reproduce:

- Get inside a T72 and use manual reload.

- AP ammo should be loaded by default. Switch to HEAT ammo, then fire and reload manually.

- After reloading is complete, HEAT ammo should be loaded. Switch to AP ammo, then fire and reload manually.

- Repeat the above steps, keep switching between AP and HEAT after every shot. Eventually you'll run into an issue where it hasn't loaded the ammo you requested.

10 hours ago, ski2060 said:

So how does one go about lasing with an SU25? I couldn't get into a TGP or camera view.  I may just be ignorant of the procedures for it though.

In currently released version there is no way to do so. In next hotfix there will be following procedure for using Klen PS onboard laser designator & laser designated missiles (Kh29L, Kh29ML, Kh25, Kh25ML):

1. Activate laser with R key [ "Next target (in vehicle") key, binding  can be checked by typing in console watch field following code -  actionKeysNames "vehLockTargets"]

2. Green light should be engaged, laser designator is engaged. Now you can adjust reticle position with user15-18 keys

3. After acquiring target press Ctrl+T (  "Stabilize Turret" action, actionKeysNames "vehLockTurretView" ) to switch on stabilization.

4. If you are within launch range (in current released version it is 2000m-8000m, I've reduce minimum range to ~800m to accommodate it to Arma scale), orange light on the right should lit up. If you are to close to the target (below 800m) red light will turn on which indicates that you should disengage and do another round.

5. Fire missile & watch it as it's automatically heading to the reticle center

6. After you are done don't forget to switch off laser with R key again. Cooldown time is dependent on duration of laser operation. Lasing below 15s = 15s cooldown, lasing below 30s = 30s cooldown, lasing below 60s = 60s cooldown. Laser can be used for max 60 seconds.

1pRtbcB.jpg

Here is a video illustrating how it's working

Note that Kh-25 & 29 missiles are not designed as a anti tank weapon but rather as a fortification/ship/structures destroyer. Since it's quite huge change and creating Su-25T or SM3 will take some time I left TV guided missiles available in pylon tab - this might change though!

• Like 11

is there any info about how to achieve such nice cockpits for other mod makers? This one looks lovely!

I did not relasie the amount of stuff that goes on with the jets in RHS. Amazing work, i may need to get my joystick out and try it all at some point.

• Like 1