3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

We've found before, that DynaSound broke minigun sounds.

As for the gunsight, it's possible to line it up by moving the pilot's head down using Controls>>>Keyboard>>>View>>>Move Head Down.

It's something I was aware of, and came about because in using common dynamic loadouts magazines for as many aircraft as possible, we can't angle the muzzle of MGs and rockets off-boresight like they were done before on the MELB, so now the old position of the mark doesn't match. We'd have to move it upwards a bit (but it's not that easy to do in Object Builder because of the shape of the window and way it's UV mapped).

However users with head-tracking devices (TrackIR etc.) have been complaining for some time that it was hard to align themselves with the aim marker when they have room to move the head upwards and downwards relative to the marker. So I wanted to see whether by some happy accident, the fact that the guns now line up with the fixed limit of downward head movement, would help them find a good frame of reference for aiming.

It seems I do have DynaSound installed. I'll try without it. I also noticed that it makes the A-10 gun sound odd while in low mode (it makes it sound very different from the high mode).

I do hope something can be worked out for the sight. It may indeed be difficult for head tracker users (IRL, each AH-6 pilot would presumably make their own mark), but as far as I know, the majority of players use a fixed view. That said, I do hope to eventually get some kind of headtracker myself.

Might be a dumb question because of additional mods but:

I've been playing Exile that has RHS mixed in (so troubleshooting may not be as easy, or incompatible), and the RHS helicopters are not spawning nor reloading with anything on their pylons. Ex. KA52, no matter what loadout it's supposed to have (gun pods or missiles), has empty pylons before and after reload.

Anyone have a suggestion as to the issue, or maybe exile and RHS just aren't compatible. Thanks for an light you can shed to help me start my investigation.

Your mod is absolutely fantastic! I love what you have done with armor warfare. Tanks, armor penetration, HEAT simulation. Everything is amazing.

I found one bug with the RBK-250 Ptab variant. The submunitions spawn with wrong orientation. It has been reported here http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3578

I have a question about the cluster munitions. Are they using UXO's? I have yet to find one with your bombs.

Is it normal that LWH glows like a lantern in TI? I just noticed that, don't think it was the case before.

1 hour ago, Strike_NOR said:

Are they using UXO's?

Not currently. Needs additional configuration of "mine" variants of each submuntion type first. Maybe some extra model files based on the current "flying" submunition models, but arranged differently to suit appearance as UXO

It's not difficult, but it's tedious. And didn't seem critical when we were pushing for time on other things.

Also, I think we need to look at how if alters the effectiveness of the cluster munitions: In most cases they're already using half the number of submunitions their real-life counterparts have. Because using realistic amounts was really tanking frame-rates. Stopping a percentage of them from exploding on impact as well, might be gimping them too much.

Mig-29 has made my day!

And so detailed too.

Are any custom key-binds used with Мig? Like toggle Шлем?

Any info how to intergrate your aircraft weapons on another aircraft please? I'm fiddling with a few bits in the tools.

The Mig-29 is stunning as always and the new loadouts really improves the other great aircraft in the mod.

Great job as always guys!

8 minutes ago, wolfbite said:

Any info how to intergrate your aircraft weapons on another aircraft please?

Would mostly just need to include the appropriate hardpoints[] entry from the RHS magazines you want, in to the plane's pylon hardpoints[] list, and ensure the pylon has a large enough maxweight value. Hardpoint names can be found in the config browser

It's standard configuration stuff for dynamic loadouts. But is implicit on the vehicle model being set up for them (proxies with correct simulation type). So it's not something you'd be able to add to an addon that doesn't support dynamic loadouts.

Alternatively add things with the setPylonLoadOut script command in a mission. Rather than having it as an addon. Setting "true" as the third array value (forced) will bypass hardpoints and maxweight limitations of the vehicle's pylon.

Bear in mind there are some special magazines for the MiG-29 and Ka-52 to add particular launch rails/bomb release units, and these might not look right on other aircraft. Same with the GAU-19s on the AH-6 MELB

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Not currently.

Thanks for answering. I totally understand that decision. It really starts getting interesting when you have something like 50 HEAT bomblets that, if hitting armor, will generate X amount of spall-fragments bouncing all over the insides of vehicles.

As for the amount of bomblets being spawned, I would assume mine-variants would use less CPU power, due to the fact that they only follow a trajectory and "freeze" when they hit something solid. Each cluster bomb would only need to spawn a random number between 0 to 5 UXO's maybe? I'm sure you have already put thought into that so who am I to suggest anything.

Either way, my sincere admiration for what you have accomplished. My only wish is for BI to look to your mod for inspiration when making tanks DLC. The armor mechanics you introduce with damage effects and all are just way impressive. Brings the game up to war-thunder level for damage calculation IMHO. A much better interpretation of real life than vanilla.

Love the new weapons, love the rocket dispersion, love the Mig-29. What isn't there to be happy about with RHS? :)

Actually, they are looking to RHS for inspiration and in fact, Reyhard is a BI dev as well as RHS. :) New rangefinders and tank FCS are a part of this.

Speaking of which... anyone else has trouble ranging with the Lerca at night? Didn't test at day, but when I wanted to use it, it refused to show any readouts.

When accessing the rhs_weapon_crate specifically (in-game), I always get a popup error. Is this a known issue? I've spent an hour testing it and problem seems to be just that one ammo box, the large Russian weapons crate (rhs_weapon_crate).

Error:

20:11:44 Warning Message: Picture \weapons_f\data\clear_empty.paa not found
20:11:52 No speaker given for 
20:11:53 Warning Message: Picture \weapons_f\data\clear_empty.paa not found

Is the bug report system down, when I go to report an issue I receive a error saying my session was invalidated.

11 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

Those were the most pesky models I ever did. Never wanted to rotate correctly .....

Redphoenix do you make all the aircraft weapons? do you think a illuminating aircraft bombs and rockets are a good idea, maybe even ZAB and BETAB ? 

16 minutes ago, veles-zv said:

Redphoenix do you make all the aircraft weapons? do you think a illuminating aircraft bombs and rockets are a good idea, maybe even ZAB and BETAB ? 

I only made the subammos, not the container or rocket pods.

5 hours ago, aa3 said:

How does the a10c pod display?

There is no A10C atm in RHS. As for A10A follow this instruction
RwZszDz.png

10 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Thanks for answering. I totally understand that decision. It really starts getting interesting when you have something like 50 HEAT bomblets that, if hitting armor, will generate X amount of spall-fragments bouncing all over the insides of vehicles

From our tests it seems chances to hit something with those unguided heat munition is actually very low, unless you release 2 or more bombs at once

7 hours ago, dragon01 said:

anyone else has trouble ranging with the Lerca at night

It has max range ~1100m if I remember correctly

3 hours ago, AZCoder said:

When accessing the rhs_weapon_crate specifically (in-game), I always get a popup error. Is this a known issue? I've spent an hour testing it and problem seems to be just that one ammo box, the large Russian weapons crate (rhs_weapon_crate).

could you create ticket here? http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

hi, do you plan to add vector21 Nite (up to 12 km range telemeter) and a Soflam GLTD (up to 20km designation range) in Escalation ?

Vector 21 Nite manual user :
https://www.manualslib.com/products/Vectronix-Usmc-Vector-21-3696610.html

AN/PEQ-1C Soflam specs :
http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/SOFLAM/Documents/soflam.pdf

This handheld designator in conjonction with Hellfire fired in LOAL-HI would be badass.

49 minutes ago, reyhard said:

From our tests it seems chances to hit something with those unguided heat munition is actually very low, unless you release 2 or more bombs at once

My tests concluded the same. And even so, the effect of these small HEAT munitions are quite limited. You have to really hit the sweet-spot in order to knock out a vehicle.

Actually, a rough estimation from about 10 cluster bomb strikes on a convoy with evenly spaced vehicles, I think I had a <5% hitrate, with an even lower destruction rate.

I assume adding more bomblets would dramatically increase the chance of hitting something, thus increasing the cluster bomb effectiveness.

Last question: How do the HEAT weapons work in RHS in terms of spawning armor penetrating projectiles. Do they distinguish hitting ground from hitting a brick wall or a vehicle? To me it seems that the HEAT effect only kicks in if it hits a vehicle.

Hitting a sheet metal wall on a building, for instance, does not seem to trigger the HEAT effect. By HEAT effect I mean the spawning of multiple armor-piercing projectiles to simulate the molten copper jet.

5 hours ago, cychou said:

hi, do you plan to add vector21 Nite (up to 12 km range telemeter) and a Soflam GLTD (up to 20km designation range) in Escalation ?

check virtual arsenal + http://www.rhsmods.org/faq#1

4 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Last question: How do the HEAT weapons work in RHS in terms of spawning armor penetrating projectiles. Do they distinguish hitting ground from hitting a brick wall or a vehicle? To me it seems that the HEAT effect only kicks in if it hits a vehicle.

Hitting a sheet metal wall on a building, for instance, does not seem to trigger the HEAT effect. By HEAT effect I mean the spawning of multiple armor-piercing projectiles to simulate the molten copper jet.

Scripts responsible for spawning HEAT submunition are connected to vehicle "Hit" event handler for performance reasons + some engine limitations.

4 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

I assume adding more bomblets would dramatically increase the chance of hitting something, thus increasing the cluster bomb effectiveness.

Well, I did experiment with realistic number of submunition but impact was quite visible

Increasing number of bomblets slightly is still on the table though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reyhard said:

There is no A10C atm in RHS. As for A10A follow this instruction
RwZszDz.png

It has max range ~1100m if I remember correctly

could you create ticket here? http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

If i press N nothing happens after zooming intho this screen, this screen stays blury green. And yes N is the key for my nvg.

Just now, clawhammer said:

If i press N nothing happens after zooming intho this screen, this screen stays blury green. And yes N is the key for my nvg.

Do you have Mavericks equipped? That little screen is called TVM - TV Maverick - and is showing view from missile seeker itself

Just now, reyhard said:

Do you have Mavericks equipped? That little screen is called TVM - TV Maverick - and is showing view from missile seeker itself

Oh my bad, i belived this is for the guided bombs. I just had GBU12 equiped. If this is not the laser marker pod how do i open this on the rhs a10? I want to drop some bombs! :D

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, clawhammer said:

Oh my bad, i belived this is for the guided bombs. I just had GBU12 equiped. If this is not the laser marker pod how do i open this on the rhs a10? I want to drop some bombs! :D

Thanks!

There is nothing like that on A10A, you need to use CCIP on HUD or have someone on ground with laser marker