9 minutes ago, copper252 said:

Will an OCP ACU be added also? There should also be many other patch variations, like 25th ID, 2nd ID, 1st ID, Special Forces and other units.

It has been stated, I believe, that OEF-CP is planned for now. An OCP variant would require a major rework of the ACU to the new variant currently used with the OCP camouflage (ie; shoulder pockets replaced with new zipper pockets, pen holders reduced from three to two slots, and things of that nature)

The fact that I didn't see an OEF-CP variant posted by clima would lead me to believe we ought to temper our expectations regarding an immediate release, also, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Reading the questions for update, I wonder if this is some sort of Turing Test?

Sorry, couldn't resist :don9:

turing_test.png

4 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Well, obviously I don't mean "get it done before the next release" here. :) That said, I'd be very glad if that future wasn't too distant. 

You can always make the future less distant, by joining the Battle of Modding alongside your fellow comrades ;) 

• Like 2

The thing is, I can't. They know that I'll help if they need my skills, but I have no time to actually learn configs and especially scripting. I'd have looked into it long ago, if it was that simple. What we have here is a bug with a presumably complex custom guidance script. It's either fixing that, or overhauling the turret on Ka-52 and changing the missiles to use BIS system. The former is definitely not something to attempt for a first time scripting experience (if it's even possible, which I'm starting to doubt) and the latter is a large-scale change (all Russian SACLOS missiles would be affected), which is probably simpler to do and and somewhat less impossible, but not something done lightly, either.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:37 AM, dragon01 said:

At least they won't be worse than now, or before the Jets DLC, for that matter. What's exactly preventing you from using the BIS solution for them (which works perfectly, I might add, for both players and AI)? Indeed, when BIS fixed manual guidance on Scalpel, RHS was the only mod which it didn't automatically make work.

TBH, that's one issue I really wanted to see fixed. Even when the other stuff worked fine, that single bug prevented any SP-oriented Russian helo missions, just because all of their ATGMs are SACLOS.

It prevented all sp heli missions. Have you tried the american helos? Same problem....atleast on my end.

If this discussion continues on the regular update or megaupdate line. I would like to see more regular updates than present, even if its once every three months. Just something as a fail-safe against bi doing their mod breaking patches. You guys are so jam packed with content, I don't even look forward to it with breathless anticipation anymore (what's a new scope or a new variant of gorka to fixing the atgm issue?). I speak as a fan and a mission maker who works exclusivley with rhs. That being said, there are only two new things I want to see. That is the AAVP and an IL 76 so VDV can VDV and Marines can Marine. I hate using CUP because they are so big and their vehicles look like crap compared to your work.

As for complainers. Well its damned if you do damned if  you dont. You'll get guys like me coming into your thread complaining about bug fixes  not being timley or people complaining about your WIP builds. You get shot either way.

18 minutes ago, texkaz said:

It prevented all sp heli missions. Have you tried the american helos? Same problem....atleast on my end.

With the US helos, I can understand it, because they generally had laser-guided Hellfires, and AI tends not to be very good with the laser designator. Now, we're presumably getting some more options to arm US helicopters, such as IR or radar guided Hellfire variants. No such luck for the Russians, though, all of their helo-mounted missiles are SACLOS, without exception.

Also, US helos used to work before Jets DLC. Russian ATGMs, on the other hand, were broken for a long, long time.

20 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

With the US helos, I can understand it, because they generally had laser-guided Hellfires, and AI tends not to be very good with the laser designator. Now, we're presumably getting some more options to arm US helicopters, such as IR or radar guided Hellfire variants. No such luck for the Russians, though, all of their helo-mounted missiles are SACLOS, without exception.

Also, US helos used to work before Jets DLC. Russian ATGMs, on the other hand, were broken for a long, long time.

Sounds like a gameplay vs realism issue. Can only work with the engine they give you. Is the Vanilla Kajman SALCO or no?

13 hours ago, reyhard said:

Good catch - I actually wanted to convert altimeter to feets from meters but somehow I forgot to update rest of the instruments

Awesome, great to hear.  Besides, who uses meters?  That's why we defeated the British at Pearl Harbor...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, texkaz said:

Sounds like a gameplay vs realism issue. Can only work with the engine they give you. Is the Vanilla Kajman SALCO or no?

Vanilla Kajman has no set type of guidance. You may be thinking about Scalpel, which is. However, Scalpel also has laser and IR guidance integrated into one missile. Also, on Scalpel, all three modes work without problems. If you look a page back, the problem is not with SACLOS implementation in the engine, but rather that RHS, instead of using it, has its own, broken implementation.

Problems with laser-only missiles in SP missions are either circumvented by scripting (you can script a target being designated) or, as of recently, giving the player IR-guided missiles instead.

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Vanilla Kajman has no set type of guidance. You may be thinking about Scalpel, which is. However, Scalpel also has laser and IR guidance integrated into one missile. Also, on Scalpel, all three modes work without problems. If you look a page back, the problem is not with SACLOS implementation in the engine, but rather that RHS, instead of using it, has its own, broken implementation.

Problems with laser-only missiles in SP missions are either circumvented by scripting (you can script a target being designated) or, as of recently, giving the player IR-guided missiles instead.

How did you tested saclos with ai on kajman?

8 hours ago, reyhard said:

How did you tested saclos with ai on kajman?

I had the AI gunner (we're not talking getting AI to actually launch the missiles, only to guide them) target a cold, empty vehicle. The IR seeker would not lock, but the missile guided anyway. I was very happy when I saw this working.

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

I had the AI gunner (we're not talking getting AI to actually launch the missiles, only to guide them) target a cold, empty vehicle. The IR seeker would not lock, but the missile guided anyway. I was very happy when I saw this working.

Afair it wasn't working for missiles with just saclos so dunno if it's not engine issue. Didn't have time to test it further though

Lots of toys for us to play with this coming update. It'll be amazing, no doubt. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, so I'll ask it here first before opening a ticket. The new Caiman MRAP looks very nice, but like the RG33L the windows are completely transparent, to the point of not actually being visible at all. Will you add some reflection effects in the future or is everything the way it's supposed to be right now. I dont have any screenshots myself, but one of your own promo shots demonstrates the (lack of) effects quite well (MRAP vs HMMWV). 

On 9/27/2017 at 2:15 PM, dragon01 said:

I do, however, provide constructive feedback about any bugs I can find. :

feedback.rhsmods.org

On 9/27/2017 at 4:39 PM, inlesco said:

regarding FB messages, isn't there a way to filter out some of the communications by certain criteria?

there isn't

On 9/27/2017 at 10:20 PM, dragon01 said:

The easiest way to do that would be to stop using Facebook, I think. :) Honestly, has anything good ever come from having a page in there? I personally don't even use it for anything, outside of messaging (between close friends) and a few closed groups.

no one asked for your opinion on this matter. this isn't called "constructive criticism"

On 9/28/2017 at 6:59 PM, dragon01 said:

They know that I'll help if they need my skills

besides posting in this thread, what would these skills be if you don't mind me asking...?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, PuFu said:

besides posting in this thread, what would these skill be if you don't mind me asking...?

I've done extensive testing on mods for other games before (and also ArmA3 updates and DLCs), have also dabbled in mission creation, although that never got off the ground properly (been meaning to write some SP missions, possibly a campaign for RHS but... you know). Other than that, some experience with flight sims (I've been helping BI refine fixed wing FM somewhat for the DLC), but IIRC you already have a flightsimmer on the team.

As for feedback tracker, I've had some issues with it before. Maybe it's time to give it another go.

7 hours ago, reyhard said:

Afair it wasn't working for missiles with just saclos so dunno if it's not engine issue. Didn't have time to test it further though

I tested SACLOS-only missiles in CUP just after the related changes came out, and they worked. Maybe they stopped working at some point afterwards, but last time I checked, they guided fine, so it would be a recent change. However, I can tell you that RHS missiles were not fixed when CUP and vanilla ones were (RHS was actually the first mod I tested, only loaded CUP for comparison).

It should be noted that this was tested with missiles assigned to the gunner. I have no idea how pilot launched, but gunner guided missiles behave. In fact, my testing predates the switching feature. I can take another look if you want.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's a small problem with the Steam update though:

SAF has annexed GREF

Please be patient while we try to correct the upload. But if you haven't subscribed to SAF before, maybe give it a go and enjoy ;)

Ed:- All should be well now

• Like 2

theres not much in this update for the US or RU, just a few new vics. how comes this took so long

2 minutes ago, ayylmao said:

theres not much in this update for the US or RU, just a few new vics. how comes this took so long

Updates, like quashing bugs and adding new scratch assets take time.

Soo how about we abandon this particular train of logic before it leaves the station, and just be thankful?

Edited by REFORGER88
Edited for constructiveness
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ayylmao said:

theres not much in this update for the US or RU

Then why is the "+ Added" log 50% longer than it was for the 0.4.2 release?

• Like 5

Well done guys. Congrats on the release! Keep up the good work.

4 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Then why is the "+ Added" log 50% longer than it was for the 0.4.2 release?

i dont know, but i dont see much content for the infantry, the US is missing SPCS variants, not much of a choice for backpacks still. it just seems a bit barren to me