Would you guys drop this it was a dam request of infomation. Which is against the rules and everyone that follows the rhs forums knows this. Cause when u get the 1 dam wip picture or new item on their Facebook once a month. You know the mod isn't dead.

6 hours ago, fanatic72 said:

I understand if you get mad at people [...]

lol...nope, i don't get mad over something like that. it is futile...if you wanna keep asking questions and post requests despite the fact you know very well you won't get an answer please go right ahead, it will change nothing.

Based on some experience running a few non-profit organizations:

When someone asks something, my recommendation would be (not telling how things should be.. :) ):

1. Generic/standard question = Link to a faq page or similar (e.g rfs fb page etc.)

2. If the question is resonable and answerable with little effort or you have the time... answer. Any tiny tidbit of info is much appriciated by fans. If youre short on time questions can go unanswered.

3. Have someone from the community work as an inbetween "pr" guy?

As someone pointed out, there will always be new people asking questions (especially in a 400 page forum thread). Having a process to deal with them is less stress for everyone. :). 

• Like 4

I agree wholeheartedly. For a team of that size, a "PR guy" mostly responsible for replying on the forum could be useful.

4 hours ago, sargken said:

Would you guys drop this it was a dam request of infomation. Which is against the rules and everyone that follows the rhs forums knows this. 

A quote from the forum rules, please. "Requests for information" were not forbidden last time I checked. This wasn't asking for progress, BTW. 

2 hours ago, jone_kone said:

1. Generic/standard question = Link to a faq page or similar (e.g rfs fb page etc.)

2. If the question is resonable and answerable with little effort or you have the time... answer. Any tiny tidbit of info is much appriciated by fans. If youre short on time questions can go unanswered.

3. Have someone from the community work as an inbetween "pr" guy?

As someone pointed out, there will always be new people asking questions (especially in a 400 page forum thread). Having a process to deal with them is less stress for everyone. :). 

1. http://www.rhsmods.org/faq - no one reads it anyways.

2. we always do that - what you sort of fail to understand is that we get these sort of questions at least couple of times a day, via FB, Twitter, VK, SW, BIF PMs, discord etc. 90% of these questions are in relation to p1 and p2 of the above FAQ

3. we thought about it, i for one am sort of against middle mans...if anything, the PR team will be made from people from the team who actually understand what modding is and what is required.

EDIT: 

most people who volunteer to do "testing" or "pr" (and we had a few that did) will do neither, they just want to have a access in the backstage

• Like 4

I don't know about others but I drop in here to read from the devs what they are working on and occasionally if I have a problem getting something to work.  I don't use twitter and I only use Facebook to catch up with friends posting pictures of kittens so this forum is useful from that perspective.

No point asking what's being worked on, they occasionally release info when they have some which is fine and good enough.

Personally, if I was running a mod I wouldn't get a pr person as I'm perfectly capable of reading and replying plus I would find it an unnecessary waste of their time and mine.

Anyway, thanks for ongoing work rhs team  :)

• Like 3

I can't recall any forum rule about banning requests, though it is highly encouraged to use the "official" request thread. That said, it is the RHS team's mod and they have the right to control what info the release and what kind of conduct they'll tolerate on their mod's related media posts, no third party can tell them how to manage it all, unless of course it is breaking site or global rules (which is very improbable). By saying less, they don't have to worry about being questioned and berated further and being stuck in to commitments. When it comes to modding, while you may be working on something, you might find thats not going to work out for any number of reasons: poor quality, some kind of bug or error, loss of motivation, whatever. But now you've told the community you were going to make it, and when it doesn't come they are going to be more of nuisance asking even more questions or being disrespectful. That is annoying and can destroy your motivation. You can try to release information ambiguously and have less overhead. But with a mod the scale of RHS and a mod with the kind of work flow RHS has(based on some things they've said here and on their site), its a lot harder to pull that off. And on them being "rude", I have noticed they only really do it when the people asking the questions become disrespectful or ignorant themselves. I don't really see anything wrong with what they're doing.

First of all, cheers for all Red hammer studios! Love your mod! :eyeheart:

Can someone answer me: What's the difference between the CDF Ground Forces and National Guard? National Guard has worst equipment or what?

19 minutes ago, LordLoko said:

First of all, cheers for all Red hammer studios! Love your mod! :eyeheart:

Can someone answer me: What's the difference between the CDF Ground Forces and National Guard? National Guard has worst equipment or what?

Pretty much, yeah.

• Like 3

Been playing around with Russian armor and have noticed that Russian Tanks dont seem to engage other vehicles very well..?  Even the advanced T-90 seems to get picked apart by Bradleys.  Am I just that bad of a tank commander or is there some sort of imbalance?

Also, I've noticed that Bradleys engage me outside of my view distance.  Is there any way to limit engagements to my view distance or do I just need to increase view distance?  If so, what would be the recommended distance?

Sorry if this is the  wrong place for this--Im new the forums and thought this would be the best spot.

If you're playing with VD so short that you get engaged from outside it, then you likely engage them in what is essentially point blank range for this kind of vehicle. ATGMs on the Bradley can kill a T-90, and in such close quarters not only they generally don't miss, but also will have long spotted and sighted you by the time you're in visual range.

56 minutes ago, Blitzen88 said:

Been playing around with Russian armor and have noticed that Russian Tanks dont seem to engage other vehicles very well..?  Even the advanced T-90 seems to get picked apart by Bradleys.  Am I just that bad of a tank commander or is there some sort of imbalance?

Also, I've noticed that Bradleys engage me outside of my view distance.  Is there any way to limit engagements to my view distance or do I just need to increase view distance?  If so, what would be the recommended distance?

Sorry if this is the  wrong place for this--Im new the forums and thought this would be the best spot.

Our vehicles do indeed have realistic minimum and maximum engagement ranges and i think that your visible range cannot make a difference there. The minimum engagement range for tanks btw can also make it more vulnerable to weaker vehicles that are too close. Unfortunately also the AI is a bit dumb to be too effective with our FCS (it can still use it, but you know..)

• Like 1

oh ... do MBT have a minimum engagement range? Some ammunition needs time to arm, but other than that I can't think of a reason for an MBT not to engage close targets.

MBTs in general do not (unless you count not being able to depress your barrel to hit infantry lying prone a few meters from you), but some ammunition may have a performance envelope that favors longer ranges. APFSDS, especially, can overpenetrate when used up close. Outright minimum range is only the case with ATGMs (which Russian tanks also come equipped with), as far as I've seen HEAT and HE rounds will detonate even at very close ranges.

Yes, this is realistic. IRL, an APFSDS round would punch two neat holes in the vehicle and come out on the other side with little loss of speed or accuracy. Any occupants or vital components in the way would, of course, be screwed, but you'd have to score a direct hit. Non-tank vehicles are generally better engaged with HEAT, or in case of softskins like GAZ, plain HE (if you have it). In ArmA, HEAT will kill everyone inside due to how explosions work in the game, but IRL, it would not be 100% reliable and in case of attacking a truck, a hit on the cab could leave some survivors in the back.

Also, make sure the AI isn't hitting the tarp. :) I don't know how it's configured in RHS (in ArmA, explosive rounds detonate on hitting anything, there's no penetration), but IRL, it wouldn't be enough to detonate any kind of big round.

• Like 1

On 18.8.2017 at 7:43 PM, Blitzen88 said:

If you sit in the tank yourself, AI gunners will not fire the main cannon (at least in vanilla), you have to order it via crtl+mousebutton... which is an unfortunate design decision that this is not tweakable via AI commands.

4 hours ago, ss9 said:

I think it's been like that since OFP.  Player is the commander no matter which seat they are in.  You tell the ai what to target and when to fire, just like the commander irl.

except commanders irl do not have to deal with total morons or abysmally clunky UI to "controll" the moron and can rely on telling the gunner to engage at will and he will simply do it. Guess why 99% of the players will chose gunner position themself if they have only ai - the other way round is just utterly ineffective and frustrating.

https://vk.com/yuemod

Hello RHS devs, I found this page on the RHS fan vk page. And I see the screens and like to ask you.

Is this part of AFRF on a release in the future or ist this a other mod?

Because some pics from this vk page looks like your wip pictures from your facebook page.

And this would be discripe why so many months since last update ago. I mean soooo many new Uniforms and vests, Helmets and weapons (I mean I see a Vityaz and (yeah) RPK)

So I can't find words to discripe how do I'm happy about this and to thank you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AHTNTEPPOP said:

https://vk.com/yuemod

Hello RHS devs, I found this page on the RHS fan vk page. And I see the screens and like to ask you.

Is this part of AFRF on a release in the future or ist this a other mod?

Because some pics from this vk page looks like your wip pictures from your facebook page.

And this would be discripe why so many months since last update ago. I mean soooo many new Uniforms and vests, Helmets and weapons (I mean I see a Vityaz and (yeah) RPK)

So I can't find words to discripe how do I'm happy about this and to thank you!

This is a mod developed by a former RHS developer. We have discontinued our cooperation at the moment so all the equipment you see on that page will be a part of his own separate mod.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

This is a mod developed by a former RHS developer. We have discontinued our cooperation at the moment so all the equipment you see on that page will be a part of his own separate mod.

Ah, damn. There goes my dreams of using some of those sweet uniforms in the mission I made. /shameless plug

Guess I'll use those hiddenselections instead! :don9:

17 hours ago, x3kj said:

except commanders irl do not have to deal with total morons

Have you served with conscripts? :f:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Thanks for reply soul_assassin! :)

But so sad answer that you doesn't work together anymore. :(

Did you know how use this mod RHS assests so RHS will be required and maybe we will see a release on Steamworkshop too? Sorry for asking but I can't ask him because I can't speak russian.

• Like 2