I have question regarding the US Army Stryker, I know they have been brought up before. I would like to know if these are being work on currently, and if they are, are y'all planning to do every varents of the Stryker? 

On your 6Sh116 vests, which I have retextured, I've noticed that there's a few strips of webbing on the buttpouch that stay olive despite retexturing all the hiddenselction-related textures of the vest. Is it stuck pulling from the original olive texture, is there a missing hidden selection? It sort of bugs me with the black textures I made, having those olive stripes on the back, hoping I can fix it but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

1 hour ago, payne2010 said:

I have question regarding the US Army Stryker, I know they have been brought up before. I would like to know if these are being work on currently, and if they are, are y'all planning to do every varents of the Stryker? 

Just waiting for the Pufu Roast

• Like 3

3 hours ago, payne2010 said:

No, we don't plan doing it.

Have a nice day.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Wonder what else you've been using your time with since then :)

• Like 10

That AK rail is absurd and makes no sense compared to the standard NPZ rail, but I love it! I know that is it considered a great sin to pimp ones AK, but I do love me a bit of pimped AK. 

Question: Will the new rails work in the same way that the current ones do? If I take it off, it will appear in my inventory for reattachment? Sometimes I like being kewl and folding my stock for some room clearance, but going in with an NPZ rail on, coming out with the new one, through a smoke grenade, it will be like an AK makeover in real time.

Anyhows, though. Killer work as usual guys!

It works the same; there is only one 'adapter' attachment which when combined will give you the rail, either the NPZ or the B-13 depending on the weapon.

Ahhh, cool cool. Looks sweet though, I do love a bit o' pimpin'. Stellar work as always, looking forward to playing with it :)

7 hours ago, payne2010 said:

you must be new...

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, jackco said:

where is afrf torrent?

there is none - it's no longer supported

5 hours ago, PuFu said:

you must be new...

Haha... no, I'm just asking a simple question 

2 hours ago, payne2010 said:

You choose the right person to mess with!))

Spoiler

77sg1q.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, payne2010 said:

That maybe so, but it is a request which RHS prefer you not to do in their thread. If you have an addon request, the best place to ask it is here: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/201544-arma-3-addon-request-thread/

This isn't a request. He asked whether they are working on something, not asked them to work on something. I'd rather not see the definition of a "request" expanded to cover "any question whatsoever about content that isn't in the current release". IIRC, Stryker was even in the works at some point (though I'm pretty sure it isn't now).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

This isn't a request. He asked whether they are working on something, not asked them to work on something. I'd rather not see the definition of a "request" expanded to cover "any question whatsoever about content that isn't in the current release". IIRC, Stryker was even in the works at some point (though I'm pretty sure it isn't now).

I can appreciate that, but it would have been better to sent me a PM rather than posting your objection. If you have any questions, criticism of the moderating team or concerns regarding the forum rules, please contact our head moderator. Now lets return to the topic in hand. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, payne2010 said:

so you must be new....we never provide info about stuff that is in the works....

14 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

This isn't a request. He asked whether they are working on something, not asked them to work on something. I'd rather not see the definition of a "request" expanded to cover "any question whatsoever about content that isn't in the current release".

you very well know that if we say that something is in the works, we gonna get questions over questions on when it is gonna be ready and released, if we say it isn't we gonna get questions about why it isn't in the works, when it is going to be and why something else takes priority over it....

we only provide the information about WIP assets that we consider it is relevant.

no matter if you ask a question or request something, you will most likely get the same sort of reply

IIRC, Stryker was even in the works at some point (though I'm pretty sure it isn't now).|

ohh really? how would you remember about a topic we have never posted about directly confirming on denying it...if you don't mind me asking? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PuFu said:

ohh really? how would you remember about a topic we have never posted about directly confirming on denying it...if you don't mind me asking? 

I don't remember exactly, but someone said he was working on it at one point. Of course, that might have been the same guy who later turned out to be offering you a stolen model. Either way, it was some time ago, I don't remember exactly.

Also, are you sure you're speaking for the team? Considering Redphoenix posted, a few posts above yours, an unambiguous confirmation that Stryker isn't currently being worked on (not to mention all confirmed WIPs)... :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Also, are you sure you're speaking for the team?

yes

Considering Redphoenix posted, a few posts above yours, an unambiguous confirmation that Stryker isn't currently being worked on (not to mention all confirmed WIPs)... :) 

your sarcasm foo is really really weak...

also you might wanna read what @Redphoenix actually posted: not that it isn't in the works, but that we never intend doing any strykers or it's variants....

• Like 3

what is in the future plans then? any way for your fans to find out on their own?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heavygunner said:

I guess that just means that no one in the RHS team had time or the desire to make one?

it is never that simple...

12 minutes ago, broduz said:

what is in the future plans then? any way for your fans to find out on their own?

i just wrote 2 posts above that we do not make detailed future plans public...you can see stuff that is in the works here or on our social media pages

you need to understand that there are a number of reasons why we don't:
1. we would create expectations which translates into messages, here and in social media, which in turn somehow transforms in requests

2. most of the time, due to the hobby nature of modding, we cannot really respect even self-imposed timelines...so we don't make any promises (i am prime example here)

3. due to the way RHS works, we don't really even know it ourselves, at least on the long term - each individual is free to work on whatever they want - the scope of the mod is so large that allows everyone to freely contribute to/with whatever they want as long as it it relevant for AFRF, USAF, GREF and more recently SAF. 

etc... 

i know myself and some others posted about it before in greater detail, i personally cannot be bothered repeating the same thing over and over again...

• Like 2

Man...the attitude of some responses here is so toxic...

I understand if you get mad at people for asking when is the stuff gonna be ready but telling people off for coming here probably for the first time and asking if something new is being worked on because they apparently enjoy your mod and dont know about your overly aggressive attitude to these questions seems wrong to me.

For someone who goes through this topic often it might be clear but how is a guy like him with barely 20 posts supposed to know that you hate these kinds of questions unless he goes through all the 400 pages in this topic?

I get it...its annoying when people keep asking but thats to be expected when so many people enjoy your mod. Its not like they want to upset you by asking... 

• Like 9

Well, when you feel like yuou've had to have been a broken record  for the last 500 pages you start to become a little sick of repeating yourself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over etc. Especially when he's basically had to repeat something multiple times in the span of a few posts. Pufu has an annoying and frustrating job especially considering he's working in a second language here, and you'd likely be just as crass in his position.

Furthermore, asking if the team is working on something is not much better than requesting things and can easily be interpreted as (and frequently is) a rephrase of a request to try and skirt the rules, which only creates unnecessary and unwanted friction between RHS and it's fans. Besides, CUP has a complete line of Styker vehicles to work with anyhow, and just about anybody who uses RHS uses CUP, too. No, it's not outstanding quality but it's "good enough for army work," and really you're not nitpicking textures during missions anyhow. If it looks out of place somehow, oh well. Would it be nice to have RHS everything? Fuck yeah! Would it be at all reasonable? Fuck no. So the best course of action for all of us would be to accept that they have a certain design trajectory they want to go for, and respect their decision to do so and not pester them with a giant list of things we want. All we have gotten, are getting, and probably ever will get on that front is a magic 8-ball that only ever turns up "we'll see" or "no, stop asking me."

Oh, and did I mention that beating your head against a wall will hurt you more than the wall?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

a rephrase of a request to try and skirt the rules

I should note that there is no actual rule against requests. Some pages back it was stated quite clearly by the moderators. The "no request" policy is something RHS team can only ask the community to abide by (a request, if you will :) ). There's no rule to skirt, and I think that also asking to refrain from questions about unreleased/hypothetical content is asking a bit too much.

I don't know about others, but English is also not my first language (though I use it without any difficulty unless I have to speak), but I'm capable of simply ignoring things I don't want to answer to. I only reply to posts which are worth replying to. :) 

• Like 2