1 hour ago, gunny24 said:

hey, will you guys include the Mk48 and Mk46 SAW´s into RHS that Toadie did for his NiArms pack?

In all likelihood, probably not. Also, the RHS team generally doesn't like requests, or things that sound like requests.

• Like 2

nope, really just a question. wanted  to know it, because of addon managment on the server dont want to have the same guns in 3 different packs, also these guns are "missing" for the US guys and they previously included the other SAW´s from toadies pack.

Is it possible to mount a 240 to the tripod for added stability?

I know ACE has the "hog saddle" for snipers. I'm not able to put a tripod on the ground and then mount a 240 or 249 to it for added stability for long distance engagements from a SBF position. 

It's not possible to mount a "hand" weapon onto a tripod, the engine doesn't support it. Which is a pity (vanilla MGs could use that, as well), but not something that the RHS team can do. A tripod-mounted M240 would have to come in a "bag" form that would be unusable when dismounted.

That's not exactly true. Our hand carried L7 GPMG can be mounted onto a tripod to form the tripod version of the GPMG. You can then break it down into a tripod and L7, which can then be carried and fired as normal. We changed the two bag system to have all of our tripods and weapons (GPMG, GMG, HMG, Mortar) use the launcher slot of the unit, rather than the backpack slot. We also did away with the magically appearing ammo, meaning you need to take it with you as well.

• Like 14

@evrik. I was wondering if the same system would work on turrets on vehicles. 

1 hour ago, evrik said:

That's not exactly true. Our hand carried L7 GPMG can be mounted onto a tripod to form the tripod version of the GPMG. You can then break it down into a tripod and L7, which can then be carried and fired as normal. We changed the two bag system to have all of our tripods and weapons (GPMG, GMG, HMG, Mortar) use the launcher slot of the unit, rather than the backpack slot. We also did away with the magically appearing ammo, meaning you need to take it with you as well.

I've got to try it, then. Is that in any released "3CB" mods? RHS could definitely use something like that. Not only GPMGs, but the Russian Metis launcher can also be fired from hand. It would be difficult to actually hit something with it (it uses SACLOS guidance, which means it'd be very affected by sway), but it should be an option. Having to carry ammo separately (and being able to pick how much to take) would also be an interesting addition.

• Like 2

Yes, it's in the 3CB Weapon pack. J McMerry, I have pm'd you a response. I don't want to hijack this thread any further with non-RHS posts.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2017 at 8:00 PM, Rayko said:

Of cource! Why should we have one big mod with tech adopted to each other and which is sharing the models and other stuff between factions, if we can get 10 mods with 10 versions of M1a1 Abrams but with different count of polygons and large variety of textures of different quality!)))))

The British Army doesn't use M1A1 Abrams.....

Bar a couple of weapons systems theres very little overlap between British and American Armed Forces, 

Considering 3CB is already well established and also include alot of their own extras in the mods (Carryable static ammo, logistics features, vehicle variance etc.) It would be a huge amount of work just to make the mods fully compatible with each other

Although one thing I'd love to see is cross compatibility of RHS/3CB magazines, which would make joint operations much easier (I know both are set up to use vanilla 5.56 magazines so they are a good all round, but it would be nice to know everything you had would work in everything you had)

• Like 3

I have a question regarding the RHSUSAF's HMMWVS.

I want to make a mission and have a custom symbol on the doors. I tried retexturiing the hmmwv and applying setObjectTexture in the init but it doesn't work. Is it possible to add a custom symbol to the doors in a mission without addons?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Considering 3CB is already well established and also include alot of their own extras in the mods (Carryable static ammo, logistics features, vehicle variance etc.) It would be a huge amount of work just to make the mods fully compatible with each other

I was rather thinking of introducing the 3CB features (or developing similar ones) to RHS. Not merely compatibility, but rather introducing some of those features directly into RHS.

Alternatively, we can hope that BIS will take interest in 3CB functionality and replicate it in the engine, just like they did with RHS tank sights and rangefinders. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, evrik said:

I used it with IFA3, hand down the best MG emplacement system I've seen! Should be in base game!

So should RHS at this rate

sir , i have bug on my rhs in version 4.2 , when i ride helicopter there is no any miniguns ammo . USAF AH-64 Apache doesn't have miniguns ammo and others gunships AFRF, USAF,GREF,SAF .. 

can i fix this? when i play oldest version of arma 3 it works just fine no bugs and others .

On 10/08/2017 at 0:30 AM, kerozen said:

I have a question regarding the RHSUSAF's HMMWVS.

I want to make a mission and have a custom symbol on the doors. I tried retexturiing the hmmwv and applying setObjectTexture in the init but it doesn't work. Is it possible to add a custom symbol to the doors in a mission without addons?

Unit decals for the tailgate, doors etc. are hiddenSelections indices 9 and 10 on most models, except the unarmed M1025A2s, where they're 8 and 9

Decal locations

UV Layouts

• Like 2

On 08.08.2017 at 11:16 AM, gunny24 said:

hey, will you guys include the Mk48 and Mk46 SAW´s into RHS that Toadie did for his NiArms pack?

1)Telling people what to do is annoying.It killing motivation.Also - good food for trolls :P

2)Can't disagree,implement of Mk.xx would be definitely nice.Reasons,why this not ingame yet,I don't know.

3)You always may offer your help to match this guns to RHS level(Sounds,ajusts,ammo etc).And then send it.Maybe it will be in next release.Basically you only have to rewrite configs,it's not so hard.

On 06.08.2017 at 10:00 PM, Rayko said:

Of cource! Why should we have one big mod with tech adopted to each other and which is sharing the models and other stuff between factions, if we can get 10 mods with 10 versions of M1a1 Abrams but with different count of polygons and large variety of textures of different quality!)))))

(But i do respect the choice of mod creators, they can do whatever they want)

Everybody peace!:dummy:

You know why...

Forget about standartization between diffirent mods.Usually people,who interested in standartization just crack the mods and modernise it(!).

15 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

The British Army doesn't use M1A1 Abrams.....

When people understand abstract things literally...

As for me - current ArmA modding community like early UNIX community.Everyone want their own stuff with...

3 hours ago, Helvin Perdana said:

can i fix this? when i play oldest version of arma 3 it works just fine no bugs and others .

What version of arma3 are you running?

18 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

What version of arma3 are you running?

Why the hell you help him? You should ban him!!!

Its a shame!

1 hour ago, Pan Samogon said:

When people understand abstract things literally...

As for me - current ArmA modding community like early UNIX community.Everyone want their own stuff with...

No I understood his reference, you obviously don't understand the joke I made

But thats ok, I forgive you

And I agree theres a huge amount of overlap in the Arma modding community, but the nature of modding in your spare time means you work on what you like, and people tend to like similar things

1 hour ago, Helvin Perdana said:

im using arma 3 ver 1.70.141 and launcher ver 1.5.1

So you are using a pirate copy of the game. Arma 3 is on version 1.74 and steam auto updates. Goodbye

Your "SS" profile pic did not help matters. A pirate and a nazi...wow.

• Like 8

yep im using pirate games on my pc . but i usually test some mods in pirate just to know the mod running as well or not . any fix for my problem sir?

3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Unit decals for the tailgate, doors etc. are hiddenSelections indices 9 and 10 on most models, except the unarmed M0125A2s, where they're 8 and 9

Decal locations

UV Layouts

Thank you, i think i went up to like 5 or 6 and then stopped thinking it wouldn't work. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, AHTNTEPPOP said:

Why the hell you help him? You should ban him!!!

Its a shame!

why?

43 minutes ago, kerozen said:

why?

Because of his "SS" profile picture i think. Germans are hating nazi symbols more than the others nowadays!:f:

• Like 1