23 minutes ago, sargken said:

If your willing to deal with the download speed cap

Well pay the $8 a month and become a subscriber then. Unlimited dl speed if you are. 

12 hours ago, sargken said:

If your willing to deal with the download speed cap

Well I have slow internet anyways so it doesn't matter to me :)

EDIT: And yes I use steam for rhs.

We cannot stress this enough:

If you download via Steam, you can use Delta-Patching after the first download. That means, that you will not download the full mod every time - you will only download the changes. 

That means that instead of downloading several GB with every patch you will only download a couple of hundred MBs. So people with slow or limited internet should prefer Steam Workshop over every other download.

• Like 11

Also, Steam can both throttle and split downloads, and it does far better job at it than anything else I tried. Since RHS doesn't update all that often (the team seems to find teasing us for months more amusing :) ), unexpectedly having to download a large file is not much of a concern.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Also, Steam can both throttle and split downloads, and it does far better job at it than anything else I tried. Since RHS doesn't update all that often (the team seems to find teasing us for months more amusing :) ), unexpectedly having to download a large file is not much of a concern.

nah not amusing :) we really wish it could come sooner, but a lot of people are on vacation or starting new jobs etc. so manpower is a bit tight.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

nah not amusing :) we really wish it could come sooner, but a lot of people are on vacation or starting new jobs etc. so manpower is a bit tight.

No worries, its nice to see updates been worked on. But at the end of the day addon making is a hobby, and unfortunately some members of the community seem to forget that.

• Like 1

Hello, are there any plans to make the hatch/hellhole in the Chinook closable? It is rather annoying as we would like to paradrop from the ramp and not through the hellhole

13 hours ago, DoTo said:

Hello, are there any plans to make the hatch/hellhole in the Chinook closable? It is rather annoying as we would like to paradrop from the ramp and not through the hellhole

You must pray to the devs for some of their time to fix the hole in the floor.

I've been studying your rocket launcher damage values a bit now, since I'm making my own addon.

Why do you have the caliber values like this caliber="(550/((15*1000)/1000))"; rather than just writing caliber="36";. Does it somehow make a difference if it's calculated like that?

Doesn't make a difference ingame, no.

Formula takes in to account various factors applied to the RHS armour/penetration materials used on the vehicle models, so it's there for ease of editing specific characteristics to produce the final result.

2 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Doesn't make a difference ingame, no.

Formula takes in to account various factors applied to the RHS armour/penetration materials used on the vehicle models, so it's there for ease of editing specific characteristics to produce the final result.

Your avatar looks interesting. New RHS project?

9 hours ago, sargken said:

You must pray to the devs for some of their time to fix the hole in the floor.

I shall include that in my daily prayers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ljcsteam said:

Your avatar looks interesting. New RHS project?

No, just nationalism

• Like 10

7 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

No, just nationalism

i don't believe that :wink_o::tounge_o:

21 minutes ago, DonbassCZ said:

US NAVY is coming up next? :yay:

Omg... Why you think so? Judging by da12thMonkey's British Royal Navy symbol?:dozingoff:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rayko said:

Omg... Why you think so? Judging by da12thMonkey's British Royal Navy symbol?:dozingoff:

Thats the Tri-Service logo of the British Armed Forces not the Navy...

Eagle for the RAF, Crossed Swords for the British Army and Anchor for the Royal Navy.

And i'm pretty sure RHS have said before they're not doing BAF so da12thMonkey's explanation of "Nationalism" is probably true

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

Thats the Tri-Service logo of the British Armed Forces not the Navy...

Eagle for the RAF, Crossed Swords for the British Army and Anchor for the Royal Navy.

And i'm pretty sure RHS have said before they're not doing BAF so da12thMonkey's explanation of "Nationalism" is probably true

remember when it was? Also RHS said long ago that there will be only US and RU?, well its RHS they do what they want to do, maybe a little bit later we could see some Sa80 rifles

11 minutes ago, mihal190 said:

remember when it was? Also RHS said long ago that there will be only US and RU?, well its RHS they do what they want to do, maybe a little bit later we could see some Sa80 rifles

It came up briefly a few times after GREF and SAF was released and had even been asked before that so unless a BAF mod team has folded in under the RHS banner then i wouldn't expect another project so close after SAF became a thing let alone BAF.

I could be wrong and RHS are the only ones who know for sure but i personally don't see a reason for them to do BAF when we've already got nice mods covering british equipment plus they've got alot on their plate already with AFRF, USAF, GREF and SAF.

Hi, i wanted to know if this is a problem only on my side and i should reinstall everything, or it is on purpose.

I'm creating a small base for me to play around and i created a MOUT training area and placed some enemy units around.
At first I placed "Theevencat" CSAT units, and was surprised how sometimes took me a full mag to put down some of his units (wasn't missing any shots but wasn't always hitting in the chest area) so I decided to test it in the virtual arsenal and surprisingly enough took only 5 hits center chest at 20 meters away. but in the Editor while testing always took a lot more, but ok.
So I decided to trade for Russian RHS units, to se if while testing i got a little more mid term.
But it is on the other end of the extreme, that even with the highest difficulty, one hit from the M4 in the leg was an instant kill, rarely the enemy unit would take more then one shot, but it was like a second shot and they where done.

Is it a problem with my game that things are so messed up?

Been experiencing this with other mods like Military Gear Pack and VSM in the Virtual arsenal tells me that it is almost full with the Ballistic protection bar, and takes up to 6 or 8 shots center mess against the Ciras vest (For example) at almost close range with the Scar H... but in game if I'm using I die instantly with one shot to the chest.
If is my game can anyone explain to me how to fix this? Been having a lot of problems with arma since installing it a few times, always with some problem that need's reinstall to fix.

@Eduardo Argimon How many bullets do you want an infantry unit to take to the face, chest and legs before he's ineffective? I'm not a solider and never have been, and I've also (fortunately) never been shot, but 1-2 sounds perfectly reasonable.

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@Eduardo Argimon How many bullets do you want an infantry unit to take to the face, chest and legs before he's ineffective? I'm not a solider and never have been, and I've also (fortunately) never been shot, but 1-2 sounds perfectly reasonable.

Not if you're hitting the armor.

That's why I'm asking, and also I'm asking because in Virtual arsenal the amount of shot's needed is different from the amount needed in the actual mission itself per say.
And If one shot was enough to kill someone even hitting in the plates, they wouldn't be issued because they would be useless and a unnecessary weight.
That's why I think there is something wrong with my clientside.

Just tested on virtual arsenal the 6B13 armor against the M4 and was a constant 4-5 shots center mass before dropping the target from 8 to I'd guess 100 meters (farthest away guy)But in the mission editor, if i place someone with the same armor and shoot against it with the same weapon using the same ammo M855 is just one hit kill (all shots where hitting just a little above the weapon they are holding.)

• Like 1

There is an issue with body armour not being effective on RHS uniform/character-models. Seemed like infantry damage got changed and the armorstructural value applied to RHS units is now considered too low for body armour to have any appreciable scalar effect on the ability to take damage, for the unit wearing it.

I removed the offending config parameters several weeks ago at our end though. So a fix of sorts is there in a future patch.

We also fixed the fact that wound textures are currently not working on several uniforms in AFRF, GREF and SAF.

• Like 4